Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 5 hours ago
21883 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

There was a celebration in the forum, when tenders were announced . Expect another one, when tenders r awarded, but hope that u r alive, when the expressway is finally completed .

Originally posted by ggnkaaadmi View Post
    So, just on the basis of tender if someone says that it will be completed in an year? I would love to drink whatever that person drank before stating such a thing. Why I keep giving examples of KMP is because you can consider it a benchmark in Haryana and something which you can compare with. It was as hyped as dwarka e way if not more. You will know how we roll in Haryana when it comes to building expressways on time. Read this thread and you will know with how much fanfare KMP's arrival was announced in 2006 with completion date of 2009 : KMP Expressway | Kundli-Manesar-Palwal | 135 Kms | U/C - SkyscraperCity . Infact work had also started on time. Now we are in year 2011 with phase 1 inaugration a couple of months away if everything goes smooth.
    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
      There was a celebration in the forum, when tenders were announced . Expect another one, when tenders r awarded, but hope that u r alive, when the expressway is finally completed .
      In a perfect world expressway will be completed on time; areas of new palam vihar (from where eway passes) will be legalized and people will get compensation; properties like skyz, ILD, BPTP near eway will become 10,000 psft; all investors will become rich and champagne will flow like water(sea water since taps are always dry). I am happy that I am not as delirious as people who are already part of such a perfect world.

Comment

LOL . Perfect dream . Dream on, no harm in doing that .

Originally posted by ggnkaaadmi View Post
        In a perfect world expressway will be completed on time; areas of new palam vihar (from where eway passes) will be legalized and people will get compensation; properties like skyz, ILD, BPTP near eway will become 10,000 psft; all investors will become rich and champagne will flow like water(sea water since taps are always dry). I am happy that I am not as delirious as people who are already part of such a perfect world.

Comment

NH8 also took time in construction, but the appreciation of property never went down. DLF - 2 was 1k when alloted in late ninties. Now 1.5 lac/Yard.

In DE, Return would never go negitive. but rate would be slow depending on progress of the same.

Comment

U misunderstood, they can be negative considering that u put the money in an FD & the money put in this investment gives u a lower return than the FD interest, the effective appreciation is negative . I hope, i made myself clear now .

Comment

Originally posted by harpreetsg_delhi View Post
              NH8 also took time in construction, but the appreciation of property never went down. DLF - 2 was 1k when alloted in late ninties. Now 1.5 lac/Yard.

In DE, Return would never go negitive. but rate would be slow depending on progress of the same.
              That is true with almost every property. Rates rarely become negative. But rates can become stagnant for a long long time and money can get stuck in such instances. If you calculate inflation over that period of time and interests which you lose by not investing it somewhere else, it's a losing situation rather than a winning one.
              Besides DLF overnight didn't go to 1.5 lac/yd. I am not averse to investing in D e way but yes, you have to choose your entry point carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by MANOJa View Post
                U misunderstood, they can be negative considering that u put the money in an FD & the money put in this investment gives u a lower return than the FD interest, the effective appreciation is negative . I hope, i made myself clear now .
                Exactly what I was trying to point out.

Comment

Centrum park

IB has increased the price of centrum park project sector-103 from 3600 to 4500. I was astonished to see the news today.

I have not heard this type of return any where. Looks like Dway tender will be awarded soon. Builder may have soem internal news.
                  Last edited by psambher; March 13 2011, 08:28 PM. Reason: location

Comment

Two different school of thoughts here.

1. Eway will see the green light in next 6 mnths and the construction will see good progress.
                    2. Eway will take years to see the light and contruction will take 6-8 yrs to complete.

Only time will tell which one will trun out to be true. But this is a fact that in last 6 months, eway projects have given more ROI to investors than NH8 projects and I think this will continue for next few years with some inflow of positive news like court case progress, construction start, launch of Sobha etc etc
                    Last edited by vinaybhatia; March 13 2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

3600--->4500 , i guess IB would have launched new luxury project

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X