A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19768 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
    I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
    Time for them to do some introspection.

    Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
    I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
    Time for them to do some introspection.

    Rohit


    I agree.

    All insurance is always expenditure.

    All end use real estate purchase is always expenditure.

    But real estate can be an investment - provide you think behave and act like an investor and not an end user.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    I agree.

    All insurance is always expenditure.

    All end use real estate purchase is always expenditure.

    But real estate can be an investment - provide you think behave and act like an investor and not an end user.


    For majority of lower middle class Indians, property for end use is an investment of life time!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    I just got a call from someone selling life insurance she started with sir lic mai invest karna hai.
    I was laughing about the fact that since when life insurance has become an investment vehicle, same with d eway people bought for enduse and calling themselves investors.
    Time for them to do some introspection.

    Rohit


    For your kind information, Road bane ya na bane, Ghar to banega hi banega.

    And being closer to Gurgaon's big corporates and delhi, value bhi jyada hi badhegi hi in comparison of other areas.
    Car will not go on 80KMPH but still car will definitely move on 30-40 KMPH till DEWAY is complete. in worst case we will be having sector roads for 5-7 years. still end user will reach home early than sector 95 or say sector 67.
    And an investment is always fruitful in developing areas not already expensive developed areas.

    So be it an end use or investment, it is always better than a lot of other options.

    It is painful for only those who thought in 2011 that they will be living in their unit till 2015. Which is anyhow not a case in anywhere in gurgaon.

    I know you always say that it is not value for money. but remember other options are also as expensive in same category flats.

    When we talk about NPR we all know it's not just a road, it is a future of 20-25 sectors that is quarter of gurgaon. So We all are assured that this is not a dream. this is just a thing on very slow pace.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    For majority of lower middle class Indians, property for end use is an investment of life time!

    Fir se investment? Arre bhai investment is something from which you are seeking returns and middle class of India does not seek returns on property they want the money to be parked as property is considered safe when it comes to volatility in the price.
    Moreover those buying on 80% loan with 30 years payment term are people living in dream world.
    12 saal ka ek yug hota hai aur yaha aap 3 yug ke baat kar rahe ho?
    Job wahi rahegi for next 30 years? Or even 10-15 years?
    Ask people living on rent and paying emi of 80k per month.
    Property has underline value only when it is inhabitable not when it is sucking the blood every month and giving nothing but sleepless nights.
    Think what you can do with that extra 30k saved from rent?

    For endusers ready to move is the only option
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    For majority of lower middle class Indians, property for end use is an investment of life time!


    No.

    It is expenditure of a lifetime.

    Own flat becomes an investment only if

    1. You sell it - but cant sell own house in which living!

    2. You rent it - but cant rent out own house in which living!

    3. You take loan against property - It works well because the collateral i.e. house increases in value with inflation and Rupee depreciation - that makes it an investment (home equity increases with rising capital value)

    4. You reverse mortgage it - but most Indians prefer to give it to progeny
    CommentQuote
  • Indian middle class are mostly common people and ask anyone, they would narrate the same as I have stated. Owning a house is a dream and the option that is shown to them and mostly understood by them is to buy a house on loan. Buying a ready to move option is always negated since it is expensive than the ones under construction. House that is bought for self use can be sold later for better ones in future, and in a way it becomes an investment. I have myself moved from one house to a bigger once in last ten years, and am looking forward to move in even bigger and better one in future.

    In last decade, real estate in India, particularly in NCR and more so in Gurgaon region has given tremendous returns to investors and a lot of them are end users. Last couple of years have remained stagnant and some areas, particularly Delhi has seen high depreciation in values and none of the areas in NCR have remained unaffected.

    Common man looking for a dream home with personal limitations and in an environment of disguise and uncertainty has little choice. Neither every one is a financial expert nor an intellectual like a few bloggers on this forum.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by mkg007
    Indian middle class are mostly common people and ask anyone, they would narrate the same as I have stated. Owning a house is a dream and the option that is shown to them and mostly understood by them is to buy a house on loan. Buying a ready to move option is always negated since it is expensive than the ones under construction. House that is bought for self use can be sold later for better ones in future, and in a way it becomes an investment. I have myself moved from one house to a bigger once in last ten years, and am looking forward to move in even bigger and better one in future.

    In last decade, real estate in India, particularly in NCR and more so in Gurgaon region has given tremendous returns to investors and a lot of them are end users. Last couple of years have remained stagnant and some areas, particularly Delhi has seen high depreciation in values and none of the areas in NCR have remained unaffected.

    Common man looking for a dream home with personal limitations and in an environment of disguise and uncertainty has little choice. Neither every one is a financial expert nor an intellectual like a few bloggers on this forum.

    The middle class in India is a new phenomenon say less than a decade old. The middle class of India primarily are either guys working in private jobs or oldies who got benefited because of 6th pay commission.
    Now gurgaon rose in last 10 years because of those private jobs however the nature of those jobs are highly volatile due to its dependence on foreign owners.
    The oldies who got benefited due to 6th pay commission either have their own home somewhere and or they are so much gelled into their own surrounding that moving to a new area means giving up most of the connections.
    Now the big picture the average earnings of Delhi is close to 3 lakhs per annum and 95% of ncr population earns that much only.
    So the 5 percent of the population which earns upwards of 10 lakhs per annum is the target audience of Gurgaon high rise flats and they are the real buyers.
    So total of 15 lakhs as the population of ncr is Not more than 3 crores are the people who can afford to buy those properties.
    Now out of those 15 lakhs around 60% already live in their own house which means we are left with 6 lakhs of population who can be dubbed as potential buyers of the property above 60 lakhs because as the thumb rule 40% of the average 3 years earnings multiplied by 12 years.
    Now those 6 lakhs are spread over Delhi, gurgaon, Faridabad and noida with majority in noida and gurgaon so if we assume that one third of the capable population will buy in gurgaon then that figure is just 2 lakhs and the last unsold inventory is 1.92 lakhs so which means until huge job creation happens the inventory available is adequate to cater the needs of the population looking for home.
    The rest of the population read 95% will continue to live the pseudo middle class life and will never make to the real middle class until Indian banks start behaving like Japanese and us banks on the behest of the government.

