A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19775 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It seems Short term memory loss for one of the litigant......abhi to Abhimanyu ban raha tha.......ek shot mein hi Shakuni ko memory loss ho gaya......:-)

    If you were with Dharma then would not have done the following .....

    1. Always trying to spread negativity without any proofs........Don't like any of positive development for NPR.
    2. Always used to Hiding case numbers......Claiming you would not disclose it.....but knows everything...Dharm is transparency like below
    http://phhc.gov.in:8080/enq_caseno.php?var1=CWP&var2=8055&var3=2008

    3. Always trying to misleading others on everything without any proof......
    4. Dharm is with legal authorized houses with end users, investors.......not like anything which is illegal and un authorized made through false POA.

    In the end NPR will be a reality......wait and see.......Dharm is our legal system and great democracy which allows to even all to put across their point........

    Lets wait till next hearing .....
    CommentQuote
  • I see a clear change in the stance of the litigants. Instead of out-rightly rejecting the construction of the road they seem to be now arguing on the width i.e. 80 mts instead of 210 mts.. This seems to be a clear admission of likely loosing the case.
    CommentQuote
  • It is really difficult to understand that why some people are fighting on the name of litigants ... The major land which is coming in between is of some powerful people of this area and they are behind all these cases of NPV ... these people are also attached to some builder which has project in Sector 109 and bang on Dwarka Expressway ... So they will never want to get it scrapped ... they are just trying to realign or get better compensation ... and they know their fate very well ... just trying hard to get better compensation ...
    CommentQuote
  • The news releases from Govt/HUDA talk about 300 odd oustees who will be allotted alternate plots in 110a and 37 while those from the litigant side point to 750 odd oustees. What explains this large difference in the numbers quoted. Does this mean that only 300 odd plots are registered (as agricultural land) and the remaining are GPA holders/unauthorized occupants?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Maveric007
    The news releases from Govt/HUDA talk about 300 odd oustees who will be allotted alternate plots in 110a and 37 while those from the litigant side point to 750 odd oustees. What explains this large difference in the numbers quoted. Does this mean that only 300 odd plots are registered (as agricultural land) and the remaining are GPA holders/unauthorized occupants?


    I think the reference to 750 families may be a desparate attempt to show bigger numbers to the 300 odd plots/houses (on an average there may be 2-3 familiies in each plot). In sometime, they may also come to the lowest possible denominators such as 4500 people (750x6 members per family) + 1500 livestock affected. this may be to attract eyeballs. Having said that its my assumption, I have no idea if its the actual plot holders Vs registered plot holders. I don't want to start an argument over this with references from ramayan or mahabharat as this said on a lighter note, and mean no disrespect to any concerned parties.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by er.harjinder
    It seems Short term memory loss for one of the litigant......abhi to Abhimanyu ban raha tha.......ek shot mein hi Shakuni ko memory loss ho gaya......:-)

    If you were with Dharma then would not have done the following .....

    1. Always trying to spread negativity without any proofs........Don't like any of positive development for NPR.
    2. Always used to Hiding case numbers......Claiming you would not disclose it.....but knows everything...Dharm is transparency like below
    http://phhc.gov.in:8080/enq_caseno.php?var1=CWP&var2=8055&var3=2008

    3. Always trying to misleading others on everything without any proof......
    4. Dharm is with legal authorized houses with end users, investors.......not like anything which is illegal and un authorized made through false POA.

    In the end NPR will be a reality......wait and see.......Dharm is our legal system and great democracy which allows to even all to put across their point........

    Lets wait till next hearing .....


    Very well Said Harjinder ji,
    Dharm, Adharm,,,,,,, Satya, Asatya,,,,,,,,, Swarth and Parmarth.
    We all have flaws in the matter of Dharm Gyan. Lets discuss the Development of DEW
    and should not response to an element who always try to create nuisance.
    CommentQuote
  • Today in toi

    GURGAON: The HUDA administrator's proposal to rehabilitate families in New Palam Vihar to help restart the stalled Dwarka expressway project has met with stiff protests from residents, who on Monday accused her of using "fear tactics" to evict them.

    Speaking on behalf of 750 families that will be displaced by the project, members of the New Palam Vihar RWA questioned the logic of increasing the width of the Northern Peripheral Road, as the Dwarka expressway is known, to 210 metres only in their area while it maintained a consistent width of 80 metres across its entire 18km length.

