NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 1 hour ago
21709 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
    As far as investment returns are concerned, you see them as classes and not as individual pieces of assets. For instance, when you invest in a mutual fund and make 20% cagr, its doesnt mean that every share in the portfolio made 20%. It just means than the portfolio as a whole made 20%. this applies to all asset classes. If you have three properties one may have given below average returns or even (notional) losses, white the other two may give you better than average returns. this is how an investor looks at things.

Now an enduser has no choice, he uses his property and while he is happy about growth or even sad about de-growth of the capital value of his asset, he just has no option to sell and cash out his profit or sell and cut his losses. That's like family silver. This character of the RE market makes it resilient to knee jerk price movements unlike share markets or even bond or currency markets (at times). no matter what the theoretical price is, if there are no sellers then it just doesn't matter. the reverse is also true for a buyer.

The biggest problem with this thread is that we want to track the highway on a day to day basis, which is frustrating for everyone. We will need to align our hopes towards the realities this country has to offer. We have had land mafia, judiciary, political and beuracrcy doing their rounds progressively on the project. All this came to some pinnacle and now we seem to have some action going on. this is the slow phase, nothing visible happens until this phase passes by. Land negotiations, paperwork etc. you don't see the JCB's rolling on the morning after some minister announces a project.

I have realigned my personal expectations from the Deway to 2018 from 2017 due to the courtesy of HUDA, but the best thing that happend to DWAY was 2016 announcement of NH. So the hold up came as a blessing to DWAY rather than a bane. If all had gone well, then this project would have remained as a municipality controlled road forever suffering the neglect and nuisance of state authorities. So I am ready to sacrifice another 2 years of my expectations for this. I believe that the growth trajectory for the properties in this road has increased manifold now, relative to what it was 1 year back. Now if you want this visible from day 1 then investment field is not for you. You invest in hiddne gems that have a potential to grow multifold within an investment horizon. The dull RE market has wiped out punters for good. With punters have also gone short term weak players with no holding power. this is where the party ends. When assets move from weaker players to stronger hands, then they stablise, and then start upward mometum. This also coincides with general economic activity becoming stronger and rising incomes. So people who are invested in DWAY should hold out, they are on a NH not *paar.
    Non DEW squatters on this thread, please lay off and let there be discussion only about NPR which is a national highway, for God sake. Take your cries to some other threads or make your own threads of Naharpaar (or whatever!). Give us a break! We want to get meaningful discussion on only issues of NPR. We won't mind suffering your shenanigans after we have had some useful posts relating to issues of DEW.
    Cheers!!

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
      Hey you were supposed to name five decent builders of d eway projects.
      I am waiting for them

1. Shobha Developers
      2. Tata Housing
      3. Puri Constructions
      4. ATS
      5. Mahindra Lifespaces

Suggest you actually go there to se what is happening on the ground.
      The only reason the prices stagnated was because of the legal hurdles of land acquisition.
      If this road had already been operational, a large portion of the traffic on NH8 would have got diverted, and lesser jam/s
      At the same time, due to its location, people would not have bought apartments in far off places at the same prices if this road had been operational.
      There is a substantial amount of development waiting to happen as soon as the road gets cleared. I have got numerous proposals for investments in this area for new projects, which will already have all the clearances, but just awaiting the crucial decision about the clearance of the legal hurdle.
      If the 16th Aug lucky draw goes ahead as planned, without any further hiccups, then from what I gather, the Haryana side of the entire road might be ready by Dec'16 itself.
      Btw had heard that the non registered GPA/SPA holders had tried to go to court, but the case wasn't registered or turned down on technical grounds. The SC had already ruled such owners as illegal occupiers several years back, and won't admit a case for it again. The HC cannot give a verdict against the SC ruling. So these GPA/SPA are actually happy that they will get proper plots in a sector. The local politician who had been misleading them for so long does not have standing left, since now there is a base of only about 350 people, as compared to the much larger group of legal apartment owners.
      Delhi side acquisition work has already commenced...there's a lot that is done before the issuance of the notices etc, and that work has started.
      Keep a close eye on the 16th Aug draw.
      If it goes off well, then things will change for the better for this road, and hopefully we all can look forward to lesser traffic on NH8 after a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by samggn View Post
        1. Shobha Developers
        2. Tata Housing
        3. Puri Constructions
        4. ATS
        5. Mahindra Lifespaces

