A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19772 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Relax guys. Lets not make this into a nasty boxing rink.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ultichakri
    In my view this metro link is not beneficial for sectors across NPR or 75m wide road, 95% of new sectors are 4 to 20+ km away from nearest metro station and that too would be approachable after hassle-full railway crossing. Hence, as per my perception this metro link has nothing to do with NPR, it would be more beneficial to old Gurgaon colonies/sectors than anywhere else.

It would be better to remain focus on NPR topic related issues. Which has now following new obstacles:

1. Present govt. lose the hope of revival of this project and seems they have put-down their arms after heavy defeat in Parliament Elections.

2. HUDA is not keen now to execute this project further.

3. Litigation issues remain pending and how authority would justify the survey not done prior to finalizing the alignment.

4. Demolishing of houses/temple/factories are not easy task, its already proved, now what is the solution.

5. Will New State govt. after October assembly election would pursue this project.

6. What happened to Delhi side connectivity when their is no decision maker.

7. All the basic amenities are proposed along with NPR, what would be fate of the projects where NPR wouldn't come.

Above are now new issues apart from following old issues:

1. NHAI denying connectivity of DEW to NH8 before Kherki Daula toll plaza whereas Haryana govt rigid to done it before toll plaza, so far no solution found.

2. Delhi side alignment not finalized neither Delhi authority giving any interest on this project.

3. ROB construction

4. Litigation cases are pending and even number of cases are being increasing (as per information few more cases has been filed recently and where verdict had already delivered even these petitioners are also moving to HC (for RO) and SC).

5. As per NPR planning 60m (30+30) wide green belt would provided both side of road and HT lines would go above from this green belt. Land acquisition for green belt not yet started than how the electricity would provided and sub-station executed.

6 . Few old issues like: Shifting tanks of Basai WTP providing land for 500m long NPR has not done so far neither any action initiated.

चुल्लू-चुल्लू साधेगा, दुआरे हाथी बाँधेगा

Height of pessimism...................... One simple thing that why do we forget that builders have irreversibly put truck loads of money in these sectors and now there is no way out but to develop them
    CommentQuote
  • Builder isnt responsible for sector infrastructure as it comes under HUDA purview.
    How many projects does DLF ( the most influential builder) have on NPR? Just because investors have given truckloads of money to builders doesn't mean builder is responsible for anything beyond the project. Builder assumes investors have done homework while giving him their money.
    CommentQuote
  • and done this is Indias broadest road and has to come to give JHATKA TO NO OF US. Govt cant afford to sit over this scale project inany case
    CommentQuote
  • If the widest road of India , backed by 2 State Govts along with a lobby of powerful builders along with common public's money and only 18 km long connecting the national capital to Gurgaon , remains in limbo due to litigations , poor project planning even 3 years after launch , I shudder to think what would happen in future. The planners need to be sent behind bars for deliriction of duty ....
    CommentQuote
  • I am witness to pune mumbai expressway construction same issue more or less but I tend to agree with the school of thought that thing will come up to shoot up and its matter of no time since I witnessed and went with a broker on the complete road and on all patches its more than OK state of affairs as far as construction goes.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mychandigarh
    Sketches cannot be used to calculate distances and should not be a measure of how close or far the metro line will be aligned.....I have lived in Dwarka sector 22(closest to Dwarka sector 21 metro station) and exactly know what I am talking about.....let us stop getting gung go about plans and face the stark reality on the ground which ulti chackri is highlighting......I wish reality could be built on plans and brochures.....why don't you counter the issues Ulti Chakri has raised..................I will love to hear what ground reality you guys have and know

mychandigarh,

Why you want members to answer the issues raised by other member??
    You believe what he says is right,then you answer sir.
    Member is anti Dew,he has not invested any Penney.Member has is own agenda.

You saw this metro news came how member jumped in and gave is spin.

All the point he has raised only valid point is NPV litigation,which every members knows.

Huda has recently submitted the rehabilitation plan in court,waiting for court to vacate the stays then they will allot the plot who has valid paper.
    I don't know about GPA holder how huda going to handle.
    So sir,don't think what he writes here are true.
    Think yourself this type of big infrastructure project can Gov scrap,billon Of rupees involved.
    I know Huda is pathetic and slow for that matter every project in our country are delayed.
    See your state you live in Chandigarh,I am talking about Mohali every think stand still for last 5 years or more.
    CommentQuote
  • Many a members of this forum take various news/postings/views as personal. We need to learn and refrain from taking things as pesonal and behave in positive manner. This forum is meant to share views and news and and not as blaming platform.

If someone has pertinent news and views, they are welcome to share avoiding personal attacks, comments and humiliating comments.

Let's respect all.

All will be in the interest of development and masses.

Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Very well said ppgupta.......let us respect each other views and also allow any negative feedback as this forum is not only for people who have positive views about a place...let us be compassionate and provide our constructive views as each one of us have a different background and I am sure ALL of us have some VESTED interest here OR else we will not be spending time here....
    CommentQuote
  • Regarding DEW......I think we all agree that there are number of issues which still needs resolution and looking at the pace HUDA works and progress of infrastructure work in Gurgaon(what has happened here since 1999) we should be ready for delays, issues, problems.....but I am sure all will be resolved one day or the other......WE ARE JUST WISH THAT DAY COMES VERY SOON
    CommentQuote
  • It seems we are playing table tennis match hitting ball from court to another. Unfortunately the issues raised are not ball and exist on real ground, if none has answer and scared to these than its different matter. Regardless of money invested whether its billion or trillion of dollars, however, still I have doubt on execution of complete NPR project as planned. Whoever is claiming that builder give the protection to the investor they are day-dreaming, their motive of selling the projects/inventories has been full-filled. Now why to bother? Let common people to face the problems.

