A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19762 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    First Picture was taken from above Sectors-88/89 showing sectors 88,89 and sectors-36/37 on the other side of NPR, Second one from above Sector 37 showing sectors-102,103,104,105,106. Third picture taken from above sector-88 showing sectors-37,99,102,103, 104 and beyond, and the fourth picture taken from above sectors-36/37 showing sectors-37,99,102 etc. and beyond.



    Thanks
    Any if 109 ?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by VB_States
    Thanks
    Any if 109 ?


    105/106/109 for you dear!
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    105/106/109 for you dear!


    And last Any of The Factory Situated in 106 ?,,,
    CommentQuote
  • MKG, thanks for the pics. What message do you want to share via these pics??
    CommentQuote
  • The message I get is 'Now that DEW is almost there, its just a matter of when, not if'. I wouldn't know what message was intended though:)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Maveric007
    The message I get is 'Now that DEW is almost there, its just a matter of when, not if'. I wouldn't know what message was intended though:)


    DEW is so near and so far. All depends on how deftly HUDA resolves NPV litigation.
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway updates

    Originally Posted by kamkish
    DEW is so near and so far. All depends on how deftly HUDA resolves NPV litigation.



    The other action that might help is to bring in delhi connectivity. Making the area more connected and encouraging inhabitation. Almost forcing a decision
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    105/106/109 for you dear!



    Thanks for the factual high level view update .

    Much appreciated to have an eye from the sky captain .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    105/106/109 for you dear!

    MKG bhai, Completely Out of Context...

    Sir Yeh MH370 ka kya scene hai? Did it relay flight data 4 hrs after dissapearing? Did it land on DEW? ;)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    MKG, thanks for the pics. What message do you want to share via these pics??


    Dear,

    I had no other intentions but to bring facts to this thread regarding construction status of NPR, as "A picture is worth a thousand words"!

    Since you have asked this, I am unable to restrain myself and wish to give a message:

    "Bhai logo, jo nahi bana hai uski wajah se sab bahut dukhi hain, par jitna ban gaya hai usko dekh kar khush ho lo"!!
    CommentQuote
  • EC nod removes Haryana plan hurdle

    Dipak Kumar Dash,TNN Mar 13, 2014, 05.41 AM IST

    NEW DELHI: Now it's a matter of days for Haryana to get its sub-regional plan approved, a move that will bring land licensing back on track in districts including Gurgaon, Faridabad and Sonipat. The Election Commission has given the nod to NCR Planning Board to hold a meeting to consider passage of the revised plan.

    The NCRPB secretariat had sought EC's clearance despite Delhi and UP governments expressing reservations on the urgency of the meeting when the poll code is in force. Confirming the EC nod, a senior government official said the meeting's date is yet to be decided. TOI could not independently verify whether the board's secretariat had submitted observations of Delhi and UP while seeking the permission.

    Earlier the Prime Minister's Office had asked the urban development ministry not to clear the state plan until observations of environment and forest ministry (MoEF) were addressed.

    Even MoEF had recently sent a letter to NCRPB asking it to safeguard the green provisions since the revised regional plan proposes allowing tourism in conservation zones and construction beyond 0.5% of the land. These are among the new amendments in the regional plan.

    However, sources said NCRPB secretariat will now only respond to the MoEF before notifying the regional plan. "We had rounds of meetings on the regional plan and Haryana's sub-regional plan. They never sent any observation and even their representatives hardly attended any meeting. Now when the plan has been passed by the board they have woken up," said a source.

    Environment activists have been raising their voice against Haryana's push to open green areas for commercial activities under the guise of tourism. The state government is also under pressure from the real estate lobby since licences for property development have been held back due to an order by Punjab and Haryana high court.

    EC nod removes Haryana plan hurdle - The Times of India
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    MKG bhai, Completely Out of Context...

