21872 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Sir

This is for your reading.

Global tech spending set to drop 5.5% in 2015: Gartner - The Economic Times

I wait for your confirmation on Infosys setting up a new facility in Gurgaon. It would be great news. Infact, it would be great if you could share plans of other IT company wanting to setup shop in Gurgaon.

Originally posted by samsekh View Post
    IT is still up and running, if IT is dead or slow down real estate market will go into recession and crash badly.
    To let you all know that IT is growing and there is a strong movement across companies due to huge demand line up. Every weekend there are drives going in IT companies.. Q1 2016 results will show the growth..

I will soon share with you the Gurgaon Infosys address as I get the updates.

Comment

Jethro - I am not saying that Tech is immune to any economic shocks, but the news of 5.5% drop ($ terms) is attributable to currency movements and renegotiations and not demand side movement. We will have to see it in the right context. We have turmoil in Europe, that can also have a ripple effect, so there can be a demand slowdown as well. However we should now also start looking at our IT/service industry as also inwards facing. Our digital india campaign is going to add 450,000 crores to the kitty. So if export is sluggish to a bit, domestic orders would come handy to the industry.

Pls. dont mistake as saying that our IT industry can sustain the volumes, margins and growth by domestic orders alone, but seen as a package, domestic IT spending is set to grow very heavily following e-governance initiatives and mobile penetration etc. Also due to a strong dollar realizations are robust in rupee terms.

But yes, I would also like to know if there are any big movements in Gurgaon on the IT scape.
      Last edited by Bala2107; July 2 2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

If airport at jewar or anywhere in UP becomes a reality d eway will be the biggest flop.
        All those are projecting 20+ irr % should factor in these kind of shocking risks.

Comment

Rohit ji - Airport in Jewar or elsewhere would not mean that IGI would be closed down. Also any other airport is another 8 years down the line and IGI would also continue to grow in the meantime, making the neighborhood more relevant. DMIC is also touching DEW and gurgaon, so that's not going away because of Jewar.

We need more infra in this country, but that doesn't really mean that one infra will make the others irrelevant. DEW RE is not or rather should not be dependent on an international Airport. Its one of the USP's for that area, that too this works only in India. Eventually living near an airport should no longer be a premium.

i would imagine that in about 5 years when DEW becomes a force to reckon with in the NCR, income levels, lifestyle changes and urbanization would help create more demand for urban housing and infrastructure projects like DMIC, TOD projects in Dwarka, and large FDI projects in Gurgaon make the DEW micro-market strong enough internally that its able to sustain its own place in the RE map of Gurgaon and also support Lzone and other further developments in SPR and NH8.

Another interesting fact is that we don't need all the good things to happen only in DEW for the RE market there to prosper, as long as it provides good quality of life at a relatively reasonable price and good transport facilities to others economic centers of south Delhi and Gurgaon, it should be able to sustain a healthy growth in the RE space.

i am very much in favour of another airport coming in Jewar to share the growing burden of aviation hubs and to create more capacity so that pricing can be kept benign and spur demand. This is like fearing that New Delhi station will lose its business if Anand Vihar is developed. I think there is space for enough and more in our country.

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
            Rohit ji - Airport in Jewar or elsewhere would not mean that IGI would be closed down. Also any other airport is another 8 years down the line and IGI would also continue to grow in the meantime, making the neighborhood more relevant. DMIC is also touching DEW and gurgaon, so that's not going away because of Jewar.

We need more infra in this country, but that doesn't really mean that one infra will make the others irrelevant. DEW RE is not or rather should not be dependent on an international Airport. Its one of the USP's for that area, that too this works only in India. Eventually living near an airport should no longer be a premium.

i would imagine that in about 5 years when DEW becomes a force to reckon with in the NCR, income levels, lifestyle changes and urbanization would help create more demand for urban housing and infrastructure projects like DMIC, TOD projects in Dwarka, and large FDI projects in Gurgaon make the DEW micro-market strong enough internally that its able to sustain its own place in the RE map of Gurgaon and also support Lzone and other further developments in SPR and NH8.

