NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 12 hours ago
21880 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by ga_fms View Post
    Valuation of intangibles is difficult , like worth of housewife work, amount of CTC foregone for a job offering better work-life balance, Satisfaction of ownership from house is one such intangible.. ..maybe a majority indian thing...fools..I agree.
    True.

Main point is to buy what you can afford. And to be adequately insured.

Not pay rent plus emi for 7 years delay and pay double price for the flat (by bank interest for 20 years) and not realise it.

Nor pay premium of 7000 and be insured for 1 lakh plus bonus/loyalty additions - instead of 1 crore insurance but no bonus.

Never mix investment with expenditure.

And negative intangibles like crook builders brokers and delays and such headaches also need to be factored in.

Like "why are you banging your head on the wall?"

"Feels good when I stop!" mentality
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
      The middle class in India is a new phenomenon say less than a decade old. The middle class of India primarily are either guys working in private jobs or oldies who got benefited because of 6th pay commission.
      Now gurgaon rose in last 10 years because of those private jobs however the nature of those jobs are highly volatile due to its dependence on foreign owners.
      The oldies who got benefited due to 6th pay commission either have their own home somewhere and or they are so much gelled into their own surrounding that moving to a new area means giving up most of the connections.
      Now the big picture the average earnings of Delhi is close to 3 lakhs per annum and 95% of ncr population earns that much only.
      So the 5 percent of the population which earns upwards of 10 lakhs per annum is the target audience of Gurgaon high rise flats and they are the real buyers.
      So total of 15 lakhs as the population of ncr is Not more than 3 crores are the people who can afford to buy those properties.
      Now out of those 15 lakhs around 60% already live in their own house which means we are left with 6 lakhs of population who can be dubbed as potential buyers of the property above 60 lakhs because as the thumb rule 40% of the average 3 years earnings multiplied by 12 years.
      Now those 6 lakhs are spread over Delhi, gurgaon, Faridabad and noida with majority in noida and gurgaon so if we assume that one third of the capable population will buy in gurgaon then that figure is just 2 lakhs and the last unsold inventory is 1.92 lakhs so which means until huge job creation happens the inventory available is adequate to cater the needs of the population looking for home.
      The rest of the population read 95% will continue to live the pseudo middle class life and will never make to the real middle class until Indian banks start behaving like Japanese and us banks on the behest of the government.

Rohit
      Agreed on all your points. great calculations as well seriously. but I have one small question. How many dwelling units in gurgaon less than 60 lakhs. Be it a flat or a bungalow or a builder floor?
      So the point is that for any buyer of home, there is nothing below 60 lakhs in gurgaon.

Now take a case of any other city. The same will be case with a lesser cost and a lesser earning as well.

So by your theory, nobody should purchase a home if he is in middle class (middle class as per respective city)?

Comment

Originally posted by ravikot View Post
        Agreed on all your points. great calculations as well seriously. but I have one small question. How many dwelling units in gurgaon less than 60 lakhs. Be it a flat or a bungalow or a builder floor?
        So the point is that for any buyer of home, there is nothing below 60 lakhs in gurgaon.

Now take a case of any other city. The same will be case with a lesser cost and a lesser earning as well.

So by your theory, nobody should purchase a home if he is in middle class (middle class as per respective city)?
        Well there is a well defined path for owning a home and I have outlined it many times

Rohit

Comment

I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
          I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
          Time for them to do some introspection.

Rohit
          Congrats Rohit

You have again managed to hijack this thread with your posts, and instigate some members to respond to them, thus going on a completely different tangent from what this thread is intended for i.e. sharing DEW updates. I have been guilty of this myself in the past, and hence now I contain myself from responding to any of your insinuations.

Hand on heart man, what are you trying to achieve on this thread? I agree with you that progress on DEW has not been the ideal, I agree that property market is in the dumps (not only on DEW, but all over NCR), and I agree that as an End-user I am concerned for my "investment". But then, every part of NCR has some litigation or the other, every investment / purchase comes with its associated risks; and everything can't be expected to perform all the times. There is only one of two things I can do here:

1. Panic, and try to sell my unit in an illiquid, and depressed market
          2. Have patience, have faith in my investment, focus on other aspects of life, and generally ride out the storm

There are many boarders on this thread who make actual contributions by highlighting pros and cons of DEW, take pains to go over court rulings, do a site visit, and make videos to upload them on this thread for benefit of other members. I am including Ulti_Chakri in list of these members, because he plays the role of devil's advocate effectively, rather than just asking inane questions like When will DEW get completed.