    Sir Yeh MH370 ka kya scene hai? Did it relay flight data 4 hrs after dissapearing? Did it land on DEW? ;)


    MH-370 has become a real mystery! There are a lot of speculations in the industry, but the strongest possibility is of a flight control failure leading to sudden nose dive and consequent disappearance of the monster 777 in deep sea! No signals have come from the aircraft, either before or after it disappeared from radar screen.

    Really very very sad!
    CommentQuote
  • Historical Legal Backgroung plus current developments on Haryana Sub-Regional Plan

    NCR Planning Board prepared a Regional Plan with the perspective year 2021 for the National Capital Region which was notified on 17.09.2005. As per Section 10(2) of the Act of 1985, the Regional Plan shall include the manner in which the land in the National Capital Region shall be used whether by carrying out development thereon or by conservation or otherwise and such other matters as are likely to have any important influence on the development of the National Capital Region and every such plan shall include the elements needed to promote growth and balance development of the National Capital Region.

    After that, each participating state had to prepare a Sub-Regional Plan and had to get that approved by NCR Planning Board. However, no Sub-Regional Plan was prepared by the State of Haryana as required under the provisions of Section 17 of the Act of 1985. Thus, there is no consequent reference thereof to the NCR Planning Board in terms of the provisions of Section 19(1) of the Act of 1985. Without framing the said Sub-Regional Plan, the State of Haryana in its Town and Country Planning Department, vide notification dated 11.7.2006 issued under Section 5(4) of the Act of 1963, framed the Draft Development Plan, 2021-AD for Gurgaon-Manesar Urban Complex. The said Draft development Plan proposed the additional road links between Delhi and Gurgaon which were not provided in the Regional Plan prepared by the NCR Planning Board. The Draft Development Plan shows that the additional road links between Delhi and Gurgaon were proposed allegedly in consultation with the National Capital Region Planning Board and the Delhi Government. Therefore, Northern Peripheral Road was proposed even though it was neither in the NCR Plan nor was it in Delhi Master Plan. The Delhi side of the road was notified by DDA in its K-II Zonal plan that covers Dwarka area only on March 8, 2010.

    This Draft Development Plan was finalized when the new Final Development Plan 2021-AD for Gurgaon Manesar Urban Complex was notified vide notification No.CP(NCR)/FDP(c)/2007/359 dated 5.2.2007 published in the Haryana Government Gazette on the same day. It was in this Final Development Plan that the alignment of Northern Peripheral Road was changed.

    In consequence of the aforesaid Final Development Plan, the State of Haryana in its Urban Estates Department issued a notification No. LAC(G) NTLA-2008/1436 dated 25.1.2008 under section 4, published in the Haryana Government Gazette (Extra Ordinary) on the same day seeking to acquire lands situated in the revenue estates of villages Kherki Daula, Pawala Khasrupur, Choma, Harsaru, Sihi, Hayatpur, Garauli Kala, Daulatabad, Tikampur, Dhanwapur, Basai, Kherki Majra Dhankot and Dhankot, Tehsil and District Gurgaon. The aforesaid notification has been issued in terms of the provisions of Section 14 of the HUDA Act read with Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894. Vide the said notification the urgency provisions as contained in Section 17(1) and 17(4) of the said Act were also invoked. The land was finally acquired and an award was made dated 23.12.2009.


    Application of urgency provisions precludes application of the provisions of Section 5-A of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894. This section provides the Land owners to file objections why there land should not be acquired. In last 3 years, the Supreme Court has given 4 to 5 judgments in favour of the land owner where the urgency provisions had been applied. The Supreme Court has come out very strongly against invoking of urgency provisions.
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    Sri Radhy Shyam (Dead) Through L.Rs. and others ......Appellants Versus
    State of U.P. and others ......Respondents
    .............................J. ..............................J.
    New Delhi; April 15, 2011.
    Part of judgment quoted:

    (v) Section 17(1) read with Section 17(4) confers extraordinary power upon the State to acquire private property without complying with the mandate of Section 5-A. These provisions can be invoked only when the purpose of acquisition cannot brook the delay of even a few weeks or months. Therefore, before excluding the application of Section 5-A, the authority concerned must be fully satisfied that time of few weeks or months likely to be taken in conducting inquiry under Section 5-A will, in all probability, frustrate the public purpose for which land is proposed to be acquired.

