A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19775 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by ga_fms
    DEway is the worst location in gurgaon compared to other options i.e.Sector 8X, SPR, Sector3X,Sector 5X.

1. It is beyond old gurgaon and railway line and away from current centre of Gurgaon i.e New gurgaon and DLF side of NH 8.
    2. For those who enter Deway from KD area Sector 8X,Sector3X or Manesar are better options
    3. From Delhi the connectivity from Dwarka is not there
    4. Access road from Palam vihar is poor
    5. SPR and sector 5X and 6X are much better under developing locations on this side of NH8

Therfore if DEway can command a rate of Rs 1.25 Cr (avg 3 bedroom) for such poor location, the rates for the better location must be above Rs 2.5 Cr.

In Delhi area like Rajouri Garden, Janakpuri best locations, Pitampura, Rajendra Nagar have good 3BHK builder floor options in this range. Delhi market is already discounted 15% and prices are still in stagnating phase.

Thus pricing ond the projections of DEway (barring exceptions) requires realistic projections and analysis.

Sir, with all due respect, we are not comparing the right things. Raj. garden and such areas are centres of yester years. they have outgrown their planning and have become urban contradictions. Most people (this is a very subjective argument) these days like to live in secure, socially inclusive, well maintained areas with parking and health facilities and wide and planned roads and social infrastructure. While rates are high in these colonies, they have hit stagnation and have no potential for growth. These areas (DEW) offer connectivity to hubs (airport, trains, metro etc.)

Its totally a matter of perspective as to whether you see that as back of beyond or an upcoming centre. I remember when people used to call Vivek vihar or Noida as jungle and nobody would want to go there. Push vihar/Saket Community centre was a deserted land fill site, Today these places are more than posh urban centres with sprawling malls and hospitals and community centres. So the call about whether you want to invest in old centres or upcoming downtown areas is totally an invidvidually driven one. There is no wrong answer in this one :o
    CommentQuote
    DEway is the worst location in gurgaon compared to other options i.e.Sector 8X, SPR, Sector3X,Sector 5X.

1. It is beyond old gurgaon and railway line and away from current centre of Gurgaon i.e New gurgaon and DLF side of NH 8.
    2. For those who enter Deway from KD area Sector 8X,Sector3X or Manesar are better options
    5. SPR and sector 5X and 6X are much better under developing locations on this side of NH8

Therfore if DEway can command a rate of Rs 1.25 Cr (avg 3 bedroom) for such poor location, the rates for the better location must be above Rs 2.5 Cr.

In Delhi area like Rajouri Garden, Janakpuri best locations, Pitampura, Rajendra Nagar have good 3BHK builder floor options in this range. Delhi market is already discounted 15% and prices are still in stagnating phase.

Thus pricing ond the projections of DEway (barring exceptions) requires realistic projections and analysis.

Dear friend you cannot compare janakpuri and DEW
    Prices on DEW is high because of places like janakpuri in Delhi , people just don't want to live in a place where you have traffic jams almost every time of the day, very less green, people scrambling for every inch of land to park there car with each other and sometimes the rage goes so high they reach the point of killing each other.
    So the idea of a place so close to Delhi with so much wider roads, planned sector roads and apartments with all the luxury just attract everyone towards it.
    Now when it gets completed is separate issue but prices on DEW in good sectors are above 6500/-, ATS KACOON is a good example.it is a very good builder with very good location.
    CommentQuote
  • If you consider Rajouri Garden, Janakpuri best locations, Pitampura, Rajendra Nagar better than DEW then should go and buy there. Why to waste your time in posting to this forum? People must be fool to invest thousands of crores in DEW and not in the localities of Delhi that you just mentioned :)
    CommentQuote
  • While many of the seniors have already commented on this one: Let me give me you another way to think about it. Your opinion might be correct too.. this one's just mine.

Let's say you are a resident of Janakpuri (on rental) facing all these problems esp. parking.. what would you do? invest 1-1.25 Cr to buy the house you are living in? knowing that it won't appreciate much and your problems won't go away? Or buy a house in NPR at the same price? (newer construction, more area, more parking, more ameneties etc. and the hope of escalation - we all like it be it end user be it investor). The other problems of colored money etc. stay.

