A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19762 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thanks er.harjinder ,well done.
    CommentQuote
  • Friends,

While I commend efforts of Harjinder for finding and posting a lot of material depicting movement towards positive development on NPR, there is still a lot left, as the resolution in respect of NPV litigation is still not achieved. Let's not rejoice on pseudo appearance. The efforts of HUDA are visible through newspapers, but there are some facts that have been correctly posted by Ultichakri, however he has his own beliefs on the outcome of Court's verdict that may not come out as he feels.

I have put a lot of effort gathering facts pertaining to litigation through various sources and would like to apprise the forum about these facts along with my understanding as below:

1. Most important fact is that a good number of NPV litigants are enjoying so called stay order from P&H High Court, wherein Court has asked HUDA to compensate the oustees AMICABLY before demolishing their houses and acquiring their land. Now, this order, as per Ultichakri is a Sine Die Stay Order which means that the land can not be acquired unless an amicable solution is found. I have tried to find this order but in vein, and Ultichakri, who claims to have access to this order, refuses to provide this for his own lame reasons.

2. Second important fact is that the bonafide litigants enjoying above stay have NOT applied for alternate plots, as their demands are impractical and not as per existing R&R policies. Though, a few litigants having smaller plots find themselves getting benefitted, but oustees with large sized plots are the ones responsible for stalemate. Though HUDA does not recognize GPA/SPA as valid document of ownership, such cases are also being considered in order to find a resolution as one time exercise.The ones who are visiting HUDA office are mainly these.

3. I have apprised this forum with some judgements a few days back, mainly CWP 3520/2013 and 792/2013 that depict the view of Honourable High Court towards importance of infrastructural development as well as towards curbing unauthorised construction. Ultichakri says that these judgements either do not belong to NPR or the one that affects land acquisition in NPR region has been quashed by another review petition, however conveniently refuses to provide proof or any information like case number etc. about the same. Ultichakri has also provided one judgement CWP 21572/2011 which as per him is supportive to case filed by NPV litigants, whereas the view of most members on this forum is contrary to his.

Now, the disputed portion of NPR that lies mainly in NPV is still not moving ahead towards any resolution for reasons given below:

1. Oustees want compensation which is far from reality.
    2. HUDA can not offer more than the existing policy which is also not getting uniformly applied to all litigants on some technical grounds.

So, WHAT IS GOING ON?

1.HUDA is trying to offer compensation as per policy, but litigants are adamant and are sticking to their unreasonable demands.
    2. HUDA is now offering compensation to as many older cases as possible, and even considering GPA/SPA cases, which will strengthen their stand of offering compensation as per policy and that the policy is acceptable to all except NPV litigants.
    3. Litigants on the other hand are trying to file more cases in Court, basically trying to mount pressure on HUDA and Court, which can delay the matter further, however does not alter the factual position of the primary cases.

BIG QUESTION? HOW TO FIND RESOLUTION?

Only TWO ways:

1. HUDA pays compensation to all litigants irrespective of type of ownership held, and oustees accept the compensation as offered by HUDA, whether as per existing policy or with additional benefits as one time exercise, or may be even additional compensation through builders etc.

2. If above can not be achieved, then through Court verdict, which Ultichakri feels will go in favour of litigants. Now, what he claims is also debatable, as explained below:

The verdict in respect of CWP 21572/2011 mainly opines that the house owners should not be dispossessed if an alternate route can be found for road development, however if the alternate route is not possible and acquisition is absolutely unavoidable, then the compensation in lieu of land acquired must be made as per policy before the oustees are dispossessed of their land.

The litigants of NPV are relying on the first part of judgement and are hopeful (and Ultichakri very confident), that Court will instruct HUDA to realign NPR through builder's land, whereas HUDA has ruled out realignment, and will rely on the second part of judgement and will press upon compensation if the case is referred back to High Court.

So, as of now let's NOT rejoice, as the conflict is still not over. Let's hope better sense prevails and HUDA offers reasonable compensation and oustees leave their greed away, and accept the same!

I am not a legal expert and above is all my personal opinion based on information collected through various reliable or may be some unreliable sources including newspapers, online information, builders, some brokers, a few colleagues and one NPV resident.
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

Originally Posted by mkg007
    Friends,

While I commend efforts of Harjinder for finding and posting a lot of material depicting movement towards positive development on NPR, there is still a lot left, as the resolution in respect of NPV litigation is still not achieved. Let's not rejoice on pseudo appearance. The efforts of HUDA are visible through newspapers, but there are some facts that have been correctly posted by Ultichakri, however he has his own beliefs on the outcome of Court's verdict that may not come out as he feels.