    Speaking at a press conference, he said the families would not be displaced if the road's width was kept at 80 metres in New Palam Vihar, too. The width of the road is marked as 210 metres along a 3km stretch in this area in the 2021 Master Plan.

    The residents were backed by municipal councillor Rishi Raj Rana, who slammed HUDA chief Anita Yadav for saying that work on the expressway could be started in 2015 by giving compensation to the families as decreed by the government's rehabilitation and relocation (RR) policy.

    Rana said HUDA must keep in mind the fact that the residents have filed an appeal in court.

    "The court had taken cognizance of the proposal submitted by the residents of considering a different route without affecting existing structures and property and had asked representatives of the state government and HUDA to study that by the next hearing on January 14," Rana said, adding the HUDA administrator was "using fear tactics by saying work will start in 2015".

    Ved Prakash Sharma, the RWA chief, said, "We are not ready for settlement under any policy offered by the government as there is a feasible alternative. Even the court in its order in 2010 regarded the settlement through the RR policy of 2010 as unacceptable. Why then is HUDA still siding with a policy that has been dismissed by the court?"

    Citing minutes of a meeting between the Delhi Development Authority and the Delhi Traffic Police in August on the alignment of the Dwarka expressway, Sharma said it was observed that Dwarka would get congested when traffic from the 210-metre-wide road in Gurgaon was allowed to enter Delhi.

    "We have suggested an alternative route for the 3km stretch where the width of the road can be maintained at 80 metres. The logic behind having a width of 210 metres for this stretch is not clear," Sharma added.

    Despite repeated attempts, Anita Yadav was unavailable for a comment.
    RELATED
    *

    This clearly shows someone has vested interest in stopping DEW and misguiding litigants so that they oppose each and every solution proposed by authorities even if it is in favour of all the parties.earlier they were opposing compensation now openly saying that they will not agree to any rehabilitation. I think the time has come for the court to take strict action. It is openly a GUNDAGRDI in the pretext of being suffer.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by sunnyj
    Very well Said Harjinder ji,
    Dharm, Adharm,,,,,,, Satya, Asatya,,,,,,,,, Swarth and Parmarth.
    We all have flaws in the matter of Dharm Gyan. Lets discuss the Development of DEW
    and should not response to an element who always try to create nuisance.


    Hi
    Greetings

    There always comes a time when one has to judge.. judgement is based on fact being presented and proofs being provided.

    In my view boss you rock and score over all those sharing their opinions about litigation.. I am sure that neither of the litigating parties would be talking even 10% in front of the court and our friend love to make this thread as if court proceedings are on!!.. lets wait till 15th Jan and we are most likely to get another date!!!

    I simply loved your posts yesterday and man believe me you have been on fire.. touching most of the dots that need to be connected right from NH8 to litigation area.. Hats off mate and keep obliging us with your most valuable inputs.. I just wish if HUDA or BJP or Congress were even 10% of your energy levels shown in these pictures which I have seen at least 3-4 times. Images of land movers, pipes, construction happening, bottlenecks being removed, signs of early habitation, school boards, development of sector roads, ROB 37/99, Seamless connectivity between 83 to 37 for 5kms and what not.. Reproducing again



















    Also happy to know that bridge over Pataudi road at Dwarka expressway intersection has been principally approved and will be completed by June 16!!!

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Thank you Veere,
    "In life you’ll realize there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you,motivate you, encourage you, enhance you, and make you happy. If you know people who do none of these things, let them go".
    CommentQuote
  • For a lot of us, investment in RE is a very emotional thing, quite unlike how its viewed in most parts of the world. We put our life's savings or even pledge the rest of our lives' incomes (emi) based on just hunches, gut feel and peer reviews or brochures. As honest people playing by the rules in a society, we take government, law, order and judiciary at its face value. This is a vulnerability that the mafia (builders, govt, politicians, farmers, encroachers, industrialists and other players) are leveraging. If all parties were to play by the rules, then things could be very different but we have known the opposite to be true.