Of course SPR is better and Golf Course Road is even better.. but the price already factors that in. The good location of Golf Links in Delhi doesn't mean that Janakpuri is not selling.. so that is a paradox.

P.S. I live in Janakpuri (own house) and am invested in NPR (most likely going to move there when conditions permit. Was the valuation realistic will only be known after I have lived there for some time... right now it's hope.

Originally Posted by ga_fms

CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by varundhamija
    While many of the seniors have already commented on this one: Let me give me you another way to think about it. Your opinion might be correct too.. this one's just mine.

Let's say you are a resident of Janakpuri (on rental) facing all these problems esp. parking.. what would you do? invest 1-1.25 Cr to buy the house you are living in? knowing that it won't appreciate much and your problems won't go away? Or buy a house in NPR at the same price? (newer construction, more area, more parking, more ameneties etc. and the hope of escalation - we all like it be it end user be it investor). The other problems of colored money etc. stay.

Of course SPR is better and Golf Course Road is even better.. but the price already factors that in. The good location of Golf Links in Delhi doesn't mean that Janakpuri is not selling.. so that is a paradox.

P.S. I live in Janakpuri (own house) and am invested in NPR (most likely going to move there when conditions permit. Was the valuation realistic will only be known after I have lived there for some time... right now it's hope.

Very Well Said...
    CommentQuote
  • DEW is closest to possession

Any idea which project on DEW is closest to possession....say within the next 6 months....if any at all.....or will it take another 2 to 3 years time
    CommentQuote
  • You may be right that investment in DEWay has been the best.

DEWay is a very good road no doubt,

But the location is not great in gurgaon compared to other options i.e.Sector 8X, SPR, Sector3X,Sector 5X.

We are not evaluating investment, rather discussing so as to arrive at valuation of a 3 BHK 1600-1800 sf avg spec residential unit in DEway to enable an end user to anlyse for making a decision to habitate. .

Originally Posted by aviator777
    DEW ...a poor location..really ............my friend you lack vision, right now it may be in bad shape but 5 years down the line whatever sector you have quoted DEW will surpass them with a margin ( I am talking about in annual returns).

Just do some research on internet, DEW was in 2012 and 2013 the best investment option giving highest returns in NCR.that is because people and investors are not fools , they know the potential of this place once it is completed and running.
    Let it be completed, with widest road in the country, you will find difficult to find a house at reasonable price.

resale is happening at brisk pace, I can tell you that cause right now you can get best price as the whole real estate scenario is down, and in premium sectors you have to shell out in excess of 1.25 cr .
    CommentQuote
    Personal attacks on a discussion forum represent lack of knowledge, lack of insight, lack of logic, hollowness and the inaptitude /incompetence of the mind.

Still I am replying just for discussion sake and serving logical statements.

The prevailing rates of DEway for avg spec properties like Indiabulls centrum, Emaar Mgf gurgaoun greens are around 4500-5000 psf avg (and since these rates are below the builder price these represent profit to speculators who booked initially).

For a 1800 sf Apartment this is around 81-90 lakh say less tha 1 Cr.

The purpose of the discussion is to arrive at valuation of a 3 BHK 1600-1800 sf avg spec residential unit in DEway (poorly located zone)so that to enable an end user to anlyse for making a decision to habitate. .

The existing rates of DEW area is not for what it is now, but it factors in the logic for what it would be 7-8 years from now. We know it started with some Rs 2000/sqft and then went up. Considering nothing happens, even then it won't come down to those levels, though might stay at current levels for some more time. Now the logic of 1 Cr being unachievable was true for many service class people till few years ago. Unfortunately the Rupee depreciation and inflation, increased cost of materials and labours, increased salaries, growing number of NRI's and their interest in Indian property etc are some of the factors that has put 1 Cr as something which is now seen as affordable cost for a 3 Bhk in NCR or areas closer to it. DEW being closer to Delhi and Airport will have the potential to hold its rates. The cost of materials and labours would keep on increasing and so would be the rates of new property. Although we may debate on how much is too much, but the highest levels are always breached by new highs, which isn't the case with lows.

