A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
    Gurgaon
    Manesar
    Bhiwadi
    Kms

Psft
    30-20
    15-10
    7.5-5
    3.1-2.5
    CommentQuote
  • Dwarka Gurgaon Super Expressway (Northern Peripheral Road)

Originally Posted by psambher
    Members were making fun of those who were buying dway 3000 about 2-3 years back.

How can they digest Rs 10000? :D

HUDA is showing lot of willingness to complete the dway. There is a lot of progress after dway and 75m road tender was released. Infra will not come overnight. We need to give time to authorities.

Those who are investing now will have to hold the properties longer for good returns.

Those who invested below 4500 CLP in good projects will possibly make some decent growth if they hold on for next two to three years.

I had then estimated a RTM BSP of 8000 then by 2016. Do you think below projects will achieve that?

Or What rates do you now predict for CHINTELS , GODREJ, ATS 109 or Mahindra by 2016 ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vb2309
    Those who invested below 4500 CLP in good projects will possibly make some decent growth if they hold on for next two to three years.

I had then estimated a RTM BSP of 8000 then by 2016. Do you think below projects will achieve that?

Or What rates do you now predict for CHINTELS , GODREJ, ATS 109 or Mahindra by 2016 ?

My view:- Well i can't quantify the amount, but in my view this area has the potential to rise above its counterpart i.e. dwarka. The only condition is that authority should plan this area with open heartedness, not like the existing gurgaon where after installing the iron rod with thin shed authority claims that city now has bus stops, employing temporary security guards for traffic management, patch work on road to claim that road repairing has done. This all shows the authority is planning with the view that in case gurgaon need to be evacuated, it can be done in one week with minimum financial loss.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vb2309

my humble estimates.

Chintels and ATS should be about 8.5K-9K on possession.
    Godrej (104?) not sure.
    Mahindra (110) about 8-8.5K
    Puri DG (Ph,I) about 10K-10.5K

If delhi as per the recent MPD 2031 goals, relases more land and the land pooling policy takes off as expected then there will be serious supply coming from Delhi which will give GGN flats a run for their money, especially in the middle income sector. The ones that will actually buck the trend and shine in NCR regions are serious luxury projects (Tata/Puri/MST/Emmar etc.). Good luxury projects in Delhi will be ranging 20-25K at that time, when these will still be available at 12K or thereabouts.

Noida will better weather the delhi supply becuause it hasnt inflated as much as gurgaon, has serious infra. Employment and local economy will then be the only differentiator/drivers.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    my humble estimates.

Godrej (104?) not sure.

If delhi as per the recent MPD 2031 goals, relases more land and the land pooling policy takes off as expected then there will be serious supply coming from Delhi which will give GGN flats a run for their money, especially in the middle income sector. The ones that will actually buck the trend and shine in NCR regions are serious luxury projects (Tata/Puri/MST/Emmar etc.). Good luxury projects in Delhi will be ranging 20-25K at that time, when these will still be available at 12K or thereabouts.

Noida will better weather the delhi supply becuause it hasnt inflated as much as gurgaon, has serious infra. Employment and local economy will then be the only differentiator/drivers.

Hi
    Greetings

The awareness about huge Delhi MP 2021 land coming into market, about 20000 hectares was always shared here on the forum about a year ago.. this can be a major THREAT not only to increase in rates but even maintaining levels can be challenging.

Participating and speculation about future unearned profits, is rookies famous past time but I agree with those who subscribed around 3-4K.

The risk with every higher new launch grows exponentially than arithmetically thereafter, as is reflected in the HUGE inventory (Fresh/Resale) of many projects lying under 5k. The increasing gap between New launches and Resale rates will make the resale options more lucrative in the short term.

Many large brands like Godrej, Raheja, M3M and Adani have been dampners despite the brand value and hype.

The fact that more than 80 % of the buyers are investors in dway projects also cannot be denied. All these investors have to eventually off load their stuff.. When all investors will be doing the same thing, this will put pressure on ROIs, Payments will have to be made to builders else interest will keep building in their accounts statement. They will be more involved in getting rid of the stock than think about new launch participation before a few go bust..

This may change if delhi market opens with a big gap
    Infra in haryana is better than that in delhi,
    Govt brings some good policies and leveraging is cost effective for home owners
    Land being released is matched to the demand
    Political condition is conducive to development and cooperation between Delhi/center/haryana
    None of the builders defaults/delays majorly
    Builders/authorities provide conditions conducive to habitation
    Connectivity between major expressways and feeder highways/state highways along with bridges, underpasses is provided

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • The assumption of 80% investors seems very high, is there any data to prove that?

Not sure why DLF or EMAAR who have huge tracts of land on delhi side will launch the delhi projects in competition in terms of price to their own deway projects. If DLF's launch in sec 81 and emaar's in 112 is any testament their projects in delhi will surely not for anyone and everyone.

These are the same builders and they also know what premium Delhi address carries and they will prices it accordingly. Builders wont leave a penny for anyone and they will try and squeeze every bit from investors and end users like wise including TATA,DLF, IREO,EMAAR.

The argument about huge land bank deflating the prices was given about deway as well and look what happened.The projects were launched at 4k levels 1.5 yrs back and Now new launches have crossed 10k.

Just my opinion, people can differ and that's what makes us all different.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by tigerhumhain
    The assumption of 80% investors seems very high, is there any data to prove that?

Not sure why DLF or EMAAR who have huge tracts of land on delhi side will launch the delhi projects in competition in terms of price to their own deway projects. If DLF's launch in sec 81 and emaar's in 112 is any testament their projects in delhi will surely not for anyone and everyone.

