A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • janta janardhan... kripya koi yeh batayega ki which parts of the NPR will be ready by when? Also, is there a map version of the NPR that depicts what is under litigation / dispute?
    CommentQuote
  • I'm seeing in this thread a lot of chatter about government change and new government going to scrap the highway. Noway its gonna happen
    builders doesnt relate to any government all of them have contacts with other governments too.

There is lot of area still needs to be developed in DEW.So everybody will get there pie. They will alter the master plan and new sectors will come up like this.

But one thing for sure if chautalla comes thne definately there will be some solution to ligitation one way or other. guy have more backbones annd guts than hooda despite belonging to same cast.

So if chautalla comes than expect bulldozers in no time over anything tat comes in a way and everybody will take land or flats it wont be unfair because he will give good share to land owners too.But he will do something tats for sure and im saying this despite being a hooda supporter. Hooda is too weaka person
    CommentQuote
  • I don't think the expressway can be scrapped given the amount of money that has been pumped in this region.I think that members of this forum ( including me) who have invested or are planning to invest along the expressway must make a concerted effort to find out what is happening on the ground. For eg an eminent broker told me that one of the casualties of the probable change in alignment would be the upcoming/proposed project by TATA Housing in Sector 113. Maybe we could start by validating this information.
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by chiragn
    In my interaction with various stake holders over the last one month there has been some chatter about the possibility of the alignment of the expressway being changed to accommodate existing land owners in some pockets and expedite the completion of the expressway.Would appreciate feedback of fellow members on the same and if it is true which sectors/projects would be favourably/adversely affected...

Lot of discussions had already been happen regarding changing of alignment hence this  is out of scene and not validate more in present scenario the only possibility is to reduce the width of NPR and pass through nearby clear area. 

Now election is around 1 1/2 year away so in my opinion govt shall refrain for any unpopular move like demolition of houses or forcibly acquisition.  Till 2015 I don't foreseen any tough decision would taken only after that we may see some positive news regarding resolution on hurdles. 

As far as INLD coming into power and it's impact on NPR is concerned than I am cautious about this situation since when you openly announce your disregard of any project than it would quite difficult to revert back, as I have already clarified that in politics everything is possible than I wouldn't be surprise if new govt turn positive. 

During Mayawati regime some prominent projects of Reliance get cancelled than now same thing happening with Jaypee group. If anyone remember than in AP during YSR regime some company running over sky are now down to earth since hundreds of project get cancelled by same party govt  when leadership change. So I am not quite optimistic under any circumstances if INLD comes in power. 

CommentQuote
  • Future of Sai Kunj and New Palam Vihar Phase 2

Hi Guys, Recently I have been to new palam vihar and met few property dealers to buy plot, there are couple of options in Sai Kunj (40 feet road, right of police post) and L blocks which comes in perhaps phase 1. Vacant plots of Sai Kunj are under acquisition by Huda to rehabilitate displaced families of phase 2 due to espressway, is that true, what will happen to existing resident of Sai Kunj, is it true that vacant plots will be used by Huda for rehabilitation, which part of new palam vihar can be considered safe today, let us know your thoughts, thanks.
    CommentQuote
  • In today's HT there is bad news regarding NPR. I am not able to upload on thread,kindly anyone do the same in favor.
    CommentQuote
  • Were you talking about below news?

NPR delay leaves realtors, homebuyers worried
    The delay in the completion of the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) is causing financial loss to thousands of homebuyers and real estate developers who have invested their money in projects along the multi-crore project.

The investors will have to wait at least three years to reap the benefit of the much-hyped corridor. Scores of projects are coming up here. "The buyers and builders are worried as overall value of the land and flats along NPR has gone down in the past two years," said a member of the National Real Estate Developers' Council (NAREDCO). The decline of land value has burnt a hole in the pockets of real estate players.

