NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 2 days ago
21917 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Bala you are too conservative.

DEW prices are far too low. 3bhk at 5000 or so all inclusive is available in certain projects. Ready to move in or finished structure.

This is dead cheap. 1000 sf at 50 lakhs ?

Prices likely to jump 1000 psf in these cheaper options within 6 months of serious demolitions of kherki daula and palam vihar obstructions.

Equalisation of luxury prices of DEW with SPR and of affordable with NH8 projects is likely when DEW operational. Maybe 2 years. That is minimum 25% jump.

A slew of launches can be expected this Diwali in plots. Along with that the buzz will be back.

Those in the market to buy should pick up bargains quickly.

Those looking to sell should wait for 2 years.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
      Bala you are too conservative.

DEW prices are far too low. 3bhk at 5000 or so all inclusive is available in certain projects. Ready to move in or finished structure.

This is dead cheap. 1000 sf at 50 lakhs ?

Prices likely to jump 1000 psf in these cheaper options within 6 months of serious demolitions of kherki daula and palam vihar obstructions.

Equalisation of luxury prices of DEW with SPR and of affordable with NH8 projects is likely when DEW operational. Maybe 2 years. That is minimum 25% jump.

A slew of launches can be expected this Diwali in plots. Along with that the buzz will be back.

Those in the market to buy should pick up bargains quickly.

Those looking to sell should wait for 2 years.
      Venky - may god bless you. I wish what you say would come true. However I don't exude so much confidence in any of the NCR markets right now. Due to high inventory overhang. It is true that cheaper options will jump relatively higher (as a %) than high priced markets. The first good news will only be taken as a status quo breaker and sentiments may turn positive, further work executions may ease discount levels of builders and payment plans. Builders will do their best to leverage this situation and liquidate their stocks so there will be a pressure on prices. For the records prices may be artificially hyped by 500-1500 initially to show that the market has come out of the woods and going to skyrocket from here on, but the fundamentals are weak and soon the market will hit an equillibirum. Discounts will return and we will see that the secondary market prices will trace back a logical path. If the executions are fast, and civic infra comes quickly, then in 3 years I do see about 25%-40% (40% only in case of undervalued options ~5000).

In the 3-5 year horizon, if the market returns to its upwards cycle and social infra, transport, NPR metro and other things being developed - then I do see a substantial upward momentum in this area with another 25-30% rise. But there I see the luxury end-use market being the bigger beneficiary of that bull-run.

Comment

Could some one clearly state what exactly has happened that has turned all pessimists to change their negative thoughts over night?
        I am yet to get the clue. Could someone clearly explain.
        I am an optimist and always think of positivity but could not understand the sudden change of minds.

Regards
        PP Gupta

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
          Venky - may god bless you. I wish what you say would come true. However I don't exude so much confidence in any of the NCR markets right now. Due to high inventory overhang. It is true that cheaper options will jump relatively higher (as a %) than high priced markets. The first good news will only be taken as a status quo breaker and sentiments may turn positive, further work executions may ease discount levels of builders and payment plans. Builders will do their best to leverage this situation and liquidate their stocks so there will be a pressure on prices. For the records prices may be artificially hyped by 500-1500 initially to show that the market has come out of the woods and going to skyrocket from here on, but the fundamentals are weak and soon the market will hit an equillibirum. Discounts will return and we will see that the secondary market prices will trace back a logical path. If the executions are fast, and civic infra comes quickly, then in 3 years I do see about 25%-40% (40% only in case of undervalued options ~5000).

In the 3-5 year horizon, if the market returns to its upwards cycle and social infra, transport, NPR metro and other things being developed - then I do see a substantial upward momentum in this area with another 25-30% rise. But there I see the luxury end-use market being the bigger beneficiary of that bull-run.
          Hi bala.

While you might be right, please note that I was not talking about appreciation.

I was only talking about equalisation and playing catch up.

DEW is at lesser prices than NH8 for equivalent specification because of poor perceived connectivity due to DEW problem.

