A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19897 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    yes!! i do remember.. the accusations and the counter accusations.. the multiple ids and those below the belt remarks... and several bans!!!! :)

obviously there definitely are some vested interested amongst some people
    w.r.t DEW here on IREF but at the same time there are a lot of real investors and some end users as well...

Yup. That's why perhaps , it needs more of a pros/cons analyisis while investing.Answer lies straighway , in front of us. it's just that , one needs to have an eye for details.
    The areas in DWay, near existing habitation, have appriciated the most! Chintal / Shobha launched around 3300 PSFT in start of year: '11 and now selling around 5600+ PSFT... whilst the other area have not appriciated that much...
    It's a clear example , the fundamentals : Existing infrastructure , proximity to existing habitation still upholds and really a crucial factor.

One could argue, what if , DEway would have come-up in time....well, especially in Indian Context, it's called playing blind!!! it could swing either way!

The only silver lining is: "Loads of End Users". Given people do start living in these areas, would eventually lead to the appriciation in prices and a thriving community in next 5-7 years time frame. To me, this is going to be a differentiating factor in long run!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by NewKidInTown
    Yup. That's why perhaps , it needs more of a pros/cons analyisis while investing.Answer lies straighway , in front of us. it's just that , one needs to have an eye for details.
    The areas in DWay, near existing habitation, have appriciated the most! Chintal / Shobha launched around 3300 PSFT in start of year: '11 and now selling around 5600+ PSFT... whilst the other area have not appriciated that much...
    It's a clear example , the fundamentals : Existing infrastructure , proximity to existing habitation still upholds and really a crucial factor.

One could argue, what if , DEway would have come-up in time....well, especially in Indian Context, it's called playing blind!!! it could swing either way!

The only silver lining is: "Loads of End Users". Given people do start living in these areas, would eventually lead to the appriciation in prices and a thriving community in next 5-7 years time frame. To me, this is going to be a differentiating factor in long run!

Very Balanced view. Takes the middle path, while also making a Strong case for DEW.

Playing Blind. Well Said.

:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    yes!! i do remember.. the accusations and the counter accusations.. the multiple ids and those below the belt remarks... and several bans!!!! :)

obviously there definitely are some vested interested amongst some people
    w.r.t DEW here on IREF but at the same time there are a lot of real investors and some end users as well...

I know, it was a pretty bad phase in IREF & i wish things would not have turned so ugly .

...........& i do agree, D e way is swamped with Investors ( that is in fact, true for most of GGN ) with a few of end users, here & there .
    CommentQuote
  • I asked same question 10 days back on this thread and lots of ppl defended saying that 42 mrt is actually 150 m road if we include "Side greens, dividers, service road, may be few near by building as well LOL)... According to them, 42 m is ACTUALLY 150 m road.... Amazing it is..!

Originally Posted by St_Anger
    Manojajee!!

That is true ... and i have stayed away from DEW as well.. not because I doubt ke DEW banegi ke nahi.. I am sure aaj nahi to kal banegi hi...but because it marred by issues like litigation, realignment, outsees, villages etc

I am a compartively low risk investor..

But ek issue ye hai ke people who invest in DEW knowing about litigation, do so at their own risk.. but i am not sure all people who invest in DEW, are they even aware that this isnt 150 mts?

Originally Posted by Amit D
    Saini Sahib, Aiyanvi aukhay ho rahe ho...

I am a fellow investor (but will take possession).

All brochures have said 150 M. It may not matter, but one should state facts. I am berating the builder lobby whose shiny brochures have uniformly advertised NPR as 150 M wide.

You may feel that the discussion is irrelevant, that is clearly your prerogative.