    The following are other Supreme Court cases that also favour land owners case:
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    CIVIL APPEAL NO. 11169 OF 2011
    Darshan Lal Nagpal (dead) by L.Rs. ... Appellants
    versus
    Government of NCT of Delhi and others


    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    Devender Kumar Tyagi & Ors. ............ Petitioners
    versus
    State of U.P. & Ors. ........Respondent
    ..................J. ...........................J.
    New Delhi, August 23, 2011

    As can be observed that when the land was acquired, there was no reason to use the urgency clause. The Supreme Court will not uphold the use of urgency clause if the case goes to the Supreme Court. Even, if the petitioners do not get relief in the High Court, they will definitely get relief in the Supreme Court.

    Both points, of Haryana not having prepared Sub-Regional Plan as well as the invoking of urgency clause have been taken up by the petitioners in case filed with Punjab and Haryana High Court: Jandha Singh oths. Vs Union of India & others, 8055 of 2008. It is the lead case in which the stay has been given by the High Court and the proceedings were cine die until recent past. I am not sure of the status now. It was last listed on Jan 1, 2011.
    PUNJAB & HARYANA HIGH COURT
    CASE STATUS INFORMATION SYSTEM


    Case Status :PENDING
    Status of CIVIL WRIT PETITION 8055 of 2008
    JANDHA SINGH AND ORS. Vs. UNION OF INDIA AND ORS.
    Pet's Adv. : SHAILENDRA JAIN
    Last Listed On : Saturday, January 01, 2011


    On Sub-Regional Plan, another bench of the Punjab and High Court has already stayed issuing of new licenses, change in CLU (Change of Land Use) and land acquisitions in Gurgaon till Haryana Sub-Regional Plan is approved by NCR Planning Board and notified. This strengthens the case of the land owners as it establishes the illegality of the land acquired for the Northern Peripheral Road. The following is the news in the Hindu dated Jan 24:
    Court orders

    Court orders ‘freeze’ on Haryana land deals

    “The Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed the Haryana government not to issue any colony development licences, change of land use or acquire any lands until its sub-regional plan for the 11 districts falling in the National Capital Region (NCR) is approved by the NCR Planning Board.

    The order was issued by a double Bench headed by Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul while hearing an ongoing case by two farmers who are pleading that the two master plans of Gurgaon 2025 and 2031, prepared in the last three years should be set aside as they are in violation of Section 14 of the NCRPB Act.

    The petitioners had pleaded that the two master plans are not only in violation of the Regional Plan of the NCR in force since 2005, but do not figure in the regional plan for the State that is mandated by the NCRPB.

    Puneet Bali, counsel for the petitioners, said: “The court order came after Haryana’s secretary town and country planning informed the court that the State has not yet notified the sub-regional plan for the area under NCR, even though the NCR regional plan was been in force since 2005.”

    The order assumes significance because the two master plans for Gurgaon made by the Haryana government in quick succession had generated widespread concern among environmental experts, as they had significant dilutions in the environmental safeguards provided for in the NCR regional plan. Hailing the court direction, environment analyst Chetan Agarwal said it could have some impact on the upcoming master plan of Mangar Bani and protect the eco-sensitive zones in the area.

    “Ideally, the sub-regional plan for the 11 districts of Haryana falling under the NCR should have been approved by the NCRPB before the master plans for Gurgaon were approved. But it did not happen and a lot of eco-sensitive and water recharge zones were lost to haphazard development planned in the two master plans. The most glaring example being the Ghata Lake which had been natural water recharge zone, but the master plan allowed residential and commercial development there. Any such direction by court earlier could have prevented the messy development. But it is better late than never.”