Suggest you actually go there to se what is happening on the ground.
        The only reason the prices stagnated was because of the legal hurdles of land acquisition.
        If this road had already been operational, a large portion of the traffic on NH8 would have got diverted, and lesser jam/s
        At the same time, due to its location, people would not have bought apartments in far off places at the same prices if this road had been operational.
        There is a substantial amount of development waiting to happen as soon as the road gets cleared. I have got numerous proposals for investments in this area for new projects, which will already have all the clearances, but just awaiting the crucial decision about the clearance of the legal hurdle.
        If the 16th Aug lucky draw goes ahead as planned, without any further hiccups, then from what I gather, the Haryana side of the entire road might be ready by Dec'16 itself.
        Btw had heard that the non registered GPA/SPA holders had tried to go to court, but the case wasn't registered or turned down on technical grounds. The SC had already ruled such owners as illegal occupiers several years back, and won't admit a case for it again. The HC cannot give a verdict against the SC ruling. So these GPA/SPA are actually happy that they will get proper plots in a sector. The local politician who had been misleading them for so long does not have standing left, since now there is a base of only about 350 people, as compared to the much larger group of legal apartment owners.
        Delhi side acquisition work has already commenced...there's a lot that is done before the issuance of the notices etc, and that work has started.
        Keep a close eye on the 16th Aug draw.
        If it goes off well, then things will change for the better for this road, and hopefully we all can look forward to lesser traffic on NH8 after a few months.
        Shobha please check their reputation in South India
        Tata housing their mumbai projects god knows when they would be completed
        Puri well it started from faridabad and one of the most notorious builder who charges huge amount at the end their projects in faridabad are delayed
        Mahindra struggling in their resort business so most likely they too are heading the way of other builders
        ATS no idea about them

So my dear friend it's more of the perception than reality.

Comment

Shobha please check their reputation in South India
          Tata housing their mumbai projects god knows when they would be completed
          Puri well it started from faridabad and one of the most notorious builder who charges huge amount at the end their projects in faridabad are delayed
          Mahindra struggling in their resort business so most likely they too are heading the way of other builders
          ATS no idea about them

So my dear friend it's more of the perception than reality.
          You write whatever you want, isn't it. It is the job of others to check the veracity of the tripe you'll write here. Just shoot and scoot, no? Sobha in south is not only considered demi-gods amongst real estate majors, they are also one of the most reliable and comparatively ethical builders delivering their projects well ahead of times. The fact that they ventured in the north is because they rightfully should want to ride on their positive image! (That's my conclusion based on logic). I am based here in Bangalore, so that much south!

Even if for mischief, at least bring in some credible info. We also know that DEW has managed to attract the nations worst builders so that you can have something to cheer (its another thing that it wasn't to be!). Shed your jealousy and join DEW. Believe me TATA, Mahindra, Sobha, ATS etc are better than Chhedilal Hukamchand Builders or Bhuramal Dahiya Builders who are famous in your locality!!
          Cheers!!

Comment

None of the posts are relevant for past 2-3 pages, people are talkin bout returns on asset classes, boasting bout dere investment know how, talking even numbers, comparison vid neharpar nd wat notThere are other threads for dese discussions, using fancy language nd calling each oder names vill not take this thread nywhere
            One person says something nd rest of dem just have to reply, i mean just have to. Please moderators do something else it'll b detrimental not only fr dis thread but if this become a trend den entire IREF vud crumble

Comment

Originally posted by seamless View Post
              You write whatever you want, isn't it. It is the job of others to check the veracity of the tripe you'll write here. Just shoot and scoot, no? Sobha in south is not only considered demi-gods amongst real estate majors, they are also one of the most reliable and comparatively ethical builders delivering their projects well ahead of times. The fact that they ventured in the north is because they rightfully should want to ride on their positive image! (That's my conclusion based on logic). I am based here in Bangalore, so that much south!