I have put a lot of effort gathering facts pertaining to litigation through various sources and would like to apprise the forum about these facts along with my understanding as below:

1. Most important fact is that a good number of NPV litigants are enjoying so called stay order from P&H High Court, wherein Court has asked HUDA to compensate the oustees AMICABLY before demolishing their houses and acquiring their land. Now, this order, as per Ultichakri is a Sine Die Stay Order which means that the land can not be acquired unless an amicable solution is found. I have tried to find this order but in vein, and Ultichakri, who claims to have access to this order, refuses to provide this for his own lame reasons.

2. Second important fact is that the bonafide litigants enjoying above stay have NOT applied for alternate plots, as their demands are impractical and not as per existing R&R policies. Though, a few litigants having smaller plots find themselves getting benefitted, but oustees with large sized plots are the ones responsible for stalemate. Though HUDA does not recognize GPA/SPA as valid document of ownership, such cases are also being considered in order to find a resolution as one time exercise.The ones who are visiting HUDA office are mainly these.

3. I have apprised this forum with some judgements a few days back, mainly CWP 3520/2013 and 792/2013 that depict the view of Honourable High Court towards importance of infrastructural development as well as towards curbing unauthorised construction. Ultichakri says that these judgements either do not belong to NPR or the one that affects land acquisition in NPR region has been quashed by another review petition, however conveniently refuses to provide proof or any information like case number etc. about the same. Ultichakri has also provided one judgement CWP 21572/2011 which as per him is supportive to case filed by NPV litigants, whereas the view of most members on this forum is contrary to his.

Now, the disputed portion of NPR that lies mainly in NPV is still not moving ahead towards any resolution for reasons given below:

1. Oustees want compensation which is far from reality.
    2. HUDA can not offer more than the existing policy which is also not getting uniformly applied to all litigants on some technical grounds.

So, WHAT IS GOING ON?

1.HUDA is trying to offer compensation as per policy, but litigants are adamant and are sticking to their unreasonable demands.
    2. HUDA is now offering compensation to as many older cases as possible, and even considering GPA/SPA cases, which will strengthen their stand of offering compensation as per policy and that the policy is acceptable to all except NPV litigants.
    3. Litigants on the other hand are trying to file more cases in Court, basically trying to mount pressure on HUDA and Court, which can delay the matter further, however does not alter the factual position of the primary cases.

BIG QUESTION? HOW TO FIND RESOLUTION?

Only TWO ways:

1. HUDA pays compensation to all litigants irrespective of type of ownership held, and oustees accept the compensation as offered by HUDA, whether as per existing policy or with additional benefits as one time exercise, or may be even additional compensation through builders etc.

2. If above can not be achieved, then through Court verdict, which Ultichakri feels will go in favour of litigants. Now, what he claims is also debatable, as explained below:

The verdict in respect of CWP 21572/2011 mainly opines that the house owners should not be dispossessed if an alternate route can be found for road development, however if the alternate route is not possible and acquisition is absolutely unavoidable, then the compensation in lieu of land acquired must be made as per policy before the oustees are dispossessed of their land.

The litigants of NPV are relying on the first part of judgement and are hopeful (and Ultichakri very confident), that Court will instruct HUDA to realign NPR through builder's land, whereas HUDA has ruled out realignment, and will rely on the second part of judgement and will press upon compensation if the case is referred back to High Court.

So, as of now let's NOT rejoice, as the conflict is still not over. Let's hope better sense prevails and HUDA offers reasonable compensation and oustees leave their greed away, and accept the same!

I am not a legal expert and above is all my personal opinion based on information collected through various reliable or may be some unreliable sources including newspapers, online information, builders, some brokers, a few colleagues and one NPV resident.

Excellent write up.
    I just read all the three court orders line by line.

The court order CLEARLY mentions NPR as public purpose. If the case goes to higher courts the litigants may loose the extra compensation.