    Colonel (retd) S. Oberoi said the court direction may not have any direct bearing on the development in the region, but is a moral victory for environmentalists. “We have always been maintaining that the sub-regional plan should have been approved before the master plans for Gurgaon were prepared. But it was overlooked by the board. The sub-regional plan for Gurgaon has been submitted to NCRPB just a month ago while the master plans were approved a long ago. Now there are attempts to even dilute the provisions in the NCR Regional Plan-2021 and mould them as per the sub-regional plan and master plans, though it should be other the way round.”

    It is because of this judgment that Haryana Govt is in a rush to have the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan cleared from NCR Planning Board. The reason for the same is not the public interest. It is to protect the vested interests of the politicians and HOODA in particular and the builders. But the problem with Haryana Sub-Regional Plan is that the politicians and builder have acquired lands in Natural Conservation Zones where construction was not permitted. For this to happen, first NCR Plan had to be revised. NCR Planning Board is headed by the Urban Development Minister, Kamal Nath, who also has beneficial interest in a lot of land banks in Gurgaon. In the last meeting of NCR Planning Board meeting on Jan 20, strong objections were raised by Delhi’s Lt. Governor to a lot of changes proposed to be made in the NCR Plan especially related to the environment. He insisted that his objections be brought on record. He insisted as he knew that nothing that he discussed would ever be brought on record. However, the final revised NCR Plan was approved without addressing any of the concerns of the environmentalists and the Lt. Governor of Delhi. This revised NCR Plan virtually incorporated everything that HOODA and the builders wanted without any regard to the basic spirit of the NCR Act and the ecological and environmental concerns. However, this revised NCR Plan is yet to be notified. Kamal Nath, through his proxies in NCR Board, will push to have it notified. Now the next step was to approve the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan. As both HOODA and Kamal Nath have a vested interest, and they also knew that Haryana Plan will never be approved in its current form if Kamal Nath is not the Urban Development minister. Therefore, they wanted to rush the Haryana Plan through NCR Planning Board before the General Elections. A meeting for the same was scheduled on March 6. Here is list of dates of NCR Board meetings:

    Board Meetings



    Meetings Date Venue
    34th 20-Jan-14 India Habitat Centre
    33rd 01-Jul-13 India Habitat Centre

    32nd 22-Mar-12 India Habitat Centre

    31st 11-Nov-09 Vigyan Bhawan
    30th 21-Aug-07 India Habitat Centre
    29th 24-May-06 India Habitat Centre
    28th 09-Jul-05 India Habitat Centre
    27th 28-Oct-04 Parliament Annexe
    26th 16-Jan-04 India Habitat Centre
    25th 12-Jul-00 India Habitat Centre
    24th 23-Mar-99 India Habitat Centre
    23rd 13-Jun-98 India Habitat Centre
    22nd 22-Sep-97 Parliament Annexe
    21st 15-Mar-97 Science Centre, Lodhi Estate
    20th 19-Aug-96 Vigyan Bhawan
    19th 17-Nov-95 Parliament Annexe
    18th 10-Jan-95 Parliament Annexe
    17th 21-Mar-94 Parliament Annexe
    16th 15-Jun-93 Parliament Annexe
    15th 14-Sep-92 Parliament Annexe
    14th 03-Jun-92 Parliament Annexe
    13th 30-Sep-91 Parliament Annexe
    12th 15-Jan-91 Parliament Annexe
    11th 09-Apr-90 Parliament Annexe
    10th 12-May-89 Parliament Annexe
    9th 03-Nov-88 Parliament Annexe
    8th 17-May-88 Parliament Annexe
    7th 20-Jan-88 Parliament Annexe
    6th 21-Jul-87 Vigyan Bhawan
    5th 17-Feb-87 Vigyan Bhawan
    4th 29-Aug-86 Vigyan Bhawan
    3rd 03-Jul-86 Vigyan Bhawan
    2nd 20-Nov-85 Parliament House
    1st 04-Jun-85 Vigyan Bhawan

    Never in the 30 years history of NCR Board has a meeting taken place within a period of 45 days.

