NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 11 hours ago
21871 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

One of the best posts on D way..

I am very close to making an investment in sector 110 on D way and Matrix you indeed have given me some food for thought.

Originally posted by matrix_55 View Post
    Dear All Dway Investors and would be investors,

A moment to stop and think. I hate people taking others for a ride even when they realise for their paltry 1%-2% margins they are risking someone else's lifetime savings. All I want is a educated end user and investor community who understands risk well. You don't need to be a GARP/FRM to understand the risks I am highlighting below.

Do you think its also a possibility that the investors of the area are asked to pay an additional amount to 'settle the case' in/out of court?
    Like it happened in GNOIDA/Noida Ext because any other legal way out is really not possible like we have seen in indian courts?

Do you think it is a possibility that some strethes will be 40 metre / 12 metre or single lane road to "acccomodate " interests?

Do you think its a possibility that the road alignment can be changed substantially?

Of course, unlike UP - Noida Ext case, the investors case will be very weak. Ever wondered what happens if the Dway is not built but as we always see in NCR - it just Hangs. What if it is built at 150 metres in some places and 40 metres in some? What if it takes 10 years to build? Will the delay cause people occupying along the highway to pack bags and leave or more will come leading to more illegal occupation?

What if it is not safe for the Proposed Diplomatic area to have open unfettered access from another state so that the alignment is changed on delhi side? Have you visited the Diplo. enclave in Delhi? Have you seen the security?

If any of the above possbilities takes place what will be your argument? Would you file a case in court? For what exactly?

You bought property and you got it. Whether the state road is built on the same place or 1km away is not for you to litigate upon. Whether that road is 150 meter or 15 metre is not for you to fle a case upon? And you bought the house knowing fully well the issue is under judicial process.

1. The haryana land authority did not procure land on behalf of developers but the developers themselves have to do it in Haryana so question of haryana govt being involved to save your skin is ludicrous.

2. The haryana government did not invite you to invest here and you did invest knowing fully well the ups and downs of the place - an argument which worked in favor of Noida Ext investors/end users (over 50k) where the litigation started after development and even though the government itself allocated land and enjoyed profits it could not do much in courts except ask for more funds from people.

3. Today when people invest in litigation free areas still there is so much hassle - the normal RE hassles like increase in super area, late delivery etc on top of it you want legal entertainment?
    Tomorrow once the money is taken by developers whose problem is it going to be ? Theirs? Haryana Govt? Brokers? OR Yours?

4. All this risk for what really? Dirt cheap prices like N Ext I could have understood, but for these prices? I have my doubts if there are no better opportunities elsewhere but Dway only.

5. Remember if the DWAY requires support of 2 government and elections results in either state will make the task more difficult. Imagine if the government in Delhi or Haryana changes - see that Jewar airport ? That is also one of Dway type projects.. politics vs economics has 'Hung' it.

6. Do not play a game where the biggest skin in the game is yours but the your profits are not biggest, never a good idea. And a game where delay does not work in your favor is a risky game when it involves indian courts, 2 state governments (who have no particular liking for migrants who dont vote) and occupied residents on 4km stretches ( that will not be shrinking for sure but increasing each day)

7. Boss,remember the rule regarding living within 900 meteres of an ammunition depot? Not only an illegal occupation bang in middle of gurgaon whose illegality & sheer danger the union govt has talked about to the state govt?- let me refresh this 9 month old story: Actually the state government asked the Ammunition depot to be removed since the illegal settlers could not be removed

Ammo depot will stay: Centre - Times Of India

QUOTE:
    A total of 10368 owners/occupiers have raised unauthorized buildings within the 900 meter restricted zone. Besides residential constructions, prominent commercial buildings that have been raised in the restricted zone are Maruti Udyog Limited and Electronic city.
    Recently, when the local administration attempted to launch a demolition drive, the city witnessed violent protests by those who have houses or shops within the restricted zone.
    UNQUOTE:
    What do you think happened? Eviction? Come on guys grow up. IF eviction of even one place starts it will lead to courts questioning the selective eviction and PIL's will come up and Govt will then 'settle' the issue by compromise - by you having to say hello to new neighbors and adjust with a smaller highway.

8. Could there be a reason why none of the biggies on Gurgaon RE (DLF/Unitech) have not yet positioned themselves on Dway - knowing their clout in Gurgaon, I know I would feel safer if DLF/Uni were also in same boat in gurgaon where they pack a significant punch.
    Do we have HUDA plots on D Eway?

