NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 18 hours ago
21871 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

HUDA drive for Northern Peripheral Road project meets with angry protest

A team of HUDA officials, set out to demolish a factory, which had come in way of the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) project, had to face the ire of the angry residents of New Palam Vihar Colony on Friday morning.

The demolition team had landed at Sector 37 part two for the demolition of the factory. They had to make a hasty retreat from the site

when the residents became angry. According to HUDA officials, the factory land falls under the route of the NPR project and the owner had been informed about the status. Earlier, HUDA had surveyed all locations falling under the NPR project and identified seven factories at different location on the route.

On Friday morning, the HUDA team faced angry residents who topped them from demolishing any structure. The residents were informed that the factory did not fall under the High Court order on the stay. "The high court order is valid for house owners of New Palam Vihar colonies and the factory does not figure in that. But the residents became angry and abusive," said a HUDA official, on condition of anonymity.

HUDA has started a demolition drive to clear encroachments on the route of the NPR project. However, on the first day, the officials failed to clear the factory premises.

HUDA had swung into action after the visit of the finance commissioner, Department of Town and Country Planning (DTCP), SS Dhillion in Gurgaon on Thursday. Sources said Dhillion pulled up the officials deputed to monitor the NPR project in the meeting held on Thursday. Sources said the finance commissioner had given instruction to HUDA officials to start taking over the possession of land and construction in the areas, which are not covered in High Court order. "The private factories had been issued notices and now the strategy is to clear these area first and start the construction work," said a senior HUDA official.

Earlier, Dhillion had assured the residents of New Palam Vihar that the houses coming in way of the development of the NPR project will suitably rehabilitated as per the Punjab and Haryana High court directions.

On Thursday, Dhillon, with HUDA and DTCP senior officials, was in Gurgaon for site inspection of the NPR project and around evening when they reached new Palam Vihar colony residents launched an agitation. About 1 km of the proposed road passes through the colony and if the road alignment is not changed, it would require over 300 houses to be demolished

HUDA drive for Northern Peripheral Road project meets with angry protest - The Times of India
    NEVER BUY ANY PROPERTY BY SEEING COMMENTS ALWAYS VISIT LOCATION

Comment

Disputed area in NPV is not so big as being though. The problem is authorities still have not done the survey to identify the house coming on dway. Visit the link below to count the no. of houses. It is less than 80.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Comment

It's where the road ends - Litigation of NPR....In the pics the road showed is NPR and the factory and the houses are the obstacles in sector 106.
        Attached Files

Comment

excellent pics varun ji . thanx for all the pics .

very useful for everybody

Comment

Varun ji,

could u tell me when this factory will demolish

Comment

varunvats,
              The road i see on picture is Dew i think excellent pic.I think Huda is on move now and solution will come out from this move.

Comment

This factory is not the only obstacle but there are many such obstacles in the path of NPR.

Comment

The road does not end here ... the road work is also done on other side of this factory .... the petition of this factory owner is already rejected by high Court ... this factory should also get demolished soon ...

Comment

Originally posted by debuggn View Post
                    The road does not end here ... the road work is also done on other side of this factory .... the petition of this factory owner is already rejected by high Court ... this factory should also get demolished soon ...
                    Yes that is correct there is a kaccha road there to cross the factory and a proper road is there having Paras and BPTP sites on the left. The factory in question is partially demolished if you see carefully. I could see some broken bricks lying there on my visit to place yesterday.

Comment

As I understand, there are two pockets of litigation, with the remaining land cleared. In case these issues remain unresolved, HUDA can still build the remaining road. It won't be an expressway, but will still create access.
                      Can someone pls tell me which sectors will have connectivity from (i) Dwarka (ii) Gurgaon if HUDA builds the road on the encumbarance free land?
                      Thanks

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X