1. Approval of sub-regional plan is still pending none is worried to talk about it.

Will Haryana govt. gets same favor-treatment from center which they were getting earlier?

Is it now easy to approve the sub-regional plan from NCRPB in present scenario with so many anomalies?

If this approval wouldn't done before the deadline set by court than what would be consequence?

2. NPV/KD/TCN litigation

Few members feels the main hurdle whereas in my opinion sub-regional plan is more important, anyway, now the matter is pending in court and that is closed, offer of HUDA is one sided affair and that too announced 6 months ago.

What happened thereafter any news, information announcement?

Where is the land to allot plots?

Why the court cases are pending and increasing?

When Sector 110a land acquisition quashed by court and some part of Sector 37D land acquisition is challenged in court than from where HUDA bring it?

3. Other Hurdles:

Delhi side connectivity- Haryana has completed most of it part than why Delhi govt. is silent why they even not imitated land acquisition process and what are the reasons behind it?

Is matter between NHAI and HUDA has been resolved, if yes than where is news-cutting or information?

When ROB construction begin?

How basic amenities would provided when some stretches of NPR is unavailable?
    CommentQuote
  • Fully agreed

Fully agreed and respected your opinion.

I am not able to deny any one of your raised concern as u are saying on the basis of your study and experience.

It would be good if you flash some light on the followings.

1. opinion on "DEW will be constructed in next 4-5 year"
    2. opinion on "DEW will be abandoned and will not be completed in 4-5 years"

Your above input will help at lest me for taking some advance decision.

Thank you so much for your unbiased opinion.

Originally Posted by ultichakri
    It seems we are playing table tennis match hitting ball from court to another. Unfortunately the issues raised are not ball and exist on real ground, if none has answer and scared to these than its different matter. Regardless of money invested whether its billion or trillion of dollars, however, still I have doubt on execution of complete NPR project as planned. Whoever is claiming that builder give the protection to the investor they are day-dreaming, their motive of selling the projects/inventories has been full-filled. Now why to bother? Let common people to face the problems.

1. Approval of sub-regional plan is still pending none is worried to talk about it.

Will Haryana govt. gets same favor-treatment from center which they were getting earlier?

Is it now easy to approve the sub-regional plan from NCRPB in present scenario with so many anomalies?

If this approval wouldn't done before the deadline set by court than what would be consequence?

2. NPV/KD/TCN litigation

Few members feels the main hurdle whereas in my opinion sub-regional plan is more important, anyway, now the matter is pending in court and that is closed, offer of HUDA is one sided affair and that too announced 6 months ago.

What happened thereafter any news, information announcement?

Where is the land to allot plots?

Why the court cases are pending and increasing?

When Sector 110a land acquisition quashed by court and some part of Sector 37D land acquisition is challenged in court than from where HUDA bring it?

3. Other Hurdles:

Delhi side connectivity- Haryana has completed most of it part than why Delhi govt. is silent why they even not imitated land acquisition process and what are the reasons behind it?

Is matter between NHAI and HUDA has been resolved, if yes than where is news-cutting or information?

When ROB construction begin?

How basic amenities would provided when some stretches of NPR is unavailable?
    CommentQuote
  • I am sure there will be many other people who can answer your question better but let me give it a try...as I recently spent around a week looking at DEW, the projects around it and the pace of construction.....I lived in Gurgaon for 15 years before I decided to move from here....

Anyways coming back to DEW......I think the DEW will be completed in not less than 5 years...it may take much longer too....but looking at the number of projects coming up and more than that lot of land being still vacant and the potential for builders to build more I think they will not allow this to linger more than 5 years.....

Additional comments to support my argument:

1) I have seen Gurgaon coming up when DLF & Unitech was the only builder and how they had issues in acquiring the land, I would say it was much easier before as people were unaware of the potential of the land they were holding

2) In Gurgaon most of the prime land belonged to DLF & Unitech and being very close to the Congress government they will able to get the required land and infrastructure setup much easily whereas on DEW we have many builders and none of them have a big land parcel and do not command easy proximity to Congress/BJP

3) One key point here is that most of the flats on DEW are sold out and are available in the resale market..if I am not wrong the inventory overhang here is just 8 months.....which means that builder have made money which they had to and now they do not have enough reasons to push this hard.....

4) Lot of projects on DEW which were started in 2009-11 are nearing completions and looking at the place...it will not be habitable for atleast next 3 years due to village all around, no road connectivity and not sure if water and electricity is even being planned here...

5) The existing stretch of DEW is in shambles due to the recent rains, lot of construction truck traffic and I am sure they will have to reconstruct this entire DEW again after all the legal hurdles are sorted out

6) Last but not the least.... Connectivity of DEW from Delhi...no plans in sight and I do not see anybody even thinking about it at this point of time...
    CommentQuote
  • NCR sub regional plan has been finalized and notified on 28-5-14.

http://tcpharyana.gov.in/ncrpb/NOTIFICATION%20SRP%2028.5.2014.pdf
    CommentQuote
  • Dew is supposed to b 150mtrs but i undrstand land has not been aquired for it to b 150mtrs all the way. Is it only on paper 150??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    CommentQuote