What has been your contribution to this thread other than stating the obvious, enjoying at the expense of end-users / investors, and generally showing how great you / your investments are.

Please don't respond on this thread, take this conversation to bubble burst thread where it belongs, and I will be happy to respond.
          Last edited by PhoenixRise; January 30 2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixRise View Post
            Congrats Rohit

You have again managed to hijack this thread with your posts, and instigate some members to respond to them, thus going on a completely different tangent from what this thread is intended for i.e. sharing DEW updates. I have been guilty of this myself in the past, and hence now I contain myself from responding to any of your insinuations.

Hand on heart man, what are you trying to achieve on this thread? I agree with you that progress on DEW has not been the ideal, I agree that property market is in the dumps (not only on DEW, but all over NCR), and I agree that as an End-user I am concerned for my "investment". But then, every part of NCR has some litigation or the other, every investment / purchase comes with its associated risks; and everything can't be expected to perform all the times. There is only one of two things I can do here:

1. Panic, and try to sell my unit in an illiquid, and depressed market
            2. Have patience, have faith in my investment, focus on other aspects of life, and generally ride out the storm

There are many boarders on this thread who make actual contributions by highlighting pros and cons of DEW, take pains to go over court rulings, do a site visit, and make videos to upload them on this thread for benefit of other members. I am including Ulti_Chakri in list of these members, because he plays the role of devil's advocate effectively, rather than just asking inane questions like When will DEW get completed.

What has been your contribution to this thread other than stating the obvious, enjoying at the expense of end-users / investors, and generally showing how great you / your investments are.

Please don't respond on this thread, take this conversation to bubble burst thread where it belongs, and I will be happy to respond.
            Well I am speechless, thank you for agreeing with some commonsense points.
            I am NOT against d eway or for that matter any particular area, I am concerned about those with vested interest by creating a hype with every bit of news.
            I never said that anyone should panic if anyone has the willingness and ability to ride the storm please go ahead my best wishes.
            However if anyone who wants to get swayed by the hype my posts, atleast I believe will help them in finding the reality in the hype and may discover themselves in the process.

Rohit

Comment

Well I am speechless, thank you for agreeing with some commonsense points.
              I am NOT against d eway or for that matter any particular area, I am concerned about those with vested interest by creating a hype with every bit of news.
              I never said that anyone should panic if anyone has the willingness and ability to ride the storm please go ahead my best wishes.
              However if anyone who wants to get swayed by the hype my posts, atleast I believe will help them in finding the reality in the hype and may discover themselves in the process.

Rohit
              Here I go again...

1. You say that "You're not against DEW" .... yet you got a call for LIC insurance, and the only thing you could correlate that to was people invested on DEW ... no other part of NCR!!!

2. You talk about people with "vested interests" creating a hype. Please note that these vested interests people are ones who take pains to do site visit, go through court rulings, and share development of DEW do so for themselves, and for benefits of many others who either can't go to DEW on their own, do not have knowledge to understand legal matters, or just want to be updated about ground reality.

You had proclaimed not so long ago about doing a site visit for DEW, and sharing some startling facts. We know how that ended..... you couldn’t get out of your quilt because of the cold. So please don’t dilute the effort of members who put in sincere efforts in getting facts as “vested interests”

And what do you have to say about members who surface with negative news only when some positives are shared? Wouldn’t you call those as ones having “vested interest?”

In any case, anyone who wants to invest / purchase in DEW (or any other part of the country) should make the effort of doing a site visit before they decide to part with their hard earned money. Just like they shouldn’t believe the hype that vested interests are creating, they might be advised to not put off a purchase (if their financial capacity allows them) just because "vested interests" are out to hang DEW (in particular)

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixRise View Post
                Here I go again...

1. You say that "You're not against DEW" .... yet you got a call for LIC insurance, and the only thing you could correlate that to was people invested on DEW ... no other part of NCR!!!

2. You talk about people with "vested interests" creating a hype. Please note that these vested interests people are ones who take pains to do site visit, go through court rulings, and share development of DEW do so for themselves, and for benefits of many others who either can't go to DEW on their own, do not have knowledge to understand legal matters, or just want to be updated about ground reality.