COURT will NOT stop a PUBLIC PURPOSE project which is. 80 per cent build And there are orders already to evacuate 110a as NPR OUTSEES need to be provided alternate plots due to PUBLIC PURPOSE of NPR displacing new Palam Vihar residents .
    CommentQuote
  • Why would court order HUDA to pay beyond Govt.'s policy? Court cannot decide on the compensation amount that is decided by the Executive body and is beyond court's power.
    Honorable Court can only decide on the documentary evidence if the owner is genuine and should get compensated or not. They would also look for the reason of aquisition of land and if the reason is genuine enough to relocate the litigations.
    These processes take time because you are doing conflict management other wise if both the parties are adamant of any agreement then court would have to decide in favour of the party which has documentary evidence and supported by law.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    Friends,

1. Most important fact is that a good number of NPV litigants are enjoying so called stay order from P&H High Court, wherein Court has asked HUDA to compensate the oustees A

Thanks mkg. As usual, very balanced view

Million dollar question: Are the alternate plots being applied for? Newspaper says yes. some members also got the same information from their contacts as well. Ulti says no. Whats does your npv source have to say on the matter?
    CommentQuote
  • Guys. can you suggest luxurious project near airport sectors, wherein reasonable priced
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashu_sharmaa

Million dollar question: Are the alternate plots being applied for? Newspaper says yes. some members also got the same information from their contacts as well. Ulti says no. Whats does your npv source have to say on the matter?

Dear Ashu,

There is a bunch of NPV and KD litigants enjoying an interim stay order towards land acquisition from P&H High Court, and they are asking for moon. They are under impression that they have become legitimate children of Court and will get whatever they want and are relying on the judgement mentioned above. The view of Court seems sympathetic towards oustees, particularly house owners, however this view is unlikely to stall such an important infrastructural development. As per last stay order, Court has directed HUDA and litigants to settle compensation amicably, but the litigants are negotiating as if they are holding earth with hidden treasures beneath, and HUDA despite amending the policy with better compensation is unable to offer more than the policy. However, if the matter is not resolved amicably via compensation route, which seems to be the case, the case will be referred back to Court for settlement.

Court will have two options; One to order realignment and save the oustees, which litigants think, will happen as they feel they are blue eyed boys of Court, and second, if the realignment is not possible, then litigants will have no choice but to accept compensation as per policy. HUDA does not seem to be in mood to offer more than the State R&R Policy, and litigants are stupidly adamant. Well, let's see what happens, since HUDA is one up by initiating allotment of alternate plots to others who are not part of this group and have applied for compensation. Since major part of NPR is ready and also various projects are under construction, it is likely to rule out realignment at this stage.

Hope better sense prevails and an oustees accept compensation as per policy, and as heard, a consortium of builders is also in the loop for SOMETHING additional beyond compensation, so as to achieve results faster.

Coming to your specific question, as per information from NPV resident and an additional source, litigants of KD and NPV enjoying relief of the said order have NOT applied for compensation!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Vb2309
    Excellent write up.
    I just read all the three court orders line by line.

The court order CLEARLY mentions NPR as public purpose. If the case goes to higher courts the litigants may loose the extra compensation.

COURT will NOT stop a PUBLIC PURPOSE project which is. 80 per cent build And there are orders already to evacuate 110a as NPR OUTSEES need to be provided alternate plots due to PUBLIC PURPOSE of NPR displacing new Palam Vihar residents .

I agree!
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

Originally Posted by mkg007
    Dear Ashu,

There is a bunch of NPV and KD litigants enjoying an interim stay order towards land acquisition from P&H High Court, and they are asking for moon. They are under impression that they have become legitimate children of Court and will get whatever they want and are relying on the judgement mentioned above. The view of Court seems sympathetic towards oustees, particularly house owners, however this view is unlikely to stall such an important infrastructural development. As per last stay order, Court has directed HUDA and litigants to settle compensation amicably, but the litigants are negotiating as if they are holding earth with hidden treasures beneath, and HUDA despite amending the policy with better compensation is unable to offer more than the policy. However, if the matter is not resolved amicably via compensation route, which seems to be the case, the case will be referred back to Court for settlement.

Court will have two options; One to order realignment and save the oustees, which litigants think, will happen as they feel they are blue eyed boys of Court, and second, if the realignment is not possible, then litigants will have no choice but to accept compensation as per policy. HUDA does not seem to be in mood to offer more than the State R&R Policy, and litigants are stupidly adamant. Well, let's see what happens, since HUDA is one up by initiating allotment of alternate plots to others who are not part of this group and have applied for compensation. Since major part of NPR is ready and also various projects are under construction, it is likely to rule out realignment at this stage.