This discount will disappear once the connectivity problem gets solved. Catch up can happen even when market is stagnant. In fact I expect overall stagnation in Gurgaon for 2 more years.

But DEW ALONE will go up because of catch up effect.

The inventory in DEW is much lower than elsewhere i.e. SPR and NH8.

I drove on NH8 today. Traffic from 10 am and 1 pm return was fairly heavy. Once these sectors are inhabited, the NH8 will completely clog. The perceived better connectivity tag will switch to DEW instead.

Metro is not expected along DEW. Metro is mostly used by lower middle class. So ridership will be mainly from Old Gurgaon. I expect alignment to be going nearer to old gurgaon and udyog vihar because ridership will only come from them.

DEW is basically for car users and if metro comes it will be after 10 years.

Comment

Hi bala.

While you might be right, please note that I was not talking about appreciation.

DEW is at lesser prices than NH8 for equivalent specification because of poor perceived connectivity due to DEW problem.

This discount will disappear once the connectivity problem gets solved. Catch up can happen even when market is stagnant. In fact I expect overall stagnation in Gurgaon for 2 more years.

I drove on NH8 today. Traffic from 10 am and 1 pm return was fairly heavy. Once these sectors are inhabited, the NH8 will completely clog. The perceived better connectivity tag will switch to DEW instead.

Metro is not expected along DEW. Metro is mostly used by lower middle class. So ridership will be mainly from Old Gurgaon. I expect alignment to be going nearer to old gurgaon and udyog vihar because ridership will only come from them.

I am really surprised that you think that metro is mostly used by lower middle class.
            My boss an ultra hni uses metro everyday he comes to starting metro station on his bmw x6 rides metro to huda city centre there is another Merc wating for him.
            He says he saves 25 mins and jam each day.
            I have used metro for so long I park one bike at starting station and other at destination.
            I loved the hassle free ride.

Developed mentality use public transport for routine developing ones get stuck in show off.

Dakter saheb after reaching a certain level the beemar Merc VW only remain a tool of transport.

I am sure this post will be something to ponder.

Rohit

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
              I am really surprised that you think that metro is mostly used by lower middle class.
              My boss an ultra hni uses metro everyday he comes to starting metro station on his bmw x6 rides metro to huda city centre there is another Merc wating for him.
              He says he saves 25 mins and jam each day.
              I have used metro for so long I park one bike at starting station and other at destination.
              I loved the hassle free ride.

Developed mentality use public transport for routine developing ones get stuck in show off.

Dakter saheb after reaching a certain level the beemar Merc VW only remain a tool of transport.

I am sure this post will be something to ponder.

Rohit
              Thats valuable input. Thanks.

In my experience poor people use bus which is half cost of metro.

Metro is mainly used by girls and youngsters. Otherwise mostly it is used by those who can tolerate the crowd during peak hours which seems to be lower middle class. And people with maruti 800 Alto type of cars for whom petrol pinches.

Everybody uses metro regardless of social status in off peak hours. So a BMW guy using metro is an idiosyncracy. Most rich people have plenty of time and spend it on the back seat of their BMW (which is nowadays more of upper middle class - rich go with Jaguars and Bentleys).

People who have bike use only bike because its cheaper and gives last mile connectivity.

People who have santro to city level of cars rarely use metro and stay with their AC car.

Crowds on metro are really not comfortable. I stay 150 meters from a metro station but use it only for certain trips, mostly prefering car.

In my office 3 girls use metro. All the guys prefer bike except one guy lives next to malviya nagar and uses metro. Even those in Dilshad garden and Mayur vihar use bike.
              Last edited by Venkytalks; April 14 2015, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Thats valuable input. Thanks.

In my experience poor people use bus which is half cost of metro.

Metro is mainly used by girls and youngsters. Otherwise mostly it is used by those who can tolerate the crowd during peak hours which seems to be lower middle class. And people with maruti 800 Alto type of cars for whom petrol pinches.

