A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19772 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ssia01
    Hi,
    Greetings,
    I don't know the area earmarked.However from discussion on forum ,I could gather ,if it is on both sides of rail track ,it has to be Rel SEZ no 3.How I wish it is Rel Sez no 1,Kherki dhaula litigation will get resolved quickly.



    I think REL SEZ No.1 is totally litiagtion free bcoz I saw a lengthy boundary wall all along Pataudi road Ojust before Dwarka Expressway-Pataudi Road Intersection (Moving from Old Gurgaon to Pataudi ) . Some local guy was told us that Reliance was making money out of some sort of plantation in that area ( I didn't believe that bcoz as per Wikimapia there was nothing like that)

    Actually it is irrelevent whether ECC will come up on SEZ-1 , 2 or 3 , only thing is that it must be on Ground soon..

    Exhibition-cum-Convention Center is an additional reason now to invest along Dwarka Expressway ...

    :bab (48):
    CommentQuote
  • As already discussed when Reliance gave up the land - what use the HUDA makes of the surrendered land will determine the future of DEway.

    Frankly, SEZ is industrial and supports majority of poor people only. It is suitable for Manesar and Bhiwadi type of township.

    This Exibition ground - and other possible commercial uses of the land - will be much better for Eway and can raise its profile a lot.

    Of course, exhibition ground has to materialise first.
    CommentQuote
  • One comment Venky ji...after returning Land will come to HSIIDC and not the HUDA.
    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    As already discussed when Reliance gave up the land - what use the HUDA makes of the surrendered land will determine the future of DEway.

    Frankly, SEZ is industrial and supports majority of poor people only. It is suitable for Manesar and Bhiwadi type of township.

    This Exibition ground - and other possible commercial uses of the land - will be much better for Eway and can raise its profile a lot.

    Of course, exhibition ground has to materialise first.
    CommentQuote
  • Huda to fine contractors if e-way deadline fails

    Saw this article in H.T. today

    Huda to fine contractors if e-way deadline fails - Hindustan Times

    The Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) has threatened the contractors of Dwarka Expressway, also called the northern peripheral road (NPR), with a penalty amounting to 10% of the project cost if they miss the extended deadline of October 2012. The warning came after a Huda team led by administrator Praveen Kumar inspected the NPR twice in the past fortnight to take stock of the situation. The slow progress on the project, awarded to joint contractors — JSR Construction Pvt Ltd and Indiabulls Construction Limited — on April 1 last year, is a major cause of concern for Huda which had been pulled up earlier by the Haryana government for negligence towards contractors.
    After expiry of first deadline on March end, Huda had granted a six-month extension to the contractors. However, only 14 kms of the 18-km-expressway have been worked upon till date.
    “The contractors have not yet started the bituminous work despite repeated requests and if they fail to complete the project by October, 10 % of the project cost would be deducted besides further deadline of shorter period being set,” said Pankaj Kumar, chief engineer, Huda.
    “We had already extended the deadline by six months and warned the builder of strong action as the NPR is a major project of the Haryana government and a lifeline for the millennium city. We are closely monitoring work,” added the chief engineer. However, the contractors refused to comment.
    This is Haryana government’s widest ever expressway at 150 meters and connects Dwarka in west Delhi with village Kherki Daula in Gurgaon district on NH-8. Gurgaon sectors from 83 to 113 are poised to benefit once it is commissioned.
    CommentQuote
  • They still persist with the fantasy of the "150 M wide" road, when it is anything but...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Amit D
    They still persist with the fantasy of the "150 M wide" road, when it is anything but...


    Have you ever seen a document or can quote any statement that says HUDA announced that NPR will be 150m from its inception date. They are saying 150m because they have provision to develop it into one.

    so its humble request not to start 42m or 150m irrelevant discussion again.

    As from end user perspective, it doesn't matter to me whether NPR starts as 150m or not. All i want is decent connectivity to start with.
    CommentQuote
  • Saini Sahib, Aiyanvi aukhay ho rahe ho...

    I am a fellow investor (but will take possession).