Remember there are 2 things - Gurgaon New sectors and the Dway and they do not necessarily mean the same things. It is nowhere written in GOLD by Haryana and Delhi Goverment or the suprement court that DWAY of continous length of 20 kms and continous width of 150 metres will be constructed in a space of 5 years (if ever) and neither did the Govt of india gives you assurance of buyback of your flats if a road does not get built.
    Really which HUDA official or DDA official did you meet to buy this property? Did they give you their opinion?

The sheer role of Dway is to cast a sheen on eyes of people and make them forget where they are buying - Not in the middle of nowhere ( i could live with that) but bang in the middle of litigation and 2 state govt and spindoctors and of course 'Nowhere'.

PS: Dway is a road and just like another road in trouble it should have honest property prices compared to the risks around it. And all those who seek to invest here should be aware of the risks.

Thanks.

Comment

Construction Stages in Highway Sector ...

Originally posted by nikhilyadav View Post
      Hello everyone, i am following this post from a long time and finally today created login to share my comments also...
      I am also an investor in DEW so following everyone's comments very closely, recently i made a visit to the expressway area, i started from kherki dhaula after the toll and took the vatika roads, as i crossed the vatika sectors i saw piles of dust and gravel and a very wide road being constructed in that area most probably some 8x sectors, i followed that stretch and reached sectors 91 - 95, ther also i was amazed to see a multi utility corridor being built by DLF which will connect on DEW before kherki dhaula, moreover this MUC (multi utility corridor) is 60% complete and you can drive on it, it crosses through DLF new town heights, garden city etc. one can have look at the plan by seeing the map available with brokers sitting over there.
      I again continued on that stretch and hit the pataudi road near garhi harsau. it took me around 10 mins from there to reach sector 37D where Ramprastha site is located and just befor it i saw the construction of DEW near sector 37D. Work is going on in full pace in Ramprastha site. I liked the locaton as it will be very near to expressway. Overallit took me around 20 mins to reach sector 37D from NH8 near kherki dhaula with present state of roads.
      Will post the pics in my next post.. but yes i am also a bit satisfied with the progress of construction, if the litigations set soon then DEW can be a realty soon as the work is going on at a good pace in the stretches wich are clear from litigation.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for your share of site reconnaissance along NPR. It’s really good sign for sectors along NPR on 8X side till 37D. Same thing is also happening on 100X side as well as photos posted by rudder, beowulf and other members, only some temporary black spots need to be erased.

One of the Scheme of Ramaprastha (The Atrium) is the first to be handed over and probably it will be completed in last quarter of 2012. It seems the connectivity of 37D from NH-8 has no problem, it will hardly take 10 minutes to reach 37D when the construction of NPR will complete from Kherki Dhauli to 37D (i.e. before Railway line). I guess construction of ROB will going to take some time.

Many forum members of IREF are treating development of NPR like a disaster project without giving any facts and figures and not accepting the actual reality but if you compare the present situation with that of September's (only a cycle of three month!!!!) you would come to realize that lot of changes has already been taken place. Thanks to the forum members for posting the live photographic updates.

Being a citizen of nation we always have to accept and encourage the development works whether it is near to your investment region or not. Criticism is also an essential part of democracy but it should be always justified with actual facts and figure not like the way some eminent politicians lose their old creditability by giving false promises and illogical lectures.

As far as litigation and land acquisition is concerned I had never found a single highway/road that is free from such initial problems of acquisition and other litigations in my entire service of 14 years in transportation engineering and planning sector.

You will always find a senior government retired officer from local bodies and PWDs employed in a private transportation engineering consultancy for such land acquisition and other litigation issues. Infect if you look into any under construction highway of any length (15 km to 150 kms) it will remain a dusty patches of soil and aggregates until it is carpeted by a bituminous layer.

Just go through the wikimapia page of Bahadurgarh bypass of National Highway No. 10 ( http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.6680162&lon=76.9195533&z=16&l=0&m=s&gz=0;7 69284153;286659640;0;0;14806;6213 ) you will see the same situation and if you think it will remains the same then you don’t want to accept the actual reality of construction stages of any highway Project .

BTW all those land parcels in Bahadugarh were of influencing farmers and their interest were taken care by HUDA at later stages of construction to complete the project.
      __________________________________________________ __________
      It is better to be blind than to see things from only one point of view

Comment

A moment to stop and think. I hate people taking others for a ride even when they realise for their paltry 1%-2% margins they are risking someone else's lifetime savings. All I want is a educated end user and investor community who understands risk well. You don't need to be a GARP/FRM to understand the risks I am highlighting below.

Do you think its also a possibility that the investors of the area are asked to pay an additional amount to 'settle the case' in/out of court?
        Like it happened in GNOIDA/Noida Ext because any other legal way out is really not possible like we have seen in indian courts?

