21863 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/gurga...w/60066339.cms

Comment

Work to complete remaining portion of Dwarka e-way to start in 3 months: Nitin Gadkari

Bagish Jha| TNN | Aug 15, 2017, 04:45 AM IST

GURUGRAM: The National Highways Authority of India(NHAI) will complete the remaining 8-km portion of the 28-km-long Dwarka expressway in next three months. NHAI had given the national highway status to Dwarka expressway, which starts from Shiv Murti in Delhi and ends at Kherki Daula in Gurgaon, a few months ago.

The 18.1-km stretch of the road is in Gurugram, while the rest is in Delhi. According to NHAI, it will have to construct 1-km stretch of the highway in New Palam Vihar and a 400-metre stretch in Kherki Daula village to complete the Gurugram portion of road.

In Delhi, while the 6.5-km stretch from Shiv Murti to Bharthal Chowk is part of Urban Extension Road (UER-II), which doesn't need to be constructed, the remaining 3.4-km part of the road from Bharthal Chowk in Dwarka to Delhi-Haryana border needs to be built.

"The detailed project report has been prepared, and we are going to start work to complete this road in next three months," Gadkari said, adding the road would improve connectivity between Delhi and Gurugram, and help reduce traffic load on NH-8.

Chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar said land acquisition for the Delhi portion of Dwarka expressway was completed. "Most of the issues related to this road have been resolved, and completion of the project will benefit new Gurugram sectors," said Khattar.

Gadkari also announced that Kherki Daula toll plaza would be shifted to Bilaspur. The project will make the entire stretch from Delhi to the Manesar industrial area toll-free.

"Following the state government's request, we have agreed to shift the Kherki Daula toll plaza to Bilaspur, which is around 8km away. The state government will provide the land," Gadkari said, adding that the NHAI would shift it in three months from the date of handover of land at Bilaspur. The panchayat has land along NH-8 at Bilaspur. The union minister has requested the state to acquire this land and hand it over to NHAI.

"Shifting of the toll would cause a loss of Rs 8 crore per day to NHAI, but we agreed to this owing to the state government's request," said Gadkari.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...9.cms?from=mdr
      Last edited by MANOJa; 4 weeks ago.
      Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

• highway
        highway commented
        Editing a comment
        please update the revised heading as changed in the main article of TOI

• MANOJa
        MANOJa commented
        Editing a comment
        Title revised .

DEW will see its completion within the current year. What a news on the day of independence day. Is it a rash statement in the light of so many unresolved court cases, or a firm determination to move ahead and complete the road.

Last edited by Tiger1; August 15 2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Bala2107
        Bala2107 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tiger1 I suspect its the former, a rash statement, not a resolve or determination. You should see the dismal condition to believe it.

• highway
        highway commented
        Editing a comment
        Incorrect news heading. The reporter apologised for error. The heading correction has been done in the web version of news.

Guys happy independence day! what we need independence from is the corrupt forces within. We are no longer threatened by foreign forces, its our government, politicians and our own misplaced sense of what is democracy, that is eroding our values and imminent threat to the heights we can reach.

I was staying in my flat at DG for 2 days over the weekend, and I am dismayed by the situation on ground. I dont really see any hope for the place in the next 18-24 months. I am not a customary nay sayer or pessimist. But no matter what this guy gadkari says, I have lost faith in what they have to say and what they can do on ground. There is no point if there is good intent or anything else. but they just cant deliver it. The development agencies just dont have the positive attitude to deliver. Everyone is intent to leech juice out of the system and scoot.

For eg. look at how bad this can get - They have closed the Chauma railway level crossing gate for some repairs for about 10 days, the bajghera level crossing is already closed for about an year, the next railway level crossing is further down the line near eurokids school with 15 feet approach road and with giant craters (not the usual potholes) with 100 cars from both sides the road gets jammed as each vehicle takes 10-15 mins to cross that 80-100 mts stretch. On the other side, they have not fixed the rural road connecting NPR with UER-1, the only road being bajghera road which connects with it after driving for 2-3 kms in potholed roads which even a scorpio would struggle.

I just cant imagine how they can just cut off a major portion of a city like this, is there no system of accountability, they collect thousands of crores in EDC and IDC, is this what its meant for? Guys forget following this road on a weekly or fortnightly basis, this is not happening in 1 year. I somehow wish that a magic want appears from somewhere and all this can fall in place in 24 months atleast, tlll then we are only kidding ourselves with development rumours.