In my opinion, looking at the current situation, the people who can be disappointed in future are those who are either being too optimistic or too pessimistic about it.
    CommentQuote
    You may be right that investment in DEWay has been the best.

DEWay is a very good road no doubt,

But the location is not great in gurgaon compared to other options i.e.Sector 8X, SPR, Sector3X,Sector 5X.

We are not evaluating investment, rather discussing so as to arrive at valuation of a 3 BHK 1600-1800 sf avg spec residential unit in DEway to enable an end user to anlyse for making a decision to habitate. .

My friend you are talking about current conditions and current road connectivity, so who is doubting that it is in not good. it's an upcoming mega residential and commercial zone and it is still not completed.once it is completed all your points from 2-5 will be vanish.

Now regarding your point no.1 . Why you are accessing DEW with the distance from other gurgaon areas, once completed and your all planned commercial are up and running it will be place to be with all amenities , why to travel to main gurgaon .
    If this would have been thought about gurgaon in initial years when it was coming up that it is far far away from Central Delhi than gurgaon would have also failed.
    CommentQuote
  • Kudos for putting veiws fairly and objectively (it is very difficult to put any contrarion position w/o inviting personal attacks on IREF. Team BHP is good in this regard, very healthy discussion, no personal discord most often, good moderator intervention etc) .

Let me add that the cost of labor, material is over exaggerated.

Today's construction (including architectural works) cost of partment vary with Rs 1600(avg) to Rs2500(italian marble, jacuzzi) per sf built up area.

In super area (which is 30% more than built up area), the cost attributed comes to Rs 1250 to Rs 1950 per sf.

For last 2 years you can say the inflation is 10% (to have a max cost analysis) although cement and steel rates are same for last 3 years .

Anything above is markup to cover Ovehead, marketing and profit, location premium, positioning premium

Rupee depreciation has helped NRIs but not the residents.

Originally Posted by vinay21verma
    The existing rates of DEW area is not for what it is now, but it factors in the logic for what it would be 7-8 years from now. We know it started with some Rs 2000/sqft and then went up. Considering nothing happens, even then it won't come down to those levels, though might stay at current levels for some more time. Now the logic of 1 Cr being unachievable was true for many service class people till few years ago. Unfortunately the Rupee depreciation and inflation, increased cost of materials and labours, increased salaries, growing number of NRI's and their interest in Indian property etc are some of the factors that has put 1 Cr as something which is now seen as affordable cost for a 3 Bhk in NCR or areas closer to it. DEW being closer to Delhi and Airport will have the potential to hold its rates. The cost of materials and labours would keep on increasing and so would be the rates of new property. Although we may debate on how much is too much, but the highest levels are always breached by new highs, which isn't the case with lows.

In my opinion, looking at the current situation, the people who can be disappointed in future are those who are either being too optimistic or too pessimistic about it.
    CommentQuote
    Personal attacks on a discussion forum represent lack of knowledge, lack of insight, lack of logic, hollowness and the inaptitude /incompetence of the mind.

Still I am replying just for discussion sake and serving logical statements.

The prevailing rates of DEway for avg spec properties like Indiabulls centrum, Emaar Mgf gurgaoun greens are around 4500-5000 psf avg (and since these rates are below the builder price these represent profit to speculators who booked initially).

For a 1800 sf Apartment this is around 81-90 lakh say less tha 1 Cr.

The purpose of the discussion is to arrive at valuation of a 3 BHK 1600-1800 sf avg spec residential unit in DEway (poorly located zone)so that to enable an end user to anlyse for making a decision to habitate. .

U r only considering BSP, my calculations are total cost end user need to bear.

Rest please stop teaching lessons on Morality .. I don't know your motive of the negativity which are reflecting in your comments and respect ur point of view.. I have been a disciplined user since last 2 years and happy to continue same way!

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Friends HUDA latest report has been Updated

In bracket i have written the change in progress as per last report

1 Const. of Northern Peripheral Roadfrom Kherki Dula to Dwarka, Gurgaon

Budget forthe year 2013 -14 (Rs. in Lacs) -- 500.00

1 A Const. of road in 14 K.M length of available land Rs.5700.00Lacs Rs.4500.00Lacs

Upto dateExpenditure (01/2014) (Rs. in Lacs) -- 4130.44

Likely date of completion-- 30.06.2014

Remarks. -- Earth work completed = 14.00Km
    GSB & WMM Completed= 13.00Km
    DBM & B.C. Completed=12.80Km
    Kerbs Completed = 12.80Km
    Balance work will be completed 2 months/Km after handed over of possession.