Even if for mischief, at least bring in some credible info. We also know that DEW has managed to attract the nations worst builders so that you can have something to cheer (its another thing that it wasn't to be!). Shed your jealousy and join DEW. Believe me TATA, Mahindra, Sobha, ATS etc are better than Chhedilal Hukamchand Builders or Bhuramal Dahiya Builders who are famous in your locality!!
              Cheers!!
              Chhedilal Hukamchand Builders - Bhuramal Dahiya Builders! Incredibly funny! Love it!
              Last edited by Malvish; August 14 2016, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by prateek1284 View Post
                None of the posts are relevant for past 2-3 pages, people are talkin bout returns on asset classes, boasting bout dere investment know how, talking even numbers, comparison vid neharpar nd wat notThere are other threads for dese discussions, using fancy language nd calling each oder names vill not take this thread nywhere
                One person says something nd rest of dem just have to reply, i mean just have to. Please moderators do something else it'll b detrimental not only fr dis thread but if this become a trend den entire IREF vud crumble
                Welcome to modern duniya where are all the Men and Gods? But well said. Let's all take heed. It's 2019 Ladies Gentleman and alternates
                Last edited by Malvish; August 14 2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
                  As far as investment returns are concerned, you see them as classes and not as individual pieces of assets. For instance, when you invest in a mutual fund and make 20% cagr, its doesnt mean that every share in the portfolio made 20%. It just means than the portfolio as a whole made 20%. this applies to all asset classes. If you have three properties one may have given below average returns or even (notional) losses, white the other two may give you better than average returns. this is how an investor looks at things.

Now an enduser has no choice, he uses his property and while he is happy about growth or even sad about de-growth of the capital value of his asset, he just has no option to sell and cash out his profit or sell and cut his losses. That's like family silver. This character of the RE market makes it resilient to knee jerk price movements unlike share markets or even bond or currency markets (at times). no matter what the theoretical price is, if there are no sellers then it just doesn't matter. the reverse is also true for a buyer.

The biggest problem with this thread is that we want to track the highway on a day to day basis, which is frustrating for everyone. We will need to align our hopes towards the realities this country has to offer. We have had land mafia, judiciary, political and beuracrcy doing their rounds progressively on the project. All this came to some pinnacle and now we seem to have some action going on. this is the slow phase, nothing visible happens until this phase passes by. Land negotiations, paperwork etc. you don't see the JCB's rolling on the morning after some minister announces a project.

I have realigned my personal expectations from the Deway to 2018 from 2017 due to the courtesy of HUDA, but the best thing that happend to DWAY was 2016 announcement of NH. So the hold up came as a blessing to DWAY rather than a bane. If all had gone well, then this project would have remained as a municipality controlled road forever suffering the neglect and nuisance of state authorities. So I am ready to sacrifice another 2 years of my expectations for this. I believe that the growth trajectory for the properties in this road has increased manifold now, relative to what it was 1 year back. Now if you want this visible from day 1 then investment field is not for you. You invest in hiddne gems that have a potential to grow multifold within an investment horizon. The dull RE market has wiped out punters for good. With punters have also gone short term weak players with no holding power. this is where the party ends. When assets move from weaker players to stronger hands, then they stablise, and then start upward mometum. This also coincides with general economic activity becoming stronger and rising incomes. So people who are invested in DWAY should hold out, they are on a NH not *paar.
                  Bala hey dude where have you been? But El Capitain - 2019 dude trust me.
                  Last edited by Malvish; August 14 2016, 12:00 PM.

Comment

my badge of honour is that the portfolio I manage gets 50% return every year and it;s happening year after year for decades - the irony is that I cannot do the same for myself now if you have followed any sane advice from a serious professional after paying the relevant fee you too would have doubled your re portfolio in 7-9 years .
                    hell with naharpar it's just a small area with only 50k dwelling units and there are already 30 40 k families living there it's only bptp floors and one or two other projects there are which are not delivered fully. that area was good for comparision three years ago now it has marched years ahead of d eway projects.
                    The problem is that on any social networking site or any forum you are what you project yourself to be. So people brag about their achievements and accomplishments and try to portray what they actually are not in real life. So my dear friend anybody who is that big a financial adviser,as you say you are, then you must be having hundreds of clients already dying to make crores using your acumen so why waste your time and energy in trying to preach a bunch of fools who have already on the verge of bankruptcy.

Go double, triple and quadruple the portfolios you maintain because that way you will actually be helping someone. And don't worry about what we think about you I am sure in the real world you must be having many who must be admiring you.

And you are right for a change you must actually advice only those who can afford to pay your fees.
                    Last edited by Malvish; August 14 2016, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohit1975 View Post
                      Welcome to modern duniya where are all the Men and Gods? But well said. Let's all take heed. It's 2019 Ladies Gentleman and alternates
                      Alternates from *****paar here come in 2019!
                      Last edited by Malvish; August 14 2016, 12:03 PM.
                      Google "DXPWA" to join Association of Dwarka Expressway home buyers.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X