NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

Last updated: 8 minutes ago
21878 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : NPR - Northern Peripheral Road, Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon Updates

amit.bhalla,
    After long time i have seen you back on this thread,how is sec road works going on any updates you have.

Comment

reposting

it will be interesting to see the impact of this on dew , if any.
      -----------------------------------------------------

Gurgaon expressway may soon be toll-free - Hindustan Times

Around 500,000 commuters travelling daily on the 28km Delhi-Gurgaon expressway won’t have to pay any toll or be stuck in mile-long jams if a proposal submitted to the Delhi high court on Thursday is accepted.

Infrastructure finance firm IDFC, chief financier of the project, has proposed removing the first toll plaza at the border and shifting the second at Kherki Dhaula beyond Gurgaon city limits. The court has directed the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to examine this proposal and respond on May 17, the next date of hearing.

The NHAI has indicated it is agreeable to the suggestion. If approved, it would mean no toll for 200,000 vehicles moving between the Capital and the Millennium City daily. Only those going towards Jaipur would have to pay.

The NHAI has been engaged in a legal fight with the expressway operator, Delhi-Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), since February 2012, after it issued a termination notice for violation of terms of contract.

The operator moved court after the notice and a final verdict is awaited.

However, sources said, NHAI has made it clear that all financial implications arising from removing the toll plaza would have to be borne by the project operator. Currently, DGSCL earns approximately R18 crore a month in revenue from the two toll plazas.

"NHAI won't pay any compensation to the developer," said an official on condition of anonymity. "If the developer manages the toll plazas well and plugs leakages, it will recover the revenue in the long run."

A bailout may come from the Haryana government. Last year, following mounting protests by commuters facing daily traffic snarls, Bhupinder Singh Hooda's Congress government had evinced interest in buying the project from NHAI.

The matter had also reached the Punjab and Haryana high court, and it had ordered in September that the expressway be made toll-free for about a month in order to ease traffic.

This had resulted in a Rs. 10,000-crore revenue loss to DGSCL.

Comment

Situation 1: If I was staying in Delhi and working in Gurgaon, and therefore spending 1 hour atleast everyday just standing at the toll gate, what would I do ? I would try to reduce my pain by moving to Gurgaon.

Situation 2: If I was staying in Delhi and working in Gurgaon, but not spending anytime at the toll gate because it now doesnt exist, what would I do ? I would continue living in Delhi and working in Gurgaon.

The tollgate mess forced a lot of Delhiites who were working in Gurgaon to relocate to Gurgaon. Now if I can zip to Cyber City from Dhaula Kuan in 20 minutes, there is no incentive for me to move to Gurgaon. I think taking down the first tollgate (if that is part of package) is actually going to hurt Gurgaon. And more than money, I think that maybe the reason why Haryana Government doesnt want to buyout the Project and wants to get only the second toll gate shifted.

Comment

Amazing, did not received any Real Estate related SMS since last 20 hours (approx.)

Comment

Wise to live near the place of work

The Gurgaon Township is planned as a city by itself. It is a unwise choice to live & work in different cities. The time & cost of commuting, is unjust in most cases. One must plan prudently.

Comment

Originally posted by winterchill View Post
              Situation 1: If I was staying in Delhi and working in Gurgaon, and therefore spending 1 hour atleast everyday just standing at the toll gate, what would I do ? I would try to reduce my pain by moving to Gurgaon.

Situation 2: If I was staying in Delhi and working in Gurgaon, but not spending anytime at the toll gate because it now doesnt exist, what would I do ? I would continue living in Delhi and working in Gurgaon.

The tollgate mess forced a lot of Delhiites who were working in Gurgaon to relocate to Gurgaon. Now if I can zip to Cyber City from Dhaula Kuan in 20 minutes, there is no incentive for me to move to Gurgaon. I think taking down the first tollgate (if that is part of package) is actually going to hurt Gurgaon. And more than money, I think that maybe the reason why Haryana Government doesnt want to buyout the Project and wants to get only the second toll gate shifted.
              Winterchill, good point raised but was thinking that from an employee prospective, it does
              sound good. But don't you think removing the toll will make gurgaon even better destination for investment and more employers will shift in. Jobs will follow along with the housing requirements.

I mean imagine a delegate surveying Gurgaon for their bussiness place, stuck in traffic jam at toll, they most probably would have made up their mind then and there.

But once toll gone, Gurgaon is just 10 mins from IGI, smooth & without traffic lights. It will be very impressive, specially for those highly time bound and punctual Japanese delegates!

Comment

Originally posted by winterchill View Post

This is one view amongst many view. People have been moving to Gurgaon to live for many reasons besides getting stuck or not getting stuck at a tollpoint.
                Getting stuck in different parts of delhi traffic is a day to day activity .

People can have different reasons for living more to do with quality of life and not being obsessed by ' delhi tag '. NCR is a much more cosmopolitan and delhi hangover is not an issue with many, quality of life is .

Toll easing will help people move faster to airport from gurgaon and will remove one of the many traffic choke points enroute to delhi . Faster access to airport was the only significant USP for DEW and that might get impacted .

Comment

---
                  Originally posted by kinjalchato View Post
                  This is one view amongst many view. People have been moving to Gurgaon to live for many reasons besides getting stuck or not getting stuck at a tollpoint.
                  Getting stuck in different parts of delhi traffic is a day to day activity .

People can have different reasons for living more to do with quality of life and not being obsessed by ' delhi tag '. :- TOTALLY AGREE NCR is a much more cosmopolitan and delhi hangover is not an issue with many, quality of life is .

Toll easing will help people move faster to airport from gurgaon and will remove one of the many traffic choke points enroute to delhi . Faster access to airport was the only significant USP for DEW and that might get impacted . TOTALLY DISAGREE. This area. This area is witnessing the new era of civil engineering and luxury life (that is totally different from the existing delhi and Gurgaon where that is 100 years old concept of housing and way of living in them). Connectivity to airport was one of the USP of that area.

Comment

Jiska dil jaise bole waisa kar lo bhai, daam kum nahin hone wale. Labour & material transport sasta nahin honewala. Buy before prices become out of reach. Sauch lo.

Comment

Construction cost - 1500 per square feet on carpet area and selling price 15000 per square feet on carpet area; How long can this go on?

Comment

Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X