    However, when the elections were announced on March 5, they were caught off guard as the NCR meeting was scheduled on March 6. On March 5, the model code of conduct became applicable. Even this did not deter the NCR Board to re-schedule its meeting of March 6. However, on March 5 some other developments happened. UP informed NCR Board that there representative will not be coming because of the Model Code of Conduct. Delhi Govt through Lt Governor also expressed its concerns in rushing through the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan. Also, in one of the rare cases, the PMO office instructed the NCR Board not to clear Haryana Sub-Regional Plan without addressing the concerns of the Ministry of Environment. It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.
    CommentQuote
  • An old News - NHAI, transport officials to discuss SPR expressway

    Hindustan Times Gurgaon, December 06, 2011
    The secretary-level talks between Haryana government and officials of the Union ministry of road transport and highways and National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) will soon take place in Delhi.

    The meeting will centre around the issue of changing the alignment of the Southern Peripheral Roads (SPR) Expressway connecting NH-8 before Kherki Daula toll plaza. The proposed alignment of SPR (starting from MG Road) connects NH-8 about 1 km before the Kherki Daula toll plaza. SPR has acquired the status of national highway and has been allotted number 236.


    Though the Northern Peripheral Road (NPR) (Dwarka-NH-8) also connects NH-8 a little before Kherki Daula, it is yet to attain the status of a national highway. However, in future, it is likely to get the same.


    NHAI officials feel that if residents wish to move in localities along the SPR, they need to pay toll for the 1 km distance that they travel. Similarly, residents of Ambience Island, near Delhi border toll plaza, pay toll at a distance of 500 metre while crossing the plaza on way to Delhi.


    The ministry of road transport and highways wants both the roads — NPR and SPR — to converge at NH-8 (towards Manesar), 1 km after the toll plaza, citing better management of traffic.


    However, the government wants to go ahead with the original plan of connecting the highway with the two roads before the toll plaza.


    Ministry officials have accused the Haryana government of favouring the Gurgaon Expressway developer, whose revenue will increase manifold as the entire Jaipur-bound traffic using SPR and NPR will converge at the toll plaza.


    SPR connects MG Road to Gurgaon Expressway (NH-8), while NPR connects Dwarka in Delhi with the Expressway through New Palam Vihar and newly marked sectors in Gurgaon master plan 2021.


    During a meeting between ministry officials and the state government in March, both sides had heated arguments on the issue, a source said.

    Does anyone has any update on the status of this issue?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1
    NCR Planning Board prepared a Regional Plan with the perspective year 2021 for the National Capital Region which was notified on 17.09.2005. As per Section 10(2) of the Act of 1985, the Regional Plan shall include the manner in which the land in the National Capital Region shall be used whether by carrying out development thereon or by conservation or otherwise and such other matters as are likely to have any important influence on the development of the National Capital Region and every such plan shall include the elements needed to promote growth and balance development of the National Capital Region.

    After that, each participating state had to prepare a Sub-Regional Plan and had to get that approved by NCR Planning Board. However, no Sub-Regional Plan was prepared by the State of Haryana as required under the provisions of Section 17 of the Act of 1985. Thus, there is no consequent reference thereof to the NCR Planning Board in terms of the provisions of Section 19(1) of the Act of 1985. Without framing the said Sub-Regional Plan, the State of Haryana in its Town and Country Planning Department, vide notification dated 11.7.2006 issued under Section 5(4) of the Act of 1963, framed the Draft Development Plan, 2021-AD for Gurgaon-Manesar Urban Complex. The said Draft development Plan proposed the additional road links between Delhi and Gurgaon which were not provided in the Regional Plan prepared by the NCR Planning Board. The Draft Development Plan shows that the additional road links between Delhi and Gurgaon were proposed allegedly in consultation with the National Capital Region Planning Board and the Delhi Government. Therefore, Northern Peripheral Road was proposed even though it was neither in the NCR Plan nor was it in Delhi Master Plan. The Delhi side of the road was notified by DDA in its K-II Zonal plan that covers Dwarka area only on March 8, 2010.