Do you think it is a possibility that some strethes will be 40 metre / 12 metre or single lane road to "acccomodate " interests?

Do you think its a possibility that the road alignment can be changed substantially?

Of course, unlike UP - Noida Ext case, the investors case will be very weak. Ever wondered what happens if the Dway is not built but as we always see in NCR - it just Hangs. What if it is built at 150 metres in some places and 40 metres in some? What if it takes 10 years to build? Will the delay cause people occupying along the highway to pack bags and leave or more will come leading to more illegal occupation?

What if it is not safe for the Proposed Diplomatic area to have open unfettered access from another state so that the alignment is changed on delhi side? Have you visited the Diplo. enclave in Delhi? Have you seen the security?

If any of the above possbilities takes place what will be your argument? Would you file a case in court? For what exactly?

You bought property and you got it. Whether the state road is built on the same place or 1km away is not for you to litigate upon. Whether that road is 150 meter or 15 metre is not for you to fle a case upon? And you bought the house knowing fully well the issue is under judicial process.

1. The haryana land authority did not procure land on behalf of developers but the developers themselves have to do it in Haryana so question of haryana govt being involved to save your skin is ludicrous.

2. The haryana government did not invite you to invest here and you did invest knowing fully well the ups and downs of the place - an argument which worked in favor of Noida Ext investors/end users (over 50k) where the litigation started after development and even though the government itself allocated land and enjoyed profits it could not do much in courts except ask for more funds from people.

3. Today when people invest in litigation free areas still there is so much hassle - the normal RE hassles like increase in super area, late delivery etc on top of it you want legal entertainment?
        Tomorrow once the money is taken by developers whose problem is it going to be ? Theirs? Haryana Govt? Brokers? OR Yours?

4. All this risk for what really? Dirt cheap prices like N Ext I could have understood, but for these prices? I have my doubts if there are no better opportunities elsewhere but Dway only.

5. Remember if the DWAY requires support of 2 government and elections results in either state will make the task more difficult. Imagine if the government in Delhi or Haryana changes - see that Jewar airport ? That is also one of Dway type projects.. politics vs economics has 'Hung' it.

6. Do not play a game where the biggest skin in the game is yours but the your profits are not biggest, never a good idea. And a game where delay does not work in your favor is a risky game when it involves indian courts, 2 state governments (who have no particular liking for migrants who dont vote) and occupied residents on 4km stretches ( that will not be shrinking for sure but increasing each day)

7. Boss,remember the rule regarding living within 900 meteres of an ammunition depot? Not only an illegal occupation bang in middle of gurgaon whose illegality & sheer danger the union govt has talked about to the state govt?- let me refresh this 9 month old story: Actually the state government asked the Ammunition depot to be removed since the illegal settlers could not be removed

QUOTE:
        A total of 10368 owners/occupiers have raised unauthorized buildings within the 900 meter restricted zone. Besides residential constructions, prominent commercial buildings that have been raised in the restricted zone are Maruti Udyog Limited and Electronic city.
        Recently, when the local administration attempted to launch a demolition drive, the city witnessed violent protests by those who have houses or shops within the restricted zone.
        UNQUOTE:
        What do you think happened? Eviction? Come on guys grow up. IF eviction of even one place starts it will lead to courts questioning the selective eviction and PIL's will come up and Govt will then 'settle' the issue by compromise - by you having to say hello to new neighbors and adjust with a smaller highway.

8. Could there be a reason why none of the biggies on Gurgaon RE (DLF/Unitech) have not yet positioned themselves on Dway - knowing their clout in Gurgaon, I know I would feel safer if DLF/Uni were also in same boat in gurgaon where they pack a significant punch.

Remember there are 2 things - Gurgaon New sectors and the Dway and they do not necessarily mean the same things. It is nowhere written in GOLD by Haryana and Delhi Goverment or the suprement court that DWAY of continous length of 20 kms and continous width of 150 metres will be constructed in a space of 5 years (if ever) and neither did the Govt of india gives you assurance of buyback of your flats if a road does not get built.
        Really which HUDA official or DDA official did you meet to buy this property? Did they give you their opinion?

The sheer role of Dway is to cast a sheen on eyes of people and make them forget where they are buying - Not in the middle of nowhere ( i could live with that) but bang in the middle of litigation and 2 state govt and spindoctors and of course 'Nowhere'.

PS: Dway is a road and just like another road in trouble it should have honest property prices compared to the risks around it. And all those who seek to invest here should be aware of the risks.

Thanks.
        Good One.........
        Thanks

Comment

Very Well Said.
          cheers

QUOTE:
          UNQUOTE:

Thanks.