You had proclaimed not so long ago about doing a site visit for DEW, and sharing some startling facts. We know how that ended..... you couldn’t get out of your quilt because of the cold. So please don’t dilute the effort of members who put in sincere efforts in getting facts as “vested interests”

And what do you have to say about members who surface with negative news only when some positives are shared? Wouldn’t you call those as ones having “vested interest?”

In any case, anyone who wants to invest / purchase in DEW (or any other part of the country) should make the effort of doing a site visit before they decide to part with their hard earned money. Just like they shouldn’t believe the hype that vested interests are creating, they might be advised to not put off a purchase (if their financial capacity allows them) just because "vested interests" are out to hang DEW (in particular)
                Well I would say this argument is going nowhere : I believe you have not yet figured out the people with vested interest, well you will sooner than later.
                Yes the plan of leg work on deway got postponed from my side due to other pressing priorities however nothing has changed since then and that agenda is still on the to do list.

There is a misunderstanding being created between investment and expenditure hence that lic example was given.

Rohit

Comment

Hi,
                  It could be an oversimplification to make such assumptions to calculate the overall housing market in a geographical area such as Gurgaon.
                  1. only 5% people earn 10 Lakh per annum? Isn't the figure more in the range 15-20%.
                  2. You assumed nothing between 3 lakh and 10 lakh per annum - an important gap.
                  3. What about double/triple income households?
                  4. what about jumping from smaller flat to larger flat (marginal investment required)
                  4. What about the ultra rich with >5 investments each (i know many such individuals personally)
                  4. What about black money in the equation? I live in Europe. In last two weeks, i met three different Dhoby Indians who want to Whiten their cash (MASSIVE amounts >100million green currency, kept in a very beautiful country). They fear modi and want to take precautionary measures before Modi turns the heat on. There must be lot more black money under the mattresses in India...If and when Modi turns the heat, Where will such cash land up?
                  6. In France, they say that property follows a seven year cycle...statistical data for last thirty years shows this...experts point to many reasons for this. How is the gurgaon property market curve going to be?
                  7. NCR is a complex market. many factors are involved, proximity to the airport is one such important factor that makes ggaon important and is a big pull factor to be taken in our calculations
                  8. another way : There are 6000 unplanned colonies in NCR, each with an average of 500 units roughly translating to 3 million units valued at average 40 lakh each. If there is 5% upward movement each year from these units : that is 150000 units in demand for around 1 CR each + add the number of executives moving into delhi...
                  9. An attempt to calculate demand/inventory gap should take into consideration attractivity of the area. How many people want to move to that area from other areas.

The middle class in India is a new phenomenon say less than a decade old. The middle class of India primarily are either guys working in private jobs or oldies who got benefited because of 6th pay commission.
                  Now gurgaon rose in last 10 years because of those private jobs however the nature of those jobs are highly volatile due to its dependence on foreign owners.
                  The oldies who got benefited due to 6th pay commission either have their own home somewhere and or they are so much gelled into their own surrounding that moving to a new area means giving up most of the connections.
                  Now the big picture the average earnings of Delhi is close to 3 lakhs per annum and 95% of ncr population earns that much only.
                  So the 5 percent of the population which earns upwards of 10 lakhs per annum is the target audience of Gurgaon high rise flats and they are the real buyers.
                  So total of 15 lakhs as the population of ncr is Not more than 3 crores are the people who can afford to buy those properties.
                  Now out of those 15 lakhs around 60% already live in their own house which means we are left with 6 lakhs of population who can be dubbed as potential buyers of the property above 60 lakhs because as the thumb rule 40% of the average 3 years earnings multiplied by 12 years.
                  Now those 6 lakhs are spread over Delhi, gurgaon, Faridabad and noida with majority in noida and gurgaon so if we assume that one third of the capable population will buy in gurgaon then that figure is just 2 lakhs and the last unsold inventory is 1.92 lakhs so which means until huge job creation happens the inventory available is adequate to cater the needs of the population looking for home.
                  The rest of the population read 95% will continue to live the pseudo middle class life and will never make to the real middle class until Indian banks start behaving like Japanese and us banks on the behest of the government.

Rohit

Comment

Are these last few posts even relevant to NPR? Please keep the discussion focussed on the topic of the thread, and the other chatter can move to more generic threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Schaan View Post
                      Are these last few posts even relevant to NPR? Please keep the discussion focussed on the topic of the thread, and the other chatter can move to more generic threads.
                      Absolutely correct. If there is any update on NPR then please post here. Other irrelevant discussions please do it on PM or open another thread.

NOT HERE PLEASE!

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X