Originally Posted by rakeshp
    Again, out of 150 meters the road part would be 42. Meters only rest would be divider green area service road etc etc. same would be for 75 mtrs kuch part road hoga Baki etc etc. apne ghar ke bahar ki road naap ke dekho tape le ke or batao kitne meter ki hai isse idea lag jaega 42 meters Kitna hota hai

Originally Posted by vinaybhatia
    42 mtrs does sound less when compared to marketed 150 mtrs but most of the people don't know that planned 150 mtrs include metro corridor, green belt, service roads etc etc.
    42mtrs Road will be 6 lane at the least, and will be wider than avg width of NH8 (excluding toll joints).
    CommentQuote
  • Look at the positive side

1 Dway tender released- dealine oct12
    2 Road tender released - Work in progress on 60 and 75m road (Visit wikimapia)
    3. Some projects near to possession
    4. Projects being sold immediately as compared to other parts of gurgaon
    5. Brokers alone can not drive the price and demand
    6 Closeness to delhi is the main driving factor
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks. My POV inline -

Originally Posted by psambher
    Look at the positive side

1 Dway tender released- dealine oct12

Just another deadline.. Nothing new...

2 Road tender released - Work in progress on 60 and 75m road (Visit wikimapia)

I thought it should be either 42 or 150m... New sizes?? Is wikimapia so rialiable? I can edit this info and make it 15 mtr if I want. No?

3. Some projects near to possession

Feel pity about the end users. got the flats without connectivity promised.

4. Projects being sold immediately as compared to other parts of gurgaon

As a end user, do I really care?

5. Brokers alone can not drive the price and demand

Yes they can. Who else? Its broker/builder/investors sucking end user's money with incorrect/hidden info.

6 Closeness to delhi is the main driving factor

Agreed - given the connecting road becomes a reality before the flat being delivered for use.

CommentQuote
  • Details of the Dwarka Expressway / Northern Peripheral Road

Details of the Dwarka Expressway / Northern Peripheral Road
    Please refer the detailed Cross Section of Northern Peripheral Road provided in Tender document attached in the same thread for better understanding about cross section of Northern Peripheral Road.

Planned building Line of this Expressway is 210 meters i.e. 30.0(Green Belt) +150.0(ROW) +30.0(Green Belt).

Left Side of Median:
    2.50 (Footpath) +3.50(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+10.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Footpath)+15.0(BRT Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Median/Central Verge:
    10.0 meters

Right Side of Median:
    5.0 (Footpath) +5.0(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+13.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Other Services)+8.0(Metro Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Total ROW = 70.0 +10.0 +70.0 = 150 meters

If some of our IREF members are saying that 150meters have no meaning or no relevance then they are technically wrong. If planners of HUDA don’t allocate the various cross sectional features (future reservations) of roads for upcoming New Gurgaon (a Megacity) then it is a sheer stupidity in their part of planning. There is no doubt that 150 meter of Dwarka Expressway will be known to be the best master planned road of Gurgaon in future (only If HUDA manages ongoing litigation part intelligently). It is because of bad infrastructural planning due to less coordination between HUDA and DLF that still NOIDA is known to have better Master planned road network.

There is nothing wrong in saying 150 meter Expressway but technically there is no term known as Super Expressway, maybe Super word was added by some news agencies or by our South Indian friends (Superrrr) and it is goes on repeating by all. Either we have to say 150 meter Expressway or 3/4 lane Expressway. The reason of writing it again and again as 150 meter Expressway is because of widest known Right of Way (ROW) in India and there is no harm in projecting the uniqueness of this project.

As per the standard configuration recommended by Indian Road congress, National Highways should have 30-60 meter ROW, so one can imagine the importance of this road in near future and surely HUDA deserve applauds.

As posted by many real critics in IREF, until and unless full stretch of Dwarka Expressway will be materialized on ground these future reservations have no value in eyes of common man…till now status of 150 meter Dwarka Expressway from NH8 to Jaipur Railway line is most promising part of 14.0 kms contractual length.

To some extent plan for the worst has already been taken care by ongoing under construction of 60 m sector road in 100X sectors. Hope remaining 4.0 km of 18 km Dwarka expressway will be also sorted out very soon.