    This Draft Development Plan was finalized when the new Final Development Plan 2021-AD for Gurgaon Manesar Urban Complex was notified vide notification No.CP(NCR)/FDP(c)/2007/359 dated 5.2.2007 published in the Haryana Government Gazette on the same day. It was in this Final Development Plan that the alignment of Northern Peripheral Road was changed.

    In consequence of the aforesaid Final Development Plan, the State of Haryana in its Urban Estates Department issued a notification No. LAC(G) NTLA-2008/1436 dated 25.1.2008 under section 4, published in the Haryana Government Gazette (Extra Ordinary) on the same day seeking to acquire lands situated in the revenue estates of villages Kherki Daula, Pawala Khasrupur, Choma, Harsaru, Sihi, Hayatpur, Garauli Kala, Daulatabad, Tikampur, Dhanwapur, Basai, Kherki Majra Dhankot and Dhankot, Tehsil and District Gurgaon. The aforesaid notification has been issued in terms of the provisions of Section 14 of the HUDA Act read with Section 4 of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894. Vide the said notification the urgency provisions as contained in Section 17(1) and 17(4) of the said Act were also invoked. The land was finally acquired and an award was made dated 23.12.2009.


    Application of urgency provisions precludes application of the provisions of Section 5-A of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894. This section provides the Land owners to file objections why there land should not be acquired. In last 3 years, the Supreme Court has given 4 to 5 judgments in favour of the land owner where the urgency provisions had been applied. The Supreme Court has come out very strongly against invoking of urgency provisions.
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    Sri Radhy Shyam (Dead) Through L.Rs. and others ......Appellants Versus
    State of U.P. and others ......Respondents
    .............................J. ..............................J.
    New Delhi; April 15, 2011.
    Part of judgment quoted:

    (v) Section 17(1) read with Section 17(4) confers extraordinary power upon the State to acquire private property without complying with the mandate of Section 5-A. These provisions can be invoked only when the purpose of acquisition cannot brook the delay of even a few weeks or months. Therefore, before excluding the application of Section 5-A, the authority concerned must be fully satisfied that time of few weeks or months likely to be taken in conducting inquiry under Section 5-A will, in all probability, frustrate the public purpose for which land is proposed to be acquired.

    The following are other Supreme Court cases that also favour land owners case:
    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    CIVIL APPEAL NO. 11169 OF 2011
    Darshan Lal Nagpal (dead) by L.Rs. ... Appellants
    versus
    Government of NCT of Delhi and others


    IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
    Devender Kumar Tyagi & Ors. ............ Petitioners
    versus
    State of U.P. & Ors. ........Respondent
    ..................J. ...........................J.
    New Delhi, August 23, 2011

    As can be observed that when the land was acquired, there was no reason to use the urgency clause. The Supreme Court will not uphold the use of urgency clause if the case goes to the Supreme Court. Even, if the petitioners do not get relief in the High Court, they will definitely get relief in the Supreme Court.

    Both points, of Haryana not having prepared Sub-Regional Plan as well as the invoking of urgency clause have been taken up by the petitioners in case filed with Punjab and Haryana High Court: Jandha Singh oths. Vs Union of India & others, 8055 of 2008. It is the lead case in which the stay has been given by the High Court and the proceedings were cine die until recent past. I am not sure of the status now. It was last listed on Jan 1, 2011.
    PUNJAB & HARYANA HIGH COURT
    CASE STATUS INFORMATION SYSTEM


    Case Status :PENDING
    Status of CIVIL WRIT PETITION 8055 of 2008
    JANDHA SINGH AND ORS. Vs. UNION OF INDIA AND ORS.
    Pet's Adv. : SHAILENDRA JAIN
    Last Listed On : Saturday, January 01, 2011


    On Sub-Regional Plan, another bench of the Punjab and High Court has already stayed issuing of new licenses, change in CLU (Change of Land Use) and land acquisitions in Gurgaon till Haryana Sub-Regional Plan is approved by NCR Planning Board and notified. This strengthens the case of the land owners as it establishes the illegality of the land acquired for the Northern Peripheral Road. The following is the news in the Hindu dated Jan 24:
    Court orders

    Court orders ‘freeze’ on Haryana land deals

    “The Punjab and Haryana High Court has directed the Haryana government not to issue any colony development licences, change of land use or acquire any lands until its sub-regional plan for the 11 districts falling in the National Capital Region (NCR) is approved by the NCR Planning Board.

