A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19828 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by Magadh_Pride
    from DDA's announcement it sounds like the smart city concept has already been scaled down to size of DLF Garden City in 9x sector or even smaller like a Magarpatta city in Pune....

Magadh Ji - Its a TOI error, they have missed the K (thousands). If you read the MPD 2011 document, it refers to the urbanisation clusters measuring to 20-24K hectares, called urban extensions in L Zones, exactly the 3 areas of Dwarka, Rohini and Narela. The fact that they are calling it a sub-city when clarifying the "smart city" speaks volumes. DDA calls Dwarka and Rohini as Sub-cities. They are also saying that the land for smart city will be acquired through land pooling. they certainly dont need land pooling get 60-80 acres.

The actual "Smart-city" that Venky describes (the likes of WTC or Burj) is referrred to as TOD's (transit oriented development) in the UTTIPEC's guidelines. Which also is being planned in Dwarka Sec 10 and Karkardooma (110 storied building, metro, markets, hotel etc.).

I have zero faith in DDA being able to raise even a good quality MIG flat, let alone a smart city. But just to clarify the planners are indeed looking at 20000-24000 hectares pooled in from rural lands, in these 3 smart cities. Its a nightmare of urbanisation if done in the usual indian way, ie. with no regard for future power/water/sanitation/clean air/transportation/safety requirements.

But there is a silver lining in the fact that civil society groups have a stronger voice now, social media, press and internet have made it difficult for gaffes to go unnoticed. common people are more intereseted and empowered to participate in planning and development efforts and this movement can gather momemtum with parternships with Barcelona or singapore groups. Despite all this I will not put it beyond our politicians to mess with our environment for short term political or financial gains which will leave a life long scars.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • On a separate note while we are debating whether smart cities plan that unlocks land for residential growth will affect or kill the DEW/NPR or even the entire gurgaon, Noida or NCR RE markets, my hunch is that people who will be really worried are the current Dwarka/Janakpuri/Rajouri/Rohini areas folks, who are sitting in small 2BHks and 3 BHK valued at 1.5-2 crs. in ares with no parking or planned civic ameneties and traffic chaos. So if at all the smart cities sound a death knell to RE markets, it will be Delhi to start with. So there will be enough motivation within Delhi RE market to release inventory in moderation.

So the bylines will be "DDA Building Smart Cities - consume responsibly"
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    On a separate note while we are debating whether smart cities plan that unlocks land for residential growth will affect or kill the DEW/NPR or even the entire gurgaon, Noida or NCR RE markets, my hunch is that people who will be really worried are the current Dwarka/Janakpuri/Rajouri/Rohini areas folks, who are sitting in small 2BHks and 3 BHK valued at 1.5-2 crs. in ares with no parking or planned civic ameneties and traffic chaos. So if at all the smart cities sound a death knell to RE markets, it will be Delhi to start with. So there will be enough motivation within Delhi RE market to release inventory in moderation.

So the bylines will be "DDA Building Smart Cities - consume responsibly"

Yes Indeed. And RE correction in Delhi has not only started but reached a fairly advanced stage. The price fall across Delhi, barring a few select areas/buildings is around 30-40% over a period of last 2 years already! This is not a new news.

Anything which releases supply and/or sucks liquidity brings price rationalisation across NCR.

5 years from now, RE prices will be whole lot more saner than currently with the industry maturing and people will be shaking their heads in disbelief what madness the pricing once was.

Yesterday, I was with some relatives who live in a less developed area in North Delhi where Metro is coming. I asked them about the effect on the pricing of houses. They have a plot there.

The reply was stunning: Earlier we used to get offers of 70-75L per floor, with some getting sold off at 80L also. But in the last 1 year, the prices have fallen drastically - now 50L is the offered price per floor and even then hardly any sales.