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/339586-post2380.html
    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/gurgaon/t-dwarka-gurgaon-super-expressway-northern-peripheral-road-6710-page160.html#post299108
    CommentQuote
  • Thanks for info... No doubt planning to OK hai... (Not great because I wish it was a 6 lane each super express highway with restricted access without footpath atleast... story of foot path in india is not a breaking news anyway)...

I also hope it becomes a reality which is not in sight at the moment as I said... Tarikh pe tarikh... tarikh pe tarikh naa ho ke reh jaye... The problem with end user is the access... !

BTW - what all is being built in this 42m?

Originally Posted by Designer
    Details of the Dwarka Expressway / Northern Peripheral Road
    Please refer the detailed Cross Section of Northern Peripheral Road provided in Tender document attached in the same thread for better understanding about cross section of Northern Peripheral Road.

Planned building Line of this Expressway is 210 meters i.e. 30.0(Green Belt) +150.0(ROW) +30.0(Green Belt).

Left Side of Median:
    2.50 (Footpath) +3.50(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+10.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Footpath)+15.0(BRT Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Median/Central Verge:
    10.0 meters

Right Side of Median:
    5.0 (Footpath) +5.0(MNV Track)+2.50(Footpath)+10.0(Service Road)+13.0 (Trunk Sewage Line) +7.0(Other Services)+8.0(Metro Corridor)+7.0(Footpath)+12.5(4 Lane Road) = 70.0 Meters

Total ROW = 70.0 +10.0 +70.0 = 150 meters

If some of our IREF members are saying that 150meters have no meaning or no relevance then they are technically wrong. If planners of HUDA don’t allocate the various cross sectional features (future reservations) of roads for upcoming New Gurgaon (a Megacity) then it is a sheer stupidity in their part of planning. There is no doubt that 150 meter of Dwarka Expressway will be known to be the best master planned road of Gurgaon in future (only If HUDA manages ongoing litigation part intelligently). It is because of bad infrastructural planning due to less coordination between HUDA and DLF that still NOIDA is known to have better Master planned road network.

There is nothing wrong in saying 150 meter Expressway but technically there is no term known as Super Expressway, maybe Super word was added by some news agencies or by our South Indian friends (Superrrr) and it is goes on repeating by all. Either we have to say 150 meter Expressway or 3/4 lane Expressway. The reason of writing it again and again as 150 meter Expressway is because of widest known Right of Way (ROW) in India and there is no harm in projecting the uniqueness of this project.

As per the standard configuration recommended by Indian Road congress, National Highways should have 30-60 meter ROW, so one can imagine the importance of this road in near future and surely HUDA deserve applauds.

As posted by many real critics in IREF, until and unless full stretch of Dwarka Expressway will be materialized on ground these future reservations have no value in eyes of common man…till now status of 150 meter Dwarka Expressway from NH8 to Jaipur Railway line is most promising part of 14.0 kms contractual length.

To some extent plan for the worst has already been taken care by ongoing under construction of 60 m sector road in 100X sectors. Hope remaining 4.0 km of 18 km Dwarka expressway will be also sorted out very soon.

http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/339586-post2380.html
    http://www.indianrealestateforum.com/gurgaon/t-dwarka-gurgaon-super-expressway-northern-peripheral-road-6710-page160.html#post299108
    CommentQuote
  • Centre may buy back Delhi-Gurgaon expressway

NEW DELHI: The Centre is considering the option of buying back the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway project in case there are no solutions to commuters' woes at toll plazas on this stretch. Once that happens, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) could make this stretch toll free and find a permanent solution to congestions at toll plazas.

Highways minister CP Joshi mentioned this while chairing a meeting of senior officials of Centre and Haryana government and a few private developers on Monday evening.

Those who attended the meeting told TOI that the minister said his office has been receiving complaints of expressway mess from commuters and even politicians. "Many from his home state, Rajasthan, who come to meet him also complain about the long jam at two toll plazas on the expressway," said a source.

