A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19775 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by CaptainYadav
    Arun,

No offence meant.
    You apparently mixed up the units of measurement and the figures.
    Thus ~1.3kms (~850miles) is the new road to be laid to connect Sec-114, Gurgaon to Delhi. Of this, 0.5kms is the link
    The original post was talking about 850 meters which does not match with your figures of 1.3 KM (and what is the 850 miles? 850 miles would take you from here to Mumbai (more or less).

In anycase, the issue is not whether it is 850 meters or 1.3 KM stretch on Delhi side. The question is - IS THERE A DATE? When can we have the Expressway?

The answer is: Sometime in the future............ As always.

Agree on the typo, this should have been 0.85miles!!

Frankly, fixing a date for Infra to be laid in India (atleast in Gurgaon/Delhi) is being too optimistic specially with the inefficient administrative system under which we work! I am only looking a the quantum of work to be done and chances of same to be done in time if there is WILLING NESS on the part of administration!

The delay and a potential of further delay is/should be there in every investor's mind. It is the movement in the right direction which raises the hope and I was commenting on that only!
    CommentQuote
  • Further to your question on the difference between 850metres and 1.3kms.....

This 1.3kms can be split into two parts

a) 0.5kms from existing road in Dwarka (around Sec-27 after Bhartal Village) till Najafgarh road - this is mostly green land no farm houses
    b) 0.850kms between najafgarh road and Sec-114, gurgaon - This is where farm houses will be affected and hence land acquisition becomes tricky.

As far as I understand, the article talks about delibration of allignment options on the latter stretch (point b).

PS:
    1. There is no doubt that the state of affairs at NPR including the visibility of upcoming infra doesn't coincide with the current prices. However, for an end-user who bought these flats at sub Rs 5000psf levels, a better connectivity (even if it is not seamless for initial years) to Gurgaon and Delhi will make their investment worthwhile.

2. This is my understanding on the state of affairs and this doesn't come out of a source!
    CommentQuote
  • Read this on talking bricks, ..they are usually quite critical but here seem quite optimist on DEW ! Nothing new but with a nice spin :) ...maybe one more example of paid news

The Talking Brick | Real Estate Uncovered!

Great Expectations@ Dwarka Expressway
    Posted on APRIL 17, 2013 by TTBADMIN
    For the past six months or so, the topic of completion of Dwarka Expressway is the favourite of many be it- daily commuters to Gurgaon from Delhi and vice versa, investors or homebuyers and last but not the least, the residents of Dwarka and Gurgaon. At the same time, it’s no wonder why this is a hot topic of discussion all over the Internet.

Dwarka Expressway Entrance from NH-2 . . . The Northern Peripheral Road, will be open for use by commuters by October 2013
    Other than the land acquisition issue and subsequent protests by the farmers, in the past few months ‘Northern Peripheral Road’ remained the hot topic due to the fact that it has by now, already missed four deadlines. Yes, you read it right. While the last one faded into the history on March 31, 2013; the next and hopefully the last one is standing next door i.e. it is expected to be complete in next 2-3months.

If recent report straight from the site is to be believed, the Dwarka Expressway, also called the Northern Peripheral Road, will be open for use by commuters by October 2013.

Now, this is really a good piece of news for the commuters who take the choked Delhi-Gurgaon e-way everyday to reach their destinations. By now, the biggest point of attraction of NPR is that it will not only serve as an alternative to the congested Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway. In fact, it will cut short the travel time between Dwarka and Gurgaon by half. Thus, it is known that this 18-km stretch of road is bound to be of great benefit to the countless daily travellers while boosting the real estate Gurgaon.

Other than solving the commuters’-crisis, the Dwarka Expressway has already started doing wonders for the real estate Gurgaon. The upcoming projects alongside NPR say it all and are likely to boost the prices of property in Gurgaon.

All in all, the new residential colonies coupled with a commercial corridor thanks to NPR and metro connectivity (awaited), are all set to create magic for real estate Gurgaon.