    However things are apparently changing in this world, valuations are returning to logical and sustainable levels, there is a sea change in buyer's outlook to this sector (this is now becoming a civil movement as opposed to an investors orgy), government is warming up to regulate (atleast to please its vote banks). I definitely see that this sector is bound for a complete shakeout and revamp. I mean the scorched earth apporoach. This may mean a lot of the players going bust, but the results would be positive on the long run. I am holding on to investments in RE with this positive image in my mind. I would personally put the time frame at 7-10 years for a paradigm shift coupled with multi-pronged shakeout in infrastructure, governance and public accountability fronts.

    I dont get excited by people who comment on extreme possibilities and neither do I track a highway on a day to day basis. So to some people who may harbour their energy for the doomsday, basing their calculations on historical processes and systems, All I have to say is, things are changing very fast in our lives and in the world. So whatever be the result of the 14th jan. hearing (as of now we still live in a tareek pe tareek .. tareek pe tareek.. system), this road is bound to happen very very soon.

    Happy new year Friends...
    CommentQuote
  • Today's HT GURGAON

    SR
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • While I agree with most of what is said, I do not believe that Farmers (genuine landlords) are part of a mafia. Have seen first hand a lot of farmer families being destroyed, once their lands were acquired, to cater to the political/industrial greed.

    Land is the only resource/asset the farmers have. And they are absolutely within their rights to ask for market rates for the only asset they have. This applies to everyone, farmer or not. If land is needed for development then the society/govt. has to pay for it.

    To give an analogy, can a govt. ask the industrialists to sell their products/services at 20% of the selling price so that more people can have access to those?

    The point I am trying to make is lets understand the Farmers plight and give them their due. At the very least lets not make them a part of any Mafia...

    Happy New Year to all !!!




    Originally Posted by Bala2107
    For a lot of us, investment in RE is a very emotional thing, quite unlike how its viewed in most parts of the world. We put our life's savings or even pledge the rest of our lives' incomes (emi) based on just hunches, gut feel and peer reviews or brochures. As honest people playing by the rules in a society, we take government, law, order and judiciary at its face value. This is a vulnerability that the mafia (builders, govt, politicians, farmers, encroachers, industrialists and other players) are leveraging. If all parties were to play by the rules, then things could be very different but we have known the opposite to be true.

    However things are apparently changing in this world, valuations are returning to logical and sustainable levels, there is a sea change in buyer's outlook to this sector (this is now becoming a civil movement as opposed to an investors orgy), government is warming up to regulate (atleast to please its vote banks). I definitely see that this sector is bound for a complete shakeout and revamp. I mean the scorched earth apporoach. This may mean a lot of the players going bust, but the results would be positive on the long run. I am holding on to investments in RE with this positive image in my mind. I would personally put the time frame at 7-10 years for a paradigm shift coupled with multi-pronged shakeout in infrastructure, governance and public accountability fronts.

    I dont get excited by people who comment on extreme possibilities and neither do I track a highway on a day to day basis. So to some people who may harbour their energy for the doomsday, basing their calculations on historical processes and systems, All I have to say is, things are changing very fast in our lives and in the world. So whatever be the result of the 14th jan. hearing (as of now we still live in a tareek pe tareek .. tareek pe tareek.. system), this road is bound to happen very very soon.

    Happy new year Friends...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ENDUSE
    While I agree with most of what is said, I do not believe that Farmers (genuine landlords) are part of a mafia. Have seen first hand a lot of farmer families being destroyed, once their lands were acquired, to cater to the political/industrial greed.

    Land is the only resource/asset the farmers have. And they are absolutely within their rights to ask for market rates for the only asset they have. This applies to everyone, farmer or not. If land is needed for development then the society/govt. has to pay for it.

    To give an analogy, can a govt. ask the industrialists to sell their products/services at 20% of the selling price so that more people can have access to those?

    The point I am trying to make is lets understand the Farmers plight and give them their due. At the very least lets not make them a part of any Mafia...

    Happy New Year to all !!!


    Sir - Ideally I would immediately agree to what you have pointed out.. also I am not saying that all farmers are mafia or goons.. its only what it has increasingly become after you see what has happened in Noida/Gurgaon/Maharashtra etc. While farmers should get "market" rates, its the "market" rate which is brought to question each and every time. If a farmer who has given undeveloped farm land 20 years back suddenly come back and ask for comemrical rate for developed sector land or else have procure a stay order against the current occupant etc. This is taking it to the extreme using the system which lacks a protocol and process. what we do need is a just and fair system (certified by SC) which guarantees both ends of the market. Availability of land for development as well as fair compensation. After meeting with the requirement, no questions should be entertained by any court of law.