Another interesting fact is that we don't need all the good things to happen only in DEW for the RE market there to prosper, as long as it provides good quality of life at a relatively reasonable price and good transport facilities to others economic centers of south Delhi and Gurgaon, it should be able to sustain a healthy growth in the RE space.

i am very much in favour of another airport coming in Jewar to share the growing burden of aviation hubs and to create more capacity so that pricing can be kept benign and spur demand. This is like fearing that New Delhi station will lose its business if Anand Vihar is developed. I think there is space for enough and more in our country.
            Dmic touching d eway?
            From where?

Airport just one usp - okay
            How about another the proximity to diplomatic enclave - that too is in limbo
            Another usp - connectivity to nh8 - well we all know how that is and the ground reality of that road.
            What else?
            At present zero infrastructure - people stuck in no where for 6 plus years paying rent and emi.

It's just media hype and nothing else

Comment

Rohit ji _ I cant believe that you really mean that. I never said DMIC is touching DEWAY in a literal sense. I used it as a metaphor. You are talking about actual alignment and I am talking about influence, projects that are spawned to cater to the DMIC. Pls. see their website and you will know what I am talking about. There are many ways in which Gurgaon, Dwarka, NH8, Deway will play a crucial role in the DMIC project. For eg. The Manesar Bawal industrial region is to be connected by an MRTS corridor which is passing right on the DEW, whether we like it or not! See picture attached from the DMIDC's official presentation. Also a convention centre and cargo complex is planned in Dwarka as a part of the Airport/Manesar Corrdior, this is a DMIC funded project.

Proximity to Diplomatic enclave - We also read the same newspapers and I think I have read that a diplomatic enclave is coming there. Now if you do have a contrary opinion on that, its fine. I have nothing to say

Connectivity to NH8, Zero infrastructure - yes you are right, at present what you say is absolutely true. In this country successive govts and courts have failed the common man and this is an outstanding example of that. The master plans are there, approval are there but still its not getting completed. But yes, right now the NH8 connectivity and social infra on the DEW is slightly better placed than Jewar getting an airport. so my reply should be taken in that context. Look at the status of Faridabad and the bypass etc they are supposed to make. Look at SPR and KMP bypasses, We know that how political vote bank games have destroyed this country. This has nothing to do with DEWAY in particular.

Media hype - It may be your opinion and you are entitled to that. I would have agreed if I had not seen the real movements on ground and various official documents. BTW, there is a special documentary on NDTV profit this saturday at 9 am. pls. do watch it.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bala2107; July 2 2015, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Tomorrow HON'BLE Judges will give prouncement of there RESERVED verdict on KD, side. Hope this will end of litigation.

03-JUL-2015 PROUNCEMENT: HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE SATISH KUMAR MITTAL; HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE HARINDER SINGH SIDHU

Comment

ultichakri,
                  What update you have on above post.

Comment

What is the progress on proposed flyover at hero honda chowk? Does any member have any update on the issue. Thanx

Comment

Bala

My post wasn't even for you. It was to point out some real naive posts by members.

I have no doubt on our PM's initiatives and what wonders it would do for the economy. He is our only hope.

But, I doubt (hardcore) tech firms setting up shop in Gurgaon in general. But that's just my belief.

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
                      Jethro - I am not saying that Tech is immune to any economic shocks, but the news of 5.5% drop ($ terms) is attributable to currency movements and renegotiations and not demand side movement. We will have to see it in the right context. We have turmoil in Europe, that can also have a ripple effect, so there can be a demand slowdown as well. However we should now also start looking at our IT/service industry as also inwards facing. Our digital india campaign is going to add 450,000 crores to the kitty. So if export is sluggish to a bit, domestic orders would come handy to the industry.

Pls. dont mistake as saying that our IT industry can sustain the volumes, margins and growth by domestic orders alone, but seen as a package, domestic IT spending is set to grow very heavily following e-governance initiatives and mobile penetration etc. Also due to a strong dollar realizations are robust in rupee terms.

But yes, I would also like to know if there are any big movements in Gurgaon on the IT scape.
                      Last edited by JethroNull; July 2 2015, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X