While India Bulls is laying the autobahn, the eight-lane eway is going to link Dwarka, not before it cut through Gurgaon to ultimately meet the NH 8 near Kherki Dhaula. The project meanwhile is being developed by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).

Regarding the land-acquisition, an official associated with the project said (sic), “Barely 26 acres are under litigation. There is a high court order to compensate the land owners with alternate plots and this is being done,”

Interestingly, at 150m, the Dwarka Expressway will move ahead of the 75m wide Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, to become one of India’s widest roads.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Norway
    Read this on talking bricks, ..they are usually quite critical but here seem quite optimist on DEW ! Nothing new but with a nice spin :) ...maybe one more example of paid news

The Talking Brick | Real Estate Uncovered!

Great Expectations@ Dwarka Expressway
    Posted on APRIL 17, 2013 by TTBADMIN
    For the past six months or so, the topic of completion of Dwarka Expressway is the favourite of many be it- daily commuters to Gurgaon from Delhi and vice versa, investors or homebuyers and last but not the least, the residents of Dwarka and Gurgaon. At the same time, it’s no wonder why this is a hot topic of discussion all over the Internet.

Dwarka Expressway Entrance from NH-2 . . . The Northern Peripheral Road, will be open for use by commuters by October 2013
    Other than the land acquisition issue and subsequent protests by the farmers, in the past few months ‘Northern Peripheral Road’ remained the hot topic due to the fact that it has by now, already missed four deadlines. Yes, you read it right. While the last one faded into the history on March 31, 2013; the next and hopefully the last one is standing next door i.e. it is expected to be complete in next 2-3months.

If recent report straight from the site is to be believed, the Dwarka Expressway, also called the Northern Peripheral Road, will be open for use by commuters by October 2013.

Now, this is really a good piece of news for the commuters who take the choked Delhi-Gurgaon e-way everyday to reach their destinations. By now, the biggest point of attraction of NPR is that it will not only serve as an alternative to the congested Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway. In fact, it will cut short the travel time between Dwarka and Gurgaon by half. Thus, it is known that this 18-km stretch of road is bound to be of great benefit to the countless daily travellers while boosting the real estate Gurgaon.

Other than solving the commuters’-crisis, the Dwarka Expressway has already started doing wonders for the real estate Gurgaon. The upcoming projects alongside NPR say it all and are likely to boost the prices of property in Gurgaon.

All in all, the new residential colonies coupled with a commercial corridor thanks to NPR and metro connectivity (awaited), are all set to create magic for real estate Gurgaon.

While India Bulls is laying the autobahn, the eight-lane eway is going to link Dwarka, not before it cut through Gurgaon to ultimately meet the NH 8 near Kherki Dhaula. The project meanwhile is being developed by the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA).

Regarding the land-acquisition, an official associated with the project said (sic), “Barely 26 acres are under litigation. There is a high court order to compensate the land owners with alternate plots and this is being done,”

Interestingly, at 150m, the Dwarka Expressway will move ahead of the 75m wide Delhi-Gurgaon Expressway, to become one of India’s widest roads.

Wow.... for a moment I was driving through NPR at 100km/hr like Yamuna Expressway ......

.....then a colleague woke me up!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by arunaggarwal
    Further to your question on the difference between 850metres and 1.3kms.....

This 1.3kms can be split into two parts

a) 0.5kms from existing road in Dwarka (around Sec-27 after Bhartal Village) till Najafgarh road - this is mostly green land no farm houses
    b) 0.850kms between najafgarh road and Sec-114, gurgaon - This is where farm houses will be affected and hence land acquisition becomes tricky.

As far as I understand, the article talks about delibration of allignment options on the latter stretch (point b).

PS:
    1. There is no doubt that the state of affairs at NPR including the visibility of upcoming infra doesn't coincide with the current prices. However, for an end-user who bought these flats at sub Rs 5000psf levels, a better connectivity (even if it is not seamless for initial years) to Gurgaon and Delhi will make their investment worthwhile.

2. This is my understanding on the state of affairs and this doesn't come out of a source!

Yes Arun
    I agree

I have read your informative posts with great interest and am impressed with the one above.