On Tuesday, Joshi said that they would have no option than to buy back the project if the situation does not improve. Already NHAI has issued contract termination notice to the private concessionaire and the developer has challenged it in the Delhi high court.

"All our future moves will depend on the court order. If the situation doesn't improve even after the court order we may go for buying back the project. All our moves including serving the termination notice are to find solutions to the mess," Joshi said. He said there is opposition by locals who have to pay toll even when they use only a small portion of the expressway.

Sources said a top ministry official also told the minister that there is no provision of buying back the project in the contract agreement. "The official pointed out that NHAI has to terminate the project first before buying it back. The authority can find tens of flaws in any project to terminate. Then it can work out the compensation that NHAI has to pay to the developer," said a senior NHAI official.

Any option to buy back the project without terminating the contract could actually do more damage to NHAI, sources said. As per norms, the developer could raise a claim based on the calculation of the amount it could have earned from the toll collection during the remaining years of the contract period.

At present, the developer collects around Rs 160 crore annually from toll and there is about 12-15% increase every year.

TOI
    CommentQuote
  • Guess this article is for NH8 and not DEWay? NH8 has got two tolls...

Well its a good news indeed... thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by fritolay_ps
    Centre may buy back Delhi-Gurgaon expressway

NEW DELHI: The Centre is considering the option of buying back the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway project in case there are no solutions to commuters' woes at toll plazas on this stretch. Once that happens, National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) could make this stretch toll free and find a permanent solution to congestions at toll plazas.

Highways minister CP Joshi mentioned this while chairing a meeting of senior officials of Centre and Haryana government and a few private developers on Monday evening.

Those who attended the meeting told TOI that the minister said his office has been receiving complaints of expressway mess from commuters and even politicians. "Many from his home state, Rajasthan, who come to meet him also complain about the long jam at two toll plazas on the expressway," said a source.

On Tuesday, Joshi said that they would have no option than to buy back the project if the situation does not improve. Already NHAI has issued contract termination notice to the private concessionaire and the developer has challenged it in the Delhi high court.

"All our future moves will depend on the court order. If the situation doesn't improve even after the court order we may go for buying back the project. All our moves including serving the termination notice are to find solutions to the mess," Joshi said. He said there is opposition by locals who have to pay toll even when they use only a small portion of the expressway.

Sources said a top ministry official also told the minister that there is no provision of buying back the project in the contract agreement. "The official pointed out that NHAI has to terminate the project first before buying it back. The authority can find tens of flaws in any project to terminate. Then it can work out the compensation that NHAI has to pay to the developer," said a senior NHAI official.

Any option to buy back the project without terminating the contract could actually do more damage to NHAI, sources said. As per norms, the developer could raise a claim based on the calculation of the amount it could have earned from the toll collection during the remaining years of the contract period.

At present, the developer collects around Rs 160 crore annually from toll and there is about 12-15% increase every year.

TOI
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ajayrec
    Guess this article is for NH8 and not DEWay? NH8 has got two tolls...

Well its a good news indeed... thanks for sharing.

Yes, this is for NH8 & not the D e way .
    CommentQuote
  • Soon, tower with roads in Gurgaon

The writer has posted comments on this articleDwaipayan GhoshDwaipayan Ghosh, TNN | Jun 27, 2012, 01.47AM IST

NEW DELHI: The accident-prone Hero Honda Chowk would soon get a unique building like the Gate Tower in Osaka, Japan. Roads would pass through second and third floors of this building which would unclog the congestion at peak hours.

In case of the 16-storey Gate Tower, the 5th, 6th and 7th floors are occupied by an express highway — passing right through the building. While the floors in Osaka have been taken on rent by the Hanshin Expressway, in Gurgaon the building would be built by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).

