• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/57755842.cms

Comment

Punjab & Haryana HC clears way for completion of Dwarka Expressway

The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) now aims to give the possession of plots by April 10Sanu Sandilya | ET Bureau | March 21, 2017, 18:00 IST

NEW DELHI: Clearing the way for completion of the long-delayed Dwarka Expressway, the Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday disposed off a petition against allotment of plots to the oustees who do not have proper property documents.

The Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) now aims to give the possession of plots by April 10.

The case relates to a petition filed in September last year by Satyendra Singh, one of the land owner whose land was acquired for developing Sector 110A in Gurugram to rehabilitate the Dwarka Expressway oustees, demanding alternative plot.

Singh alleged that genuine oustees have been denied alternative plots, while the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) had made dubious allotment of alternative plots to general power of attorney (GPA) and special power of attorney (SPA) holders.

HUDA administrator Yashpal Yadav feels with this judgement, all the roadblocks for the construction of Dwarka Expressway have been removed. "We will now allocate the plots and give possession before April 10," he said.

The oustees will have six months to vacate the structures coming in the way of the expressway, he informed.

"This is a positive development as allotment to the GPA and SPA holders was one of the major concerns hindering the completion of Dwarka Expressway," said Pradip Rahi, general-secretary, DXP Welfare Association, a body which represents home buyers from over 20 housing projects on Dwarka Expressway.

The association has also submitted an application seeking appointment with minister of road transport, highways & shipping, Nitin Gadkari to discuss the Dwarka Expressway issue.

HUDA had allotted 269 plots to expressway oustees through draw of lots between July and August last year, which included around 60 general power of attorney (GPA) and special power of attorney (SPA) holders from a pool of 465 applicants.

However, the Punjab and Haryana high court in October stayed the issue of allotment letters to oustees, who did not have original title deeds, while hearing a petition filed by Singh.

The high court had directed the HUDA to hear his plea on March 16 and settle the case as per the suitability of the applicant.

Around 14.5 km of the 18-km Dwarka Expressway, also called the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR), being constructed by HUDA, has already been built. The remaining portions in New Palam Vihar and Kherki Daula were stuck due to delay in rehabilitation of the oustees.

Huda has already given physical possession of alternative plots to oustees of Dwarka Expressway from Khedki Daula in Sector 37-C. And with the latest development, the possession to the oustees in Sector 110A will also be given.

NPR will connect Dwarka in Delhi and NH-8 near Kherki Daula in Gurgaon and comprise of many residential and commercial projects which are stuck in limbo at present.

http://realty.economictimes.indiatim...ssway/57754704

Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Decks cleared for Dwarka Expressway completion as HC disposes of plea

There were 9 cases which is now settled with Satender Singh case.

Huda agreed to formulate a special package or give alternative plots to the nine petitioners led by Satyendra Singh.

http://m.hindustantimes.com/gurgaon/...GRQiw8oRN.html
        Google "DXPWA" to join Association of Dwarka Expressway home buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by sharad75 View Post

Your info is solid. I am very happy to see that this project is moving ahead and given that even Pataudi road is a declared NH, new jaipur expressway also will connect via these sectors, any investment will be a really good one especially for our next generation. I have already picked up a 5bhk 4000 sqft unit in Tulip Ace at a rock bottom price 10 months back and got possession as well and every passing day it seems a great decision
          The entire focus is now shifting to the area to the west of the Delhi Jaipur railway line. Dwarka Expressway will be remembered as the Golden Expressway in another 2 to 3 years. Around 2 lac jobs will be created in the ECC, Dwarka. More than 2 lac jobs will be created in the Global City, Gurgaon. The Dwarka Expressway and 75 metre road running parallel to the Dwarka Expressway will also provide connectivity to the new Jaipur Delhi Expressway. We have governments in the centre and state who are determined to resolve all the issues. With elections due in Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi between Dec 2018 to April 2020, we will see all these major infrastructure projects expedited and delivered. For any infrastructure project, the main bottlenecks are land acquisition and funding. Since the new Gurgaon-Jaipur expressway is being executed by NHAI, land acquisition can be completed expeditiously. For the projects on NPR, funding is not an issue since funds are being provided by DMIC. Mark my words, very happy days will be there for Dwarka Expressway home buyers in another 2 years time. I have been receiving calls from brokers offering Dwarka Expressway apartment deals at distress prices. It clearly shows that many home buyers are getting scared and selling their properties at a loss. I would advise home buyers on Dwarka Expressway to try their best to hold on to their investments and not sell at distress prices. The party has just started and very happy days lie ahead.
          Last edited by EagleGaze; March 22 2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Eagle Gaze has given a very objective picture. I had always held the same view that DEW will be a "Golden Expressway" with Singapore-style infrastructure in course of time. We have to be patient as delay is usual for all infrastructure projects in India. It will be a very livable place with the best air, rail and road connectivity in the NCR in the near future.

