Last updated: 23 hours ago
21871 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
    thank you for the insight Ultiji.

It is possible that the litigants are posturing to negotiate a better deal than what has been offered in court. However the fact that the case is dismissed weakens their negotiating position. Also the stays stand vacated unless another interim one is awarded till the litigants go for either a revision, or prefer an appeal.

The fact that DTCP/Haryana says that they are ready to negotiate out of court, also says that haryana is keen to put an end to this litigation and move on. They say that they have a package.

So both the parties are holding on to their weak positions and posturing as if they are in a strong wicket. Litigants have to give up the land (the question is not "if" it only "when"). Haryana has to give the compensation and rehabilitation (the question is not "any" its "how much more"), the road completion of 15.5 kms and the fact that NPV people have given in, greatly weakens the KD folks, the land acquisition bill hanging fire in parliament and the fact that they have already agreed to a better deal demonstrates haryana's desperation to resolve it. so the litigants are pressing on for better. They will test the limits of the state and keep the court options open and never close it sooner, unless there is an influential "middleman" who can mediate between govt. and the "hurdles". This is very usual. In my case where my land was acquired for the East coast road (ECR) outside of Chennai, we had some very influential people backing us and helping us get a good rate. We held out as much as possible although we knew the ultimate outcome, its only seeking a better deal that each one of us do whether its buing veggies or buying a car... immaterial..

Lets hope that negotiations happen soon and they all wrap up, in the larger interest of the investors and residents and the commuters.
    Stay remains for next 90 days providing time to file the case in apex court if any party wish. I have already informed that few property owners (exactly 3 nos) of KD has already claimed for compensation as agreed with NPV outsees. But still their are good 150 people remains (few another also), I am closely watching over the developments, two days back I got to know that they might filed for review application and now they seems to change the mind and instead may go to SC.

I can't comment right now, who gets favor since the situation and influence in HC and SC is different, there are lot of loopholes made by past govt. which overlooked. Lets wait and watch....
    Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

If they think a larger bench will yield to their point of View over the state's perspective, then they will prefer the review. In this process they may also vex the haryana government and force them to come with better deals due to public sentiment and builder lobby. The litigants may use that to their advantage. But on the other hand if they think that PHHC review will not yield any better result than asking the state to sit once again with them and come to an amicable settlement (which is not happening obviously) then they have recourse in appeal and SC.

SC will certainly be conclusive and state influence of haryana will be Zero. But also the litigants will have to watch-out as SC themselves are very proactively prodding governments to complete big road and infra projects which are sitting idle due to litigation and lately they have not been benign with vexatious litigation.

The KD folks are not FARMERS, so they don't have that empathetic appeal. SC has already been critical of flouting land use norms. The only case that they can bring out in HC has erred in a matter of law or the decision violates their constitutional right, both of which can be true and entertained. But they will ensure that there is no way they can get a better deal from the state before the go to the apex body and this may bring the state to a "I will stick to policy" kind of a reaction, and withdrawing from the negotiation.

Either ways it will be good to watch this over in the next 3 months, its better that a conclusive remedy is reached rather than consensual as the former brings a precedent and establishes a rule of law. (although at our costs... )
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bala2107; July 7 2015, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Yesterday Visited Bijwasan ROB,,
        Black carpeting already done From one End...Underpass is being used and Two wheeler have already started Commuting From one side of ROB.
        Don't know why Delhi Govt /MCD Officials Still Waiting To open this ROB.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bala Ji,
          You saw what SC gave judgement in noida in favor of builder and end user. Same fate will happen here if it reach that stage.

Comment

Sunnyj,
            Did you went other side of ROB by KD. What is update on it.

Comment

Thanks for the update SunnyJ.
              Khalsaji - I really doubt if SC will find the HC directions frivolous on the road alignment. If alignment was bad in intent and in procedure, then HC was powerful enough to overturn it and ask them to change the alignment. You can see what Allahabad HC is doing with Noida and GN authorities. So I assume it would boil down to the compensation only. They may award a little higher, if they think appropriate or dismiss the appeal. Buts there is no point speculating the judiciary. Its a wait and watch game.

Also just to update you, Sunny is talking about Bijwasan ROB and not the Basai ROB, Bijwasan ROB is under construction for almost 6 years now and had been embroiled in many issues including bad engineering and faulty construction. So the MCD was disputing contractor payments and contractor was not completing the work. I think the matter is in some court now. But i am not sure, thats the reason for the delay in opening.

3 months time for KD folks to decide, 3 months time for NPV folks to get their plots. 3 months time for the Govt. to get the land bill matter negotiated in the parliament. lets see what else does these 3 months hold for us.... While Arvind Kejriwal is busy with his referendum on delhi state hood, I suspect anything much will happen on the dwarka side. I think the stars are aligning for dwarka expressway only after Jan 2016. Hopefully many things gets cleared in the meantime.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bala2107; July 7 2015, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
                Sunnyj,
                Did you went other side of ROB by KD. What is update on it.
                Khalsa ji SSA,
                If we Talk about Bijwasan ROB ,Its Starts from Bijwasan Village (Towards Kapashera)
                And Ends At Dwarka Sector 27, That Road Leads Till Sultan Farms/Najjafgarh Drain, Chhawla.
                I have already Visited The other End (Bijwasan Village Side) in the month of May this year and have already posts few pics in this thread.
                That side Black Top is still pending.
                But i hope this rob will start soon and will give us smooth connectivity till 10x sectors
                Last edited by illusionist13; July 7 2015, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyj View Post
                  Khalsa ji SSA,
                  If we Talk about Bijwasan ROB ,Its Starts from Bijwasan Village (Towards Kapashera)
                  And Ends At Dwarka Sector 27, That Road Leads Till Sultan Farms/Najjafgarh Drain, Chhawla.
                  I have already Visited The other End (Bijwasan Village Side) in the month of May this year and have already posts few pics in this thread.
                  That side Black Top is still pending.
                  But i hope this rob will start soon and will give us smooth connectivity till 10x sectors
                  Sunnyj,
                  S S Akal Ji,
                  Sorry I mean other side was sec 99 Rob,it's long time haven't see any updated pic.
                  Thx

Comment

I also hear that some Property owners r planning to go to the SC, but it is not certain yet, i think opinions r divided on it .

I hope that these guys settle with what they have got and let things move for NPR in the right direction .

Originally posted by ultichakri View Post
                    Stay remains for next 90 days providing time to file the case in apex court if any party wish. I have already informed that few property owners (exactly 3 nos) of KD has already claimed for compensation as agreed with NPV outsees. But still their are good 150 people remains (few another also), I am closely watching over the developments, two days back I got to know that they might filed for review application and now they seems to change the mind and instead may go to SC.

I can't comment right now, who gets favor since the situation and influence in HC and SC is different, there are lot of loopholes made by past govt. which overlooked. Lets wait and watch....
                    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Hope Indian Judiciary learns to differentiate between GRIEVANCE and GREED.

DEMOCRACY gives people FREEDOM.

To Block the development as well.

Greater COMMON GOOD, the Guiding principle of any Democracy is conveniently forgotten.
                      Last edited by illusionist13; July 7 2015, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X