A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19825 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Although in the last UTTIPEC meeting (47th meeting- minutes of meeting attached) the decision was to have an at grade road with two flyovers, what I heard today was a grade separator corridor (elevated). This was a surprise to me. I am trying to find out more about what changed between August and Nov. that an elevated corridor has been brought back to the table. The probelm with the elevated corridor is that it would be way too expensive and authorities would be fighting on how to fund this and this means endless waiting and delays. I hope its an at grade road as was approved by the LG in the August meeting.

Just refer to point (a) of the attached MoM pdf which is in reference to DEW, the other points are irrelevant to this thread.
    CommentQuote
  • Road map drawn for world class stations - The Hindu

Bijwasan Railway station being redeveloped as a world class station was decided in UTTIPEC's 48th meeting on Dec. 20th. This has implications for DEW.
    1. This clearly means that metro corridor for the Dwarka 21-IFFCO connecting Bijwasan would have to be expedited.
    2. how can a world class bijwasan station rely on a village road with no high speed connection from either side (delhi or Haryana).

Also Uttipec in its 48th meeting has apparently passed the final plan for the 80M ROW connection between UER II and NPR. I am trying to get my hands on the MoM. I will surely let everybody know as soon as I get some inroads.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Road map drawn for world class stations - The Hindu

Bijwasan Railway station being redeveloped as a world class station was decided in UTTIPEC's 48th meeting on Dec. 20th. This has implications for DEW.
    1. This clearly means that metro corridor for the Dwarka 21-IFFCO connecting Bijwasan would have to be expedited.
    2. how can a world class bijwasan station rely on a village road with no high speed connection from either side (delhi or Haryana).

Also Uttipec in its 48th meeting has apparently passed the final plan for the 80M ROW connection between UER II and NPR. I am trying to get my hands on the MoM. I will surely let everybody know as soon as I get some inroads.

Very eager to read MOM of 48th UTTIPEC meeting... They are yet to be uploaded on their site.. Providing them here would be a great contribution...

Cheers..
    CommentQuote
  • Though I see smart city as competition and also complimenting DEW, final outcome will be dictated by multiple factors

My thoughts
    - Smart city is not based on demand and projections of economy and residential demand of future. If I see around the world, most well planned cities have a road map of economy and population for next decade at the least (Based on micro and macro factors and scenarios) and plan residential supply accordingly. I don't see any of that here. Feels more like an ad hoc effort with no economic road map guiding it. Currently govt is expecting stars to align and things to just fall in place around smart city. Will there be demand for so much residential supply after so much builder invetory? Its a gamble.
    - It doesn't take into consideration unabsorbed inventory of current builders. If smart city starts gaining momentum while builders have unabsorbed inventory, we can easily expect them to drop prices to dispose inventory and that will impact smart city negatively, while also DEW investments will be under price pressure (This is where competition bit comes in)

Unknown
    - Indian economy performance tied to jobs and disposable income - Bad performance will end up jeopardising both DEW and smart city. While good performance can prop up both DEW and smart city and helping each other. In essence I believe that they will either rise together or fall together. I don't believe in a scenario where their fortunes move in opposite directions
    I believe that we know the factors that can decide economies trajectory in the near future - Investments in growth and infra, success of initiatives like 'make in India' inviting investment in Indian economy, people capability, Inflation, skilling workforce for the kind of jobs that the govt wants to promote, world economy direction, Europe picking up growth etc. Will it happen? time will tell

Re emphasising my belief- They will either rise together or fall together
    CommentQuote
  • Friends - in the last couple of days, I have been trying to get my head around this matter and had site visit today and made a few calls to get as much details on the ground situation as possible. my observations are listed out here :

There are 5 types of issues involved.
    (a) delhi, haryana and Central Govt. co-ordination
    (b) purely haryana govt related land acquisition - NPV/KD
    (c) purely delhi govt. related land acquisition -farm land
    (d) Co-ordination between Delhi Govt. departments - DDA/UTTIPEC/DMRC/Delhi Traffic Police/Railways/Urban Arts comm. etc.
    (e) Haryana govt. related depts. - HSIDC/HUDA/HPVN/Jal Nigam/etc.

Now where are we in these 5 cases :
    (a) The delhi and Haryana co-ordination has been sketchy at best during the past 1 year - due to AAP govt in Delhi (AK47) falling then hung assembly, then Union Elections, then haryana election and take over by BJP, now delhi elections again. Although now with BJP in Centre, BJP in Haryana, a BJP led Delhi govt. will almost carry the day for all pending affairs. An AAP or other Govt. will defenitely bring in a set of problems in this regard. Unless some vested interests can do something positive.

(b) Haryana land acquisition issues are all in court now clubbed as one case - but there are two types of problems there - Valid mutation holders who are eligible to be compensated and rehabilitated for whom HUDA has an offer. Then the other guys who are on POA for whom there seems to be nothing except some compromised offer from HUDA which is also not clear year. However both the classes of oustees seem to reject HUDA offer and want more. Court will have the final say.

