A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19762 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Some work seems to have started to widen the sandwich portion going around Bamnoli village connecting to Bijwasan Road so hopefully Delhi connectivity to 75 M road would be further enhanced
    Some photos attached showing filling work in progress
    Anyone else have any info on this?
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Although I am not a localite but sneaked in sm time to visit the dew. The dew might be delayed for long but the area does give a sense that its coming up well.the 75 m road as it exists is as wide as dew with and is very well connected to most of the sector roads say 103 106 109 . Took me about 25 mins frm rajeev chowk to 102 dew and about 20 mins way back from 109 to h.honda chowk. saw some work in progress both at 75 m rd as well as dew between 102 and 109 .also sewerage pipes hve been dumped on both roads all along.posting a few pics
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Chouraha
    Although I am not a localite but sneaked in sm time to visit the dew. The dew might be delayed for long but the area does give a sense that its coming up well.the 75 m road as it exists is as wide as dew with and is very well connected to most of the sector roads say 103 106 109 . Took me about 25 mins frm rajeev chowk to 102 dew and about 20 mins way back from 109 to h.honda chowk. saw some work in progress both at 75 m rd as well as dew between 102 and 109 .also sewerage pipes hve been dumped on both roads all along.posting a few pics

good work. What's the structure in the photos?
    thx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Chouraha
    Although I am not a localite but sneaked in sm time to visit the dew. The dew might be delayed for long but the area does give a sense that its coming up well.the 75 m road as it exists is as wide as dew with and is very well connected to most of the sector roads say 103 106 109 . Took me about 25 mins frm rajeev chowk to 102 dew and about 20 mins way back from 109 to h.honda chowk. saw some work in progress both at 75 m rd as well as dew between 102 and 109 .also sewerage pipes hve been dumped on both roads all along.posting a few pics

The 1st pic is of the sector road dividing 106 and 109 and in the background is ATS KOCOON.
    The second pic is the same sector road end where it intersects with DEW and in the bg is INDIA BULLS ENIGMA .
    https://api.indianrealestateforum.com/api//v0/attachments/fetch-attachment?node_id=62732
    This one is a stretch of basai road ( recently resurfaced )connecting DEW and 75 M PARALLEL .
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • I think that DMRC is now serious about this line. Hopefully we will see the light on this project soon enough. if sohna road also gets connected as an extension of this line then its well and good. The more the better. But I like that they are not going to change the alingment as requested by the MP from gurgaon. He is just plying populist politics and delaying the whole project to an extent of unviability.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by marutisuzu
    I have booked one unit in Sector 92, GGn for end use which will be available in 2017. Till then I am on rent. Just now I have received 45 Lakh from some parental source. What you guys suggest for this. Should I buy a RTM property with additional loan? or any better suggestion!!!

Put it in a balanced fund for 1 -2 years. Wait for the market direction to settle. Your investment will grow by 20%-30% to 55 -60 lacs. Prices of RE may be same or even a small reduction too. Then you may be able to buy a property without a loan in 2 years, with very low risk and volatility.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Put it in a balanced fund for 1 -2 years. Wait for the market direction to settle. Your investment will grow by 20%-30% to 55 -60 lacs. Prices of RE may be same or even a small reduction too. Then you may be able to buy a property without a loan in 2 years, with very low risk and volatility.

Bala - next two years, you are sure no hope for RE?. Although I do agree with that view.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bauji
    Bala - next two years, you are sure no hope for RE?. Although I do agree with that view.

Bauji -
    Long answer - Its tracing a cyclical path. we are off the euphoria and overtrading which is usually the "pinnacle" of a boom cycle. This is followed by denial, fear, panic, despondency and depression which is the "nadir" of the bust cycle. In my opinion, we are somewhere near the fear region, we have to pass by panic, despondency and depression before we start hitting the upcurve. I estimate this cycle (bust) to run out in 18-24 months and then we will start seeing upmove. Much of course depends on the overall economy and governance and commitment to reforms and infrastructure.

People who are invested (like me) and can sustain a bust cycle should stay put with optimistic views of the future. People who are liquid (like the guy who asked for) should keep it wisely and stay invested in a combination of equities and safe debt. As rents would continue to rule lower in a RE bust cycle, they can continue to enjoy premium properties at lower rents and possibly take a position at the nadir of the cycle, just before the upmove starts surfacing. Needless to say money market (central banks, credit policy etc.) and RE inventory overhang will track this path and help you identify these points.