Any buyer below 5000 CLP or below 4000 DP with a good builder stands to make some decent money now as well as in coming 3 years if he / she can hold on for next 3 years.

The news is a step in the right direction .

I now feel at loss that I too could have made or should have made additional investments at sub 5000 level but the criticism of our other learned co bloggers lead me to limit my optimism.

DE on big patches with super wide sector roads will make this area better than Gurgaon ext and old Gurgaon in next 5 years.

TATA or other good brand super luxury projects will sell at 15000 to 20000 then and good brand affordable luxury at. 10,000 to 15,000.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vb2309
    Yes Arun
    I agree

I have read your informative posts with great interest and am impressed with the one above.

Any buyer below 5000 CLP or below 4000 DP with a good builder stands to make some decent money now as well as in coming 3 years if he / she can hold on for next 3 years.

The news is a step in the right direction .

I now feel at loss that I too could have made or should have made additional investments at sub 5000 level but the criticism of our other learned co bloggers lead me to limit my optimism.

DE on big patches with super wide sector roads will make this area better than Gurgaon ext and old Gurgaon in next 5 years.

TATA or other good brand super luxury projects will sell at 15000 to 20000 then and good brand affordable luxury at. 10,000 to 15,000.

Thanks VB!

While I am not an advocate of investing at these levels, I do believe in the location if infra takes shape in years to come...... Airport is one of the biggest economic driver in any economy and any commercial/residential property with-in half an hour distance from it should command premium in long run.

If I were to step back and take a holistic view, this location should enjoy good premium if authorities could lay a decent infra even with a delay (obviously not an ending one!)

Net-Net, below is what I believe
    a) short term (2-3 years) - A basic infra (decent connectivity) is much needed for end users to start shifting in.
    B) over the long run (4-5 years) - Seam Less connectivity with Airport/Delhi/Gurgaon + new commercial + retail will have to come up for the investors to make money from hereon.

P.S. My basic assumption is that authorities have will to do this but are delaying it because of lethargy in the system which will go off as pressure is built up. This is my view, one may please ignore if he/she doesn;t like/agree!
    CommentQuote
  • Considering all the DE factors, was it so difficult to make the DEX??

We all will agree answer is "no".

was there no political will?

We all will say, "May be"!

But then why? Had some very heated argument with colleagues and found some interesting facts coming out and I am sure most of us must be already aware of these, though it was new for me.

How much Land biggies like DLF/Vatika has on DEX / Minimal.
    who has the best political hold in Haryana / DLF/ Vatika

Where does DLF/Vatika has the Land - In the farther sectors of 8X/9X

what happens if DEX was developed 2 years back - 8X/9X would have flopped or atleast delayed in appreciation.

Does this situation suits DLF and Vatika / Ofcourse "NO".

So how come DEX become operational unless DLF and Vatika sells all their projects on 8X/9X.

Cards are full in open/ Wait for biggies land to exhaust in 8X/9X and we'll see that card will fall in line automatically for DEX.

It was not my POV but the outcome of a discussion and did impressive job.
    CommentQuote
  • Interesting point that you have raised, only thing that I don't understand is a) are IBREL/Ramprastha a weaker link vs DLF/Vatika, and b) why didn;t second Toll (near Haldiram's) move till now because it would have helped sales in 8X & 9X as well
    CommentQuote
    Interesting point that you have raised, only thing that I don't understand is a) are IBREL/Ramprastha a weaker link vs DLF/Vatika, and b) why didn;t second Toll (near Haldiram's) move till now because it would have helped sales in 8X & 9X as well

Arun

Push is definitely there for these tolls from the haryana Govt. Refer below in TOI today