Comment

• RobinDwight
              RobinDwight commented
              Editing a comment
              Agreed. Absolutely. After a little more visibility on DEW, the fence sitters would rush to get the apartments only to find it beyond reach. There is no other area in NCR that is poised like DEW with so well organized sectors and placed strategically in the economically well growing neighborhood and as of now, still the most affordable area! It is not an exaggeration that with the kind of developments in pipeline this would be the swankest 18 Kms in NCR.

3AAA notified for Dwarka Expressway.
            Google "DXPWA" to join Association of Dwarka Expressway home buyers.

Comment

• sharad75
              sharad75 commented
              Editing a comment
              What does it mean?

• highway
              highway commented
              Editing a comment
              sharad75
              It means power to acquire land, etc.

(1) Where the Central Government is satisfied that for a public purpose any land is required for the building, maintenance, management or operation of a national highway or part thereof, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare its intention to acquire such land.

(2) Every notification under sub-section (1) shall give a brief description of the land.

(3) The competent authority shall cause the substance of the notification to be published in two local newspapers, one of which will be in a vernacular language.

Ref: http://www.nhai.org/act1956.htm

Originally posted by EagleGaze View Post

Earlier the alignment was starting from Shiv Murti on NH8 and going via UER-2 adjacent to IG Airport and then turning towards Farrukhnagar-Manesar just before Najafgarh. However, given the high cost of land acquisition in Delhi and Gurgaon areas, it has now been decided that UER-2 and Dwarka Expressway will be the main feeder road for the new Gurgaon-Jaipur expressway. As it is, Dwarka Expressway has been declared a National Highway and most of the land acquisition problems have been resolved. Also, UER-2 is already being upgraded to a 100 metre wide super expressway to cater for the traffic requirements of the new Bijwasan Railway Station in Sector 21 Dwarka, New ISBT in Sector 22 Dwarka, new Exhibition cum Convention Center (ECC) in Sector 25 Dwarka and new Diplomatic Enclave in Sector 24, Dwarka. There is also a 75 metre road running parallel to the Dwarka Expressway. There are plans to extend the 75 metre road to connect with the new Gurgaon - Jaipur alignment through Farrukhnagar/Manesar. At the Gurgaon end of the Dwarka Expressway, a new Global City is being developed in 1300 acres in Sector 36, Gurgaon. The Dwarka Expressway area is going to be the most modern part of Gurgaon and will become the most preferable locality in the years ahead. Only thing needed is patience for 2 to 3 years.
            This is the same Highway i was asking about it's alignment 2 years back.

This Super Expressway has a great opportunity for investors who can not invest in Gurgaon due to HIGH cost.

Now they can invest to immediate outskirts of Gurgaon from where this highway is passing through.

If i am not wrong, this outskirt is very near to Gurgaon and Manesar i.e. Near Farukhnagar, Hussainka Gudhana and Sherpur.

Now people can have big farm land near Gurgaon at the cost of 2 BHK and that too bang on this super expressway.

This expressway will give the feeling of County Side living for the near by outskirt places as illinous and similar places gives in US.

i.e live in pollution free, big farmhouse living yet near to the metropolitan (Gurgaon).

