A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19762 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hello Venky,

Could you help me understand the source of such statistics (as quoted in your post below) as i would like to get such data for my own personal research/assessment?

Thanks,

T

Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Actually I had flagged this about 1.5 years ago as a opportunity - but markets proved me wrong - there is no demand for HUDA plots in central GGN sectors. Rates still 80K levels - very few transactions. Although in last 6 months, there has been a mild 10% or so uptick.

You cannot argue with market - arguing against market can bankrupt you in no time.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Tekzo
    Hello Venky,

Could you help me understand the source of such statistics (as quoted in your post below) as i would like to get such data for my own personal research/assessment?

Thanks,

T

Real estate doesnt have data - you need to do ground work. Doesnt work from armchair.

And you cannot diversify like in share market - most can afford maybe ONE plot worth 1.5 crores - and the investment has to work otherwise it is a dead loss of 10% per annum i.e 15 Lakhs per annum if your plot price doesnt move.

RE is all gut instinct. Which I dont have. My analytical approach works maybe 25% of the time - rest of the time (like stagnation in GGN in 2011/2012, stagnation in NOIDA due to oversupply) - lots of predictions did not pan out. Acting on such analysis is dangerous to financial health.

Better to study the market for many years and buy when safe and sure.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    When I started this thread, it was still gloom and doom of 2008-9. Everything was at a stand still in GGN. In late 2009 I had wondered why GGN forum was so quiet unlike NOIDA - AND WHY PRICES WERE LESS THAN NOIDA! (Yes, NOIDA was 30% more expensive than GGN in those days)

I had pointed out that GGN was an investment killing waiting to happen - perhaps not on this thread, but some other thread.

By early 2010, GGN was on fire and gave fantastic returns.

I unfortunately had no capital to gain from my prediction, but the prediction was right.

Cant believe three years have already passed since than time. Its been a learning experience. Hope I am prepared for the next such opportunity.

Hi
    Greetings

I can certainly vouch that this thread has attracted most no of members to post and most no of new members joined here in IREF including me. Its unfortunate that you missed it but hopefully your vision has been helpful to many. For you I may like to share something that may help you Perhaps

Intelligence, research, knowledge, wealth is useless without CONVICTION.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

I can certainly vouch that this thread has attracted most no of members to post and most no of new members joined here in IREF including me. Its unfortunate that you missed it but hopefully your vision has been helpful to many. For you I may like to share something that may help you Perhaps

Intelligence, research, knowledge is useless without CONVICTION.

Cheers

je baat aaj dono veteran jabardast mood me hai . aaj to kayamat aane wali hai. venky has been on a roll across several threads and now blessu bhai is joining the party.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bikumatre
    je baat aaj dono veteran jabardast mood me hai . aaj to kayamat aane wali hai. venky has been on a roll across several threads and now blessu bhai is joining the party.

Stuck in office with rains outside, car in a pool of water - it is not just GGN which collapses when it rains, Delhi is no better - and so some time for IREF. Otherwise, things are too busy nowadays.
    CommentQuote
  • I am unable to send PM to anyone.
    Can anyone help ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by gurpreet20
    I am unable to send PM to anyone.
    Can anyone help ?

You require a post count of 10 to PM . This is to help combat brokers signing up and messaging members off the bat, which we have received complaints on, and signature spammers. Also, after your post count reaches 10+, it generally takes 8 to 16 hours, for the activating PM's for new members .

Please be patient, if u still have problems say, after the next 12 to 16 hours or so, please post again .

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/183-rent-or-buy?p=116439#post116439
    CommentQuote
  • hats off to moderators

Nice to see that moderators read and reply to each query... hats off to you guys...

I have been on many other forums (mostly technical) but IREF is the best example of how online forum should be run...

Originally Posted by MANOJa
    You require a post count of 10 to PM . This is to help combat brokers signing up and messaging members off the bat, which we have received complaints on, and signature spammers. Also, after your post count reaches 10+, it generally takes 8 to 16 hours, for the activating PM's for new members .

Please be patient, if u still have problems say, after the next 12 to 16 hours or so, please post again .

https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/183-rent-or-buy?p=116439#post116439
    CommentQuote
  • A few more sectors on the way.....

This info may have been shared earlier in the forum, since I did not come across sharing it here.....