Sorry to be a spoilsport to this blockbuster anouncement of gadkari, he is just a lose talker, but he is what he is supposed to be - a politician, its only us who are naive to cheer to such irresponsible and unintented announcement made from time to time by these malicious and incapable people to gain political brownie points. Its time to move on. really! I am sorry, really sorry for myself and all the people who own or have some kind or interest on DEway. Its not before 24 months that this place can be close to liveable.

Comment

• futuristic 7
        futuristic 7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Whatsoever you have written is Damn true..

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
      Guys happy independence day! what we need independence from is the corrupt forces within. We are no longer threatened by foreign forces, its our government, politicians and our own misplaced sense of what is democracy, that is eroding our values and imminent threat to the heights we can reach.

I was staying in my flat at DG for 2 days over the weekend, and I am dismayed by the situation on ground. I dont really see any hope for the place in the next 18-24 months. I am not a customary nay sayer or pessimist. But no matter what this guy gadkari says, I have lost faith in what they have to say and what they can do on ground. There is no point if there is good intent or anything else. but they just cant deliver it. The development agencies just dont have the positive attitude to deliver. Everyone is intent to leech juice out of the system and scoot.

For eg. look at how bad this can get - They have closed the Chauma railway level crossing gate for some repairs for about 10 days, the bajghera level crossing is already closed for about an year, the next railway level crossing is further down the line near eurokids school with 15 feet approach road and with giant craters (not the usual potholes) with 100 cars from both sides the road gets jammed as each vehicle takes 10-15 mins to cross that 80-100 mts stretch. On the other side, they have not fixed the rural road connecting NPR with UER-1, the only road being bajghera road which connects with it after driving for 2-3 kms in potholed roads which even a scorpio would struggle.

I just cant imagine how they can just cut off a major portion of a city like this, is there no system of accountability, they collect thousands of crores in EDC and IDC, is this what its meant for? Guys forget following this road on a weekly or fortnightly basis, this is not happening in 1 year. I somehow wish that a magic want appears from somewhere and all this can fall in place in 24 months atleast, tlll then we are only kidding ourselves with development rumours.

Sorry to be a spoilsport to this blockbuster anouncement of gadkari, he is just a lose talker, but he is what he is supposed to be - a politician, its only us who are naive to cheer to such irresponsible and unintented announcement made from time to time by these malicious and incapable people to gain political brownie points. Its time to move on. really! I am sorry, really sorry for myself and all the people who own or have some kind or interest on DEway. Its not before 24 months that this place can be close to liveable.
      Bala, he says work will start in 3 months.

Comment

• Khalsa
        Khalsa commented
        Editing a comment
        Shilac ji, i think Media is spinning and trying to grab the attention for Headline news.How can they complete in 3 months.He means work will start in 3 months.

• BRapria
        BRapria commented
        Editing a comment
        In last 12 months, Gadkari has stated it 4 times..... after 3 months...... after three months, Don't know when those 3 months will actually be there to start the work

• Khalsa
        Khalsa commented
        Editing a comment
        BRapria, Dew was a very complex and messy issue Gadkari, got. He is politician he has to say positive thinks when media people ask, that's normal. The good think happen to Dew was declare NH under NHAI,otherwise it was not easy project for Huda to complete.

Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
      And how long will take to complete ?

Comment

30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post
          Originally posted by Khalsa View Post
          And how long will take to complete ?
          Whenever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post

Not endorsing Gadkari, but going by his track record in Mumbai some 2 decades back ---- most believe he will deliver.

Even if current performance has to be seen , pl see how Hero Honda flyover has been built in no time !

But alas , most of us judge the City;s infra priorities or progress , merely by the road right in front of our house .

It is plain shortsightedness , encountering few bad roads and extrapolating that to the entire gurgaon Infra or the usual politicians accountability etc.

If you had visited Golf Course Road 3-4 yrs back , you would have wondered how Apartments ( Magnolias ) that were selling for 15 cr , had roads where water was knee deep right in front .

3 Months is an ambitious target , but then we are not used to fast track works by our politicians .

Hope you are proved wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by tarunraghava View Post
              30 years.
              More than that ..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
              Working...
              X