NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 5 hours ago
21863 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
    Just sharing a promotional pamphlet I received from IIT alumuni body.

A total of 70,000 acres would be released in Delhi. Cost of 2 bhk from 25-45 lacs and all these areas would be 5 mins drive to Diplomatic Enclave, 3 mins to DEW, 10 mins drive to new AIIMS and 3 mins drive to Golf Course and Football stadium.

It is again a promotional pamphlet akin to Raheja piece, so I do not vouch for it's authenticity.
    JethroNull - I would be wary of these offers. FSI of Rs 1350/Sqft is absolutely mouthwatering but, you really don't know that for sure. DDA's policy is yet to be notified, they don't even know which piece of land will be given to the society (it can be anything within a 3KM radius of the pooled land and that makes a lot of difference to the offer. The charges and costs are not yet notified. DDA themselves have warned buyers beware of these kind of schemes. DDA has stated the timeframe for development @3-4 years which means that it will easily take 5-6 years actually. Even after that, building plan sanctions and paperwork for construction would take 1-2 years. So constructions can start only after 5-7 years, if all goes well. Today 2500/sqft you can't build a decent high rise. Imagine what you will be able to build after 5-7 years at that price. So the resulting product will be worse than a janata flat.

In my opinion a decent FSI (near the DEW or airport or Golf course or Dip Encl.) will be no less than 2500 per sq.ft.+ 4000 construction costs + 1500 (service taxes+vat+parking+club+EDC/IDC+others) + 1500 profit of developer = 9000 per sqft. this can only go up by 10-20% but not come down. Rs. 10,000/sqft in 2020-22 this will still be a cheaper option than DEW at that time and will therefore give a stiff competition to DEW, but if DEW manages to settle down as a good society then DEW will still have an early mover advantage.

There are many a slips between the cup and the lip.. this is hard learned knowledge..
    Last edited by Bala2107; June 22 2015, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
      I tend to agree with you. I think I mentioned in reply to some other post that there are all kinds of resale rates doing the rounds, but none make any sense unless a transaction happens at that price, otherwise its just a seller's demand. I am not so close to the market in the last 1 year since the market folded, but I just keep myself tuned to my brokers who call me from time to time with market news. It's possible that sales are not happening at these prices, but from what I gather, right now owners are holding on to these prices and not budging too much from there. It's possible that when a serious buyer approaches, they may come down by a few hundreds. I just dont know.

yes there is no hoopla around at the moment, but there was gloom and doom around this area till last month, which kind of looks getting cleared. So that extent, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. But work is slow, market is weak. No doubts about it. But I tend to keep that as a fundamental. the markets did outdo themselves in the past 3-4 years and this lull was expected. no real harm in a technical correction of sorts. It will only let a healthy demand build up, based on real end users as opposed to punters and flippers that crowded the market a couple of years ago.

Infact I would blame the flippers, for this asset price bubble which was not based on any ground level infrastructure development. They just wanted to make money and run. they were not really bothered about the real worth of the underlying asset. Now with end users in the game, properties that really deliver on quality, maintenance, infra and social amenities will dominate the show. This is a big positive that has happened to the RE market. You just can't launch/pre-launch or pre-pre-launch anything and get sold out in hours and then book again at a 40% premium to your last release. those days were insane. In a way I am happy about this correction, although I too lose in that deal but being a long term investor, I am not bothered about short term changes in the market.

I think, in DEW historically, (if you take the base year at 2010-11 when most projects were launched) the growth has been phenomenal. Returns have been very good. Average launch prices had been around 3000- which are now selling at around 5000+, payments of around 90-100% have gone into these projects over the last 5 years. People who have booked out have also make a killing. Gurgaon especially DEW had been a flipper's paradise. They have all made 100-200% returns during the hay days. But that is expected in any asset class, if you are lucky to enter at the right time and exit at a right time.

DEW will be a good long term play. give it another 4-5 years and see the change. Of Course, the govt. actions and development is a big variable. Growth from here is absolutely conditional upon actual development. But if DEW comes up soon enough with both sides connectivity, social infra will start following up. Schools, malls and markets are easy (as these are market driven). Public transport, security, power, water, sewerage etc. which are public utilities are my main concerns. Because the govt is involved in these. In one of my post earlier, I had written about my timeframe for these. 3-4 years should see these through and in my opinion by 2020 good 109/111 properties should be quoting at least 30-40% above today's pricing. Some projects which are undervalued (sub 5000) today may even show a 40-50% jump.

Yes, there is no problem in people celebrating the recent developments which is a good news after a long uncertainty, but the next level of partying should be only when the DEW becomes operational. Till then its just a wait and watch game.
      Agree Bala.

I want to reiterate what many have been saying for last 6 months. MIG flats in DEW are a valuw buy.

Prices in real estate tend to jump suddenly. While investors take advantage of momwntum end users tend to miss the bus.

Prices have bottomed. It is a good time to buy MIG flats in DEW. It is the only location where prices are lower than fair value.

