A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19772 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • are we talking about greater noida and dwarka expressway sectors?

DEW is no where 30 mins drive even after kapashera toll removal.

Do you know how much time it takes to cross the toll at kheri daula? do you know the average speed you can drive on NH-8 from Delhi? nowhere you can reach Kheri toll in one hour from AIIMS.

I dont know what time and what speed you drive but I can challenge it on facts.

Why rates are same of DEW and GNEW despite having less over supply and airport in DEW ?

now plz don't compare rent of greater noida with dwarka expressway sectors.

No.

Comparison is between sector 109 of DEW and Sector 93 region of NEW. Distance and time is same.

Comparison is also between Vatika, 37D and 99 sectors of DEW and with Greater NOIDA. Distance and time is same.

I have used AIIMS crossing because it is midway of ring road in south and within NDMC. Also i live quite close to it.

Today i drove at 10 AM from AIIMS crossing to Kherki Daula. I reached Kapashera exit in about 20 minutes. On previous trips it had taken me 15 minutes from Kapashera exit to sector 110 via Bajghera or Bijwasan road. Once roads are better and flyovers come, it will take half hour with light traffic.

It took me exactly 1 hour 5 minutes to reach Vatika post the Kherki toll.

On Sunday i.e. two days ago I drove to Jaypee at 8.45 AM. Again from AIIMS crossing. I reached Kosmos in 25 minutes. With no traffic. With slightly more traffic like today at 10, it will take 30 to 35 minutes.

On previous trips to Greater NOIDA it took one hour.

I drive at 80 km per hour. Rarely touch 90. I was driving at 60 on NH8 because of traffic. I drove at 80 on DND day before yesterday.

Rent for Vatika 2 bhk is around 12000 with around 4000 maintenance going for it. The guy i visited had told some such rate last time I asked - he is renting because Ramprastha not delivered.

Cost of the Vatika flat is 75 lakhs. Cost of similar flat 2 Km away in Ramprastha is 50 lakhs. 25% price difference will be covered when DEW completes because equal location.

Driving from closest point on DEW approaching NH8, which is in Sihi village, to the railway bridge via DEW today took me exactly 2 minutes including slowing and looking for traffic at Pataudi road.

One of my main purpose for today and Sunday drives was to exactly time the travel.

Just a zzzzipppp on DEW. no time.
    CommentQuote
  • hey,
    venky & veterens, can we guesstimate the rates of the DEW projects on Delhi side (109 to 113) in 3 yrs time? My guess is a 30% appreciation max. Depending upon under/overvaluation resale bsp of some projects in 2017 end shld be:-
    Puri (111)- now (8000);then (10500)
    Tata (112)-now overvalued (10500);then 12500);
    ATS (109)-now (6000);then 8000
    Sobha- an end use product for HNI's;likely to see lukewarm resale appreciation
    UR views pls
    CommentQuote
  • Mahindra Aura, Shobha International City, ATS Cocoon and Raheja have started putting up banners on the Dwarka link road(road starting opposite to Shiv Murti till Bharthal crossing(entry point for DEW from Delhi).

Seems like they have some internal news on the progress already!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Harmits
    Mahindra Aura, Shobha International City, ATS Cocoon and Raheja have started putting up banners on the Dwarka link road(road starting opposite to Shiv Murti till Bharthal crossing(entry point for DEW from Delhi).

Seems like they have some internal news on the progress already!

What kind of banners are these?

Thx
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by ashu_sharmaa
    What kind of banners are these?

Thx

Ashu, these are promotional ads. There were no ads for several months on this stretch but it seems they have some insider news because of which they have started putting up the ads to gain attention..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pacman
    hey,
    venky & veterens, can we guesstimate the rates of the DEW projects on Delhi side (109 to 113) in 3 yrs time? My guess is a 30% appreciation max. Depending upon under/overvaluation resale bsp of some projects in 2017 end shld be:-
    UR views pls

I would agree.

But on bank loan if you are paying 20%. Assume 1.4 crore flat. Currently 1.2 cr paid. Remainder on delivery.

You pay 20 lakhs down. Sell on final payment in 1 years. Interest cost 12 lakhs.

Assume 1.4 becomes 1.6 in one year.

One year return on 32 lakhs is 20 lakhs.

Worth it. In FD you will get 3.5 lakhs max.

This is why investors will push up the prices very quickly. Since structure ready the trigger will make a lot of investors go for this low risk (can take delivery if doesnt work) and high reward bet. In 3 years anyway will beat FD returns.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by pacman
    hey,
    UR views pls

It would be less than 10%.. In real terms it would be a loss in 3 years(price indexation). I hope I am wrong and there is no panic selling next year. Usually as soon as the bubble starts bursting there is a snowball effect.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by rohit_warren
    I am really surprised that you think that metro is mostly used by lower middle class.
    My boss an ultra hni uses metro everyday he comes to starting metro station on his bmw x6 rides metro to huda city centre there is another Merc wating for him.
    He says he saves 25 mins and jam each day.
    I have used metro for so long I park one bike at starting station and other at destination.
    I loved the hassle free ride.

Developed mentality use public transport for routine developing ones get stuck in show off.

Dakter saheb after reaching a certain level the beemar Merc VW only remain a tool of transport.

I am sure this post will be something to ponder.

Rohit

How many bmw and merc owners take metro?? And someone who has actually felt the comfort of a merc back seat - he or she wont talk such shit that a vehicle is merely mode of transport...taking one personal example-- that too am not sure how credible to support your POV... Poor attempt
    CommentQuote
  • NPR (Northern Peripheral Road)/ Dwarka Expressway, Gurgaon updates

True

To add - Ultra hnis live close to offices

They value their time and dont waste it on travel

Uhni also dont buy cars less than 1 cr

Uhni definition if not clear - personal networth of 30mn USD. Thats Rs 180 cr.

I know people worth much lesser who cap their travel time to 15-20 mins but pay a bomb for RE to achieve that

Only exceptions being the people who have very specific preference for a residential location
    CommentQuote
  • BTW, is there any 'Khulasa' on what was been resolved.. as mention by Mr. Ulti in his post a few days back??
    CommentQuote
  • Mr Ulti, please share details on what progress has been made to the ailing cases...
    CommentQuote
  • Members, please note -

Off Topic
    Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.
    CommentQuote
  • And now I feel quite educated about the lifestyles of UHNWIs.

Thank you guys, you just filled a major void in my knowledge of this world !!
    CommentQuote
  • ROI Going forward

Firstly let me thank all of you for your posts. I have been a follower for a couple of years but never posted. I guess I had no value to add. I am an investor based out of US and bought into a couple of propoerties a couple of years ago.

Would like to know how Puri and Saare Grand will be affected by this spurt of optimism and the timeline. My target sale prices are 10000 for Puri Diplomatic enclave and 6000 for Saare Grand 92.
    And yes, I am a delhite and a frequent visitor :-)

Thanks so much..
    CommentQuote
  • Well, I may not be that much an expert in RE but based on the information we all know that Delhi will increase in its area, all that R zone, L zone etc etc. Still guys here are not counting that factor and believe that the DEW prices are bound to get hiked in coming months. I may be bearish on DEW prices but the fact remains that after the reputed builders start making launches in the new area it will strongly have an impact in NCR price correction, leave behind DEW.

Let me know if my point does not hold good.
    CommentQuote