NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 1 day ago
21738 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
    Real Estate is going through its cyclical downturn, and the rough patch is only accentuated by other macro-economic factors. People who are shitting in the pants now would only be speculators and short term punters, who thought they could make money in jiffy and run away. Long term investors and endusers have nothing to worry about. Once macroeconomic factors return to a upward trajectory, things would be back on track. However we do need some basic regulation and enforcement in this sector.

First one is Land Acquisition bill and the next is RE regulatory bill. Both these are mandatory and even when they come there has to be a credible mechanism to enforce them. RE without infra and social amenities will not fly in future. For infra and amenities you need land. for land you need enforcement and regulation which is fair, efficient and quick. similarly the builders have had too much fun at the cost of buyers, this isn't going to fly either. If the sector has to settle into equilibrium, then there has to be a proper mechanism to guarantee deliveries with reasonable timelines and transparency and accountability. I am not hopeless on these things, with the advent of technology and public awareness, these things are bound to be in place sooner than later.

As far as DEW taking it in the chin is concerned, I am not sure. Looking at the situation it doesn't look like that. DEW could be as much affected as any other region by an industry wide action. Why I say this is based on pricing structure and location fundamentals, which remain positive. Its a shame that the road is dragging and we have no established system of tracking real facts. However, if you think DEW investors would be badly affected, then think again investors in Delhi, GCR, GCX, Sohna Road etc. will be worse.

I have faith in an economy of 1.25 billion people, most of them young. I think the story is only about to begin.

You make some interesting points in your posts and you are very knowledgeable, so I know that you fullly understand that my disappointment is not related with DEW or Real estate in particular. I am disappointed as a citizen paying taxes and the government failing us. Ofcourse its compounded by the fact that, as a real estate consumer having paid hefty development charges to the govt and I am still not getting these facilities in time. Expectations of Roads, ports, airports etc. are a matter of right when you pay for these, it has nothing to do with speculation in these markets.

I have no specific views on Ultiji's comments. He makes interesting observations from time to time, using his information and outlook, which should and does change with each emerging development. Silver lining or not, I just want that by the time the RE economy turns I would be happy to see the DEW.
    If you knew that a downturn is coming why did you put your money in Real Estate?

It's easy to do a postmortem of already dead

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
      If you knew that a downturn is coming why did you put your money in Real Estate?

It's easy to do a postmortem of already dead
      Rohit - quiet to the contrary. I have said time and again that business cycles dont need a prophet to predict. Also the timing, entry and exit pricing becomes most important determinants of whether you are able to weather a downturn. I had put monies in 2008-09 and then booked profits thrice in 2010,11 &12. I did reinvest a part of my gains in RE. All my current investments have been made in 2011-12 pre-launch price levels against which I paid in instalments over the last 3 years from my gain made from earlier investments. I have not made any fresh investments after 2012. I am leveraged only to use it as an arbitraging opportunity. I know that even after a bad downcylce rates cannot possibly erode my entry level valuations.

In fact I am actually doing the opposite to any post-mortem. I am only describing what we are going through now as a normal business cycle, this will see further slopes before it bottoms out. Most of the RE indicators are lagging indicators, so whether you like it not, by the time you say that we are in a downturn, you are well within that. Each downturn needs a trigger to reverse, In the current cycle recovery will have to be preceded by reforms, better regulations and changes in the infra space, not to mention income growth and employment.

Comment

Originally posted by gdhody View Post
        Latest construction of NPR pics from NPV, Phase-1, Sec-110 are below.
        I got no contacts like Mr. Chakri or like anyone in HUDA or any other body.
        So what I have is here for consumption by all.
        Dont know when will the alternate plots will be allotted and all.
        But the construction has resumed full swing and is for everyone to see.

cheers!!!

Ghody ji,

Whatever pictures you have posting is appreciable, however, the facts all must know. Since, it was main clause of agreement that NPV outsees shall allow the construction work on vacant land where no sine-die stay order prevailed and not in litigation. Hence, binding with agreement clauses the construction work is going on and no disruption is creating.

This is one sided point, on another hand in stipulated time-frame all the settlement agreement has to be fulfilled by authority otherwise after certain period this whole settlement becomes null and void, may by mutual understanding the time-frame can increased, however, authority is on shaky ground since wrong commitment made in court which finally converted in verdict.

Anyway, as far as RE down cycle is concerned than the era of RE is now erstwhile and it will trading for at-least next decade as usual doing right now.

Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post

In fact I am actually doing the opposite to any post-mortem. I am only describing what we are going through now as a normal business cycle, this will see further slopes before it bottoms out. Most of the RE indicators are lagging indicators, so whether you like it not, by the time you say that we are in a downturn, you are well within that. Each downturn needs a trigger to reverse, In the current cycle recovery will have to be preceded by reforms, better regulations and changes in the infra space, not to mention income growth and employment.
          Plus one - considerable ease in interest rates - which is likely to take years before materializing.