The 18-km road, also known as the Dwarka Expressway, is likely to be completed by April 2015. According to the latest project status report submitted to the state government by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda), the completion of the stretch in 2015 will be subject to vacation of stay order on some portion and allotment of alternative plots to the people likely to be displaced from its 4-km stretch in New Palam Vihar and elsewhere.
    The NPR is being built under the public-private partnership (PPP) model and will provide connectivity between Dwarka and NH-8 at Kherki Daula. About 200 residential and commercial projects are coming up along the stretch.
    At present, out of the total length of 18 km, work is underway on 14-km stretch. The project report says the construction work on the 14-km stretch is slow as only 8-km portion is ready with bituminous work. The project has already missed its earlier deadline. The stretch was supposed to be completed by March last year and the total 18-km road by end of 2012. Huda, later on, extended the deadline to December 31, 2012 and end of 2013, respectively.
    Investors are now worried about the project. Amit Bhatia, a resident of Sushant Lok who has invested in a housing project in Sector 85 along NPR, said, "I have been closely following the development related to the construction of NPR ever since I invested in the project in early 2012. The developer is ready to deliver the apartment by the end of this year. But I'm worried about the completion of NPR which looks far from completion."
    The Huda report does not mention, unfortunately, about penalty on the contractors responsible for the delay on the 14-km stretch.
    JSR Construction Private Limited and India Bulls Construction Ltd are jointly constructing the 14-km stretch.
    A sum of about R28 crore has been spent till date out of total estimated cost of R57 crore.
    Pankaj Kumra, chief engineer, Huda refused to comment on the delay when contacted by the Hindustan Times.

The construction work is hampered by several reasons including legal cases against the land acquired by Huda for the project. Several cases are pending in the court.

NPR delay leaves realtors, homebuyers worried - Hindustan Times
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arunaggarwal
    Were you talking about below news?

NPR delay leaves realtors, homebuyers worried
    The delay in the completion of the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) is causing financial loss to thousands of homebuyers and real estate developers who have invested their money in projects along the multi-crore project.

The investors will have to wait at least three years to reap the benefit of the much-hyped corridor. Scores of projects are coming up here. "The buyers and builders are worried as overall value of the land and flats along NPR has gone down in the past two years," said a member of the National Real Estate Developers' Council (NAREDCO). The decline of land value has burnt a hole in the pockets of real estate players.

The 18-km road, also known as the Dwarka Expressway, is likely to be completed by April 2015. According to the latest project status report submitted to the state government by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda), the completion of the stretch in 2015 will be subject to vacation of stay order on some portion and allotment of alternative plots to the people likely to be displaced from its 4-km stretch in New Palam Vihar and elsewhere.
    The NPR is being built under the public-private partnership (PPP) model and will provide connectivity between Dwarka and NH-8 at Kherki Daula. About 200 residential and commercial projects are coming up along the stretch.
    At present, out of the total length of 18 km, work is underway on 14-km stretch. The project report says the construction work on the 14-km stretch is slow as only 8-km portion is ready with bituminous work. The project has already missed its earlier deadline. The stretch was supposed to be completed by March last year and the total 18-km road by end of 2012. Huda, later on, extended the deadline to December 31, 2012 and end of 2013, respectively.
    Investors are now worried about the project. Amit Bhatia, a resident of Sushant Lok who has invested in a housing project in Sector 85 along NPR, said, "I have been closely following the development related to the construction of NPR ever since I invested in the project in early 2012. The developer is ready to deliver the apartment by the end of this year. But I'm worried about the completion of NPR which looks far from completion."
    The Huda report does not mention, unfortunately, about penalty on the contractors responsible for the delay on the 14-km stretch.
    JSR Construction Private Limited and India Bulls Construction Ltd are jointly constructing the 14-km stretch.
    A sum of about R28 crore has been spent till date out of total estimated cost of R57 crore.
    Pankaj Kumra, chief engineer, Huda refused to comment on the delay when contacted by the Hindustan Times.

The construction work is hampered by several reasons including legal cases against the land acquired by Huda for the project. Several cases are pending in the court.

NPR delay leaves realtors, homebuyers worried - Hindustan Times

Thanks for uploading!!

This clearly evident that NPR is now going to delay for prolong or indefinite period till the solution on legal cases not made. I also heard from market buzz that so far HUDA has not able to acquire any land (or adequate land) in sector 110a for rehabilitation of outsees that's why they are thinking now to provide them builder flats, which last week refused by litigants (published in news paper).

As I retreated that solution of legal cases should be worked-out through only mutual understanding otherwise this issue never be resolved. On another side the work on ROB and flyovers must be initiated for sake of proving the seriousness of authority on constructing NPR.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by DS1970
    Thanks for uploading!!

This clearly evident that NPR is now going to delay for prolong or indefinite period till the solution on legal cases not made. I also heard from market buzz that so far HUDA has not able to acquire any land (or adequate land) in sector 110a for rehabilitation of outsees that's why they are thinking now to provide them builder flats, which last week refused by litigants (published in news paper).