1 B Const. of 4 Nos Culverts Rs.528.00Lacs / Rs.566.20Lacs

Remarks -
    • Work in progress & 30% workcomplete.
    • Work held up 1 No. culvert at STP
    Channel not started due to want of
    permission from Irrigation Deptt.
    • 1 No culvert has not started, due to
    non shifting of electric pole.

1 C SWD in 14 K.M available land Rs.2061.00Lacs / Rs.1862.60Lacs

Likely date of completion -- 31 -3-2014

Remarks - • 19.00 Km. length constructed and balance work is in progress.

1 D Const. of Balance Road (2 x 12.5m) and Cross Drainage etc.

Likely date of completion -- 31.10.2014

Remarks -- • DNIT was approved forRs.9.80Crores vide C.E-I PKL memo No. 15101 dt. 08.11.13 and tender is under process for approval.

2 Construction of Master Roads in New Sector–99 to 115, Gurgaon

Action Plan -- Balance Road = 350Mtr.is in progress. Stay = 85Mtr.
    200Mtr. yet to be acquired

Remarks -- Total Road length against approved estimate = 30.87Km. 10.93Km. Land under Acquisition

2 A Const. of 60Mtr. & 75 Mtr. Road Rs.8270.00Lacs

Likely date of completion ---

Remarks -- Total road length as per Tender / DNIT =16.60 Km.
    Total road completed at site = 16.60Km.
    • 350Mtr. in progress.(Bottlenecks)
    • 85Mtr. under stay.
    • 200Mtr., yet to be acquired.
    Clause – II has been imposed due to slow
    progress of work vide XEN-V, GGN
    letter No. 11229 dt 11.12.2012. However
    work is in progress & to be completed by

2 B Const. of 60Mtr. Road recently acquired road. Rs.856.30Lacs

Likely date of completion--- 31.03.2014

Remarks -- Total road length as per Tender / DNIT = 1.40 Km.
    1. BC of One Carriage completed.
    2. WMM of 2ndcarriage way is in progress.
    Clause – II imposed vide XEN-V letter No. 9732-34 dt. 11.10.2013.

2 C - Const. of 2 Nos. bridges / culvert Rs.530.00Lacs

Likely date of completion -- 31.03.2014
    Remarks -- Const. of 1 No. bridge/culvert upto slab level completed and PCC work in foundation of 2nd bridge/culvert completed.

Same as of Last month ]

https://www.huda.gov.in/Development%20Works/HUDA%20Major%20Projects.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ppgupta
    Could you please elucidate the CHAMATKAR! We are unable to track this. Please explain!

Regards

Hi,

It was a sarcastic comment, as it is being claimed that smaller size unit have lesser BSP and hence less costly which in my knowledge (again I am human :-) ) is totally ridiculous and don't have courage to defend the fact!!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by er.harjinder
    So now to move forward the discussion............

............For better understanding and brain storming on the issue..............I drove down from Delhi to the problem area...............I even got chance to speak to a litigant whose house was coming in the way......right in the middle of NPR.......

Following was facts and details of the discussion with one of the litigant.....in the affected area....

- He confirmed that he has 150 sq yard house constructed way back in 1996..........He got govt. notice under section 4 , 1894 (which it self is changed now under new law).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Major issue or Problem point of discussion

- HUDA's compensation offer against his property : Rs. 1800/ sq yard
    - HUDA's offer to get allotment : Rs. 20,000/sq yard (nearly 10 times what is getting)

The guy quoted that many people in the area are in favour of development........but they need adequate compensation...........not at the cost .....which is nearly 10 times.......

- He confirmed (to his best knowledge) now there is no more cases are pending. He confirmed the High court has directed to HUDA to give litigants.........best compensation........So all are negotiating.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now the undersatnding which gets derived.......