Those who listen to doom and gloom posts are likely to wait too long and miss the last bus in the present cycle.

Resale flats take lot of time to buy. This is not booking - deals are difficult and time consuming.

This is the right time to buy resale value deals in MIG in NH8 near KD and in DEW.

Buy low is first principle of buying and investing.
      Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

Comment

DEW is going no where for at lest 3-5 years so no point investing in this JUNGLE for at lest 2-3 years.

in next 3-5 years builders will complete their projects & as we all know how gurgoan works in terms of infrastructure, when builders will start giving possession, infrastructure work will begin & after that commercials will start pouring in.

so DEW THE JUNGLE is a LONGGGGGGG term i.e at lest 10 years bet so if u want to invest, there are other areas in NCR which are habituated with basic infrastructure with more chances of appreciation also u will save RENT + IMEI buy there and sell it after 2-3 years & invest in DEW as u will find similar prices what they are NOW

Don't go by investor/broker comments THIS/THAT/BLAH BLAH appreciation will happen in THIS/THAT/BLAH BLAH time as they are saying same thing since last 6-7 years.

Market is already DULL & no chance of recovery so JUNGLES like DEW will not see light for LONG.
        Last edited by khurafati; June 23 2015, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by khurafati View Post
          DEW is going no where for at lest 3-5 years so no point investing in this JUNGLE for at lest 2-3 years.

in next 3-5 years builders will complete their projects & as we all know how gurgoan works in terms of infrastructure, when builders will start giving possession, infrastructure work will begin & after that commercials will start pouring in.

so DEW THE JUNGLE is a LONGGGGGGG term i.e at lest 10 years bet so if u want to invest, there are other areas in NCR which are habituated with basic infrastructure with more chances of appreciation also u will save RENT + IMEI buy there and sell it after 2-3 years & invest in DEW as u will find similar prices what they are NOW

Don't go by investor/broker comments THIS/THAT/BLAH BLAH appreciation will happen in THIS/THAT/BLAH BLAH time as they are saying same thing since last 6-7 years.

Market is already DULL & no chance of recovery so JUNGLES like DEW will not see light for LONG.
          with a pseduo name 'khurafati' and post like above (with only 2 posts to credit).. wondering what's the motive of joining IREF and post here!

Comment

Another Dew lover sir, on very first post. BLAH BLAH and BLAH.

Comment

Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
              The metro is coming later, only by 2015 or so. It will run parallel to the expressway. It will surely come.
              Originally posted by SilentObserv View Post
              with a pseduo name 'khurafati' and post like above (with only 2 posts to credit).. wondering what's the motive of joining IREF and post here!
              Ah! so 'NAME' & 'NO OF POSTS' is the only counter left among LOVERS of DEW.

Rather then worrying about my MOTIVE, educate people what were the motive of CHEERLEADERS of dew who are senior/veteran members with 1000's of posts to their credit when they were clamming prices to be double//triple in couple of years time.

100's of posts/replies of 'SENIOR/VETERAN' members in different threads years back clamming ATS project to reach 10k & puri diplomatic greens to touch 15k were with what MOTIVE?

People who had invested in PROJECTS like heartsong/greenopolis etc sitting on losses even after so many years.

On the very first page of this thread itself a VETERAN MEMBER with 6500 posts assessing metro to be operational by 2015? were that posts done with any MOTIVE?

2015 is here where is METRO? So called DEW isnt even completely free of litigation leave aside it to be build,operational & metro running parallel to it.NO BUYER for puri's & ATS at 7k & 5k levels and same people here selling their same old ridiculous dreams

- 6 months mai YE ho jayega & itna APPRECIATION ho jayega
              - 12 month mai WO ho jayega & itna RETURNS milenge.
              - 2 saal mai DEW ban jayega aur prices double ho jayenge.

SAME OLD BULLSHIT which they are propagating since last 7 years & if my POST was with any MOTIVE then all these people who are TOM TOMING about DEW since last 7 years & are proven wrong in all their assessment might be BROKERS/LOBBYING FOR BUILDERS/INVESTORS stuck with their investments.

Comment

Originally posted by khurafati View Post
                Ah! so 'NAME' & 'NO OF POSTS' is the only counter left among LOVERS of DEW.

Rather then worrying about my MOTIVE, educate people what were the motive of CHEERLEADERS of dew who are senior/veteran members with 1000's of posts to their credit when they were clamming prices to be double//triple in couple of years time.

100's of posts/replies of 'SENIOR/VETERAN' members in different threads years back clamming ATS project to reach 10k & puri diplomatic greens to touch 15k were with what MOTIVE?

People who had invested in PROJECTS like heartsong/greenopolis etc sitting on losses even after so many years.

On the very first page of this thread itself a VETERAN MEMBER with 6500 posts assessing metro to be operational by 2015? were that posts done with any MOTIVE?