These are the same builders and they also know what premium Delhi address carries and they will prices it accordingly. Builders wont leave a penny for anyone and they will try and squeeze every bit from investors and end users like wise including TATA,DLF, IREO,EMAAR.

The argument about huge land bank deflating the prices was given about deway as well and look what happened.The projects were launched at 4k levels 1.5 yrs back and Now new launches have crossed 10k.

Just my opinion, people can differ and that's what makes us all different.

hi
    Greetings

Many theories will be propounded even for delhi side land bank off loading of projects to gullible investors.. I am in absolute agreement that the builders will suck every penny out of investors.

Like I said, Delhi projects may open with a gap.. Realistically, west delhi unauthorised colonies converted to authorised areas are retailing above 10000psf for builder floors.

Data about the high investor participation on dway can be had from any good broker and there is nothing in it to be proved.. Still a lot of dway inventory is yet to be offloaded and more than 50% is still unsold.. majority of remaining 50% lying with underwriters, large brokers and investors which will definitely come in resale sooner or latter.

The prices of 8x sectors are not moving is correct.. even dlf had to lower its ambitions in the ultima case from 10K to 7.6K.. DLF NTH RTM is available in sufficient quantities between 4.2K-4.8K

All depends on how fast the area becomes connected/inhabited and several other factors

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • DLF rates in sector 81

BlessU,

DLF never came out with 10K rates in sector 81.
    They had just spread the word that they'll come out with 9K - 10K rates.
    It was a smart move. When they came up with 7.5 K rates, these rates were accepted because of the hype about 9K 10K rates.
    Had they actually come with 9K-10K rates, they would not have found too many buyers.
    However, now having released a few units at 7.5K rates, they'll release some more units at a higher rate. Easy to explain because if they do not go up, investors will not get premiums. They'll gradually take the rates upwards.
    9K - 10K rates are not too far.

Regarding the Delhi land bank causing markets to tumble, well! I don't think that's happening. The land bank is not being released tomorrow. It'll take it's own sweet time.
    How much of it will actually reach end users or common man at the initial stage? not much.
    Will it come at affordable rates? Let's wait and watch. I'll not place any bets on the government, any authority, any developer, or the big investors letting something like that happen.

Originally Posted by BlessU
    hi
    Greetings

Many theories will be propounded even for delhi side land bank off loading of projects to gullible investors.. I am in absolute agreement that the builders will suck every penny out of investors.

Like I said, Delhi projects may open with a gap.. Realistically, west delhi unauthorised colonies converted to authorised areas are retailing above 10000psf for builder floors.

Data about the high investor participation on dway can be had from any good broker and there is nothing in it to be proved.. Still a lot of dway inventory is yet to be offloaded and more than 50% is still unsold.. majority of remaining 50% lying with underwriters, large brokers and investors which will definitely come in resale sooner or latter.

The prices of 8x sectors are not moving is correct.. even dlf had to lower its ambitions in the ultima case from 10K to 7.6K.. DLF NTH RTM is available in sufficient quantities between 4.2K-4.8K

All depends on how fast the area becomes connected/inhabited and several other factors

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    my humble estimates.

Godrej (104?) not sure.

Are any commercial / IT parks also possible under MPD 2021/ 2031 ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    hi
    Greetings

Cheers

I expect the new areas to open at a discount of 25%-30% to Dwarka. Not familiar with Dwarka prices but if Dwarka is at 12-15K, then expect these areas to launch at around 9-12K. And the Delhi mentality still is "Dilli, Dilli hai" - so expect these areas to see a lot of investor and end user interest.

Floor price is not a benchmark in Delhi for these apartments because floors comes with 1/3th or 1/4th right to underlying land, for which people are willing to pay a premium- although God only knows if and how these floors owners will come together to reconstruct when the building turns old.
    CommentQuote
  • Came across this website which seems to have a lot of info

MPD-2021 | Delhi Masterplan- MPD 2021
    CommentQuote
  • Land pooling is not that easy. simillar kind of policy named as Cluster Development Policy is there in Mumbai since last 6 years but no developer could do land pooling in last 5-6 years. In delhi also it will take huge time(may be more than 10years) and by that time DEW might be something better than what we see today as 10 years is huge time to develop any area.

Originally Posted by winterchill
    I expect the new areas to open at a discount of 25%-30% to Dwarka. Not familiar with Dwarka prices but if Dwarka is at 12-15K, then expect these areas to launch at around 9-12K. And the Delhi mentality still is "Dilli, Dilli hai" - so expect these areas to see a lot of investor and end user interest.

Floor price is not a benchmark in Delhi for these apartments because floors comes with 1/3th or 1/4th right to underlying land, for which people are willing to pay a premium- although God only knows if and how these floors owners will come together to reconstruct when the building turns old.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Nilesh Dhore
    Land pooling is not that easy. simillar kind of policy named as Cluster Development Policy is there in Mumbai since last 6 years but no developer could do land pooling in last 5-6 years. In delhi also it will take huge time(may be more than 10years) and by that time DEW might be something better than what we see today as 10 years is huge time to develop any area.

Hmm...so the question really is whether the farmers will pool their land...or whether the builders have already acquired the contiguous agricultural parcels and the policy will allow them to pool and launch projects - I suspect its the latter. People have been buying in these areas for the last 2-3 years. Also land pooling in an already developed city would always be challenging, as opposed to pooling agricultural land.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by winterchill

Now this mentality is no more valid for areas in and around dwarka, rohini, yes this still persist for south and central delhi, and they really deserve it.
    CommentQuote
  • delhi will become cheaper than NCR ( literal translation ) :) :)

http://www.gurgaonscoop.com/delhi-will-be-cheaper-than-ncr
    CommentQuote