Rents are falling in tandem and they said it seems the renters are also disappearing slowly from traditional Delhi RE markets to suburbs. Leading to cooling of rents.
    CommentQuote
  • Bala Ji,
    This Smart City is distance Dreams,will take decades to finish.
    I agree with Matrix sir,it's BS.
    Here gov can't finish 18 km road in 6 years.
    CommentQuote
  • Martix Ji - Just one question though - Lets assume the cost of land in the peak days (in north or south west delhi - Behind Dwarka/Narela/Bawana etc.) were 12-15 cr/acre. With an FAR of about 2.0 land cost per constructed sq. foot comes to less than Rs. 1200/sqft. lest say due to the "unlocking" this falls to 5-6 cr/acre (about 60% of current levels) even then the fall in the end product should be around 500-600/sqft.

To mitigate this fall - there are new UTTIPECs regulations about circulation, parking, safety, public spaces and other civic amenities which needs 3-4 times more land than what is currentlybeing provided for. Therefore cost of the so called "common areas & ancillary developments" will go up in the contribution of the cost of finished flat (from the current 15-20% to about 30-35%).

In the next 3-8 years that this new stock of land unravels, construction costs too (labour+raw materials) would also inflate. Assuming that there will new-"labour-less/mechanised" or prefab techniques that will mitigate labour inflation, raw materials prices dont seem to cool-down, especially in the scenario of high rises, where we seem to mindlessly ape the west and in the process make an ecologically, aesthetically or economically unsustainable living environment.

So coming back to the question how much of the prices of the finished product (flat) will fall due only to land unlocking. Lest also consider falling profit margins of developers, better infrastucture provisioning requirements etc.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Bala Ji,
    This Smart City is distance Dreams,will take decades to finish.
    I agree with Matrix sir,it's BS.
    Here gov can't finish 18 km road in 6 years.

Khalsaji- Whether Smart or not, unlocking of land is bound to happen to the tune of 20000-24000 hectates. This could be BJP's version of "commonwealth" games. So the market will have to understand and brace to the dynamics of such an extent of residential land stock coming in. But I think the Jury is quite divided about the "real" consequences of the land abundance itself on the finished flat price. I need to understand this further scientifically and methodically.

Just any blanket statement like "with land paucity, finished property prices are ruling at 15K/Sqft in delhi and with new 60K acres more unlocked, finished property rates will hit X (50-60% fall) is not a convincing argument" I am trying to understand this by the contribution of cost of land to a finished flat cost at present, then factor in the "newly unlocked" land prices and factor in the "new regulations" on the planned development of that land, and then arrive a new contribution of land price on the finished cost. Then factor in inflationary effect of other factors and then come at a number which will be the real effect of "new" land inventory with other factors being equal or indicative of a rise. This thread may be unrealted to this discussion and Mods as they deem fit may move this around. thanks
    CommentQuote
  • All good points. But 1 more dimension to RE Pricing is the availability of newly generated dark money, which will start circulating in markets once these new commonwealth games begin. One of the reasons that RE prices are coming down is not because end user is staying away, since they were never in these games anyways. But because new scams are not happening for some time and all the earlier generated money is already invested. This new govt has a strong developmental agenda and very competent players...

Let the games begin !!!!

Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Khalsaji- Whether Smart or not, unlocking of land is bound to happen to the tune of 20000-24000 hectates. This could be BJP's version of "commonwealth" games. So the market will have to understand and brace to the dynamics of such an extent of residential land stock coming in. But I think the Jury is quite divided about the "real" consequences of the land abundance itself on the finished flat price. I need to understand this further scientifically and methodically.