Comment

Market is slow in Gurgaon other areas I agree means less trading happening and most of you too. But its dead on DEW means none due to reason of Infra not there and its holding up investment of investors. I have feeling if we have dew in place dead market will turn into slow market and then transaction would start. Yes obvious it will take time to get back to the earlier one.. Also when ever market will turn positive Gurgaon will be ahead in the RE return seeing the new MNC coming up here..

Comment

Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
              Hold on!

Just an analogy, what you are doing is actually gift wrapping your car and handing over the keys to the thief with the promise of putting petrol (EMIs+installments) for the foreseeable future?

he he, found one of those So investing in licensed real estate from legit companies in a master planned area as an investment class is like following your analogy which I hope you really believe in and not just for counter argument, not sure what are you doing on "real estate forum" why not spend time on any other forum where you think its full of law abiding citizens dealing in kosher asset class, or if all hope is lost why not follow some baba ji and start "investing" for the other world.

Saying all are thieves is so easy, but can you point who is saint. another analogy but by saint and thieves I mean asset classes.

Comment

A simple logic but stretched wildly.

Without being dramatic, simple submissions:

Transparency and real estate are antonyms. Tell me one NCR builder who is clean and can be trusted upon. Licensed, legit and master planned area are all oxymoron's in India atleast in NCR.

I am on this forum because I beleive in this imperfection and the resultant higher return (because of high risk) and not to crib on the government, infra etc. We were not cribbing when rates were going up 10-20% after 30% payment and not cursing the other factors. But now when the tide has reversed and most of us are caught without pants, we start blaming the infra, government.

RE is a risky bet and would remain the same for years and hence the chances of higher returns or higher losses.

My analogy was to simply point out to a flaw in your post about letting the theives take your car but then the question begs to be answered:

Who let the theives walk in? If we are scared of risks, then FD is the saint asset class we are looking at.

Just think about my argument with a cool mind.

Originally posted by agvinod View Post
                he he, found one of those So investing in licensed real estate from legit companies in a master planned area as an investment class is like following your analogy which I hope you really believe in and not just for counter argument, not sure what are you doing on "real estate forum" why not spend time on any other forum where you think its full of law abiding citizens dealing in kosher asset class, or if all hope is lost why not follow some baba ji and start "investing" for the other world.

Saying all are thieves is so easy, but can you point who is saint. another analogy but by saint and thieves I mean asset classes.

Comment

All is ok but 2 -4 saal mein ban jayega na dew ..? ??

Comment

Jethro - I am not referring to any other point in your post, as they are your own opinion and I respect that. however to your comment on cribbing - I must point out that we are not cribbing because the market is low. Ofcourse, cyclical ups and downs are part and parcel of any market system. Risk and rewards too. However my post on the government being the main issue is very relevant to me. Whether the market is up or down, it doesn't matter, I still need a road to run my car. the govt. promised the road in a master plan and I then I invested in the region. If I had bought a paddy field speculating a development which never came then what you say may hold true, but that's not the case. I paid for development and so I am disappointed. If it was a private party we would have dragged them to court, penalise them etc. etc. but what do you do with the govt.

So do you think, this has any connection with speculation or market downturn at all. Imagine even an enduser will need a road, hell, even a resident of delhi with no intention of investing on DEW will need this road. The downturn did not cause the road problem, infact the road problem is compounding the market slugishness in this region.

Comment

Originally posted by JethroNull View Post
                      A simple logic but stretched wildly.

Without being dramatic, simple submissions:

Transparency and real estate are antonyms. Tell me one NCR builder who is clean and can be trusted upon. Licensed, legit and master planned area are all oxymoron's in India atleast in NCR.

I am on this forum because I beleive in this imperfection and the resultant higher return (because of high risk) and not to crib on the government, infra etc. We were not cribbing when rates were going up 10-20% after 30% payment and not cursing the other factors. But now when the tide has reversed and most of us are caught without pants, we start blaming the infra, government.

RE is a risky bet and would remain the same for years and hence the chances of higher returns or higher losses.

My analogy was to simply point out to a flaw in your post about letting the theives take your car but then the question begs to be answered:

Who let the theives walk in? If we are scared of risks, then FD is the saint asset class we are looking at.

Just think about my argument with a cool mind.
                      yepp, thats exactly what I'm saying. we believed in a contract which government and builders put forward and then attached a risk quotient to it to come up with that kind of return. But now since those contracts are not fulfilled its our duty to follow up and make noise about those contracts so they are fulfilled. I'm sure everyone with a stake in India should make noise about any non fulfilled contract be it personal or infra contracts by the government, writing on the forums is one small part of it. if we believe everyone is thief and put all the money in FDs, we should be looking at a very different kind of economy than we aspire for now.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X