A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Any news about Mr. Rishi Raj Rana, who was spearheading the cases of NPV residents...He was quite active before elections...what is his status now?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by evasnis

stay positive!
    CommentQuote
  • At times the government's react to pressure nd even the courts react to public fury if made for a genuine reason . As per rules nd provisions made by the government only ppl invested here . The litigants were entertained bcoz they reacted nd litigated . I am sure if the owners of legal properties around here start reacting in numbers much more than those of litigants ....e.one will fastrack it ....I may be wrong.
    CommentQuote
  • Who says HUDA don't have land in New Sectors.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by manujmohla
    Have u got ur childs admission their.

Yes Dear.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by dineshkapoor
    Yes Dear.

Same here i got mine admitted in Nursery. Lets catch up on there launch day... Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon updates

Land ordinance is good news for NPR

It exempts the need for 70% consent since NPR is PPP
    Also, the 5 yr time limit will be done away with

So let's hope it goes through and later also via the two houses

http://www.ndtv.com/cheat-sheet/5-reasons-why-governments-land-ordinance-is-controversial-741754?site=full
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by eyeopener
    Who says HUDA don't have land in New Sectors.

I am amused these guys promising moon in daylight.
    Seems huda going gr noida way
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashu_sharmaa
    Land ordinance is good news for NPR

It exempts the need for 70% consent since NPR is PPP
    Also, the 5 yr time limit will be done away with

So let's hope it goes through and later also via the two houses

5 Reasons Why Government's Land Ordinance is Controversial

NPR is not a PPP. There are 2 five years limit. One in Section 24(2), and the other in Section 101. Both these sections have been amended. But it is only in case of Section 101, that the limit of 5 yrs has been changed to “5 years or the period of the project”. However, Section 101 is not applicable to NPR as 5 yr limit is from the date of possession. In case of NPR litigants, possession has not happened. Also, the 5 yr limit of Section 24(2) of the Ordinance is not applicable to NPR as NPR acquisition happened more than 5 years prior to 1-1-2015. The only plus is that the 5 yr period, in case of NPR, did not happen prior to 1-1-2014. Otherwise, the acquisition would have lapsed. It is the sheer Good Luck of the NPR investors, thanks to the courtesy of HUDA’s inefficiency. The reason for the same is that Section 4 was notified on January 23, 2008. It was because of the laxity of HUDA that Section 11 award did not happen within a reasonable time. Section 11 award was made only on December 23, 2009 when the maximum allowable period of 2 years was about to expire. Therefore, if HUDA had worked efficiently and had made the award sometime in 2008 itself, the acquisition would have lapsed. At present, NPR case is a grey area because of the lack of clarity on application of Section 24(2).
    CommentQuote
  • Choma1 sahab,
    I agree if section 24(2) was applied by now Court would have acquisition lapsed.
    Hope tomorrow court make some decision and give final verdict , comes either this way or other way.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1
    NPR is not a PPP. There are 2 five years limit. One in Section 24(2), and the other in Section 101. Both these sections have been amended. But it is only in case of Section 101, that the limit of 5 yrs has been changed to “5 years or the period of the project”. However, Section 101 is not applicable to NPR as 5 yr limit is from the date of possession. In case of NPR litigants, possession has not happened. Also, the 5 yr limit of Section 24(2) of the Ordinance is not applicable to NPR as NPR acquisition happened more than 5 years prior to 1-1-2015. The only plus is that the 5 yr period, in case of NPR, did not happen prior to 1-1-2014. Otherwise, the acquisition would have lapsed. It is the sheer Good Luck of the NPR investors, thanks to the courtesy of HUDA’s inefficiency. The reason for the same is that Section 4 was notified on January 23, 2008. It was because of the laxity of HUDA that Section 11 award did not happen within a reasonable time. Section 11 award was made only on December 23, 2009 when the maximum allowable period of 2 years was about to expire. Therefore, if HUDA had worked efficiently and had made the award sometime in 2008 itself, the acquisition would have lapsed. At present, NPR case is a grey area because of the lack of clarity on application of Section 24(2).

Hi Choma1

You are very probably right on sections. I am far from an expert

However, there seems to be enough and more evidence that NPR is a PPP

http://www.futureplansnews.com/forum/thread/dwarka-expressway.html

Also i remember a court order in the past mentioning it

Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Choma1,

NPR is a PPP, project ashu is right.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Choma1,

NPR is a PPP, project ashu is right.

Sorry, I disagree that it is a PPP. It is purely a State Govt project. PPP project is one in which some private party puts in some sort of equity/capital and has a financial stake in the project. There is no such thing in case of Northern Peripheral Road. It is like a Ring Road of Delhi that has been given the name of Expressway. By the way, who gave it the name Dwarka Expressway? This name has been given by private builders and their purchased media to enhance the marketability of the area. It is good for the investors of NPR as they have also reaped the benefit of the same. But NPR is not the same as Gurgaon Expressway which has been built by a private party with its own investment on land provided by the govt. That project is a PPP.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Choma1
    Sorry, I disagree that it is a PPP. It is purely a State Govt project. PPP project is one in which some private party puts in some sort of equity/capital and has a financial stake in the project. There is no such thing in case of Northern Peripheral Road. It is like a Ring Road of Delhi that has been given the name of Expressway. By the way, who gave it the name Dwarka Expressway? This name has been given by private builders and their purchased media to enhance the marketability of the area. It is good for the investors of NPR as they have also reaped the benefit of the same. But NPR is not the same as Gurgaon Expressway which has been built by a private party with its own investment on land provided by the govt. That project is a PPP.

Choma1 ji

I am sure you are basing this on some sort of evidence. Can you please point it out to us for our benefit?

everything online seems to suggest PPP model for DEW/NPR. I am not sure what Private stake is in this however below articles seem to give some clues

Northern Peripheral Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'Dwarka Expressway sees nearly 3-fold jump in housing rates' - Economic Times
    CommentQuote
  • Not a PPP , It is HUDA's project
    CommentQuote