Hope better sense prevails and an oustees accept compensation as per policy, and as heard, a consortium of builders is also in the loop for SOMETHING additional beyond compensation, so as to achieve results faster.

Coming to your specific question, as per information from NPV resident and an additional source, litigants of KD and NPV enjoying relief of the said order have NOT applied for compensation!

Hi mkg

Does that mean no one has applied? As newspaper report says different

Anyways, Not great news that at least some npv residents have decided to let go of this opportunity

So we can expect the court procedure to resume (sine die means case can resume after situation changes-which would have after HUDA completes its application process) with litigants who have not applied. Decision will be taken based on

- Adequate compensation under the relevant policy being offered
    - if any irregularities have been found
    - public purpose nature of the project
    - if realignment is a possibility

And if by court rejects the resumption of case, then it can be taken to supreme court

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote

I just have small point.
    If Sales of Properties is illegal thru GPA/SPA, how can HUDA give compensation to such guys/. HUDA will not and can't do anything ILLEGAL. This may be just an exercise to gather information regarding legal owner of un-authorised properties. They are answerable to people and parliament.

REGARDS
    CommentQuote
  • I have posted my question before on same GPA issue and request seniors to confirm. As per my understanding the GPA is valid for transaction done before the SC order but the GPA done after SC order does not hold the ownership.
    CommentQuote

• I guess that people that not yet applied will be losers in the end. They will eventually have to settle for leftover plots at alternate site which may not be at good locations/views. People that have applied first will obviously have opportunity to select better ones that suits them

BTW it seems ulti has now gone underground (as he had run out of ideas and was looking repetitive and boring) and has taken a new Avatar with Kalimai to spread negative propaganda about NPR for his vested interests. I request moderators and Admin to look into this and block such duplicate ID's which are specifically created to misguide people rather than sharing any valuable information
    CommentQuote
    Hi mkg

Does that mean no one has applied? As newspaper report says different

Anyways, Not great news that at least some npv residents have decided to let go of this opportunity

So we can expect the court procedure to resume (sine die means case can resume after situation changes-which would have after HUDA completes its application process) with litigants who have not applied. Decision will be taken based on

- Adequate compensation under the relevant policy being offered
    - if any irregularities have been found
    - public purpose nature of the project
    - if realignment is a possibility

And if by court rejects the resumption of case, then it can be taken to supreme court

HUDA can approach Court immediately after the last date of application, but I think no one wants to go to Court and settle the matter OUT OF COURT, as the case will be prolonged beyond imagination. And that's why the negotiations are still on with some third party intervention, offering ADDITIONAL BENEFIT. I guess this is likely to work out, since the time is flying and stake holders (basically builders with unsold inventory) are losing patience.

Litigants in this situation are having a pseudo self feeling of being in better bargaining position. As I have stated earlier, hope better sense prevails, and settlement is reached amicably.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    HUDA can approach Court immediately after the last date of application, but I think no one wants to go to Court and settle the matter OUT OF COURT, as the case will be prolonged beyond imagination. And that's why the negotiations are still on with some third party intervention, offering ADDITIONAL BENEFIT. I guess this is likely to work out, since the time is flying and stake holders (basically builders with unsold inventory) are losing patience.

Litigants in this situation are having a pseudo self feeling of being in better bargaining position. As I have stated earlier, hope better sense prevails, and settlement is reached amicably.

Agree

That's the best way forward

There is opportunity cost involved for almost everyone except litigants

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by vinnny

I guess that people that not yet applied will be losers in the end. They will eventually have to settle for leftover plots at alternate site which may not be at good locations/views. People that have applied first will obviously have opportunity to select better ones that suits them

BTW it seems ulti has now gone underground (as he had run out of ideas and was looking repetitive and boring) and has taken a new Avatar with Kalimai to spread negative propaganda about NPR for his vested interests. I request moderators and Admin to look into this and block such duplicate ID's which are specifically created to misguide people rather than sharing any valuable information

Even if this hypothesis is true, one need not write HINDI in ENGLISH. It is indeed painful to read HINDI in ENGLISH(Roman scripts)
    This guys used to write even HINDI IDIOMS & FAMOUS SAYINGS IN HINDI with each of the posts.

Regards
    CommentQuote