Comment

Originally posted by highway View Post
              3AAA notified for Dwarka Expressway.
              As per my understanding of the National Highway Act, first a highway has to be declared as a National Highway under subsection 2(2). It is only on publication of such notification under subsection 2(2) in the Official Gazette that a highway becomes a National Highway. It is only when a highway is declared as a National Highway that the land can be acquired under section 3A. Here are the relevant sections of the National Highway Act. It is again my understanding that Dwarka Expressway has not been officially notified as a National Highway so far. I had filed an RTI in October to confirm the same. Here is the reply to the RTI (for some reason I could not attach the file). Therefore, can you please confirm if Dwarka Expressway had already been notified as a National Highway through a Gazette notification. If not, I wonder how can they issue section 3A notification for acquisition of land.

2. Declaration of certain highways to be national highways. - (1) Each of the highways specified in the Schedule [* * *] is hereby declared to be a national highway.
              (2) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare any other highway to be a national highway and on the publication of such notification such highway shall be deemed to be specified in the Schedule.
              (3) The Central Government may, by like notification, omit any highway from the Schedule and on the publication of such notification, the highway so omitted shall cease to be a national highway.

3-A. Power to acquire land, etc. - (1)Where the Central Government is satisfied that for a public purpose any land is required for the building, maintenance, management or operation of a national highway or part thereof, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette,declare its intention to acquire such land.
              (2) Every notification under sub-section (1) shall give a brief description of the land.
              (3) The competent authority shall cause the substance of the notification to be published in two local newspapers, one of which will be in a vernacular language.

I would appreciate if someone can come up with a different view on this issue.

Comment

Interesting bit of News and Views Coming up on DEW.

What is clear to me is that the Opponents of the DEW are Silent for past few days.

As PHHC has asked HUDA to settle the outsees as per State R&R, I was wondering why the courts didn't take notice of the fact that

" HARYANA GOVT was willing to Settle as per State R&R Policy for Outsees for a long time, its OUTSEES,

who have NOTHING TO LOSE, wasting time of Courts and HUDA and GOVT and delaying a Key Infra Project causing losses worth Crores"

Comment

Originally posted by Choma1 View Post

As per my understanding of the National Highway Act, first a highway has to be declared as a National Highway under subsection 2(2). It is only on publication of such notification under subsection 2(2) in the Official Gazette that a highway becomes a National Highway. It is only when a highway is declared as a National Highway that the land can be acquired under section 3A. Here are the relevant sections of the National Highway Act. It is again my understanding that Dwarka Expressway has not been officially notified as a National Highway so far. I had filed an RTI in October to confirm the same. Here is the reply to the RTI (for some reason I could not attach the file). Therefore, can you please confirm if Dwarka Expressway had already been notified as a National Highway through a Gazette notification. If not, I wonder how can they issue section 3A notification for acquisition of land.

2. Declaration of certain highways to be national highways. - (1) Each of the highways specified in the Schedule [* * *] is hereby declared to be a national highway.
                  (2) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, declare any other highway to be a national highway and on the publication of such notification such highway shall be deemed to be specified in the Schedule.
                  (3) The Central Government may, by like notification, omit any highway from the Schedule and on the publication of such notification, the highway so omitted shall cease to be a national highway.

3-A. Power to acquire land, etc. - (1)Where the Central Government is satisfied that for a public purpose any land is required for the building, maintenance, management or operation of a national highway or part thereof, it may, by notification in the Official Gazette,declare its intention to acquire such land.

I would appreciate if someone can come up with a different view on this issue.

Please recheck your facts. Notification has already been issued. Please read this newspaper article: http://realty.economictimes.indiatim...e-way/56979764

NHAI is not foolish to start issuing land acquisition notices under section 3A without following the procedures. The private land being acquired by NHAI in Delhi is very expensive and the private owners will use every possible legal recourse to stop the acquisition. Hence NHAI will be specially careful with the acquisition process.

There are many individuals who have a vested interest towards intentionally spreading negativity and falsehoods about DEW progress. UltiChakri was one of them. Just one month back, he was predicting that it will take at least 5 years for the legal issues to be resolved. Where is he now?
                  Last edited by EagleGaze; March 23 2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                  Working...
                  X