As per the proposal made by the road transport and highways ministry, the government would allow a developer to build the tower and rent it out. "The developer will invest in the road project too and would recover the entire investment from rental," said a ministry official.

Director general (roads) C Kandasamy made this presentation at a meeting on Monday, chaired by highways minister CP Joshi, his deputy Jitin Prasada and Haryana PWD minister Randeep Surjewala. At present, there are two buildings in Jaipur — Sahkar Bhavan and World Trade Park — where roads pass beneath the buildings.

"Enough clearing space would be left for straight moving vehicles on the expressway. Those heading towards Jaipur from Sector-10 side or those from Hero Honda towards Delhi can take the elevated roads which will be through different floors of the buildings," said a senior official. The project can go to a private player who would quote minimum years of lease for these commercial spaces.

Sources said the project can easily take off considering the high demand and price of commercial space at a prime location like this in the NCR. Though initially the ministry was pushing Haryana to execute the project, now it
    has agreed to take undertake the work.

"Haryana has promised to give 23-25 clearances for this project. The chief minister has also agreed to exempt about Rs 50 lakh which it could have raised for urban development fee," said an official who attended the meeting.

Soon, tower with roads in Gurgaon - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rudder
    Soon, tower with roads in Gurgaon

The writer has posted comments on this articleDwaipayan GhoshDwaipayan Ghosh, TNN | Jun 27, 2012, 01.47AM IST

NEW DELHI: The accident-prone Hero Honda Chowk would soon get a unique building like the Gate Tower in Osaka, Japan. Roads would pass through second and third floors of this building which would unclog the congestion at peak hours.

In case of the 16-storey Gate Tower, the 5th, 6th and 7th floors are occupied by an express highway — passing right through the building. While the floors in Osaka have been taken on rent by the Hanshin Expressway, in Gurgaon the building would be built by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).

As per the proposal made by the road transport and highways ministry, the government would allow a developer to build the tower and rent it out. "The developer will invest in the road project too and would recover the entire investment from rental," said a ministry official.

Director general (roads) C Kandasamy made this presentation at a meeting on Monday, chaired by highways minister CP Joshi, his deputy Jitin Prasada and Haryana PWD minister Randeep Surjewala. At present, there are two buildings in Jaipur — Sahkar Bhavan and World Trade Park — where roads pass beneath the buildings.

"Enough clearing space would be left for straight moving vehicles on the expressway. Those heading towards Jaipur from Sector-10 side or those from Hero Honda towards Delhi can take the elevated roads which will be through different floors of the buildings," said a senior official. The project can go to a private player who would quote minimum years of lease for these commercial spaces.

Sources said the project can easily take off considering the high demand and price of commercial space at a prime location like this in the NCR. Though initially the ministry was pushing Haryana to execute the project, now it
    has agreed to take undertake the work.

"Haryana has promised to give 23-25 clearances for this project. The chief minister has also agreed to exempt about Rs 50 lakh which it could have raised for urban development fee," said an official who attended the meeting.

Soon, tower with roads in Gurgaon - The Times of India

Welcome back Ruder ji!!

Yeh back with a bang;) GATE TOWER JAPAN!!!

BALLE!!! Khyal bura nahin hai galib

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Welcome back Ruder ji!!

Yeh back with a bang;) GATE TOWER JAPAN!!!

BALLE!!! Khyal bura nahin hai galib

Cheers

BlessU Sir,

Now such news, even don't bring any giggle .... They can't build a damm road on earth, forget about the road passing a building...

I still can't belive, how could someone propose a road, where there are people living in, on the proposed path - Guess what, It could only happen in India :-)

Believe me , Tower banne main hi 5-10 saal lag jaayenge ...forget about the road!
    CommentQuote
  • Hi
    Greetings

Absolutely, sidhi sadak to banti nahin hai.. yeh tedhi medi building with road is just a dream.

On a serious note.. HCC and L&T if entrusted can provide techinical and financial viability of such a project.

Cheers
    CommentQuote