2015 is here where is METRO? So called DEW isnt even completely free of litigation leave aside it to be build,operational & metro running parallel to it.NO BUYER for puri's & ATS at 7k & 5k levels and same people here selling their same old ridiculous dreams

- 6 months mai YE ho jayega & itna APPRECIATION ho jayega
                - 12 month mai WO ho jayega & itna RETURNS milenge.
                - 2 saal mai DEW ban jayega aur prices double ho jayenge.

SAME OLD BULLSHIT which they are propagating since last 7 years & if my POST was with any MOTIVE then all these people who are TOM TOMING about DEW since last 7 years & are proven wrong in all their assessment might be BROKERS/LOBBYING FOR BUILDERS/INVESTORS stuck with their investments.
                Khurafatiji - I dont want to address the other points of mud slinging here, but you have made some important points that can be discussed.

Yes, In 2009, many believed that metro would be coming here, but no, Metro hasn't materialised yet. DEW was supposed to be ready in 2010, but as we know it's still in the works. Litigation in this misplaced democracy is a bane. Vote bank politics and builder lobbies, govt. acts like a mafia, judiciary has double, triple standards. Nobody has a common minimum programme that has the development of the country in their vision. 5 years of UPA from 2009 has maintained the stalemate both from the Centre and the State. Nothing had moved in Gurgaon in 5 years, except the builder lobbies, black money launderers, property flippers, punters and speculators who have unreasonably hyped RE market. So projections of many people fell flat. We cant do anything about it. We make many decisions in life based on certain calculations and they often turn over the other way. If we all knew what is the right time for everything, then none of us will be writing on blogs here.

If the DEW had come in 2010, metro would have either come by now or work would be underway. So there need to be no Motive behind people expecting development in a area based on confirmed announcements from the government and approved master plan documents.

People have doubled or tripled their money in the last 3-4 years on DEW. I personally know many people who have made over 500% gains on their investments. if you had entered a good project at the right time, and exited before the market downturn started, you have already doubled or tripled your money. You can do your math with any project at launch price (between 2009-2012) and exited by mid 2013. If you have not exited then you should hold your bets for a longer term for the market cyclicals to reverse. But this is not peculiar for DEW, infact most other micro-markets in the country during this time frame will fall under the same bracket.

As investors or just plain human beings, we make our bets in life, some turn out right and some don't, and some are super exceptionally good or bad in a given timeframe. There are very few bets that we make that are always right or always wrong. The entire RE sector is in a slump and might be the same way for the next 2 years. So, if projections had gone awry its the same for the entire region and the entire country, not just for DEW. Pls. put your honesty hat and evaluate the other region of NCR that you have referred in your post and if possible give us some glimpse of your super right calculations. May be you are right, then congratulations to you on your right choice, but I have never seen a winner mocking at others.

If I bet my income and efforts and emotions on my child becoming some big guy in future, I neither do it with a motive nor do it feeling stuck with the child. This is how end users feel about their investments and promoters about their companies. speculators and Punters on the other hand only think about the next exit, news or sentiment where they can make money and flee. There are different fundamentals for long term investors and speculators. There may be situations where one may look like a fool, but given the right timeframe and discipline, there is more chances that the LT investors makes more money than the speculator.

Your intentions may be right in guiding would-be investors to be cautious, but the route you have taken in trying to establish a case for that, could have been better.

P.S. I dont believe that we need 100s or 1000s of posts and tags like senior/veteran to make a good point. All you need is the right intention and intellect.
                Last edited by Bala2107; June 23 2015, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Guys for metro on paper , there has to be a minimum population in the area, forget about metro atleast for 3 years and then 3 years to be actually built .. Yes if few had operational still metro would not have come till now because it needs a min population to cater so that plan can be approved .. It has nothing to do with the area , it's basic requirement is habitation which is 3-4 years away so no metro running till 2021 ; GCX has a proposed metro line but no work started because of no population yet

Comment

Sir - You are absolutely right about the passenger numbers for the metro. But lets look at it like this. If DEW been operational, from 2010, a huge number of projects would have been delivered, commercials put in place and huge number of people would have moved in into the area in the last 4 years. Thats the reason why I would say, that if the DEW had come in, Metro would have at least started their leg work, if not operational. But yes you are right, I dont personally see th metro operational within next 5 years. If DEW comes in 2 years, Metro may get approved as people start moving into the area. Looking at the apartments on the DEW, numbers are likely to be big and also there is a lot of builder politico lobby which will bat for the metro. So pressure will be good for the metro to come within about 3-4 years of the DEW becoming operational.

For eg. lets take the Noida - Gr. Noida NMRC metro beyond sector 70 (which is anyway part of the DMRC network) the crowds are thin, but the potential for the passengers upto Pari chowk is the big mover and the Govt. push to demonstrate accessibility of NCR areas is a big mover. But if the projects are PPP, then definitely we will not see metro until passenger numbers are visible and committed.
                    Last edited by Bala2107; June 23 2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Khalsa Ji

Why dont you comment on new members with 1 or 2 posts extol DEW and post on how their friends are buying? New member should not have an opinion or are they aliases??

Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
                      Another Dew lover sir, on very first post. BLAH BLAH and BLAH.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X