    To your question on the industrial product being sold at 20% of cost.. yes there are instances like natural gas coming out KG D-6 basin, or the infamous administered pricing mechansim for oil etc. which is the crux of the litigation between many private players and the Govt. While these cases may be fraugt with corruption and malaise just as the noida farmers, I am just bringing the question of a cartel fighting a cartel. builder govt cartel being fought by farmer, encroachers cartel. This has given rise to a new "muawza" economy. pls. read the attached mailers that I received recently.

    But to your point, I do respect the farmers, govt, babus, judiciary and all those WHO PLAY BY THE RULES. :)

    Its not the poor farmers with the plough and bull that we call the mafia.. its the new age , audi, beamer, benz driving goons with musclemen, who have made a killing by urbanisation and then cartelising the land trade.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Let me put this in another way. If all the people who booked flats were to be the land owners and their lands were to be taken in this manner, wouldn't they too have reacted in the same manner? Who doesn't want to profit/make more money, if legally allowed?

    So what we are talking about is the lacuna in law/regulation and not the parties for or against it. The parties dont matter, its the system.

    In my earlier post, I was pointing to an an unjust system/rule law, which allows a section of society to benefit (read businessmen/corrupt babus and netas) at the cost of another section (read legal land owners/farmers).

    Your example of Gas and Oil is not exactly relevant as they are national resources not owned by private parties and Govt can fix the prices. I meant the end-products/resources produced by the industry for the consumers in general.

    The industrialist wants land at dirt cheap prices, with govt. help, to build their factories for making products to be sold at the market prices. This is the issue.

    Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Sir - Ideally I would immediately agree to what you have pointed out.. also I am not saying that all farmers are mafia or goons.. its only what it has increasingly become after you see what has happened in Noida/Gurgaon/Maharashtra etc. While farmers should get "market" rates, its the "market" rate which is brought to question each and every time. If a farmer who has given undeveloped farm land 20 years back suddenly come back and ask for comemrical rate for developed sector land or else have procure a stay order against the current occupant etc. This is taking it to the extreme using the system which lacks a protocol and process. what we do need is a just and fair system (certified by SC) which guarantees both ends of the market. Availability of land for development as well as fair compensation. After meeting with the requirement, no questions should be entertained by any court of law.

    To your question on the industrial product being sold at 20% of cost.. yes there are instances like natural gas coming out KG D-6 basin, or the infamous administered pricing mechansim for oil etc. which is the crux of the litigation between many private players and the Govt. While these cases may be fraugt with corruption and malaise just as the noida farmers, I am just bringing the question of a cartel fighting a cartel. builder govt cartel being fought by farmer, encroachers cartel. This has given rise to a new "muawza" economy. pls. read the attached mailers that I received recently.

    But to your point, I do respect the farmers, govt, babus, judiciary and all those WHO PLAY BY THE RULES. :)

    Its not the poor farmers with the plough and bull that we call the mafia.. its the new age , audi, beamer, benz driving goons with musclemen, who have made a killing by urbanisation and then cartelising the land trade.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ENDUSE
    Let me put this in another way. If all the people who booked flats were to be the land owners and their lands were to be taken in this manner, wouldn't they too have reacted in the same manner? Who doesn't want to profit/make more money, if legally allowed?

    So what we are talking about is the lacuna in law/regulation and not the parties for or against it. The parties dont matter, its the system.

    In my earlier post, I was pointing to an an unjust system/rule law, which allows a section of society to benefit (read businessmen/corrupt babus and netas) at the cost of another section (read legal land owners/farmers).

    Your example of Gas and Oil is not exactly relevant as they are national resources not owned by private parties and Govt can fix the prices. I meant the end-products/resources produced by the industry for the consumers in general.


    Your point makes sense for cases where occupants are authorized and genuine land owners..If some builders/govt/politicians pressure them to sell or use other unfair means, thats exploitation..the whole dispute here is NPV is an unauthorized colony (even recognized by the SC as unauthorized way back). Of course there were some irregularities in terms of registries done, but building a house on farmland is unauthorized and illegal.
    CommentQuote