NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 2 hours ago
21884 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Perspective on Real Estate Bill

Majority of the investors in the real estate do not fully appreciate the significance of the Real Estate Bill. This bill is going to game changer for the real estate investor. It is the same as new Land Acquisition Act that has made the land owners a King out of beggers. This bill forces the builder to put 70% of the revenue in an escrow account of the concerned project. Therefore, this bill will ensure that sale proceeds of a project are invested in the same project. In the short to medium term, it will create a cash flow problem for most of the builders in North India, who are in the habit of rotating the hats (topi ghumaana practice). It may result in some of the weaker builders getting pruned out. This act will become applicable not only to the new projects but most likely to the older projects also. Therefore, virtually all the builders are going to be caught by this new bill. There are penal provisions also in the bill. Therefore, the builders can easily be prosecuted under the new Act. It is not actual prosecution but the fear of prosecution that will act as deterrent for the builders behaviour. There will be proper disclosure norms for all the projects. Therefore, there will be no hidden costs. The builder will be liable to pay the interest at the same rate as the rate the builder is charging. Today the investors have two worries. One related to the builders and the other related to NPR. With the passage of this bill, at least the builder related worries will be over. There are only a handful of builders in India like Sobha, Godrej, Oberoi that may be in full compliance of the new bill. Others builders are going to be in for a rough time.

Comment

Now with the 37C folks also applying for land, it seems that KD connectivity will happen within the committed period of 2017. Allow an other 6-9 months to see the allotments and the vacation of land by the owners. By then HUDA should have the DPR commissioned by them for the NH8 connectivity. Whether clover leaf or flyovers etc. Also with DEW being NH now the earlier concern of NHAI coordination nightmare may not be there. NH tag will also improve in better planning of road geometry and flyovers etc.

Haryana should seize this opportunity to amalgamate NPR CPR and SPR and make one peripheral road and make the whole thing NH. That will ensure the best development of the whole area.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohit1975 View Post

So this NH tag is a good thing I suspect ?

Here I do need advice in terms of just how does getting status of NH help dew

I mean do you get increased fun ding low tax , guaranteed drainage and therefore sewage system sanitation electricity pylons etc ??

I don't know the answer to this and can my find it in the Internet ? Do the established gents able to direct to a site where I can read pros cons of NH tag if possums
        The NH tag in this case will benefit DEW a lot. Some points that come to my mind are -
        1. This road is supposed to be an expressway and in the current form it's only a broad sector road. NH's have width, set off and grade separation requirements which keeps them safe for high speed traffic. Currently, this road will be a disaster with speed beakers and signals and unorganised intersections every couple of kms.

2. NHs have separate budgets for maintenance and recarpetting, signage etc. They are not at the mercy of pathetic state budgets and their oversight.

3. Encroachments and wrongful right of way usurped by locals with the influence of local gundas etc. are handled easily as their influence in centre is minimal.

There are a few issues with NH as well. State projects concerning the road (public transport) are very difficult as coordination becomes cumbersome and complicated. But not impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie
          Don't agree with your 1st point.
          Expressway means signal free ride and it is supposed to be like that no matter it national highway or state highway.
          National Highway anyway doesnt mean that it will have no red light either.

Nitin Gadgari laid foundation stone for Faridaibad - Greater noida in August 14 and that is also to be declared National Higheway but work on that project still not started and none has any answers either when it will start.

Being hopeful is good but plz dont get blinded by Talks.
          *Cookie; correct your reasoning is theoretically right, I would like the same. But imagine the residential sectors on both sides of it and if it was a regular corporation maintained road, there is little chances of a signal free ride. also there will be too many adhoc (unplanned) developments (u-turns, gap in medians, etc.). You can say the difference between an NH an SH and local corporation (MP) road, just by driving by, without any signage.

While NH Tag doesn't necessarily guarantee a good road and a signal free ride, its definitely a better situation for a so called expressway. Also in this case a NH tag will help in Delhi side getting the similar width of road, i.e. 50m from the current 80M ROW allocated by the Delhi master plan. this is again very controversial, but possible.

