NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 3 hours ago
21913 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
    I have a feeling that dwarka sector 21 intersection will have a clover leaf/grade separator for seamless connectivity. especially because of the ECC and the ISBT, this may be a pre-requisite, with buses and passenger traffic clogging the intersection. Hope to see this announcement soon.
    Second you in your thoughts & opine ...but as u have on so many occasions said ...it has to be a necessity to be built.

Comment

Sir, absolutely, we need these to be executed for it have any sense. However, in my experience, getting a master plan sanctioned and approved is more than half way through. It also allows for keeping the land and other resources (like services/utiliites lines etc) on standby/reserve. for instance look at the 3 under passes and many flyovers that are being put in place on NH8, they are coming ad-hoc and as and when required. Land for every project there is in a legal tangle, service lines criss crossing preventing the works and time lost in shifting them etc. that makes the projects costly and sometimes even unviable.

So while I would be more than happy to see a straight road currently, in 5 years I will be jumpy and feel that these bottlenecks should have been taken into account. At that time, we will realise that the land where these will need to be built have been given to schools, hospitals, power stations or worse to religious institutions. which means that they cannot be shifted and there goes our development work. As human beings our priorities change in no time, currently we only yearn for a connectivity, in 1 year we will want utilities, signals and lighting, in 2 years we will need malls and commercial infra, then we will need flyovers and ROBs and underpases, so if the plan and the necessary land for these are acquired now and kept on reserve to be used ONLY for these, then it will be great.

But yes, as of now we all need to action on ground. where are JCBs and dredging equipments ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
        "NPR / DEW is now NH8A - Status and Developments"

Bala2107,

NH8A is already existed in Gujarat. I think Dwarka Expressway might have some other NHX8 or NH8X name, still not decided.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NH 8A.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2272133
        __________________________________________________ __________
        It is better to be blind than to see things from only one point of view

Comment

Designer; - well said. I think even DDA has'nt figured it out yet. They have said NH8A in their letter to NHAI. Yeah lets see, that name does't this stretch get. Although symbolic, its important to see this announcement getting made. thanks for pointing that out.
          Last edited by MANOJa; April 3 2016, 11:41 AM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Bala2107;, Appreciate your thought on a clover leaf at UER II & DEW junction and agreed it will be needed from day one once DEW and UER II are fully operational. However the situation we see at many intersections in Delhi or India is different. Great to see Hero Honda chowk flyover/ underpass is coming now but after 8 years of wait. Hope to see a clover leaf at UER II & NH8 crossing (near Shiv Murti). Cyber city mess is all known for years and still there are hurdles without hurdles. Many things built but nothing built situation. Khirki Dhaula will need a clover leaf at one stage. We can hope for good but when.... a big question.

Kaam bahut hain, aadmi kam hain ?

Builders are paid by investors but still sites are turned into ghost houses. Bad thing, we can't do anything.

Something good coming from government is just a bonus
            Last edited by MANOJa; April 3 2016, 12:01 PM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Thanks mkg007;. You are an asset to this forum!
              Last edited by MANOJa; April 3 2016, 12:40 PM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie
                Bala Ji

NH tag doesn't matter and Cant be magnet for development. It only sounds soothing to ears.

What matters most is Toll Removal and immediate connectivity to NH 8.

I am still pessimistic for this area. Nothing Will happen remarkable on ground in the next 4-5 years.
                Well I agree with you that NH status isnt a magnet however it does matter in a few under mentioned ways :-
                1. The road will now get dedicated funds for maintenance and recarpeting and have to meet highway norms
                2. Since the road is to be connected to an existing NH , the proceedings should be smooth instead of a tussle as it happens between state and centre functionaries.
                3. NHAI has deep pockets and capabilities of receiving and generating funds as contrary to HUDA.
                4. NHAI projects involving other central govt. Agencies are the ones which at times get delayed like railways , defence etc and in this case its DDA which doesn't seem to be having intrests in hindrances in this project.
                5. Notwithstanding the main issue still will be land acquisition for NHAI. I hope some strong will and fund flow backs up the administrative officer whom NHAI appoints for this project .
                6. You have all the reasons to be pessimistic Sir , however after a long lull there is at least some sound to be heard . Satisfaction levels in fighting a battle are still better than surrendering. So we might as well fight. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie
                  There are expressways better maintained than so many Highways in our country.

Yes Its altogether different thing that HUDA is so inefficient to maintain roads and expressways.

What happened to Dharuhera that is also on NH8?
                  Agree with you . However the choice was HUDA vs NHAI as you yourself have mentioned. I wish it was L&T or DMRC and they built roads.

Comment

Originally posted by shilac View Post
                    Thanks mkg007;. You are an asset to this forum!
                    shilac;,

Thnx for your kind words...

There are many more who contribute on this forum with a lot of meaningful information and many intellectuals with great insights.

Three cheers to all...
                    Last edited by MANOJa; April 3 2016, 01:48 PM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Originally posted by shilac View Post
                      Thanks *mkg007 ;. You are an asset to this forum!
                      totally agree with shilac;. mkg007; is a very valuable poster here. He adds a different dimension to the discussions (height), I mean quite literally.
                      Last edited by MANOJa; April 3 2016, 01:53 PM. Reason: User tagging.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X