Short answer - Yes the markets are definitely going to be subdued for the next 18 months or so. (which is also the lowest datapoint of inventory overhang anywhere in the country)

My opinion - I dont see this as a huge issue. Its just a market reality and perhaps life reality, what goes up must come down.... that which went up earlier.. will go up again... One thing that can certainly help in reducing pain and losses is quick infrastructure development and investment in public transportation and integrated habitats. This will catalyse investment and employment and will bail out the RE sector much quicker than you will imagine.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Bauji -
    Long answer - Its tracing a cyclical path. we are off the euphoria and overtrading which is usually the "pinnacle" of a boom cycle. This is followed by denial, fear, panic, despondency and depression which is the "nadir" of the bust cycle. In my opinion, we are somewhere near the fear region, we have to pass by panic, despondency and depression before we start hitting the upcurve. I estimate this cycle (bust) to run out in 18-24 months and then we will start seeing upmove. Much of course depends on the overall economy and governance and commitment to reforms and infrastructure.

People who are invested (like me) and can sustain a bust cycle should stay put with optimistic views of the future. People who are liquid (like the guy who asked for) should keep it wisely and stay invested in a combination of equities and safe debt. As rents would continue to rule lower in a RE bust cycle, they can continue to enjoy premium properties at lower rents and possibly take a position at the nadir of the cycle, just before the upmove starts surfacing. Needless to say money market (central banks, credit policy etc.) and RE inventory overhang will track this path and help you identify these points.

Short answer - Yes the markets are definitely going to be subdued for the next 18 months or so. (which is also the lowest datapoint of inventory overhang anywhere in the country)

My opinion - I dont see this as a huge issue. Its just a market reality and perhaps life reality, what goes up must come down.... that which went up earlier.. will go up again...

OK. Lets wait and watch. To take one year at a time. I think at least this fiscal, no recovery is expected especially Delhi-NCR. How sure are you?
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote
  • A querry for the experinced analysts ....
    What can you presume about dew in a 5 to 7 years bracket... in terms of
    1. Connectivity
    2. Livability
    3. Returns from investment at an existing entry price.
    4. Preference over other areas .
    CommentQuote
  • I am no expert but here are my views -

Would like to start with a “IF”:

Connectivity :
    IF DEW is complete in 3-4 yrs (which is most likely), once it is complete connectivity to other developed areas will come up quickly. So connectivity will be superb.

Livability:
    Social infrastructure is slowly starting to build up and once DEW is complete this will gather pace. All the projects are in a stage where they can be delivered in 2-3 yrs max, I think they are slow because of DEW issues. So Livability in 5 yrs if not great, would not be a challenge, in 10yrs would be excellent along the entire DEW stretch.

Returns from investment at an existing entry price – ROI will be decent, depends on at what price point you will enter, look for distress sale for high ROI.

Preference over other areas – Will be better than other areas of Gurgaon. Look at the development history of any area/location, whichever location is developed later is planned better.

Susant
    CommentQuote
  • NPR and pataudi road intersection. How is that going to be...would there be a flyover.
    CommentQuote
  • I agree with Balaji. There is always a cycle of ups n down and also few things depends on how government policies progresses. 1-2 year window also looks practical however if someone can take risk it can be beneficial for him. There are always less chances of loss if you invest in a developing area and if market booms, it is balle balle!!
    Another reason if you are end user and buying first home than you can take possession and save on rent.
    I know something about Ramprastha, one can buy a 3 BHK in Atrium or View in 62 to 70 lacs. Possession is going to happen very soon in these two societies along with 2BHK in Edge towers. Vatika may have better record but their apartment in sector 83 looks ugly compare to Ramprastha.

Thanks
    BR
    CommentQuote
  • I am interested in buying a ready to move 2 BHK in vatika G21? Dealers are quoting me 72L all inclusive for 1245 sqft which is about 4850 BSP. Is it too high? My budget is 65L all inclusive?

How about 2 BHK vatika city homes? It seems like it will be ready in a year.
    CommentQuote