GURGAON: Gurgaon has many names. For some it's Millennium City, for others Silicon Valley of India. But Master Plan 2031 has shattered the city's dreams of acquiring another name for itself, SEZ capital of India.

While Master Plan 2021, which was published in 2007, conceptualized new development around special economic zones (SEZs) in Gurgaon and Manesar, the term has disappeared altogether from the latest draft of Master Plan 2031. As a result, the new master plan drastically cuts proposed area for urbanization to 32,408 hectares from 37,069 hectares in master plan 2021. This despite the fact that projected population in the new master plan has been increased to 41.65 lakh from 37 lakh in plan for 2021.

While most of the area demarcated as special economic zone (SEZ) in earlier plan was proposed to be developed by Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), it has now been converted to agricultural zone. Earlier this year, the state government had decided to take back 1,383 acres land from RIL as it failed to implement the SEZ project.

Similarly, a major chunk of land on the northern side of Pataudi Road has been converted to residential and commercial zone. New sectors — 95A, 95B, 89A, 89B, 88A, 88B and 99A — have been proposed in this area covering villages like Wazirpur, Hayatpur, Mohammedpur, Garouli Khurd, Garouli Kalan and Harsaru. Interestingly, villagers from these areas claim that a lot of real estate developers have already purchased land from them.

In 2007, the state had proposed to develop as many as 60 SEZs in Gurgaon district. Five of these SEZs were in the category of multi-products/services while 36 belonged to IT/ ITeS. A few of the mega SEZs included the HSIIDC-RIL joint venture that was to urbanize over 25,000 acres of land. This was when the state government had approved a plan to transfer nearly 34% of Gurgaon's agricultural land to SEZs.

The Master Plan 2021 talked about providing additional connectivity with Delhi through roads like the 150-metre wide Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) and 90-metre wide Southern Peripheral Road (SPR). It also included three major roads connecting Delhi and Gurgaon like Vasant Kunj to MG Road, among others.

Similarly, Master Plan 2025 proposed a Transport Nagar spread across 28 hectares in Sector 33. This was to be developed by HUDA. A container depot had also been proposed adjoining Delhi-Rewari railway line. A Mass Rapid Transit System Corridor (MRTSC) along the NPR was proposed. Another MRTSC was proposed along Mehrauli road to extending up to the proposed 90-metre link road with Delhi via Gwalpahari. The 2025 plan suggested realignment of Badshahpur Nala that runs along Sector 58 and 67.

The latest plan has approximately 50 hectares reserved for wholesale markets of building material, grain and vegetable market in Sector 99-A, on the northern side of railway line along newly proposed 75 metre-wide road. Also, a nearby area of 40 hectares has been reserved for idle parking where heavy vehicles can be parked. The changes in the master plans between 2025 and 2031 look substantial only on paper as emphasis has been put on developing the infrastructure to keep pace with the explosive growth of the city.

It's not the economy, stupid! - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • Dew is definitely over-priced and only god knows the real fate of it...
    however, how is the resale biz in this area?
    CommentQuote
  • How is Hertiage Maxx in Sec 102. Anyone booked it or looking for it. Looks good though but 6049 seems costly. But Gurgaon always proved me wrong, whichever property I left thinking its costly, it has crossed that barrier in few months.
    CommentQuote
  • Problem is that govt. is hand in glove with builders. If alignment of NPR was done 1 km away from the present one ; then it would not have faced so may petitions. But because builders had bought those land ; the present alignment was chosen.
    CommentQuote
  • Just had word with someone known to that area. As per him the agreed solution between HUDA and resident came as some directional change of NPR at disputed area. This means some diversion will be there and new route will be decided in few days. As the residents around 150 families not ready to vacate the area.
    CommentQuote
  • Please quote where you have got this news from , IF at all that source is credible enough or not , These stories are coming everyday , but nothing concrete can be seen as of now , Baaki dhuaan wahi nikalta hai jaha aag hoti hai......
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    Please quote where you have got this news from , IF at all that source is credible enough or not , These stories are coming everyday , but nothing concrete can be seen as of now , Baaki dhuaan wahi nikalta hai jaha aag hoti hai......

dwarka expressway me aag lage , ya paani chade or bhallji ko sabse pehle khabar na ho, yeh nammumkin hai jaani .
    CommentQuote