Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 8 hours ago
21914 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Seniors, any news on positive development in the DEW area????

Comment

Originally posted by Harmits View Post
      Seniors, any news on positive development in the DEW area????
      No negative is big positive

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
        I dont understand why so much grief is portrayed about the market situation only on this thread. There is no doubt that DEW rates have takien a beating, no one here seems to be in denial about this. Having said that, grieving about that here makes sense is every other market has flourished giving double digit returns year on year.

The reality is that in the last 24 months every market including equities, have given zero returns (most of them have given negative returns only). RE slump is not limited to DEW or Gurgaon or NCR, its nationwide. So what is this thing about that we become defensive on this thread. DEW has been delayed due to an inefficient government, politically vested bureaucracy and a lethargic and biased judiciary. No denial again. But how about every other place in this country, is it any better. I frequently hear comparisons drawn to Neharpar or Faridabad etc. honestly lets take the prices of Neharpar in 2014 and today, has it fared any better than DEW. Noida or Greater noida, has that grown ? hell, has delhi prices grown. The honest answer is No. All these markets have had negative nominal growth, real degrowth is far more painful (adding cost of capital + nominal degrowth).

Now coming to builder and bank lobby - again we hear in a lot of posts - this is an issue with every builder. in every locality, in every micromarket in the country barring a few small ones in South may be. Lets take the average delays in Faridabad, Neharpar, Noida, Greater Noida, and other areas in NCR. Are they better than DEW numbers. Then we have a point to be made. else, why? When builders delay projects in other areas, are they paying the emi to the bank ? are bankers foregoing interest when projects gets delayed in other areas? why do we lament on this thread. These are points to be discussed in a general RE thread in India or the region. These points cannot be used to portray the realities of any particular region or market, when its an industry wide phenomenon. If builders delay by 3 years here and only 1 year in the other comparable areas in NCR, then its certainly a point for people to realise the malaise of a certain region. or else why?

It will be good, if people near the ground, are able to share whatever happens in terms of progress or even bash the standstill or inertia on a standalone basis, but not on the grounds of comparative disadvantage of DEW over other areas, becuase the reality is all are in the same boat. they go to threads of other projects or areas and mock at the inertia or degrowth becuase some people may feel slightly motivated to advise (or mock) at other's failures, immaterial of how their own decisions have been. And ofcourse, even if one is bang on and took the right decisions to enter or quit, its really not cool to comment on other's positions. Just like for the overall RE sector time will tell who has been right or wrong.

As far as DEW is concerned, I see the light only as much as I see light for any other areas in NCR. I see that risk off investors exiting at whatever they get (if they get), risk on investing will return when the time comes (overall economic recovery, income levels and employment generating potential in the neighbourhood). With each incremental infrastructure development there may be incremental recoveries in price, (arrest fall), sentiment (enquiries, site visits etc.). But expect the place to get no fresh investors till the cloud over the NH* development happens. Metro work commencement (when it happens) will be an incremental driver. Till then expect the DEW to mirror the same sentiment as any other area in NCR. Nothing to feel good about, nothing to feel bad about either.
        Again counting coffers why not talk about Livability?
        The prime objective of any project is to provide housing not speculation.

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
          No negative is big positive
          Thanks Rohit. I was looking forward to some updates and not quotes

Comment

Originally posted by amitgargi View Post
            Guys btw can someone suggest plot options in DEW along with expected price per sqft and size
            Experion and Sobha Developers have plotting options in Sector 108. But you need to check about pricing . I am not sure about that at this moment. But both are good reliable developers.

Comment

I heard somewhere that few houses are demolished in new palam vihar area. Is anyone heard the same?

And were these houses part of DEW?
              Last edited by MANOJa; July 6 2016, 04:56 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

Originally posted by Gagan88 View Post
                I heard somewhere that few houses are demolished in new palam vihar area. Is anyone heard the same?

And were these houses part of DEW?
                Without offering alternative plots they can't be demolished..

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
                  I dont understand why so much grief is portrayed about the market situation only on this thread. There is no doubt that DEW rates have takien a beating, no one here seems to be in denial about this. Having said that, grieving about that here makes sense is every other market has flourished giving double digit returns year on year.

The reality is that in the last 24 months every market including equities, have given zero returns (most of them have given negative returns only). RE slump is not limited to DEW or Gurgaon or NCR, its nationwide. So what is this thing about that we become defensive on this thread. DEW has been delayed due to an inefficient government, politically vested bureaucracy and a lethargic and biased judiciary. No denial again. But how about every other place in this country, is it any better. I frequently hear comparisons drawn to Neharpar or Faridabad etc. honestly lets take the prices of Neharpar in 2014 and today, has it fared any better than DEW. Noida or Greater noida, has that grown ? hell, has delhi prices grown. The honest answer is No. All these markets have had negative nominal growth, real degrowth is far more painful (adding cost of capital + nominal degrowth).