(c) Delhi Land acquisition. This has not been such a big issue, but there are some pockets which are not smooth sailing either. Due to election time, everyone is biding their time, as there is no clarity on the political bosses to come. Delhi Election results again will be the only answer. Seems like a BJP govt. will clear the issues.

(d) Although different departments are all having many ideas for the region DDA/UTTIPEC (headed by the LG himself) have the final say. The disagreements between departments can delay the matter but ultimately the MPD plan of DDA will prevail. This has already played out since the last 1 year and now with a new govt. there is nothing much to sort out, only action remains. This is a non-issue.

(e) Haryana Govt. Dept. issues - Again this is more of an departmental struggle, and budgets allocation issue. We all knew what was happening on the IFFCO chowk underpass between MCG/HUDA and PWD until some finance secretary or someone form CMO prevails and gets them all in one place. This is also not such a big issue as the overall government inclination is to clear the hurdles.

So net net - I feel that the key takeaways are :
    1. A BJP led Delhi Government.
    2. A favourable verdict from the PHHC.

All the rest are subsets of these two major triggers. Both should pan out within the next 3-4 months. Although the HC case even if disposed off , can hit the SC. Depending on the nature of the verdict and based on the developmental stand and high public utility nature empahasised by the Haryana, Delhi and Central Govt.'s SC should be able to dispose off the same quicker than usual. The case going to SC will delay the NPV/KD by 12-18 months more. but in the meantime, we would be able to see the delhi connectivity and metro project movement and the other smaller issues on the NPR like ROBs/STP/Culverts/Factory/Drainage/Water/Lighting etc. . I am bullish about effects of the overall development plans for the area including the smart city, diplomatic enclave, dwarka financial centre, bijwasan redevelopment as a railway hub, etc. etc. There may be justified opinions to the contrary, but I feel that by the time competion starts panning out, there would a matching demand and DEW would have already established itself as a major settlement. There may be pricing pressure and valuation will remain reasonable but it will not be a rout.

My two cents.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

Nothing can conquer belief of a dead man. Once dead all beliefs are respected and honoured.

Cheers

Hi

In this case, one person on the path of death will pull other along

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

This would be the news I would be eagerly waiting for along with connectivity on NH8 of which we have no reference..
    Rest litigation would simply fade away/become insignificant as law can be applied on POA cases of agricultural land any day.

Cheers

Hi BlessU Bro - the meeting of Aug 20th (47th meeting) has already cleared the deck if you see the MoM, uploaded on their site and in my post. The barthal chowk development and the Flyover DPR developments are following these decisions only. I am only concerned that the 48th meetings shouldnt have some change to the alignement at the Haryana Border. Rest is all firmly in place. Have no doubts about that. The Elections (delhi/Centre/Haryana and Delhi again) could not have come at a worser time, these have eaten away 15 months of high action time.
    CommentQuote
  • Arrey Bhai,

Proposed "Smart city of Modiji" is of 50-60 acres.. a big C.

Why waste time in these useless discussions?

Delhi will have country's first 'smart city' - The Times of India

Shubh Ratri.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Arrey Bhai,

Shubh Ratri.

Dude, even i was reading that article. However there are conflicting pieces of info

TOI quotes 20-24 hectares
    Bala posted a clip which said 20000-24000 hectares with each city being the size of dwarka

If what you say is correct, then indeed there is nothing to worry about
    CommentQuote
  • 20-24k hectares is the total land pooling area.

Yes, one should be be discussing that. Not smart city BS.
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon updates

News report also says 2mn flats

I think TOI missed the 'k' after 20 and 24
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashu_sharmaa
    News report also says 2mn flats

I think TOI missed the 'k' after 20 and 24

Smart City - Big BS on postage stamp area which makes no difference to Delhi RE.

Land Pooling - Big Area, market driven, ability to make dent in the Delhi RE.

60 acres is the size of Amity university in Noida. If you want to call it city, megapolis or xyz its purely motor mouthing. Nothing new considering where it is coming from.

back of envelope calci =

Land Pooling = 20-25k Hectates is serious business... = 50-60k acres... 1 acre = 100 flats = 50,000x 100 = 5 million possible
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Arrey Bhai,

Shubh Ratri.

Smart cities are typically just a group of high rise buildings.

One giant office building like the world trade center twin towers bombed in 9/ 11 would be a typical example. They had metro in the basement and were a massive integrated building with offices shops supermarkets hotels and penthouses on different floors.

Its now replaced by a single tower which is also a smart city. It has world one tower. Single building with 3 million square feet of space.

That is close to the total commercial space added in whole of Gurgaon or Chennai in one year. Much more than yearly increments of office space in whole Delhi or NOIDA.

That building (world one) occupies about 15 acres.

Smart city is just a giant skyscraper or group of them with integrated metro and a taxi rank system on the ground floor.

Communication facility is world class.
    CommentQuote
  • from DDA's announcement it sounds like the smart city concept has already been scaled down to size of DLF Garden City in 9x sector or even smaller like a Magarpatta city in Pune....
    CommentQuote
  • May be DDA shud make a beginning by making Vikas Minar as a *smart city*

Right now it doesn't even have enough parking, potable water and basic signage to help people go around .... pathetic state of affairs if anyone has visited them
    CommentQuote