    All brochures have said 150 M. It may not matter, but one should state facts. I am berating the builder lobby whose shiny brochures have uniformly advertised NPR as 150 M wide.

    You may feel that the discussion is irrelevant, that is clearly your prerogative.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Amit D
    Saini Sahib, Aiyanvi aukhay ho rahe ho...

    I am a fellow investor (but will take possession).

    All brochures have said 150 M. It may not matter, but one should state facts. I am berating the builder lobby whose shiny brochures have uniformly advertised NPR as 150 M wide.

    You may feel that the discussion is irrelevant, that is clearly your prerogative.


    Amitjee!!

    What you say is a very valid point. I keep a close track on the gurgaon RE market, but even I got to know only a month back that this is infact, a normal road and not a "SUPER EXPRESSWAY" as it has been potrayed by the builders/developers/brokers .. I didnt know because all my investments are around GCx area... and thats why the fact somehow slipped from my notice...


    Even the name of the thread says Dwarka Super expressway..!!! This is misleading the people who are lining up with their hard earned money ... There is no need for a 150 mts road for such small development ( only 2 back to back sectors) but yeah, there is definitely no need for spreading false rumors to sell new developments..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Amitjee!!

    What you say is a very valid point. I keep a close track on the gurgaon RE market, but even I got to know only a month back that this is infact, a normal road and not a "SUPER EXPRESSWAY" as it has been potrayed by the builders/developers/brokers .. I didnt know because all my investments are around GCx area... and thats why the fact somehow slipped from my notice...


    Even the name of the thread says Dwarka Super expressway..!!! This is misleading the people who are lining up with their hard earned money ... There is no need for a 150 mts road for such small development ( only 2 back to back sectors) but yeah, there is definitely no need for spreading false rumors to sell new developments..



    Totally agree with Amit D & u here .


    I have been pointing out this & much more from the last 1.5 years or so . This is just a small part of the story . Numerous lies lays scattered all over this thread & similar threads & truth has been sidelined & dumped for the sake of selling & cutting Bakras here .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by itsallhere
    Saw this article in H.T. today

    Huda to fine contractors if e-way deadline fails - Hindustan Times

    The Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) has threatened the contractors of Dwarka Expressway, also called the northern peripheral road (NPR), with a penalty amounting to 10% of the project cost if they miss the extended deadline of October 2012. The warning came after a Huda team led by administrator Praveen Kumar inspected the NPR twice in the past fortnight to take stock of the situation. The slow progress on the project, awarded to joint contractors — JSR Construction Pvt Ltd and Indiabulls Construction Limited — on April 1 last year, is a major cause of concern for Huda which had been pulled up earlier by the Haryana government for negligence towards contractors.
    After expiry of first deadline on March end, Huda had granted a six-month extension to the contractors. However, only 14 kms of the 18-km-expressway have been worked upon till date.
    “The contractors have not yet started the bituminous work despite repeated requests and if they fail to complete the project by October, 10 % of the project cost would be deducted besides further deadline of shorter period being set,” said Pankaj Kumar, chief engineer, Huda.
    “We had already extended the deadline by six months and warned the builder of strong action as the NPR is a major project of the Haryana government and a lifeline for the millennium city. We are closely monitoring work,” added the chief engineer. However, the contractors refused to comment.
    This is Haryana government’s widest ever expressway at 150 meters and connects Dwarka in west Delhi with village Kherki Daula in Gurgaon district on NH-8. Gurgaon sectors from 83 to 113 are poised to benefit once it is commissioned.


    Hi
    Greetings

    Bade sahib gusse main lag rahe hain..

    I think it would be rightful on the part of HUDA Administrator to act in accordance with tender conditions and should surely impose fine on the vendor. This should be regardless of the fact that Indiabulls has good amount of Congress Influence and possibly stake in ALL OF THEIR ventures.

    Even the quality of road had failed during the tests conducted by independent third party assessment by Sri Ram Labs earlier.

    This is indeed a prestigious state project though has already suffered a lot of setback due to litigation, High tension wires, non commencement of work from delhi side, no resolution to the railway ROB for east west connectivity, underpasses, Kheri toll connectivity with NH8 and approvals from NHAI etc.