As I retreated that solution of legal cases should be worked-out through only mutual understanding otherwise this issue never be resolved. On another side the work on ROB and flyovers must be initiated for sake of proving the seriousness of authority on constructing NPR.

why huda report did not say anything about khekri daula connectivity to NH 8. thats should be simple and quick than NPV litigation. Atleast road until sec 37 can be made operational. and with a manned railway crossing until sector 104-105 can be operational giving a flip and hope to property prices on Dew and build pressure on NPV unauthorized plot owners.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by teen_patti
    why huda report did not say anything about khekri daula connectivity to NH 8. thats should be simple and quick than NPV litigation. Atleast road until sec 37 can be made operational. and with a manned railway crossing until sector 104-105 can be operational giving a flip and hope to property prices on Dew and build pressure on NPV unauthorized plot owners.

Kherki daula is also under litigation and road can’t be passed through NH8 to Dwarka expressway the only possibility is to use existing road till the matter not get resolved. There is no tactic to build the pressure on land/house owners since they are enjoying the stay order till HUDA not come-back with Rehabilitation policy as per their expectation (as directed by HC). So at present there is no solution foreseen and even in near future unless HUDA initiate and start convincing the outsees with better rehabilitation package.
    CommentQuote
    Kherki daula is also under litigation and road can’t be passed through NH8 to Dwarka expressway the only possibility is to use existing road till the matter not get resolved. There is no tactic to build the pressure on land/house owners since they are enjoying the stay order till HUDA not come-back with Rehabilitation policy as per their expectation (as directed by HC). So at present there is no solution foreseen and even in near future unless HUDA initiate and start convincing the outsees with better rehabilitation package.

Khekri daula is not mentioned in HUDA status report . any reason why??

Pressure i mean if one end of the road is running then for public good you cannot obstruct right of way. after all whole NPV is not authorised huda colony. Greed is the reason why litigation is going on..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by teen_patti
    Khekri daula is not mentioned in HUDA status report . any reason why??

Pressure i mean if one end of the road is running then for public good you cannot obstruct right of way. after all whole NPV is not authorised huda colony. Greed is the reason why litigation is going on..

If litigation of Kherki Daula is not in status report than it might get missed-out or may authority are considering the both litigation under one entity, however this is insignificant.

The entire NPV colony is unauthorized but unfortunately the land is private and agricultural as per revenue records. The registries of the plots were made by way of some understanding with corrupt bureaucrats. Anyway as of now this colony exist and coming on the way of NPR also some manipulation in alignment had been done in accordance with builder lobby. This is obvious that things are not fair that may also be reason court had taken the side of litigants.

Now, regretting on ‘if and why’ is immaterial the things are clear on spot and everybody knows that there are problem and big disputes on exway when and how it get cleared nobody knows (and doubt if ever it get sorted out).
    CommentQuote
    If litigation of Kherki Daula is not in status report than it might get missed-out or may authority are considering the both litigation under one entity, however this is insignificant.

The entire NPV colony is unauthorized but unfortunately the land is private and agricultural as per revenue records. The registries of the plots were made by way of some understanding with corrupt bureaucrats. Anyway as of now this colony exist and coming on the way of NPR also some manipulation in alignment had been done in accordance with builder lobby. This is obvious that things are not fair that may also be reason court had taken the side of litigants.

Now, regretting on ‘if and why’ is immaterial the things are clear on spot and everybody knows that there are problem and big disputes on exway when and how it get cleared nobody knows (and doubt if ever it get sorted out).

The road to this expressway is getting murkier by the day. I hope for an early resolution to the issue for the sake of all the end users, many of them who got sucked in this investment due to false promises made & exorbitant hopes thrown on them by the builder /broker lobby, which has been hyperactive in the forum on the Deway projects.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MANOJa
    The road to this expressway is getting murkier by the day. I hope for an early resolution to the issue for the sake of all the end users, many of them who got sucked in this investment due to false promises made & exorbitant hopes thrown on them by the builder /broker lobby, which has been hyperactive in the forum on the Deway projects.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I agree, my argument is not that Dway will not happen...it will certainly. The question is time vs opportunity cost which is diabolical in this case.
    We have examples of India bulls and Raheja ready projects, possession is not possible. Similarly I believe many more projects including likes of Chintels will be ready before the required infrastructure. And that is the problem.
    You also consider projects like Mahindra launch, see the aggressive payment plans. Builder will have all the moolah and may deliver also...but it will be drastically premature...
    CommentQuote