Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 1 hour ago
21724 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Guys I think concept of metro usage or car usage is wrong , I will not classify myself in any income category because there isn't any category where u can put people.

If my destinations is one point only and is accessible by metro , I prefer metro any time but if I have more than one destination I prefer car whether it is peak hour or not. It is all about money vs time. Some people use metro because it is cheaper and some use because it saves their time.

As far as income category is concerned , people who are GA resident ie grand arch which is at 12k now , mostly people will put them in upper middle class but I would say lower middle class because same people had bought it at 4000 in 2010 so can not classify based on location . Golf course road is mixture of all classes. Rapid metro has been extended because of population index and nothing else.. Once an area reached certain population then metro is decided . It is not decided on type of classes because of that was the case metro should never had a metro station called pitampura or greater kailash or saket

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
      Dakter saheb x6 is NOT for upper middle class.. And these ultra hnis are busiest of the lot he has back to back meeting once he is in office and surprisingly he is one of the first to reach and last to leave.
      In ncr metro is safest and fastest way to travel and for last mile there are people who keep two bikes at the both stations.
      Yes agreed about the people using buses it stinks like public toilets but metro once you start using it you will love it.
      It used to take 1hr to reach my office near huda city centre from saket in my car but with two bikes and metro combination I used to save 20 mins and the bloody hassle of mg road mad traffic.
      Try it out.

By the way try using jag or bents in Delhi rush hr Koi santro wala thok jaayega.
      Rohit
      Sorry currently not in market for BMW. Dont have enough money. So dont know model numbers.

But many i know are driving the 30 to 40 lakhs worth BMWs and Audis.

Nobody i know self drives BMW. Its the drivers headache.

Saket metro becomes empty towards Gurgaon. 90% get down.

Try taking Saket to CP at same morning time. Then you will realise crowd. Only standing space is there.

I rent within walking distance of my workplace. 1 minute drive in my Santro in summer (to prevent sweating). 12 minute walk in winter.

Try that out.

Cookie the GCX metro extension will never clear ridership analysis. That is pipedream from builders and brokers. Metro makes money by running full. GCX SPR janta will be enough to fill 5% of metro even if all of them decide to use metro (which they wont).

Rapid metro Gurgaon was built by DLF, right? Doesnt it run mostly empty right now with infrequent trains? I have never used the Gurgaon metro but saw the empty station near Ambience mall.
      Last edited by Venkytalks; April 15 2015, 12:51 AM.
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
        Hi bala.

While you might be right, please note that I was not talking about appreciation.

I was only talking about equalisation and playing catch up.

DEW is at lesser prices than NH8 for equivalent specification because of poor perceived connectivity due to DEW problem.

This discount will disappear once the connectivity problem gets solved. Catch up can happen even when market is stagnant. In fact I expect overall stagnation in Gurgaon for 2 more years.

But DEW ALONE will go up because of catch up effect.

The inventory in DEW is much lower than elsewhere i.e. SPR and NH8.

I drove on NH8 today. Traffic from 10 am and 1 pm return was fairly heavy. Once these sectors are inhabited, the NH8 will completely clog. The perceived better connectivity tag will switch to DEW instead.

Metro is not expected along DEW. Metro is mostly used by lower middle class. So ridership will be mainly from Old Gurgaon. I expect alignment to be going nearer to old gurgaon and udyog vihar because ridership will only come from them.

DEW is basically for car users and if metro comes it will be after 10 years.
        Seems like we are both talking of the same thing. The undervalued pockets of NPR will go up and the fairly valued will stay that way. There isn't much overvaluation on NPR except in some prime sectors 111-113 or 109 etc. and here too I would say it pretty much stands corrected.

While NPR will rise a little to fill the gap the other Gurgaon areas GCX Sohna road etc will come down a little and bring a level playing field. From there on price movements will be on the merits of liveability and development score, as these areas would exit punter investor territory and go into enduser/long term investor domain.

My view is that this catchup effect would take 1-2 years as people will like to see ground movement and actual work rather than mere announcements. On a like to like comparison the difference is about 25-40% between NPR and GCX side. This would come down and equalise or may be the NPR may even pip that chart and gain a 10% advantage as those areas correct a little.

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
          Dakter saheb x6 is NOT for upper middle class.. And these ultra hnis are busiest of the lot he has back to back meeting once he is in office and surprisingly he is one of the first to reach and last to leave.
          In ncr metro is safest and fastest way to travel and for last mile there are people who keep two bikes at the both stations.
          Yes agreed about the people using buses it stinks like public toilets but metro once you start using it you will love it.
          It used to take 1hr to reach my office near huda city centre from saket in my car but with two bikes and metro combination I used to save 20 mins and the bloody hassle of mg road mad traffic.
          Try it out.

By the way try using jag or bents in Delhi rush hr Koi santro wala thok jaayega.
          Rohit

Rohit ji, your Ultra hni boss is an exception. He likes using Metro for whatever reasons but saving 20 or 30 minutes I feel would not be key amongst them. As in a driver driven comfortable car, the time can be utilised very well from relaxing to catching up on calls to even almost full fledged working as I am sure some of us who use drivers will be doing. Btw for purposes of daily commuting I use an DC modified innova (wifi and an table amongst other modifications) for this very reason.
          Last edited by ravika; April 15 2015, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Effect of metro would be visible only when phase 3 & 4 are fully developed with supplemental metros in NOIDA and Gurgaon with spec interchange. After the initial infrastructure phase up to phase 4, dmrc will concentrate on more last mile and increase of rolling stock and comfort and convenience issues. Remember metro is also under a pricing mechanism which does not allow it to be very flexible. They have to keep a certain Aam admi image to continue to attract govt allocations and public investments. But I really believe that with phase 4 expansions it will top the chart for all classes of commuters. The HNIs will continue with their fancy toys as they get better road space to flaunt their wealth. Everyone else who has even a 10% chance will use the metro.

