Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 5 hours ago
21863 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Good night ( thanks for helping the cause ) & sleep tight & i hope it is not with the brokers in the forum .
    Last edited by MANOJa; April 12 2011, 01:00 AM. Reason: typo
    Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Lax DDA may delay Dwarka Expressway

The Dwarka Expressway, also known as the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) Expressway, has hit yet another roadblock. Construction work had started picking up pace in Gurgaon region with Haryana Urban Development Authority (Huda) allotting the project to real estate firm Indiabulls last month.But plans to get the inter-state road project ready by October 2012 may fail to meet the deadline as a three-kilometre long stretch connecting with Bijawasan Road in Delhi is far from completion.

Nearly 1.8 kilometre area in Gurgaon is embroiled in litigation over land acquisition while the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has not even started construction on its side to connect the NPR stretch with Dwarka.

As a result, commuters would not be able to make use of this ambitious project to travel between Delhi and Gurgaon as an alternate link even if the Gurgaon portion is ready in the stipulated time.

Asking their Delhi counterparts to get moving on the project, senior Huda officials met DDA officials last Thursday and urged them to expedite construction of a 80-metre wide and eight-kilometre long sector road to connect with the NPR Expressway coming from Gurgaon. The Huda delegation was led by administrator Nitin K Yadav while principal commissioner Deepak Trivedi led the DDA group of officers.

The 150-metre wide Dwarka Expressway is likely to be completed within 18 months by October 2012.
      Indiabulls had bagged the contract for Rs43.32 crore last month.

The DDA, however, has not even conducted a feasibility study of the proposed 80-metre wide road which is going to be an extension of the road cutting through sectors 27 and 28 in Dwarka.

Huda administrator Nitin K Yadav said, "We asked DDA officials to start the process of land acquisition on their side to build the Dwarka road that could be connected to the NPR Expressway. This road is already notified and incorporated in the Delhi Master Plan."

Surprisingly, the proposed NPR Expressway starts from NH-8 in Gurgaon and terminates around 1.8 kilometres ahead of the Delhi-Gurgaon border.

About 1.2 kilometre further, there is no road between the state border and the Bijwasan Road yet as DDA is supposed to construct it.

In the absence of a total three-kilometre road link, the NPR Expressway at present terminates in a field.

According to Huda officials, DDA has assured them that the process for land acquisition would start soon once senior officers return from Assam and West Bengal where they have been sent on election duty.

Yadav said, "The Delhi authorities already had plans to construct the road by extending it through Sector 27 and 28 of Dwarka but because of litigation issues with landowners in some portions, the matter got delayed."

Lax DDA may delay Dwarka Expressway - Hindustan Times#

Comment

These Road blocks are not uncommon for any development work. We all know how public depts work in India. I am sure there will be many small bumps on the development of this area. One should have long term horizon ( 4-5 yrs ) for eway properties if considering for investment/end use.

Comment

vinaybhatia, i agree ...

out of 18 km NPR (Blue - Positive / Red - Negative 4 NPR)

12.5 km litigation free - tender to Indiabull
          3.0 km - falls under DDA - no work done yet
          1.8 km - litigation over land acquisition - Palam Vihar
          0.3 km - falls under Reliance SEZ - No news
          0.2 km - falls under Basai water treatment plant - any updates
          0.4 m - falls near NH-8 connectivity (near toll plaza)

MINIMUM 3-5 YRS TO COMPLETE THIS PROJECT - PROBABILITY 50-50

Originally posted by vinaybhatia View Post
          These Road blocks are not uncommon for any development work. We all know how public depts work in India. I am sure there will be many small bumps on the development of this area. One should have long term horizon ( 4-5 yrs ) for eway properties if considering for investment/end use.

Comment

That is some news Nitin.

Further, I was wondering who would use that road even if it is built?

Majority of traffic from Delhi to Gurgaon either goes to Cyber City/ Golf course road or Udyog Vihar. With the end point at Khekri where would the traffic go to? Manesar?

It is difficult to imagine currently that people converging at Dhaula Kuan and travelling on NH8 would first go to Dwarka and then travel on this expressway to go to a place in Gurgaon. It would probably take the same amount of time if they would travel on NH8.

So, if the road only connects Dwarka to Manesar, I am doubtful that DDA would proactively pursue it until the time Dwarka 2 is ready. But then HUDA could push as they did for the Metro.
            Last edited by MANOJa; December 26 2015, 04:23 PM. Reason: Text formatting.

Comment

delhi side

It is good to see that members have started focussing on delhi side of the road. ealier most of the members were thinking that Huda will do the construction of complete NPR.

Things move slowly for the infra projects in India. Even for SPR (GC EXT) there are some patchs under litigation but prices ate sky rocketing.

The investor who have a long term view can invest on dway. In Short term it is difficult to have good returns as prices have already >3200 psf.

DDA has already awarded the tenders for sector roads for 24 25 26 sector adjacent to NPR. It is matter of time to connect to the gurgaon side.
              Attached Files

Comment

it would be used by people coming from west delhi who will not have to converge at dhaula kuan
                it would also be used by residents of new sectors and even for ppl staying on GCX/sohna as an alternate exit towards delhi/airport etc...
                think of Eway as an alternate to the current delhi ggn route and not a replacement.

as far pace of completion is concerned it would follow the standard indian time frame....

Originally posted by gurpreet357 View Post
                That is some news Nitin.
                Further, I was wondering who would use that road even if it is built?
                Majority of traffic from Delhi to Gurgaon either goes to Cyber City/ Golf course road or Udyog Vihar. With the end point at Khekri where would the traffic go to? Manesar?
                It is difficult to imagine currently that people converging at Dhaula Kuan and travelling on NH8 would first go to Dwarka and then travel on this expressway to go to a place in Gurgaon. It would probably take the same amount of time if they would travel on NH8.
                So, if the road only connects Dwarka to Manesar, I am doubtful that DDA would proactively pursue it until the time Dwarka 2 is ready. But then HUDA could push as they did for the Metro.

Comment

Originally posted by vinaybhatia View Post
                  Yeah quite a few things are common in India... few roads are on paper forever... half of it sits in Swiss banks and other half in babu's pockets... Hope everything comes out well. I am still hopeful for my Dway investment but things are not quite good as claimed by few respected members here. Few of them have direct contacts in assembly thats quite impressive... For new investors my advise - Please stay away for few months to see how things are coming... For current investors - There is no need to panic at this time, just hold on to your investments...! FOr a decent ROI I dont think anything before 4-6 yrs make sense..!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AmitMM View Post
                    it would be used by people coming from west delhi who will not have to converge at dhaula kuan
                    it would also be used by residents of new sectors and even for ppl staying on GCX/sohna as an alternate exit towards delhi/airport etc...
                    think of Eway as an alternate to the current delhi ggn route and not a replacement.

as far pace of completion is concerned it would follow the standard indian time frame....
                    Like your post. We should be realistic..!

Comment

Originally posted by dabbang View Post
                      Yeah quite a few things are common in India... few roads are on paper forever... half of it sits in Swiss banks and other half in babu's pockets... Hope everything comes out well. I am still hopeful for my Dway investment but things are not quite good as claimed by few respected members here. Few of them have direct contacts in assembly thats quite impressive... For new investors my advise - Please stay away for few months to see how things are coming... For current investors - There is no need to panic at this time, just hold on to your investments...! FOr a decent ROI I dont think anything before 4-6 yrs make sense..!

Cheers
                      dabbang, Which project have you invested on D way?. Any way I know you have an investment in Palm hills as well. Any progress on construction there ?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X