- People are ready to vaccate if they get better compensation.......plot of same size.....
    - They don't want to pay anything extra (for alternate plot allotment)......
    - Hon. High court has already confirmed that "benefit of these policies is
    inadmissible and can not be extended to the petitioners at par with
    occupants of the lawfully constructed structures".

Oreder against 3520 page 8
    . Should there be a direction to consider the claim of the
    petitioners with reference to the policy decision dated 26.10.2007 or
    24.01.2011, when their constructions are undisputably unauthorized
    and form part of an unauthorised colony disapproved by the Apex
    Court way back in the year 1997, is the solitary question that arises
    for consideration in this case. There is no conclusive proof of vesting
    of a valid title in favour of the petitioners in respect of the residential
    houses under there occupation. Special Power of Attorneys relied
    upon by them are not the valid substitute of registered instruments of
    transfer of title like `sale deed'. Even in the case of a valid title holder,
    the release of property under the cited policies would have the effect
    of regularizing an unauthorized construction. The alleged properties
    of the petitioners would, thus, become authorized indirectly though
    conferment of such a status is directly prohibited by law. We,
    therefore, are of the view that the benefit of these policies is
    inadmissible and can not be extended to the petitioners at par with
    occupants of the lawfully constructed structures.

Below is the policy ..........as also in the attached orders from Hon. High Court.

So now HUDA needs to work more efficiently.......and with lots commitment like never before........to settle the demands to the maximum extent...possible....in line with Hon. High cout orders......

Overall last 3-4 months lots of acceleration towards moving things faster.........but now as 88% work is done.........best efforts required......for balance 12% pending.

Lets see how things move forward........

Hi
    Greetings

Thanks for your most valuable inputs, pictures wrt law cases and judgement. Have been following your most constructive and factual posts.

Hope the next date in April 14 under the SLP 27256 of 2012, the issue gets settled once and for all. Hope SC does not send the case back to HC

The litigation area was hardly 2000 psy for years until the expressway was announced, now the affected crying for the moon is certainly not going to happen. Certainly Court cannot allow relief beyond policy and policy is state prerogative and land is a state subject. However for illegal structures, even these may not be applicable.

Critical question is, can we count on STUPID Huda, responsible for this mess to favour builders, wrt "seamless connectivity", assuming the land acquisition dispute gets resolved?
    Interruptions enroute wrt
    -Water Plant
    -HSIDC land
    -Electrical High tension Wires
    -Culverts over Drains, seasonal rivines yet not started
    -Kherki Dhula intersection not concluded
    -Delhi Connectivity is reported to be moving but not connected yet.

Above are all within the purview of Governement in haryana and Departments controlled by Central govt and Lt Governor. Earlier for Delhi Side connectivity, it was being alledged that MAIDAM ji was not allowing, now even she is sent packing for gods country as Governor to provide immunity against corruption charges, if proven.

ROB is a major hindrance amongst others.
    It is scary if one looks at HUDAs Pathetic Performance in their latest major project report. Malerna ROB, Faridabad being built in conjuction with Railways was approved, surveyed and tendered in 2005 and unlikely to be undelivered before June 14.. 9th year running.

Not sure if the rates have moved, any which way, over the last year.
    With 70%+ cost charged by most builders, can someone post current rates for

SIDHARTHA, 103
    1725, 1910, 1640, 2550, 1245, 1255, 1322 Sq Ft
    Estella

PURI CONST.111, Chauma Village
    82 Acres
    Diplomatic Greens ph1,2

INDIABULLS 110
    3400, 3350, 6780, 7430 Sq Ft
    Enigma

MAHINDRA LS LTD 110A
    2275/3175/3875 Sq Ft
    Aura Ph 1,2,3,4

BPTP 102
    Various Sizes
    Amstoria 102

ATS 109
    3045, 2095, 1745 Sq Ft
    Kocoon

Ansal 103
    1350, 1750, 1880, 2400 Sq Ft
    Highland Park

BRISK'109, 110, 112
    1703, 2022, 2637 Sq Ft
    Lumbini

Please volunteer to help keep the sheet on Dway Projects Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers Updated.

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • it seems no +ve development on DEW has demotivated the prospect buyers and investors...moral down :(
    CommentQuote