    The order was issued by a double Bench headed by Chief Justice Sanjay Kishan Kaul while hearing an ongoing case by two farmers who are pleading that the two master plans of Gurgaon 2025 and 2031, prepared in the last three years should be set aside as they are in violation of Section 14 of the NCRPB Act.

    The petitioners had pleaded that the two master plans are not only in violation of the Regional Plan of the NCR in force since 2005, but do not figure in the regional plan for the State that is mandated by the NCRPB.

    Puneet Bali, counsel for the petitioners, said: “The court order came after Haryana’s secretary town and country planning informed the court that the State has not yet notified the sub-regional plan for the area under NCR, even though the NCR regional plan was been in force since 2005.”

    The order assumes significance because the two master plans for Gurgaon made by the Haryana government in quick succession had generated widespread concern among environmental experts, as they had significant dilutions in the environmental safeguards provided for in the NCR regional plan. Hailing the court direction, environment analyst Chetan Agarwal said it could have some impact on the upcoming master plan of Mangar Bani and protect the eco-sensitive zones in the area.

    “Ideally, the sub-regional plan for the 11 districts of Haryana falling under the NCR should have been approved by the NCRPB before the master plans for Gurgaon were approved. But it did not happen and a lot of eco-sensitive and water recharge zones were lost to haphazard development planned in the two master plans. The most glaring example being the Ghata Lake which had been natural water recharge zone, but the master plan allowed residential and commercial development there. Any such direction by court earlier could have prevented the messy development. But it is better late than never.”

    Colonel (retd) S. Oberoi said the court direction may not have any direct bearing on the development in the region, but is a moral victory for environmentalists. “We have always been maintaining that the sub-regional plan should have been approved before the master plans for Gurgaon were prepared. But it was overlooked by the board. The sub-regional plan for Gurgaon has been submitted to NCRPB just a month ago while the master plans were approved a long ago. Now there are attempts to even dilute the provisions in the NCR Regional Plan-2021 and mould them as per the sub-regional plan and master plans, though it should be other the way round.”

    It is because of this judgment that Haryana Govt is in a rush to have the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan cleared from NCR Planning Board. The reason for the same is not the public interest. It is to protect the vested interests of the politicians and HOODA in particular and the builders. But the problem with Haryana Sub-Regional Plan is that the politicians and builder have acquired lands in Natural Conservation Zones where construction was not permitted. For this to happen, first NCR Plan had to be revised. NCR Planning Board is headed by the Urban Development Minister, Kamal Nath, who also has beneficial interest in a lot of land banks in Gurgaon. In the last meeting of NCR Planning Board meeting on Jan 20, strong objections were raised by Delhi’s Lt. Governor to a lot of changes proposed to be made in the NCR Plan especially related to the environment. He insisted that his objections be brought on record. He insisted as he knew that nothing that he discussed would ever be brought on record. However, the final revised NCR Plan was approved without addressing any of the concerns of the environmentalists and the Lt. Governor of Delhi. This revised NCR Plan virtually incorporated everything that HOODA and the builders wanted without any regard to the basic spirit of the NCR Act and the ecological and environmental concerns. However, this revised NCR Plan is yet to be notified. Kamal Nath, through his proxies in NCR Board, will push to have it notified. Now the next step was to approve the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan. As both HOODA and Kamal Nath have a vested interest, and they also knew that Haryana Plan will never be approved in its current form if Kamal Nath is not the Urban Development minister. Therefore, they wanted to rush the Haryana Plan through NCR Planning Board before the General Elections. A meeting for the same was scheduled on March 6. Here is list of dates of NCR Board meetings:

    Board Meetings



    Meetings Date Venue
    34th 20-Jan-14 India Habitat Centre
    33rd 01-Jul-13 India Habitat Centre

    32nd 22-Mar-12 India Habitat Centre

    31st 11-Nov-09 Vigyan Bhawan
    30th 21-Aug-07 India Habitat Centre
    29th 24-May-06 India Habitat Centre
    28th 09-Jul-05 India Habitat Centre
    27th 28-Oct-04 Parliament Annexe
    26th 16-Jan-04 India Habitat Centre
    25th 12-Jul-00 India Habitat Centre
    24th 23-Mar-99 India Habitat Centre
    23rd 13-Jun-98 India Habitat Centre
    22nd 22-Sep-97 Parliament Annexe
    21st 15-Mar-97 Science Centre, Lodhi Estate
    20th 19-Aug-96 Vigyan Bhawan
    19th 17-Nov-95 Parliament Annexe
    18th 10-Jan-95 Parliament Annexe
    17th 21-Mar-94 Parliament Annexe
    16th 15-Jun-93 Parliament Annexe
    15th 14-Sep-92 Parliament Annexe
    14th 03-Jun-92 Parliament Annexe
    13th 30-Sep-91 Parliament Annexe
    12th 15-Jan-91 Parliament Annexe
    11th 09-Apr-90 Parliament Annexe
    10th 12-May-89 Parliament Annexe
    9th 03-Nov-88 Parliament Annexe
    8th 17-May-88 Parliament Annexe
    7th 20-Jan-88 Parliament Annexe
    6th 21-Jul-87 Vigyan Bhawan
    5th 17-Feb-87 Vigyan Bhawan
    4th 29-Aug-86 Vigyan Bhawan
    3rd 03-Jul-86 Vigyan Bhawan
    2nd 20-Nov-85 Parliament House
    1st 04-Jun-85 Vigyan Bhawan

    Never in the 30 years history of NCR Board has a meeting taken place within a period of 45 days.

    However, when the elections were announced on March 5, they were caught off guard as the NCR meeting was scheduled on March 6. On March 5, the model code of conduct became applicable. Even this did not deter the NCR Board to re-schedule its meeting of March 6. However, on March 5 some other developments happened. UP informed NCR Board that there representative will not be coming because of the Model Code of Conduct. Delhi Govt through Lt Governor also expressed its concerns in rushing through the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan. Also, in one of the rare cases, the PMO office instructed the NCR Board not to clear Haryana Sub-Regional Plan without addressing the concerns of the Ministry of Environment. It was then that the NCR Board decided to defer the meeting and seek the approval of the Election Commission to hold a meeting. This permission was recd on March 12. Now the meeting of the NCR Board will be scheduled sometime in the future. The fact that the instructions of the PMO office may be ignored shows that there are heavy stakes involved and HOODA and Kamal Nath will go to any extent to see the Haryana Sub-Regional Plan approved. However, they will have to address the concerns of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MOEF). As the new provisions in the revised NCR Plan makes it mandatory to seek approval of MOEF, it would create additional opportunities for the corrupt Beaureaucrats to make money. Even now, every project in Gurgaon requires environmental clearance and bribes are paid for that. However, HOODA, Kamal Nath, T.C.Gupta and Haryana Builders are pushing for a plan, that would be disasterous for Gurgaon in the long run. There is no legal hurdle in Haryana’s Sub-Regional Plan getting approved but it does not have to be at the cost of the disturbing the ecological balance of Gurgaon.

    I understand that all of us on this forum have a vested interested in Northern Peripheral Road in getting completed. Most of us have invested our life’s savings on this road. I have seen a lot of discussion on this forum relating to Northern Peripheral Road. However, there are very few people who have a real insite into the real issues involved. Hope the information provided helps.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.

    Approval will be granted without any serious reservations. However, it will be for the Court to judge any malafide intentions in the CLU process.
    CommentQuote