Just any blanket statement like "with land paucity, finished property prices are ruling at 15K/Sqft in delhi and with new 60K acres more unlocked, finished property rates will hit X (50-60% fall) is not a convincing argument" I am trying to understand this by the contribution of cost of land to a finished flat cost at present, then factor in the "newly unlocked" land prices and factor in the "new regulations" on the planned development of that land, and then arrive a new contribution of land price on the finished cost. Then factor in inflationary effect of other factors and then come at a number which will be the real effect of "new" land inventory with other factors being equal or indicative of a rise. This thread may be unrealted to this discussion and Mods as they deem fit may move this around. thanks
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

This would be the news I would be eagerly waiting for along with connectivity on NH8 of which we have no reference..
    Rest litigation would simply fade away/become insignificant as law can be applied on POA cases of agricultural land any day.

Cheers

Sir ji,

I strongly disagree from your POV since on these POA sine-die stay order was given. If these all are invalid than court never took such type of step. Don't take it lightly, over these POA several verdict delivered in favour of litigants in recent past and sector 110a land gone out from HUDA hand over these POA. Nobody knew, how the matter in court being treating hence anyone guessing with own assumption which doesn't matter and make any difference. 

Further as per my information still there are issue between One of Delhi govt agencies over alignment and working alternatively. 

NHAI still rigid on its stand providing access after toll plaza whereas HUDA is not agreeing over it. 

HSIIDC land not yet transferred to HUDA and factory owners are also reversing on their stand and as per information they are seeking for realignment not compensation.

The matter become worst when already settled cases again reached to court and separate hearing begin under some ordinary bench.

I am also getting that new cases being filling not only on NPR but this time on 75m road also and these all are recently filed. 

Hence believe or not there are bunches of cases being filling due to violating the terms of settlement by HUDA. Sad part of story is that most of these belongs to 3x,9x and 10x sectors.  
    CommentQuote
  • Sir Ji,
    Every times you come here and say I am hearing this, I am hearing this?.Every times you hearing without any proof.
    Stop faking and spinning,just come with one proof mr Chakra
    CommentQuote
    Hi
    Greetings

HAPPY NEW YEAR HAI JI AAPKO APKI BILLI KE OON KE GOLE JITNA LAMBA!!!

Let all cases accumulate, in one strike judgement like in case of Manesar would be delivered
    Sooner the case reaches SC the earlier the settlement will happen. POA is the weakest case to fight for by litigants.. They simply have no locus standii, nor rights and title of property. Small litigation here and there will always continue and hardly matters.

All NIKAMMA, SIFARSHI, Payment POSTING officers of HUDA and DTCP have been transferred. Those who could not push a strong argument in court have been sidelined.

There are about 10 interruptions out of which work is progressing on about 5 and litigation area is just one of these 10 interruptions, so hardly matters.

-ROB Construction FULL ON!!
    -90% + Sector Master Roads on PPP model for 8x, 9x sectors are complete.
    - Dway now connected to 88/84, 83/84, 106 Master Roads, RP progressing with 37c/d dividing, 37c/Sector 9 master road and internal sector roads in 37D
    -two bridges on NH8 after the toll are operational, providing smooth access to 8x/9x sectors through NH8.
    -8x,9x, 3x 4300 possessions offered and soon another 5K possessions expected by 2015 end, majorly in 3x, Vatika Apartments, Sare, Sidhartha, Mapsko, Vipul, RP, Takshila, Corona. Possibly also for carnation, bptp as structure is complete and buyers after the builders.
    - Hero Honda tender is ON
    - Flyover on Dway at Pataudi Road Intersection news out,
    - Culverts over drains at 4 places completed on dway
    - Airport access was never an issue for 8x,9x,3x sectors, so hardly matters as NH8 gives smooth and fast expressway connectivity.
    - Pond visible opposite 102 in Google sep picture now filled and patch with black tar.
    - Soil testing for flyover on Najafgarh Bijwasan road news out,, DOES ANYONE HAVE DETAILS OF TENDER??

I see a lot of block falling in place and surely a lot remains to be done.. A lot of visibility post 2018

Main THING is Delhi and NH8 Connectivity, once done many routes will be available to facilitate by passing small patches of which litigation would be one.