I do believe that some form of metro connectivity will be available for NPR sectors due to DMIC push sooner than 6 years. Ridership would start coming in on the NPR apartments and feasibility is not a problem at all, as the planning is in-built in the NPR design. Old gurgaon will also get a metro line due to the ridership factor.
            Last edited by Bala2107; April 15 2015, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429064745.367122.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	394.0 KB
ID:	2255043

Looks like the action has begun !

Comment

Originally posted by sidkadan View Post
                [ATTACH]63325[/ATTACH]

Looks like the action has begun !
                The action by investors will be very fast and will get over before people realise and take advantage.

6 months is a short time in real estate (compared to 6 minutes in stock market only it is very long). But an investors market tends to rise fast. Remember 2010? Price increased every few days or weeks.

Those in the market to buy should at least do their ground work and research.

Comment

From noida forum

DEW is an extension of Dwarka and Gurgaon and South Delhi markets i.e. much richer people with better jobs with need for airport. It will reach plateau phase at much higher levels of 20000 psf after 15 year hold (adjust for inflation and depreciation)<br />
                  <br />
                  GNEW is more of middle class govt. servants types who initially populated mayur vihar and NOIDA main. Almost all flat specifications are lower than Gurgaon with a few exceptions. Expect a plateau phase at 10000 psf again adjusted for Rupee value.<br />
                  <br />
                  If purpose is pure long term investment then go with DEW. Both DEW and GNEW are available at same prices today.<br />
                  <br />
                  Oversupply in GNEW much worse than DEW. And much empty land still left.<br />
                  <br />
                  Oversupply in NOIDA as a whole also much worse than Gurgaon as a whole.<br />
                  <br />
                  Gurgaon is better and DEW is better - i have booked in both areas and follow both markets.<br/>

Comment

[quote name="Cookie" post=1302362]are we talking about greater noida and dwarka expressway sectors?<br />
                    <br />
                    DEW is no where 30 mins drive even after kapashera toll removal. <br />
                    Do you know how much time it takes to cross the toll at kheri daula? do you know the average speed you can drive on NH-8 from Delhi? nowhere you can reach Kheri toll in one hour from AIIMS. <br />
                    <br />
                    I dont know what time and what speed you drive but I can challenge it on facts. <br />
                    <br />
                    Why rates are same of DEW and GNEW despite having less over supply and airport in DEW ?<br />
                    <br />
                    now plz don't compare rent of greater noida with dwarka expressway sectors.[/QUOTE]<br />
                    <br />
                    No.<br />
                    <br />
                    Comparison is between sector 109 of DEW and Sector 93 region of NEW. Distance and time is same.<br />
                    <br />
                    Comparison is also between Vatika, 37D and 99 sectors of DEW and with Greater NOIDA. Distance and time is same.<br />
                    <br />
                    I have used AIIMS crossing because it is midway of ring road in south and within NDMC. Also i live quite close to it.<br />
                    <br />
                    Today i drove at 10 AM from AIIMS crossing to Kherki Daula. I reached Kapashera exit in about 20 minutes. On previous trips it had taken me 15 minutes from Kapashera exit to sector 110 via Bajghera or Bijwasan road. Once roads are better and flyovers come, it will take half hour with light traffic.<br />
                    <br />
                    It took me exactly 1 hour 5 minutes to reach Vatika post the Kherki toll.<br />
                    <br />
                    On Sunday i.e. two days ago I drove to Jaypee at 8.45 AM. Again from AIIMS crossing. I reached Kosmos in 25 minutes. With no traffic. With slightly more traffic like today at 10, it will take 30 to 35 minutes.<br />
                    <br />
                    On previous trips to Greater NOIDA it took one hour.<br />
                    <br />
                    I drive at 80 km per hour. Rarely touch 90. I was driving at 60 on NH8 because of traffic. I drove at 80 on DND day before yesterday.<br />
                    <br />
                    Rent for Vatika 2 bhk is around 12000 with around 4000 maintenance going for it. The guy i visited had told some such rate last time I asked - he is renting because Ramprastha not delivered.<br />
                    <br />
                    Cost of the Vatika flat is 75 lakhs. Cost of similar flat 2 Km away in Ramprastha is 50 lakhs. 25% price difference will be covered when DEW completes because equal location.<br />
                    <br />
                    Driving from closest point on DEW approaching NH8, which is in Sihi village, to the railway bridge via DEW today took me exactly 2 minutes including slowing and looking for traffic at Pataudi road.<br />
                    <br />
                    One of my main purpose for today and Sunday drives was to exactly time the travel.<br />
                    <br />
                    Just a zzzzipppp on DEW. no time.<br/>

Comment

hey,
                      venky & veterens, can we guesstimate the rates of the DEW projects on Delhi side (109 to 113) in 3 yrs time? My guess is a 30% appreciation max. Depending upon under/overvaluation resale bsp of some projects in 2017 end shld be:-
                      Puri (111)- now (8000);then (10500)
                      Tata (112)-now overvalued (10500);then 12500);
                      ATS (109)-now (6000);then 8000
                      Sobha- an end use product for HNI's;likely to see lukewarm resale appreciation
                      UR views pls
                      Last edited by pacman; April 15 2015, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X