Its also possible that this NH trick is a quick patch solution to some of the issues confronting the project and in reality it just remains an equivalent of a Master Plan Road. But if you are one who hopes for the best and be ready for the worst, then I would say that its good either ways as NH status is not going to harm the road in any way, at best it can give a real boost to the neighbourhood, like what NH8 actually did way back in the 90s.

Also since this part will be a DMIC participated corridor, as it houses the MRTS to Bawal, the convention centre in Dwarka and the frieght corridor for the Airport, all this makes this road special and an NH tag is only appropriate.

However, There are NH's which are worse than a local road even in the NCR region. for eg. NH24 near indirapuram to Dasna in Ghaziabad. But i guess that's now getting all the attention it deserves and hopefully its NH glory is bestowed upon it in the next 30 months as per PM's assurances.
          Last edited by Bala2107; March 10 2016, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie
            Then this is not an expressway.
            Mod plz edit this thread accordingly.
            *Cookie; I do understand your candour, and I dont want to prolong this discussion. In reality i completely agree to your point.

What we may need to bear in mind is, "Dwarka Expressway" is a nickname which has been given by the builders lobby and media and others caught on to it as a marketing tool. In the master plan which is the final document, this road is merely mentioned as Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), at par with Southern Peripheral road (SPR) and CPR central peripheral road. A kind of Ring road. You can see this in all HUDA tender documents, and official paperwork. nowhere in the official records its being called an Expressway.

I was just pointing out to the fact whatever we cal this road, the fact that there are so many intersections and there are no flyovers or underpasses, that suggest that these will be signal free. May be they will come in future. But till then its far from an expressway.

And yes, the name or nomenclature of the road just doesn't matter in India. you are right about that.
            Last edited by Bala2107; March 10 2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I want to invest in India Bulls new project in sector 104. Location is good (300-400 mtr from DEW), pricing is decent (5200 psf all inclusive, 6 acre land, 7 towers, 540 aparrments) but builder credibility is a question mark. My possession time frame is 4-5 years. I read about India Bulls as a company from the perspective of its debt situation and RBI strictness in controlling defaulters. Experienced members are requested to throw some light on India Bulls credibility in RE sector. Given the current low, whether India Bulls will be able to survive the tide and be able to deliver the project.

Comment

Originally posted by RAPRIG View Post
                I want to invest in India Bulls new project in sector 104. Location is good (300-400 mtr from DEW), pricing is decent (5200 psf all inclusive, 6 acre land, 7 towers, 540 aparrments) but builder credibility is a question mark. My possession time frame is 4-5 years. I read about India Bulls as a company from the perspective of its debt situation and RBI strictness in controlling defaulters. Experienced members are requested to throw some light on India Bulls credibility in RE sector. Given the current low, whether India Bulls will be able to survive the tide and be able to deliver the project.
                Indiabull has some projects near completion on DEW and also in Panvel. All are delayed. You can have a look on their quality before making committment.

Comment

You can also look at M3M Woodhsire in Sector 107. Possession of some towers is expected in Oct'16 and may fit in your price tag...

Comment

Hi all,

If Service Road ( highlighted in Red) of 10.0 meter is still there in construction plan then there will not be much hindrances due to frequent cross roads. Provision of service road is a MUST to make this road as a signal free.

Problem in India is that even if cross section of road is at par for expressway but due to stakeholders interference it will simply constructed as a normal multilane Urban road with unwanted cross roads directly merging to main lanes leaving aside most of the international road safety norms.

Refer the detailed Cross Section (link below) of Northern Peripheral Road provided in Tender documentfor better understanding about cross section of Northern Peripheral Road.

Planned building Line of this Expressway is 210 meters i.e. 30.0(Green Belt) +150.0(ROW) +30.0(Green Belt).

Left Side of Median:
                    2.50 (Footpath) +3.50(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+10.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Footpath)+15.0(BRT Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Median/Central Verge:
                    10.0 meters

Right Side of Median:
                    5.0 (Footpath) +5.0(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+13.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Other Services)+8.0(Metro Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Total ROW = 70.0 +10.0 +70.0 = 150 meters
                    Last edited by Designer; March 10 2016, 03:42 PM.
                    __________________________________________________ __________
                    It is better to be blind than to see things from only one point of view

Comment

Real estate bill passed .........hurray

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X