Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 57 minutes ago
21738 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

While DEW is taking a lot of time, probably last 12-18 Mths have seen most of the action. Also, i dont understand why people are singling out DEW when most of the real estate industry is in the dumps. Days of Real Estate being a investment to earn easy money in short time are over. In fact, now one needs to get in for long haul as the returns will come but only in long term. In fact, DEW is one with the most promise. And the best time to get into DEW. is NOW. The toll is definitely going by Dec end(to Bilaspur). That paves the way for DEW to be connected to NH8 as current agreements with the Toll operator prohibit alternate connectivity which impacts toll collection.Once the NH8 Connectivity is opened, with SPR functional and ROB functional, it will be a significant shift of the momentum upwards. Secondly, as we saw in the case of SPR, the patch got build after 6 months of plot allotment, similarly, the time of 6 months for NPR allottees gets over in Sep, Thirdly,the speed of work at iffco, Rajeev chowk and Signature towers is seen to be believed. Given the elections in 2019, I expect 12-18 months for full completion of Dew including the Delhi connectivity - could be a wider alternate route for Delhi side which still works.
    But Make no Mistake, despite all the doomsayers, DEW will be a solid destination in 10-15 years and they will regret it then as today's prices are at a throwaway rate.
    I till this date rue of not buying in Hiranandani estate in Thane when the rate was 1700 Psft in 2006 and it went up every year thereafter to over 11k today as everytime i checked the rates, I felt that its overpriced. One needs to look at the fundamentals and they are very strong for DEW

Comment

• futuristic 7
      futuristic 7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Already Started Regretting after reading it !!

ok
    Last edited by Rohit1975; 1 day ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sharad75 View Post
      While DEW is taking a lot of time, probably last 12-18 Mths have seen most of the action. Also, i dont understand why people are singling out DEW when most of the real estate industry is in the dumps. Days of Real Estate being a investment to earn easy money in short time are over. In fact, now one needs to get in for long haul as the returns will come but only in long term. In fact, DEW is one with the most promise. And the best time to get into DEW. is NOW. The toll is definitely going by Dec end(to Bilaspur). That paves the way for DEW to be connected to NH8 as current agreements with the Toll operator prohibit alternate connectivity which impacts toll collection.Once the NH8 Connectivity is opened, with SPR functional and ROB functional, it will be a significant shift of the momentum upwards. Secondly, as we saw in the case of SPR, the patch got build after 6 months of plot allotment, similarly, the time of 6 months for NPR allottees gets over in Sep, Thirdly,the speed of work at iffco, Rajeev chowk and Signature towers is seen to be believed. Given the elections in 2019, I expect 12-18 months for full completion of Dew including the Delhi connectivity - could be a wider alternate route for Delhi side which still works.
      But Make no Mistake, despite all the doomsayers, DEW will be a solid destination in 10-15 years and they will regret it then as today's prices are at a throwaway rate.
      I till this date rue of not buying in Hiranandani estate in Thane when the rate was 1700 Psft in 2006 and it went up every year thereafter to over 11k today as everytime i checked the rates, I felt that its overpriced. One needs to look at the fundamentals and they are very strong for DEW
      Very relevant & i agree, but the same Question is relevant to People hyping DEW for so many years now .

Hopefully, DEW would come good in a couple of years, but the question is that who would define "Couple of Years" . I personally know of so many frustrated People who had invested in DEW maybe 5 or 10 + years back ( actually frustrated is small to describe their state of mind ) .

............but, i do wish, things here start moving fast and end users can move in .
      Last edited by MANOJa; 1 day ago.
      Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post

Very relevant & i agree, but the same Question is relevant to People hyping DEW for so many years now .

Hopefully, DEW would come good in a couple of years, but the question is that who would define "Couple of Years" . I personally know of so many frustrated People who had invested in DEW 5 & 10 + years back ( actually frustrated is small to describe their state of mind ) .

............but, i do wish, things here start moving fast and end users can move in .
        True but the reason for People not able to move in is being attributed to Dew not complete which is not entirely correct. Look at Noida/GN/Even Golf course Road, SPR, projects are delayed - Take M3M projects, Parshvnath, etc. where the investors / End Users are suffering the same fate. In fact many have lost hope and money like with Jaypee.
        So overall, Real Estate and for that matter, entire economic environment is not the same like 10 years back. No longer can one find a job with a 50% hike or negotiate as you wanted, there is going to be a major contraction of Jobs especially in Telecom and IT. This will have cascading impact on Real Estate as well. DEW in my opinion can emerge as a bright micromarket in 12-18 mths but for an end user. Though builder issues will persist. I wont advice anyone to get into RE based on leverage unless you have a stable job outlook for next 10-15 years.