Now coming to builder and bank lobby - again we hear in a lot of posts - this is an issue with every builder. in every locality, in every micromarket in the country barring a few small ones in South may be. Lets take the average delays in Faridabad, Neharpar, Noida, Greater Noida, and other areas in NCR. Are they better than DEW numbers. Then we have a point to be made. else, why? When builders delay projects in other areas, are they paying the emi to the bank ? are bankers foregoing interest when projects gets delayed in other areas? why do we lament on this thread. These are points to be discussed in a general RE thread in India or the region. These points cannot be used to portray the realities of any particular region or market, when its an industry wide phenomenon. If builders delay by 3 years here and only 1 year in the other comparable areas in NCR, then its certainly a point for people to realise the malaise of a certain region. or else why?

It will be good, if people near the ground, are able to share whatever happens in terms of progress or even bash the standstill or inertia on a standalone basis, but not on the grounds of comparative disadvantage of DEW over other areas, becuase the reality is all are in the same boat. they go to threads of other projects or areas and mock at the inertia or degrowth becuase some people may feel slightly motivated to advise (or mock) at other's failures, immaterial of how their own decisions have been. And ofcourse, even if one is bang on and took the right decisions to enter or quit, its really not cool to comment on other's positions. Just like for the overall RE sector time will tell who has been right or wrong.

As far as DEW is concerned, I see the light only as much as I see light for any other areas in NCR. I see that risk off investors exiting at whatever they get (if they get), risk on investing will return when the time comes (overall economic recovery, income levels and employment generating potential in the neighbourhood). With each incremental infrastructure development there may be incremental recoveries in price, (arrest fall), sentiment (enquiries, site visits etc.). But expect the place to get no fresh investors till the cloud over the NH* development happens. Metro work commencement (when it happens) will be an incremental driver. Till then expect the DEW to mirror the same sentiment as any other area in NCR. Nothing to feel good about, nothing to feel bad about either.
                  It's frustration dude that's all ..people getting older , families growing ,economic climate changing job market changing you know dreams being dashed etc etc

There is no accountability , no areas of true facts and lots of economically strutured vague responses statements , well meaning but still . I agree with your views but also I agree with my namesake Rohit Warren ..I think all maybe are well aware of my views on infrastructure development
                  Until this occurs there is no need for builders to build as no one can live properly anyhow so why would one build without sanitation healthcare transport water etc etc ..you know livability index ......., it makes no logical sense to complete a project where you can not live with the expectations people have today , esp when they were sold a dream when said people parted with their cash ..kaala paisa Waale excluded

Until infrastructure develops dew is negative equity all the way , people with new money would invest in establish locations , it's only natural . Builders politian all have made their money and honestly speaking I don't think they give a 2 shmucks about the public/investors money lives in reality etc ...bankruptcy law and all
                  Theory is different

And yes those on the front line ground forces hope they can keep doing the good work

Let's see what develops next 2-3 years
                  Last edited by Rohit1975; July 6 2016, 08:32 PM.

Comment

No houses have been demolished in NPV phase-1/sector -110. However one more patch of 700 meters of expressway has been made totally ready, just behind my house (in P block, sector-110). I was in India for 2 weeks and was running there daily morning so I know it. But nothing demolished so far. In fact this patch also stops directly in front of the house from where demolition has to begin.

cheers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rohit1975 View Post
                      It's frustration dude that's all ..people getting older , families growing ,economic climate changing job market changing you know dreams being dashed etc etc

There is no accountability , no areas of true facts and lots of economically strutured vague responses statements , well meaning but still . I agree with your views but also I agree with my namesake Rohit Warren ..I think all maybe are well aware of my views on infrastructure development
                      Until this occurs there is no need for builders to build as no one can live properly anyhow so why would one build without sanitation healthcare transport water etc etc ..you know livability index ......., it makes no logical sense to complete a project where you can not live with the expectations people have today , esp when they were sold a dream when said people parted with their cash ..kaala paisa Waale excluded

Until infrastructure develops dew is negative equity all the way , people with new money would invest in establish locations , it's only natural . Builders politian all have made their money and honestly speaking I don't think they give a 2 shmucks about the public/investors money lives in reality etc ...bankruptcy law and all
                      Theory is different

And yes those on the front line ground forces hope they can keep doing the good work

Let's see what develops next 2-3 years
                      If you have anything new to share please feel free to post them as updates. If not please come back in 2019.

Itnna vella time nahi bhai kisi ke pass reading same thing again and again over the time. Value add to the forum instead of changing verbiage and sentences with same meaning and making similar posts repeatedly which are of no use to anyone. After a certain time people will stop take your posts seriously.

Admin: is there a block or mute button to not see updates from certain people. We have lots of like minded people who would like to use such feature and save time on irrelevant posts.
                      Google "DXPWA" to join Association of Dwarka Expressway home buyers.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X