NHAI pushes for removal of Gurgaon toll plaza
    Dipak Kumar Dash TNN

New Delhi: Delhi-Gurgaon commuters may soon zip through the expressway without stopping at the 32-lane toll plaza. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has asked the expressway project’s lead lender and its concessionaire to come up with a proposal to remove the toll plaza, which is the source of peak-hour traffic jams every day.
    Around two lakh vehicles go through the toll plaza every day. At peak hours, cars constitute 72% of the traffic and the wait time can be as long as 10 minutes.
    A top NHAI official confirmed the move to remove the plaza. He told TOI that even the second plaza at KM 42 (Kherki Dhaula) could be shifted further down the road towards Jaipur so that it falls outside city limits.
    “This arrangement would mean a large number of vehicles plying between Gurgaon and Delhi won’t be subjected to traffic snarls and won’t have to pay toll. On the other hand, the traffic towards Jaipur would pay full toll at a single point outside Gurgaon,” said the official.
    Sources said the nittygritty of the arrangement is yet to be worked out. TALKS IN PROGRESS ‘Purchasing’ project suits Hooda
    These would be proposed by the project’s lender and concessionaire. They added that at present around Rs 18 crore per month is collected as toll from both plazas on the expressway — roughly Rs 12 crore at the 32-lane toll plaza and Rs 6 crore at km 42 toll plaza. In case the first plaza is done away with, the overall toll collection would fall to Rs 10 crore, which would make the plan financially viable for concessionaire Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd and the lead lender, Infrastructure Finance Development Company.
    DGSCL had taken a loan of Rs 1,567 crore from a consortium of banks led by IDFC for this project. Officials familiar with the development said recovering this net present value of the project from asingle toll plaza would be impossible. If
    the plan to remove the 32-lane plaza goes ahead, both the lender and the concessionaire would take a financial hit.
    In this case, the Haryana government could step in to compensate the project operator and lender. Chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had shown interest last November in “purchasing” the project to make expressway travel hassle free. This would also suit his government in an election year, considering the huge public demand to remove the toll plaza and treat the expressway as an urban road connecting two cities. These talks are on even as all the three parties – NHAI, IDFC and DGSCL – have filed cases against each other in the Delhi High Court. In the last hearing, IDFC had sought time from the court to put forward a settlement proposal. The court had allowed all parties to come out with a settlement and had fixed the next date for hearing to May 2.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by defender
    Arun

Push is definitely there for these tolls from the haryana Govt. Refer below in TOI today

NHAI pushes for removal of Gurgaon toll plaza
    Dipak Kumar Dash TNN

New Delhi: Delhi-Gurgaon commuters may soon zip through the expressway without stopping at the 32-lane toll plaza. The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) has asked the expressway project’s lead lender and its concessionaire to come up with a proposal to remove the toll plaza, which is the source of peak-hour traffic jams every day.
    Around two lakh vehicles go through the toll plaza every day. At peak hours, cars constitute 72% of the traffic and the wait time can be as long as 10 minutes.
    A top NHAI official confirmed the move to remove the plaza. He told TOI that even the second plaza at KM 42 (Kherki Dhaula) could be shifted further down the road towards Jaipur so that it falls outside city limits.
    “This arrangement would mean a large number of vehicles plying between Gurgaon and Delhi won’t be subjected to traffic snarls and won’t have to pay toll. On the other hand, the traffic towards Jaipur would pay full toll at a single point outside Gurgaon,” said the official.
    Sources said the nittygritty of the arrangement is yet to be worked out. TALKS IN PROGRESS ‘Purchasing’ project suits Hooda
    These would be proposed by the project’s lender and concessionaire. They added that at present around Rs 18 crore per month is collected as toll from both plazas on the expressway — roughly Rs 12 crore at the 32-lane toll plaza and Rs 6 crore at km 42 toll plaza. In case the first plaza is done away with, the overall toll collection would fall to Rs 10 crore, which would make the plan financially viable for concessionaire Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Ltd and the lead lender, Infrastructure Finance Development Company.
    DGSCL had taken a loan of Rs 1,567 crore from a consortium of banks led by IDFC for this project. Officials familiar with the development said recovering this net present value of the project from asingle toll plaza would be impossible. If
    the plan to remove the 32-lane plaza goes ahead, both the lender and the concessionaire would take a financial hit.
    In this case, the Haryana government could step in to compensate the project operator and lender. Chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda had shown interest last November in “purchasing” the project to make expressway travel hassle free. This would also suit his government in an election year, considering the huge public demand to remove the toll plaza and treat the expressway as an urban road connecting two cities. These talks are on even as all the three parties – NHAI, IDFC and DGSCL – have filed cases against each other in the Delhi High Court. In the last hearing, IDFC had sought time from the court to put forward a settlement proposal. The court had allowed all parties to come out with a settlement and had fixed the next date for hearing to May 2.