Also, People have been hyping up DEW but people who have invested without due dilligence need to blame themselves more than anyone else. People I know about 8-10 years back have invested in 4 flats where they have capability to buy 2 as they hoped to cashout much before. However, the tide turned and they were holding the investment with no takers. So pure greed drove them. However, lot of innocent people also got trapped which is quite sad.
        Nowadays, latest hype is South Gurgaon ie Sohna, and the proposed flyover has become a promise of uptopia. People who again invest without checking out the fundamentals will suffer though i pray i'm totally wrong
        Last edited by sharad75; 1 day ago.

Comment

Originally posted by sharad75 View Post

True but the reason for People not able to move in is being attributed to Dew not complete which is not entirely correct. Look at Noida/GN/Even Golf course Road, SPR, projects are delayed - Take M3M projects, Parshvnath, etc. where the investors / End Users are suffering the same fate. In fact many have lost hope and money like with Jaypee.
          So overall, Real Estate and for that matter, entire economic environment is not the same like 10 years back. No longer can one find a job with a 50% hike or negotiate as you wanted, there is going to be a major contraction of Jobs especially in Telecom and IT. This will have cascading impact on Real Estate as well. DEW in my opinion can emerge as a bright micromarket in 12-18 mths but for an end user. Though builder issues will persist. I wont advice anyone to get into RE based on leverage unless you have a stable job outlook for next 10-15 years.
          Thanks for replying, but it is fact that there is no relevant confirmed answer & i have been asking this /or a similar relevant question for many years now .

....................but as i said, hopefully DEW issues get resolved very, very soon .
          Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post

Thanks for replying, but it is fact that there is no relevant confirmed answer & i have been asking this /or a similar relevant question for many years now .

....................but as i said, hopefully DEW issues get resolved very, very soon .
            Manoj babu

The capitulation has started - I know that you are aware of the history of bankruptcy of banks in 70s - Now that is happening in real estate sector - it's was easy money for everyone and when something is too good to be true probably something is not right in there.

My back on envelope calculations shows that at least 5 lakhs dwelling units will never be delivered all over india - yes that includes 30% in ncr and worst effected would be noida and gurgaon - this means 50 lakhs crores of real money of common men getting lost and atleast 1 crore crores of hit to banks and buyers in next 3 years.

There is no solution this problem - government may try to takeover few projects under pressure of some lobbyist but that would be far and wide.

My worst fear is turning out to be true - Stock market crashes always on leverage positions and same is true for real estate as well.

The over all real estate markets will do good but only for ready to move real homes not the castle built in the air - I am still happy to buy anything ready to move.

All the hype in gurgaon market especially d eway was based on the assumption that there would be perpetual growth in the jobs of IT companies which never happens in any industry.

Still there is time for those who want peace of mind they can exit the under construction projects and move to something which is ready to use.

Comment

Originally posted by rohit_warren View Post

Manoj babu

The capitulation has started - I know that you are aware of the history of bankruptcy of banks in 70s - Now that is happening in real estate sector - it's was easy money for everyone and when something is too good to be true probably something is not right in there.

My back on envelope calculations shows that at least 5 lakhs dwelling units will never be delivered all over india - yes that includes 30% in ncr and worst effected would be noida and gurgaon - this means 50 lakhs crores of real money of common men getting lost and atleast 1 crore crores of hit to banks and buyers in next 3 years.

There is no solution this problem - government may try to takeover few projects under pressure of some lobbyist but that would be far and wide.

My worst fear is turning out to be true - Stock market crashes always on leverage positions and same is true for real estate as well.

The over all real estate markets will do good but only for ready to move real homes not the castle built in the air - I am still happy to buy anything ready to move.

All the hype in gurgaon market especially d eway was based on the assumption that there would be perpetual growth in the jobs of IT companies which never happens in any industry.

Still there is time for those who want peace of mind they can exit the under construction projects and move to something which is ready to use.
              Fairly good analysis.

Comment

I can see Ache Din Everywhere thesedays... Especially in Realty & IT sector..

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                Working...
                X