A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Rohit1975
    Despite repeated attempts, NHAI officials could not be contacted. the above says it all

From what I heard, neither were these people representing the number of residential projects claimed, nor were they telling the truth about NHAI not doing anything.
    I am just wondering, if NHAI did not do any work as these people were claiming, how come such detailed project reports and tenders were done within a span of about a year? Looks like only photo session and attention grabbing activities to come in the media to try and show that they are holding some relevance before all the plans are rolled out by NHAI, since the contractors are time bound as per the contracts being awarded. A small but important fact overlooked by most, including the newpaper reporting this, that the completion dates for the various projects/sections are already given.
    If NHAI was to start responding to all the people like this, then they will never be able to do the actual work.

There are more things happening for the decongestion of Delhi, and some more infrastructure developments taking place in Gurgaon in the various areas. All these are time bound as per the contracts being awarded, and no relaxation is being given for the timelines. That has been made clear in the pre-bid queries.
    SPR and NPR both are getting a lot of attention from the authorities. Sohna Road as well will get the elevated corridor to just beyond Badshahpur.
    This will ease up the connectivity issues drastically in these areas, and open up these areas to the people who used to consider these to be difficult and time consuming to get to.
    CommentQuote
    4 Comments
    • ggnhomeowner1 months ago
      @myhomein16 From what I heard earlier, court case for the oustees got dragged on, since some influential person there holds a lot of property on GPA and keeps instigating the others around to keep fighting for higher compensation, whereas if they had accepted what they were being given years ago they would have have had been a lot better off.
      I had been there a few weeks back, and most of the road is complete, only 2 sections of about 300m and one section of about 500m remains. From what I was told Delhi side land acquisition is nearly complete, and wasn't done so years ago due to vested interests.
  • http://www.livemint.com/Companies/KU4E8LMDm1M3fqMB8ZT7aP/Shapoorji-Pallonji-buys-20-acres-from-BPTP-in-Delhi.html

shapoorji pallonji has bought a 20 acres piece of land from BPTP on Dwarka expressway for about 150 crs. Only a couple of weeks backs godrej had baought a similar piece from BPTP for about 300 crs. BPTP has apaprently two more deals lined up for its Dwarka Expressway Land in 102. All the big boys of the construction industry are closing up deals here. and I know that 800 crores are not just invested just like that, unless there is something big cooking.

I am not a big investment Pundit as others on this thread! but when I see smoke I am smart enough to know that there is fire.

I have a good feeling about this somehow, I dont know.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • colspyadav1 months ago
      If you go through the tender and design documents for NPR, you will observe that this road is being designed as a signal free ELEVATED 8 lane road. They are also providing 8 lanes below the elevated road for routing sector level traffic along with service roads will are of 3 lanes each. NPR and SPR will therefore have the best infrastructure in entire NCR. Moreover, the NPR will also provide seamless connectivity to the new Jaipur super expressway whose construction will be started next year. Hence all people headed for Jaipur from the Delhi Airport or west/north delhi will have signal free connectivity from the airport/Dwarka right upto Jaipur. Construction of NPR is starting by end of this year and it should be ready latest by end 2019. Though it has been very frustrating due to the 10 year delay, the end result is going to be excellent.
  • Next in line is BPTP that may go bankrupt.
    CommentQuote
    4 Comments
    • pointer1 months ago
      "they just sold some land to Godrej .. which i think will allow bptp to complete their (some) ongoing projects"
      as per news it is to pay off debts!
  • Originally Posted by Radhadesh
    Next in line is BPTP that may go bankrupt.

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/3YGkoU3jyhh7E6E23YLy1H/Godrej-Properties-buys-Dwarka-Expressway-land-from-BPTP-Ltd.html

This is part of BPTP’s larger monetization strategy through which it aims to settle all dues to foreign investors JP Morgan Chase and Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC. by March 2018.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pointer

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/3YGkoU3jyhh7E6E23YLy1H/Godrej-Properties-buys-Dwarka-Expressway-land-from-BPTP-Ltd.html

This is part of BPTP’s larger monetization strategy through which it aims to settle all dues to foreign investors JP Morgan Chase and Co. and Apollo Global Management LLC. by March 2018.

If there are no buyers, then how will they sell. Buyers are not going to be buying for charity, but looking to make money on it. Surely they have deeper resources and more information than the general public, for making such huge investments. Same as the DLF GIC deal which most people here kept on saying will not be happening.

SPR also land parcels have been bought by Mumbai based developers.
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
  • No activity on this thread for last many days...anyone please comment on the progress...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    No activity on this thread for last many days...anyone please comment on the progress...
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Photos:
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments
    • Harmits1 months ago
      Thanks for the update
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Originally Posted by Harmits
    No activity on this thread for last many days...anyone please comment on the progress...
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Ha ha ha ha

The land acquisition is not yet complete yet eye wash by the gov by floating tender

it's always putting cart before the horse

nahi banega d eway abhi bahut time hai
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Ha ha ha ha

The land acquisition is not yet complete yet eye wash by the gov by floating tender

HUDA, through their actions, is working overtime, it seems, to prove your point right.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tiger1
    Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Ha ha ha ha

HUDA, through their actions, is working overtime, it seems, to prove your point right.
    Working for last 10 years and what is the result ?