Everybody uses metro regardless of social status in off peak hours. So a BMW guy using metro is an idiosyncracy. Most rich people have plenty of time and spend it on the back seat of their BMW (which is nowadays more of upper middle class - rich go with Jaguars and Bentleys).

People who have bike use only bike because its cheaper and gives last mile connectivity.

People who have santro to city level of cars rarely use metro and stay with their AC car.

Crowds on metro are really not comfortable. I stay 150 meters from a metro station but use it only for certain trips, mostly prefering car.

In my office 3 girls use metro. All the guys prefer bike except one guy lives next to malviya nagar and uses metro. Even those in Dilshad garden and Mayur vihar use bike.
                Dakter saheb x6 is NOT for upper middle class.. And these ultra hnis are busiest of the lot he has back to back meeting once he is in office and surprisingly he is one of the first to reach and last to leave.
                In ncr metro is safest and fastest way to travel and for last mile there are people who keep two bikes at the both stations.
                Yes agreed about the people using buses it stinks like public toilets but metro once you start using it you will love it.
                It used to take 1hr to reach my office near huda city centre from saket in my car but with two bikes and metro combination I used to save 20 mins and the bloody hassle of mg road mad traffic.
                Try it out.

By the way try using jag or bents in Delhi rush hr Koi santro wala thok jaayega.
                Rohit
                Last edited by rohit_warren; April 14 2015, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Hi bala.

why Rapid Metro is being extended towards Golf course Road? I am sure Golf course road residents are not Lower middle class.
                  Thanks

Comment

Guys I think concept of metro usage or car usage is wrong , I will not classify myself in any income category because there isn't any category where u can put people.

If my destinations is one point only and is accessible by metro , I prefer metro any time but if I have more than one destination I prefer car whether it is peak hour or not. It is all about money vs time. Some people use metro because it is cheaper and some use because it saves their time.

As far as income category is concerned , people who are GA resident ie grand arch which is at 12k now , mostly people will put them in upper middle class but I would say lower middle class because same people had bought it at 4000 in 2010 so can not classify based on location . Golf course road is mixture of all classes. Rapid metro has been extended because of population index and nothing else.. Once an area reached certain population then metro is decided . It is not decided on type of classes because of that was the case metro should never had a metro station called pitampura or greater kailash or saket

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
                      Dakter saheb x6 is NOT for upper middle class.. And these ultra hnis are busiest of the lot he has back to back meeting once he is in office and surprisingly he is one of the first to reach and last to leave.
                      In ncr metro is safest and fastest way to travel and for last mile there are people who keep two bikes at the both stations.
                      Yes agreed about the people using buses it stinks like public toilets but metro once you start using it you will love it.
                      It used to take 1hr to reach my office near huda city centre from saket in my car but with two bikes and metro combination I used to save 20 mins and the bloody hassle of mg road mad traffic.
                      Try it out.

By the way try using jag or bents in Delhi rush hr Koi santro wala thok jaayega.
                      Rohit
                      Sorry currently not in market for BMW. Dont have enough money. So dont know model numbers.

But many i know are driving the 30 to 40 lakhs worth BMWs and Audis.

Nobody i know self drives BMW. Its the drivers headache.

Saket metro becomes empty towards Gurgaon. 90% get down.

Try taking Saket to CP at same morning time. Then you will realise crowd. Only standing space is there.

I rent within walking distance of my workplace. 1 minute drive in my Santro in summer (to prevent sweating). 12 minute walk in winter.

Try that out.

Cookie the GCX metro extension will never clear ridership analysis. That is pipedream from builders and brokers. Metro makes money by running full. GCX SPR janta will be enough to fill 5% of metro even if all of them decide to use metro (which they wont).

Rapid metro Gurgaon was built by DLF, right? Doesnt it run mostly empty right now with infrequent trains? I have never used the Gurgaon metro but saw the empty station near Ambience mall.
                      Last edited by Venkytalks; April 15 2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X