Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 7 hours ago
21721 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

    Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
    CM has asked to Explore new routes, which should be NPR and it will be cost friendly also.
    Natural extension of airport line is along NH8 to Manesar.

    Natural extension of blue line is along NPR. This will be low cost because land already acquired. It will still connect Bijwasan and NPV but then Choma Daulatabad old railway Dhankaur Sihi KD which are all thickly populated by poor people who will use it heavily. It will be financially viable.
    Last edited by illusionist13; July 16 2015, 12:36 PM.
    Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

    Comment


    • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

      But according to the article, blue line has been rejected by Haryana Govt. in April 2015.

      Also, isnt metro along the NPR in Gurgaon masterplan 2025? I remember seeing metro markings on both SPR and NPR in the map.

      Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
      Natural extension of airport line is along NH8 to Manesar.

      Natural extension of blue line is along NPR. This will be low cost because land already acquired. It will still connect Bijwasan and NPV.
      Last edited by JethroNull; July 15 2015, 07:26 PM.

      Comment


      • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

        Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
        But according to the article, blue line has been rejected by Haryana Govt. in April 2015.

        Also, isnt metro along the NPR in Gurgaon masterplan 2025? I remember seeing metro markings on both SPR and NPR in the map.
        Blue line running thru old gurgaon and in between NPR and NH8 touching maruti and udyog vihar is ruled out. It required acquisition of land in old gurgaon.

        It meant metro snaking between the existing buildings and densely populated unauthorised colonies or abadi tenements.

        It is good for connecting poor people.

        Rich people use car.
        Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

        Comment


        • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

          So essentially Haryana govt. has opted to look for a new route which could and in all probability be NPR?

          That's a great, logical and development oriented attitude by the Govt.

          But to my original question. wasn't metro supposed to be running along NPR in the first place. I mean that was the base assumption.



          Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
          Blue line running thru old gurgaon and in between NPR and NH8 touching maruti and udyog vihar is ruled out. It required acquisition of land in old gurgaon.

          It meant metro snaking between the existing buildings and densely populated unauthorised colonies or abadi tenements.

          It is good for connecting poor people.

          Rich people use car.

          Comment


          • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

            Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
            So essentially Haryana govt. has opted to look for a new route which could and in all probability be NPR?

            That's a great, logical and development oriented attitude by the Govt.

            But to my original question. wasn't metro supposed to be running along NPR in the first place. I mean that was the base assumption.
            Metro works when it passes thru dense population.

            NPR has maybe one fourth of the population which the blue line extension to IFFCO Chowk alignment would have covered. Also Udyog Vihar has huge working population who currently commute by tempo and sumo. Metro would have been a big hit.

            NPR alignment doesn't cover Udyog Vihar.
            Last edited by illusionist13; July 16 2015, 12:36 PM.
            Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

            Comment


            • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

              D'ont forget rapid metro phase 3 connectivity would be to Udyog Vihar.

              Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
              Metro works when it passes thru dense population.

              NPR has maybe one fourth of the population which the blue line extension to IFFCO Chowk alignment would have covered. Also Udyog Vihar has huge working population who currently commute by tempo and sumo. Metro would have been a big hit.

              NPR alognment doesnt cover Udyog Vihar.
              Last edited by illusionist13; July 16 2015, 12:38 PM.

              Comment


              • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
                D'ont forget rapid metro phase 3 connectivity would be to Udyog Vihar.
                Exactly.

                Just make rapid metro loop through udyog vihar to touch one station in Metro along NPR and problem is solved.

                You have IFFCO Chowk metro to NPR metro connection also possible thru rapid metro
                Last edited by illusionist13; July 16 2015, 12:39 PM.
                Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

                Comment


                • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                  No No guys - sorry to be a spoiler here. NPR metro will never be made by DMRc, its Haryana's baby. The tussle has been going on for 2 years now. The original proposal from metro was sent to haryana in 2012, at that time RWAs from old haryana sectors 1-33 objected saying that its not benefitting them. Due to popular pressure Govt. just kept scuttling around with DMRC. DMRC was not interested in going into thickly populated parts of gurgaon, due to feasibility and financial reasons. so in essence the new proposal would be Huda city centre via sector 33 and old gurgaon and maruti, sector 23 and then bijwasan and sector 21 dwarka. this is also supported by the Rao narbir singh. the MP from Gurgaon. But metro apparently has problems with this alignment. They are saying that this route would cater to the maximum number of people and the heart of gurgaon.

                  The NPR metro is a actually an MRTS line that is part of the DMIC project from airport to Manesar and may be upto bhiwadi. But that may take time actually till 2025 to materialise.

                  Metro from Gurgaon railway stn to Huda City Centre proposed this is in Feb 2015.
                  State wants more metro links

                  Delhi Metro this was in early 2014
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                  • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                    Mahindra Aura in 110 A may be a good choice. It is the only project which is ready for possession and more than 100 families are already residing there. It is not dependent on DEW and is well connected already with Palam Vihar and has all the amenities.

                    Comment


                    • Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

                      Thanks Rajat. But am not looking for a RTM property but something under construction. What's your opinion on Sector 109 vis-a-vis Sector 102.


                      Originally posted by Rajat44 View Post
                      Mahindra Aura in 110 A may be a good choice. It is the only project which is ready for possession and more than 100 families are already residing there. It is not dependent on DEW and is well connected already with Palam Vihar and has all the amenities.
                      Last edited by illusionist13; July 16 2015, 12:38 PM.

                      Comment

                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X