Cheers

You meant "post 2015!?!"
    CommentQuote
    Hi
    Greetings

HAPPY NEW YEAR HAI JI AAPKO APKI BILLI KE OON KE GOLE JITNA LAMBA!!!

Let all cases accumulate, in one strike judgement like in case of Manesar would be delivered
    Sooner the case reaches SC the earlier the settlement will happen. POA is the weakest case to fight for by litigants.. They simply have no locus standii, nor rights and title of property. Small litigation here and there will always continue and hardly matters.

All NIKAMMA, SIFARSHI, Payment POSTING officers of HUDA and DTCP have been transferred. Those who could not push a strong argument in court have been sidelined.

There are about 10 interruptions out of which work is progressing on about 5 and litigation area is just one of these 10 interruptions, so hardly matters.

-ROB Construction FULL ON!!
    -90% + Sector Master Roads on PPP model for 8x, 9x sectors are complete.
    - Dway now connected to 88/84, 83/84, 106 Master Roads, RP progressing with 37c/d dividing, 37c/Sector 9 master road and internal sector roads in 37D
    -two bridges on NH8 after the toll are operational, providing smooth access to 8x/9x sectors through NH8.
    -8x,9x, 3x 4300 possessions offered and soon another 5K possessions expected by 2015 end, majorly in 3x, Vatika Apartments, Sare, Sidhartha, Mapsko, Vipul, RP, Takshila, Corona. Possibly also for carnation, bptp as structure is complete and buyers after the builders.
    - Hero Honda tender is ON
    - Flyover on Dway at Pataudi Road Intersection news out,
    - Culverts over drains at 4 places completed on dway
    - Airport access was never an issue for 8x,9x,3x sectors, so hardly matters as NH8 gives smooth and fast expressway connectivity.
    - Pond visible opposite 102 in Google sep picture now filled and patch with black tar.
    - Soil testing for flyover on Najafgarh Bijwasan road news out,, DOES ANYONE HAVE DETAILS OF TENDER??

I see a lot of block falling in place and surely a lot remains to be done.. A lot of visibility post 2018

Main THING is Delhi and NH8 Connectivity, once done many routes will be available to facilitate by passing small patches of which litigation would be one.

Cheers

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALSO SIRJI, AUR AAP BHI UTNE NAYE SAAL KI MUBARAK BAAD DEIN JITNE ANIL KAPOOR KE SHARIR PAR BAAL HAIN.

For POA better to read latest 2013 SC judgement (shall provided later on), despite this the original registry are there for securing rights, anyway it's separate matter which wouldn't  stand in court for long and several remedies are there for it. 

As far as another cases are concerned it has to be taken into consideration where these obstructing. So better to wait little bit to look actually what is going to affect and ofcourse court view.

There are 9 sub-station proposed for new demand across all sectors for NPR, out of which despite passing two years of notification not a single one is acquired. Similarly for another amenities all patches of NPR has to be connected, without these possession any of sector is next to impossible unless builder wouldn't step ahead to provide these amenities at extra cost and build additional infrastructure. 

Information regarding Delhi and NH8 connectivity I have already shared, though Delhi connectivity till Bajghera road may resolve easily but NH8 may took little longer considering NHAI and litigation issues. 

Hero-Honda chowk widening and flyover is another issue which is tedious job and lot of agitation and litigation could foreseen increase in near future. 

Main issue is not connectivity, since some how anyone can manage with it through existing and new resources. The issue is absent patches and basic amenities planned which can't be provided till every inch of NPR wouldnt get connected. 

SO, still I have negative views for this region. 
    CommentQuote
  • @ultichakri..... guess yours is a fair point..... but all of Gurgaon has grown this way thus far (not that we are happy with that though!) don't think anybody on this forum would be expecting a perfectly laid out, high end posh looking NPR in 1 year from now (Got you BlessU ;)) ...??

