Collapse

NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 2 days ago
21917 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Finally after a delay of nearly six months, the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) has approved an estimate of R63 crore for construction of railway overbridge on the Gurgaon-Rewari rail track.

The track crosses the northern peripheral road (NPR), which is also called Dwarka Expressway, near Dhankot and Garhi Harsaru.

Huda gave its nod to the big-ticket project a few days ago, as it was considered a big hurdle to the NPR which has been hit by several other infrastructure projects, delaying its completion twice in the last two years.

The rail overbridge construction work will start soon after Huda awards the tender in the next three months, said a senior Huda official.

“We will float a tender in a fortnight to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) and we aim to start construction work latest by June end,” said AK Maken, executive engineer HUDA. He said that the total length of the rail overbridge will be nearly 1km connecting Dhankot and Garhi Harsaru in Gurgaon aimed at giving safe way to the commuters.

Sources: Rs 63-cr rail overbridge to come up on NPR - Hindustan Times

Comment

Originally posted by cookie View Post
      Many have shared many development pics in this forum, search a bit, you will get..
      I am sorry I am unable to find them, since you follow me everywhere please do me a favour of compiling those pics in one place.

Rohit

Comment

Originally posted by defender View Post
        Normally the amount of flats in 11 acre group housing is around 500+ in various sizes. So Larger sizes should be around 40 per acre. No proof though, just an Idea.
        We dont need to speculate with this number. There is a formulae.
        Pls. multiply the total area with the FAR that the govt. has allowed. This is different for different places and different classes of buildings voz. residential, industrial, instituitonal, group housing etc..
        for eg. in Gurgaon for group housing the maximum possible has FAR is 1.75 (pls. cross check this, I may be slightly wrong), so for a 1 acre plot this is the calculation :
        1 acre = 43560 sq fts. x 1.75 (FAR) = 76230 sq ft. of built areas, so assuming the question of 2000 sq fts/flat you will have 38 flats in an acre (76230/2000)

in Noida though this can be as high as 82 flats (of 2000 sqft.) with the FAR being 3.75. So if you see ATS one hamlet they have packed close to 1200 flats in 10 acres (with a mix of 1600, 2000 and 2950 units). Also not included in the FAR are basement parkings, stilits, and mezzanines. So the builders use this to extract more saleable areas and still sell all the non FAR areas too.

Defender - you are bang on with the number 40 in gurgaon in this case.

Comment

Senior Moderators - I am neither as expereinced nor seasoned blogger as you guys are. So may be I am just asking the same question as thousands before have asked. IREF is by far the best available RE blog sapce available in India. Is it possible to have a section for graphics only (no long writings - dont get me wrong, the writings are a wonderful way to thrash things out, but they just deviate you from the topic).

So if we have a section where members can only post an image with a caption. Sorted by areas and projects just as threads. So members abroad can see project completion statuses, road development and many other things in graphic. Things are so much more clear then. Someone hasn't simply said a picture speaks a thousand words.

For. eg. Manoja has done a commendable job of doing and maintaining a thread for all Dway related press releases and other development without much clutter of discussions etc. This may allow us to get to things quick and easy.

I dont know if this post should remain here or somewhere else, but I dont know how to write to Moderators or system admin separately, pls. feel free to move this around.
          Last edited by Bala2107; April 22 2013, 06:08 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by gmunishg View Post
            Finally after a delay of nearly six months, the Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) has approved an estimate of R63 crore for construction of railway overbridge on the Gurgaon-Rewari rail track.

The track crosses the northern peripheral road (NPR), which is also called Dwarka Expressway, near Dhankot and Garhi Harsaru.

Huda gave its nod to the big-ticket project a few days ago, as it was considered a big hurdle to the NPR which has been hit by several other infrastructure projects, delaying its completion twice in the last two years.

The rail overbridge construction work will start soon after Huda awards the tender in the next three months, said a senior Huda official.

“We will float a tender in a fortnight to prepare the detailed project report (DPR) and we aim to start construction work latest by June end,” said AK Maken, executive engineer HUDA. He said that the total length of the rail overbridge will be nearly 1km connecting Dhankot and Garhi Harsaru in Gurgaon aimed at giving safe way to the commuters.

Are you serious! I read only a couple of days back that HUDA has only 50Cr as provisions for this project from EDC collections and the rest will have to be FOUND. Have they found a solution to the rest of the 13 odd crores. Thats really good news, if true. I thought they will linger with this for the rest of the year and then sanction an additional 10 crores by when the project cost would have escalated ti 75 crores and then they will be looking for 15 crores more even after the 10 crores. The usual stuff, you see...

Can someone pls. confirm that this press release is not older to the one saying they need 13 crores as viability gap funding.

Comment

Fbd Vs GGN - The mother of all differences - One city had the advantage of having a car company called maruti and the other didnt. that also shows which city had the blessings of one of the most influential families in the country. I also feel that if certain things had gone right, GGN would have got a swedish backed aviation industry in the early 1980's.

Comment

Originally posted by Bala2107 View Post
                Fbd Vs GGN - The mother of all differences - One city had the advantage of having a car company called maruti and the other didnt. that also shows which city had the blessings of one of the most influential families in the country. I also feel that if certain things had gone right, GGN would have got a swedish backed aviation industry in the early 1980's.
                May I add GECIS/Genpact as well? KP Singh was F-I-L of Pramod Bhasin. So when GE wanted to setup its ops in India, Pramod made sure that its in Gurgaon, where DLF had large Land banks....KP Singh also credits his connections in govt to chance meeting with Rajiv Gandhi on a road near Chattarpur

Comment

Download our Android App! | Please Read IREF Rules | FAQ's

Comment

Originally posted by gmunishg View Post

Hi
                    Greetings

This is THE most important news that was awaited since the last 3 years of dway announcement. This would make all 3x/8x properties, about 10 mins from any 10x sector and vice versa on dway, ONCE COMPLETED

Hope the DPR is done properly and adequate provisions made for removing any interference like High Tension Wires unlike Malerna Overbridge ROB in Fbd where the project is yet to be completed after 7 years of launch.

This should solve half the problems on dwarka expressway.. Guess will take about 2-3 years to complete, if all goes well.

Lets wait for the tender and finally start of work now!!

Cheers
                    Last edited by BlessU; April 22 2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

DPR will be done soon.....Govt has to make arrangements before election code come sinto picture........otherwise all the money builder paid Mr. H is at risk to get wasted if same govt. does not come back to power.....
                      Take the history - the Govt. is always active rather than passive before elections. They have to clear what they are paid off under the table.

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X