Yes Sir, we have been hearing this for some time. In some other thread on this forum people have been raising this as a concern before buying a property in Vatika township. Also, We hear of a push from high-command to get the NPR resolved as well.

Don't want to contradict your point but it seems to be much complexed a problem which runs around lack of morale and power amongst adminstrators, lack of will at govt levels, ineffective systems, lack of co-operation amongst govt agencies, ineffective pressure from civil society and last but not the least crooked capitalism (I think its short vision) by builders!
    CommentQuote
    Yes Sir, we have been hearing this for some time. In some other thread on this forum people have been raising this as a concern before buying a property in Vatika township. Also, We hear of a push from high-command to get the NPR resolved as well.

Don't want to contradict your point but it seems to be much complexed a problem which runs around lack of morale and power amongst adminstrators, lack of will at govt levels, ineffective systems, lack of co-operation amongst govt agencies, ineffective pressure from civil society and last but not the least crooked capitalism (I think its short vision) by builders!

Arun

Your are absolutely right. Point was to highlight one more power which may oppose the NPR and more powers on other side, more the people/investors like us will suffer.
    CommentQuote
  • Big breakthrough on Land Acquisition Bill: BJP agrees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big breakthrough on Land Acquisition Bill: BJP agrees | NDTV.com

EXCERPT
    --------------------------------------------------
    Among changes that the government has agreed to is one that will allow states to enact their own law, as leasing of land is a state subject. It has also accepted the BJP demand that instead of acquisition, land can be leased to developers so that its ownership remains with the farmers and they get a regular income from it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN THIS SOLVE THE DEW PROBLEM BY GIVING REGULAR INCOME TO THE OUTSEES??????
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by eyeopener
    Big breakthrough on Land Acquisition Bill: BJP agrees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big breakthrough on Land Acquisition Bill: BJP agrees | NDTV.com

EXCERPT
    --------------------------------------------------
    Among changes that the government has agreed to is one that will allow states to enact their own law, as leasing of land is a state subject. It has also accepted the BJP demand that instead of acquisition, land can be leased to developers so that its ownership remains with the farmers and they get a regular income from it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAN THIS SOLVE THE DEW PROBLEM BY GIVING REGULAR INCOME TO THE OUTSEES??????

Wonder if this is disaster in making if new law is applicable for privately purchased land as well ..... effectively you are making land dearer which will have long term repurcussions on industries as well as housing.
    CommentQuote
  • ok, not sure if this has been covered earlier. also jumping a few steps from the present situation.
    once the DEW does come up (??!!!) , what is the way in which you would cross from one side of the DEW to the other? are there going to be traffic signals at certain junctions? if so, then obviously it is not an 'expressway', and we can expect traffic jams. no flyovers planned as yet i guess. would free u-turns like the ones in front of Ambiance Mall Vasant Kunj be used? or probably the ROBs would be the turn points.

do you think anything has been planned at all??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by nitinn
    ok, not sure if this has been covered earlier. also jumping a few steps from the present situation.
    once the DEW does come up (??!!!) , what is the way in which you would cross from one side of the DEW to the other? are there going to be traffic signals at certain junctions? if so, then obviously it is not an 'expressway', and we can expect traffic jams. no flyovers planned as yet i guess. would free u-turns like the ones in front of Ambiance Mall Vasant Kunj be used? or probably the ROBs would be the turn points.

do you think anything has been planned at all??

Very good point. And if these are still not planned, for next 2 years they won't be because very soon whole govt machinery will start working on elections and during these time they only execute things which brings them votes.
    CommentQuote