Comment

I apologize I don't know which section of the Dway I have photographed. On visiting the ATS Kocoon site, I asked the folks there to direct me to the nearest Dway section.
            Maybe Rudder can help identify the sectors.
            Regards

Originally posted by BlessU View Post
            Hi
            Greetings

May i request which sectors did you see "rodi"/ gravel being layered on top of soft soil??

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by rpyadav View Post
              yahan pe kuch log apne ap ko cm , huda, dtcp, indiabulls,emaar , shobha se bhzyada smart samajhte hain
              may be dey hav interests on spr or sohna road and they believe by running down npr they will generate superprofits ; now as far as npr is concerned being a an advoctae myself i just want to clarify few a hing or two-
              1. npr is not a housing project but a road project whose definaton under land acquisition acts section 4, 6 comes to be public purpose and for public purpose where benefit of the public at large vs few individuals i.e. of new palam vihar is concerned courts will 101% go along with public at large i.e. road project.
              2. second thing new palam vihar (npv) is an illegal colony and the government has other tricks as well ; lately the government has demolished house in npv for not getting building plan sacntioned ; what haryana govt. through dtcp could do is demolish these houses for violation of controlled areas act and then acquire their land under section 4 which i thing is government is doing for making sector roads in this area.
              3. no road project is litigation free spr is also facing many litigations(go to huda wesite-> major devlopmet works , pdf file ).
              4 bless u bhaisab dont teach me who is khuda or not i dont want to disclose my sources or contacts just for convincing u right but i stand by my comments
              u raised some points like hiking of chrges and so on u see in haryana u cant rule by angering farmers their intersts are supreme and for ur info. there is no farmer interest in npr ; there are few industrial units in daultabad , then there is new palam vihar which is mostly inhibited by migrants who hold no political value for government as simple as that if u want to make it complex u are free to do it waise bhi hindustan mein SAMPOORN AZADI hai
              Hi
              Greetings

Yadav Ji mera source aapse zyaada strong hai!!!

All these companies are super smart and want to push down hype and unjustified prices down a totally uninhabitable area without any infrastructure..

These announcements will be relished once things start coming up but they will take there time for sure.. your 101% confidence level is appreciable but not convincing to those who have seen such announcements being made earlier by your KHUDA- HOODA but nothing has moved till date in various projects across the state..

Kahani mat karo project batao kaun sa kab announce hua aur kab poora hua??
              If you have so close relations with the CM please provide some reasonable arguments to points already raised herein in my previous post.

sector road tenders kab alot honge kisko alot honge. yeh to bata do bhai apne KHUDA se pooch ke.. 3 months about to over... sampoorn azadi ke pracharak ji.. Yadav ji.. tumhari bhi baat sunnna zaroori hai bhai..!!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by beowulf View Post
                I apologize I don't know which section of the Dway I have photographed. On visiting the ATS Kocoon site, I asked the folks there to direct me to the nearest Dway section.
                Maybe Rudder can help identify the sectors.
                Regards
                Hi
                greetings

no worries mate. the reason for my interest was that rodi would not be spread unless bitumen was being proposed to be taken up in near future..

Patches of dway to be constructed would indeed be the first step in this project.. Obviously the completion as projected by most builders would not happen soon given numerous problems, multiple agencies, litigations etc...
                Max problem with be faced by 10x homeseekers as largest patch of under litigation construction and need for a ROB is of utmost importance for them to reach NH8. This is coupled by the lack of clarity and uncertainity of delhi side developments.

Cheers

Comment

another one from me

Originally posted by gdhody View Post
                  Very Well Said.
                  cheers
                  Another one from me

What if :- Expressway is built but as expressways in India, converts into river every monsoon.

What if :- expressway is built, but haunted by ghosts, you are driving down the expressway and suddenly see somebody in white saari with candle, jumping at you.

Now add above two conditions, you are stuck in the river on a monsoon night, and the ghost in white saari jumps at you

Comment

[QUOTE=harsh_paeds;299516]dear cookie , gundnavneet aur bless u , thoda gaur fermayein.[/QUO
                    Hi
                    greetings

Good article.. definitely covers what the Financial Commissioner has to say!! Many such articles are expected with mega announcements due to ensuing elections mate..

Would be good if these announcements are followed by NIT and approvals within a short span.. most would be repeated again before the next elections.. Only difference would be a new Financial Commissioner!!

Cheers
                    Last edited by MANOJa; December 26 2015, 05:44 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Best post I read in a long time

QUOTE:
                      UNQUOTE:

Thanks.
                      Once people come to their senses, a lot of dumping could take place - especially as, these seem to be investors and not end users. Even if these buildings get built where will the inhabitants come from?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X