    Till now whatever little work has happened has only been done on clear stretch of 9-10 kms or half the planned length.


    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    Totally agree with Amit D & u here .


    I have been pointing out this & much more from the last 1.5 years or so . This is just a small part of the story . Numerous lies lays scattered all over this thread & similar threads & truth has been sidelined & dumped for the sake of selling & cutting Bakras here .


    Manojajee!!

    That is true ... and i have stayed away from DEW as well.. not because I doubt ke DEW banegi ke nahi.. I am sure aaj nahi to kal banegi hi...but because it marred by issues like litigation, realignment, outsees, villages etc

    I am a compartively low risk investor..

    But ek issue ye hai ke people who invest in DEW knowing about litigation, do so at their own risk.. but i am not sure all people who invest in DEW, are they even aware that this isnt 150 mts?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    FOR ALL compartively low risk investors..

    But ek issue ye hai ke people who invest in DEW knowing about litigation, do so at their own risk.. but i am not sure all people who invest in DEW, are they even aware that this isnt 150 mts?




    FOR ALL compartively low risk investors..

    Sales wala koi bhi 42 Mtr bata ke nahin bechta. All show company websites and brochures with 150 mtrs, metro, brts, picture of airport, diplomatic enclave etc etc.

    This fact has to be found out by customer himself..

    Any update on the legal case??



    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Manojajee!!

    That is true ... and i have stayed away from DEW as well.. not because I doubt ke DEW banegi ke nahi.. I am sure aaj nahi to kal banegi hi...but because it marred by issues like litigation, realignment, outsees, villages etc

    I am a compartively low risk investor..

    But ek issue ye hai ke people who invest in DEW knowing about litigation, do so at their own risk.. but i am not sure all people who invest in DEW, are they even aware that this isnt 150 mts?



    I have had issues withe the wrong information being spread about the D e way . D e way being 150 meters from inception is one of them . Obviously, Brokers don't like me & other bringing out facts & that has lead to numerous arguments in the past .


    Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I ( & many other members ) have been raising voices against the artificial hype created here by a group looking for personal gains by feeding wrong/motivated information to the forum . There r posts in this very thread ( which r about 2 years or so old ), which insisted that D e way would be fit for living in the next 2 years or so . As more & more issues of the D e way got exposed & people stated realizing the numerous & daunting issues of the D e way, some of these guys changed their tune/stand to - " D e way would be livable in the next 5-6 years" . D e way has been compared to Vasant Vihar, the next Singapore & what not, here in this very thread .

    My concern is for the end users who may have got & r still getting influenced by the wrong & unrelenting propaganda being carried over by vested interests here . I can also understand the concerns & the force of the normal Investors to remain positive here . After all, it is human nature to defend, where one has put in his hard earned money .

    I have no issues with D e way & as somebody said, D e way getting operational would be good for the entire belt/region & i do subscribe to this theory .



    My best wishes to all the genuine end users & Investors of the D e way & i hope that all issues do get resolved at the earliest .

    ..........i would continue raising my voice & concerns against the Propaganda being carried .
    CommentQuote
  • Agree with the views of ManojA and St.Anger.

    I just put in an investment on SEC 109, LUMBINI TERRACE HOMES, after studying the area.

    Today's HT had an article about certain fine to be imposed on developer of DEW in case he misses the Oct 2012 deadline.

    What the article skipped was update on the Court Case.

    normally, for ROAD projects, Court Cases go in favor of Govt. Only it takes a longer time.

    Thats the only RISK, I think.

    Correct me if I am wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    I have had issues withe the wrong information being spread about the D e way . D e way being 150 meters from inception is one of them . Obviously, Brokers don't like me & other bringing out facts & that has lead to numerous arguments in the past .



    yes!! i do remember.. the accusations and the counter accusations.. the multiple ids and those below the belt remarks... and several bans!!!! :)

    obviously there definitely are some vested interested amongst some people
    w.r.t DEW here on IREF but at the same time there are a lot of real investors and some end users as well...
    CommentQuote