going through a circle over and over again !!!!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    Originally Posted by Tiger1
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Ha ha ha ha

Rohit you just need to Wait for 15-20 years,Dew will turn into reality soon .Its a big project ,Need some time ,Cant be compared with any other part of NCR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by futuristic 7
    Originally Posted by Tiger1
    Delhi side Dewy Constrct
    Ha ha ha ha

Rohit you just need to Wait for 15-20 years,Dew will turn into reality soon .Its a big project ,Need some time ,Cant be compared with any other part of NCR.
    15-20 years come come , really tell the truth you mean 150 -200 years

please I mean we must not hide from the truth
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • Tiger129 days ago
      Does anybody know if Courts are going to give their verdict on DEW in the near future.
  • I am coming to take possession of my flat in Sector 109. I don't live in NCR so can friends in this forum advise me if it would be possible to live and commute from Sector 109?
    CommentQuote
    2 Comments
    • eyeopener29 days ago
      More than 10000 families are living in the sector 109 and 110 and near by areas.

I hope this answers your question.
  • Decision on NPR oustees’ issue after Diwali:
    The Punjab and Haryana high court will pronounce its final verdict on the NPR oustees on October 23

The Haryana urban development authority (Huda) said Punjab and Haryana high court will pronounce the final verdict on the issue concerning the NPR oustees after Diwali. The hearing on a plea filed by the evictees is complete and all eyes are now on the court.

The court will pronounce its judgment on October 23. It is hoped that the court judgment will pave the way for the resolution of the prickly issue that has been holding up construction of the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), also known as Dwarka Expressway, which is touted as Gurgaon’s lifeline.

The oustees, over time, have filed cases at multiple courts against the Huda, voicing displeasure over the compensation package in the event of acquisition of their lands for various road projects across the city.

The NPR, now under the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), is one of the major infrastructure projects of Gurgaon that has been mired in litigations for the last five years. A portion of road less than 2km is incomplete, as the oustees moved court against the Huda.

Yashpal Yadav, administrator Huda, said,“The authority has submitted its response to the special bench of the court hearing the matter. Now, the hearing s complete and the court has reserved its judgment. The bench will sit on October 23 and we expect a final decision in this case. It is hoped that a solution of the oustees’ issue will mark a breakthrough in litigation battles that are holding up NPR and other key road projects in the city.”

Earlier, on September 18, the high court had merged all cases of oustees whose lands were acquired by the Huda in Gurgaon for development of roads and sectors over the last five six years.

Read I Gurgaon: Jinxed Dwarka Expressway project hits fresh hurdle

According to a top Huda official, more than 1,000 oustees had moved high court seeking judicial intervention on various grounds.

Besides NPR, other road projects such as Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) and the Central Peripheral Road (CPR) projects all stuck in litigation delaying their completion.

According to Huda, oustees are liable for compensation only if they are bonafide land purchasers. This means that only the owners having the original land deed papers, as opposed to general or special power of attorney, will be considered for compensation. However, most of the oustees who moved courts are SPA and GPA holders.

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nauti9
    Decision on NPR oustees’ issue after Diwali:
    The Punjab and Haryana high court will pronounce its final verdict on the NPR oustees on October 23

The Haryana urban development authority (Huda) said Punjab and Haryana high court will pronounce the final verdict on the issue concerning the NPR oustees after Diwali. The hearing on a plea filed by the evictees is complete and all eyes are now on the court.

The court will pronounce its judgment on October 23. It is hoped that the court judgment will pave the way for the resolution of the prickly issue that has been holding up construction of the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), also known as Dwarka Expressway, which is touted as Gurgaon’s lifeline.

The oustees, over time, have filed cases at multiple courts against the Huda, voicing displeasure over the compensation package in the event of acquisition of their lands for various road projects across the city.

The NPR, now under the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), is one of the major infrastructure projects of Gurgaon that has been mired in litigations for the last five years. A portion of road less than 2km is incomplete, as the oustees moved court against the Huda.

Yashpal Yadav, administrator Huda, said,“The authority has submitted its response to the special bench of the court hearing the matter. Now, the hearing s complete and the court has reserved its judgment. The bench will sit on October 23 and we expect a final decision in this case. It is hoped that a solution of the oustees’ issue will mark a breakthrough in litigation battles that are holding up NPR and other key road projects in the city.”

Earlier, on September 18, the high court had merged all cases of oustees whose lands were acquired by the Huda in Gurgaon for development of roads and sectors over the last five six years.

Read I Gurgaon: Jinxed Dwarka Expressway project hits fresh hurdle

According to a top Huda official, more than 1,000 oustees had moved high court seeking judicial intervention on various grounds.

Besides NPR, other road projects such as Southern Peripheral Road (SPR) and the Central Peripheral Road (CPR) projects all stuck in litigation delaying their completion.

According to Huda, oustees are liable for compensation only if they are bonafide land purchasers. This means that only the owners having the original land deed papers, as opposed to general or special power of attorney, will be considered for compensation. However, most of the oustees who moved courts are SPA and GPA holders.

Eagerly awaiting the Court verdict. Hopefully, it is final at the level of PHHC.
    CommentQuote
    1 Comments