One thing is clear, this corridor has seen progress in past 2 years. Though it could have been much better than now (atleast we wished for!) and there is still a long way to go (1-2-5 years, whatever one bet on!).

My two cents on current situation,
    a) Yes there may be in-completed patches across the region over next few years (which may mean 'not so great' quality of commute/life')
    b) But, would this mean NO Movement of people and hence an inhabitable place for an extended period of time? I doubt
    c) One may counter, the patches would mean slower development of essential infrastructure (bijli/paani). Can that lead to zero/VERY LOW in-habitation especially where some sort of social infrastructure (School, market for basic needs, hospitals etc) is there in some form (NPV etc)? All of us know the condition of Orchid Island/SS FLoors in comparatively well located sectors!

In a nut shell, this place is not expected to be golf course road or equivalent in next few (rather many years)... but will this remain equally bad or worse (even assuming NPV does never get resolved) in the foreseeable future ..... atleast recent on ground activities tell us an otherwise story....

Yesterday, I visited sector 109 from Gurgaon Railway Station.... It took me 10 mins for 3.5 kms patch with just one small bad patch (junction of sector road and NPR opposite Indiabulls' site in Sec 110)
    CommentQuote
  • I am sharing relavant parts of the slideshow which shows connectivity to the region. There are 4 main takeways :
    1. DEW connetctivity (marked as No 6
    2. UER I (right through the green belt of Delhi haryana border) No. 5.
    3. the 75 mtr. road (parallel to DEW) connects to this UER I, as DEW would floyover this UER I and connect to UER II.

The UER plan as reported in press is also attached.

Other than this there is metro and Monorail connectivity upto sec 28, which is already known to be in the works. This is especially for servicing connectivity to diplomatic enclave traffic. This line is further being extended to Dwaka Phase II which is now being rechristened as Dwarka Extension our Smart a** city.

Now one could rightly point-out the timing of these developments, but that would be a futile exercise, as that's the way this country works - "basti yunhi basti nahin baste baste basti hai".. LOL :)
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Listen to the audio link

Originally Posted by rahejaatharv
    The current status of Raheja Atharva is that Miss Jyoti Anand has accepted on 26.12.2014 that the buildings EFGH are in an incomplete stage and the occupancy demand letter has been deferred on an individual basis.

The project is yet to take atleast 6 months to be completed. Seeing the sub standard and unprofessional construction, many owners are taking the court under the guidance of supreme court lawyer Mr Lahoty. The possession and the occupancy is hence invalid because a stay order on the cancellation of the flats has been issued by the court.

There is no concrete answers on the super area, green area and the maintenance charges.

The audio clip between MIss Anand and the association can be heard on the google group.
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/raheja-atharva-owners-association/gzhDz3yutT8

To join us on facebook, googlegroup and social platform please click on the links below or write us on rahejaatharva@googlemail.com

https://www.facebook.com/rahejaatharva.ownersassociation

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/raheja-atharva-owners-association

Guys, the enclosed post is from Raheja Atharva thread, and contains an audio link (first link in the post ... you don't need any google account to access it) of the conversation that couple of the project's investors had with a representative of the company. Its a 27 mins file so you will need to be patient to listen to the entire thing....it gives a good idea of how slippery the developers representatives can be, and also how one can play smart to keep them in line.

I hope investors in other projects don't have to face this situation, but if anyone does, then hopefully think link will give an idea on how to prepare oneself.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by PhoenixRise
    Guys, the enclosed post is from Raheja Atharva thread, and contains an audio link (first link in the post ... you don't need any google account to access it) of the conversation that couple of the project's investors had with a representative of the company. Its a 27 mins file so you will need to be patient to listen to the entire thing....it gives a good idea of how slippery the developers representatives can be, and also how one can play smart to keep them in line.

I hope investors in other projects don't have to face this situation, but if anyone does, then hopefully think link will give an idea on how to prepare oneself.

This is amazing!!!
    CommentQuote