NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 1 hour ago
21887 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Originally posted by St_Anger View Post
    hmm!!! i always thought why do they need 150 mts to begin with... never really found a good enough reason other than the intention of pushing the realty..

ye sab sunke to lagta hai ke the so called Dwarka superexpressway would be just another road... !!
    The total width of road is 234 m (150m carriage way+30-30m green belt each side+12-12m clear passage after green belt). The cross-secion view of road contains only 210m span including green belt (as per tender document) , however there is no clearly indication for 12m clear passage after green belt. So far only 42m wide road is being constructing and rest shall later on.

At present land is being acquiring for only 150m main carriage way and not for green belt+clear passage.
    Sab 99 ka fer hain............

Comment

Current construction is for 42 mtrs only.
      3.5(shoulder/side walk)+12.5(metal Rd)+10(divider)+12.5+3.5

This metal Rd width of 12.5 mt will easily fit 3 lanes as per National Highway Standards. So all in all, it will be 6 lane expressway to begin with.

I don't think there will be metal Rd for all 150 mtr Rd ever. 150 mtr includes service lanes, metro corridor etc etc. It could maximum go from 6 lane to 10 lanes in future.

Comment

hmm!!! i always thought why do they need 150 mts to begin with... never really found a good enough reason other than the intention of pushing the realty..

ye sab sunke to lagta hai ke the so called Dwarka superexpressway would be just another road... !!
        I agree with you that 150m as a road indeed will never be required, and 150m road projection is a marketing strategy. However, even with 25m (12.5m on both sides) with separate BRT corridor, Metro Corridor, Service Roads, Green belt of 30m both sides also will be a great infrastructure as compared to prevalent standards of infrastructure in entire India. As it is, it's not a National or State Highway, but just another bypass connecting Delhi and Manesar bypassing some part of NH-8 and Central part of Gurgaon, and will decongest only a fraction of traffic leading to Gurgaon. I personally do not expect very heavy traffic movement on this so called expressway, which is famously known as Dwarka Expressway, though it is actually a feeder to NH and hence the name Northern Peripheral ROAD. NH-8 itself is hardly 60m wide at the widest point near Delhi border except the toll plaza.

However, If it comes as planned, it will be a bliss for upcoming sectors of this part of Gurgaon, as NPR will probably provide one of the best road infrastructure in entire NCR, which is the basic need for a comfortable commuting and living.
        Last edited by mkg007; June 8 2012, 08:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Bhai Sahab ab mujhe kya pata ke aap apne upar hee sarcasm kar rahe ho aur mere reply karne pe mujhe fir se immmodest bol rahe ho.

pls refrain yourself from making any personal comments, aap yahan ke bhagwan ko ya koi bhee ho as u r sounding ke aapne logon kee help kee, good for you and good for them, pls spare me the title of immodest.

I have no hard feelings against you, I am straight forward and replied the way you asked,. if you got offended it was unintentional.

btw why you asking me abt timezone, ab is maine kya kar diya maine. I took the pictures yesterday from NPR so I am in IST which is same as you. I work and live in New York & am in India for vacation these days.

I live close by to so called NPR and so i clicked some pictures for folks, I havent invested anywhere on this NPR.

Take it easy man.

Gurpreet Singh Dhody aka gdhody.

the sarcasm was totally upon my own self.. it meant that i am poor on the knowledge of DEW as i do not invest there... but i wish to if there is some clarity on its litigation..

it is a crime not to know... i have guided hundreds of people on this forum.. and never once was I as immodest as you are.. nor are any our veterans/seniors... learn from them...

Btw.. what time zone are you in?? .. its just 7 in the evening here!!!
          Last edited by gdhody; June 8 2012, 08:24 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

Just wanted to know from the "Experts", Did NH 8 evolved with time ? or it was same from starting as it is now ?

Comment

Originally posted by GJSSaini View Post
              Just wanted to know from the "Experts", Did NH 8 evolved with time ? or it was same from starting as it is now ?

bilkul nahi sir... Nh-8 was like a small road 15 yrs back... !!!
              sigpicWe are the ones who wanna choose..Always wanna play ..but we never wanna loose!!!

Comment

Anger : Chakri is right , Presently the acquisitions are being done for 150m width as their first proiority is to start the link first and then keep on expanding on both sides....

So My calculation says that in the next 4-5 years it will be in its full glory....

BTW the recent jump or hype whatever one may call it , is because not only the Eway getting built in parts but Sector roads are taking shape pretty fast as well....

I have personally seen 103 sector road getting metalled the other day 75m road

Comment

Originally posted by amit.bhalla View Post
                  Anger : Chakri is right , Presently the acquisitions are being done for 150m width as their first proiority is to start the link first and then keep on expanding on both sides....

So My calculation says that in the next 4-5 years it will be in its full glory....

BTW the recent jump or hype whatever one may call it , is because not only the Eway getting built in parts but Sector roads are taking shape pretty fast as well....

I have personally seen 103 sector road getting metalled the other day 75m road
                  Hi
                  Greetings

Once sector roads come in place, do you think the agitation will fizzle out?? infact that can be one possibility as commuters will get used to travelling an additional KM or so.

Cheers

Comment

Sector roads will help in the initial stages for getting the area inhabited and by that time Eway connectivity woudl be sorted out as well....

Comment

bilkul nahi sir... Nh-8 was like a small road 15 yrs back... !!!
                      Thanks anger, now my point is if NH 8 can evolve with time, then why are we discussing whether the the DEW will start with 25m or full 150m. The point is that they have provision i.e. space to upgrade whatever the starting measure to 150m.

First thing that is important is some sort of road, now some may call it expressway, super-expressway or XYZ. Once that road is operational, the next part of 150m will not take much time.

as said, The first step is always hardest. Lets all wish and pray for that first step, because whether one is investor or end user or broker or a real estate enthusiasts, Development will make everyone happy.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X