    Rohit
    CommentQuote
  • The satisfaction of living in own house is the return that this investment gives.

    This was the essence of the statement.

    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    No.

    It is expenditure of a lifetime.

    Own flat becomes an investment only if

    1. You sell it - but cant sell own house in which living!

    2. You rent it - but cant rent out own house in which living!

    3. You take loan against property - It works well because the collateral i.e. house increases in value with inflation and Rupee depreciation - that makes it an investment (home equity increases with rising capital value)

    4. You reverse mortgage it - but most Indians prefer to give it to progeny
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ga_fms
    The satisfaction of living in own house is the return that this investment gives.

    This was the essence of the statement.

    Sometimes I wonder how must it feel to live in a house whose equity is under-water? Would it still give satisfaction? Considering this would have been the biggest purchase/investment/expense for 90% of the Indian Civilisation.

    Ppl invest in a house based on future earning expectations. If after 3 years, I have a ? on my future earning potential, and chances are, the property is also underwater, the financial situation would not be an optional investment/expense debate.. it will be a witch on my back.
    CommentQuote
  • That was my understanding.


    House (high value) and underwater residence(high value) can be comparable ?!! ....Each can have own logic and interpretation.

    Originally Posted by matrix_55
    Sometimes I wonder how must it feel to live in an under the water house? Would it still give satisfaction? Considering this would have been the biggest purchase/investment/expense for 90% of the Indian Civilisation.

    Ppl invest in a house based on future earning expectations. If after 3 years, I have a ? on my future earning potential, and chances are, the property is also underwater, the financial situation would not be an optional investment/expense debate.. it will be a witch on my back.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    CHAKARVARTY,
    Now you getting personal sir, i didn't know my post will offend you.
    Regarding the Disposed case i posted for members.


    Mr. Singh, Please tell me first who is CHAKARVARTY?? I am quite confused since knew two CHAKRVARTIES ...... चक्रवर्ती सम्राट अशोक and सम्राट विक्रमादित्य ...about whom you are talking , please elaborate.

    And where I had personal on you in my post, if you have taken idiom which doesn't applied on you and quoted just for reference on situation, than you are on mistake.

    As far as litigation is concerned I reiterate nor I am lawyer of litigant neither litigant ....बूझो तो जाने...




    Originally Posted by sunnyj
    Khalsa ji,
    Don't Get angry, "It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word!"
    Let him Write Whatever Dirt He has in his mind,,,,
    I Appreciate What Mr Ravikot Said That "we can always choose to ignore them, as we have already chosen to wait and watch for DEWAY, and we know once we win, what we will get. that's why this is investment."
    Please IGNORE=

    कौआ के कोसे ढोर मरे तो,
    रोज कोसे, रोज मारे, रोज खाए।

    ----------------------------------
    यदि बुरा सोचने वालों के कारण ही किसी का बुरा होने लगे तो सभी बैठे-बैठे लोगों का बुरा करते रहेंगे। यदि ऐसा होता तो कौआ को अपने खाने के लिए किसी मरे जानवर का इंतज़ार नहीं करना पढता। वह रोज किसी जानवर का बुरा सोचता (मरने की सोचता) जानवर मरते और कौआ को खाने को मिलता।
    इससे शिक्षा मिलती है कि किसी के बुरा चाहने से हमारा बुरा नहीं होता।


    At present not crow, vultures are on Deway sky, so be careful next date is 18th Feb 15 and there are high chance that case may disposed off on ground of 5 years period lapsed.


    उज्जडियां भरजाईयाँ वली जिनां दे जेठ
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ga_fms
    The satisfaction of living in own house is the return that this investment gives.

    This was the essence of the statement.

    Most Indians are like you. They call expenditure an investment.

    Most Indians also think insurance is investment.

    The word investment fools them into spending more than they can afford on this expenditure.
    CommentQuote
  • Valuation of intangibles is difficult , like worth of housewife work, amount of CTC foregone for a job offering better work-life balance, Satisfaction of ownership from house is one such intangible.. ..maybe a majority indian thing...fools..I agree.


    Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    Most Indians are like you. They call expenditure an investment.

    Most Indians also think insurance is investment.

    The word investment fools them into spending more than they can afford on this expenditure.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ga_fms
    Valuation of intangibles is difficult , like worth of housewife work, amount of CTC foregone for a job offering better work-life balance, Satisfaction of ownership from house is one such intangible.. ..maybe a majority indian thing...fools..I agree.

    True.

    Main point is to buy what you can afford. And to be adequately insured.

    Not pay rent plus emi for 7 years delay and pay double price for the flat (by bank interest for 20 years) and not realise it.

    Nor pay premium of 7000 and be insured for 1 lakh plus bonus/loyalty additions - instead of 1 crore insurance but no bonus.

    Never mix investment with expenditure.

    And negative intangibles like crook builders brokers and delays and such headaches also need to be factored in.

    Like "why are you banging your head on the wall?"

    "Feels good when I stop!" mentality
    CommentQuote