A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19760 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by RAMRATAN74
    Friends.

To add to me Previous post on DELHI LAND POOLING affecting rates, I wish to state as under :

DELHI is a POOR MAN's Colony, NOW. Its not any more a PRESTIGIOUS ADDRESS.

Except few areas like Lutyen's or Vasant Kunj, and one or two more,

MOST OF DELHI is RURAL or Unauthorised Colonies, which have been regularized. And hence, development will come to Stand Still,

in Absence of Land.

Also, the VISION of present DELHI Govt is well known.

Last 15 Years, Delhi saw Explosive growth in Infra Thanks to Vision of Ms. Shiela Dikshit.

The present Govt. is : GOVT of the POOR. For the POOR and RUN by POOR ( people with little imagination).

NOIDA has its own Challenges. Law and order. And UP State Govt being one of the most corrupt.

FARIDABAD is largely Industrial.

That leaves, GURGAON as the best destination for Staying in next Decade or so.

Our infra may be little weak now, but its Catching up.

DEW will be the Ultimate Shot in the Arm.

A well planned Highway, can cater to 1 Million People. And with Specs of Projects coming around DEW, it surely will offer better Quality of Life,

V/S DELHI.

INVEST NOW or REPENT LATER. That's the Mantra for Everyone. On DEW.

Private Sector can push to get things done. Unlike in DELHI, where they keep fighting for Cheap Electricity,

Pollution in Air, and No future Infra project announced.

DEW will change the contours of Gurgaon forever.

I agree with this.

Although AAP is not in charge of land but Delhi voters are lower middle class and both BJP and AAP will be chasing them.

Land near Najafgarh will be used for lower middle class jobs and housing.

But Dwarka extension will be along the DEW and the offices, diplomatic enclave, and flats likely to be upper middle class.

Dwarka extension is in fact running all along Najafgarh Nala from sector 103 to 110 only along DEW - the border is basically parallel to DEW.
    CommentQuote
  • With all due respect, there are people who invested in DEW with 10 year horizon.

Said in jest, to be taken in the same spirit.

Originally Posted by DIVI321
    There,s no doubt that flats in delhi are going to effect the prices in NCR but seeing the trend in last two draws, DDA has only helped increase the prices in Delhi and vicinity. Also If any thing like land pooling starts starts today then rest assured that its not going to have any impact for another 10 yrs.
    No sensible enduser or investor is gonna sit and wait for 10 yrs to invest.
    One more thing that will greatly impact the rates on NPR will be the ambiance it provides and how well planned it comes up.

Its my POV.
    CommentQuote
  • Brilliant post, Ramratan Ji uptil propagation of DEW.

But the killer was INVEST NOW OR REPENT LATER.

RE is down in the dumps and will remain so for years. Gurgaon is largely unaffordable, extremely investor driven and the supply glut in the next 5-6 years will make sure prices remain subdued at best.

Do you know the effect one single property in GCExt by the name of Grand Arch is having on rentals in GCR. Imagine plethora of RTM's in 5-6 years and you can make your own assumptions.

Originally Posted by RAMRATAN74
    Friends.

To add to me Previous post on DELHI LAND POOLING affecting rates, I wish to state as under :

DELHI is a POOR MAN's Colony, NOW. Its not any more a PRESTIGIOUS ADDRESS.

Except few areas like Lutyen's or Vasant Kunj, and one or two more,

MOST OF DELHI is RURAL or Unauthorised Colonies, which have been regularized. And hence, development will come to Stand Still,

in Absence of Land.

Also, the VISION of present DELHI Govt is well known.

Last 15 Years, Delhi saw Explosive growth in Infra Thanks to Vision of Ms. Shiela Dikshit.

The present Govt. is : GOVT of the POOR. For the POOR and RUN by POOR ( people with little imagination).

NOIDA has its own Challenges. Law and order. And UP State Govt being one of the most corrupt.

FARIDABAD is largely Industrial.

That leaves, GURGAON as the best destination for Staying in next Decade or so.

Our infra may be little weak now, but its Catching up.

DEW will be the Ultimate Shot in the Arm.

A well planned Highway, can cater to 1 Million People. And with Specs of Projects coming around DEW, it surely will offer better Quality of Life,

V/S DELHI.

INVEST NOW or REPENT LATER. That's the Mantra for Everyone. On DEW.

Private Sector can push to get things done. Unlike in DELHI, where they keep fighting for Cheap Electricity,

Pollution in Air, and No future Infra project announced.

DEW will change the contours of Gurgaon forever.
    CommentQuote
  • Khalsa Ji

Since the article mentioned that there is a mad rush of people wanting to buy the property, would request you to try and find out nos. of transfers and new sales which have happened in Raheja office in the past 6 months.

Nothing wrong in him promoting it, infact with disclaimer it is absolutely fair for Raheja to pen in a sponsored article but the interpretations drawn by us are somewhat specious.

Originally Posted by Khalsa
    Rohit sahab,
    I know it's paid article but true article,what is wrong there.I know some members still can not digest the Dew verdict,so giving there spin.
    Rehaja, is giving possesion not selling the project.The project is 100% sold long before.Yes he is doing marketing for Dew,that's the business nothing wrong in it.
    CommentQuote
  • Sector 103 DEW

Hi i m looking to buy a flat in centrum park sector 103 gurgaon as an end user...i can wait upto 2 years...mu budget is 75 L...should i go for it?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Khalsa Ji

Since the article mentioned that there is a mad rush of people wanting to buy the property, would request you to try and find out nos. of transfers and new sales which have happened in Raheja office in the past 6 months.

Nothing wrong in him promoting it, infact with disclaimer it is absolutely fair for Raheja to pen in a sponsored article but the interpretations drawn by us are somewhat specious.

JethroNull sir,
    It's paid business article so there are spining and twisting of words to sound good.
    Regarding to find out transfer and new sales in Raheja office why when project is sold out already.We are talking about is project in sec109.
    So what new sales or transfer you are looking sir.
    CommentQuote
  • Do not know what people expect from RE.. It has been squeezed , no point in putting money in RE asset class for 3 years : u will not get even FD returns ; peole with cash in bank will be treated like king : it is just a dull market now ; wait for 2 years and it will be massacre .. There is still some juice left in investors . I personally know 25 plus investors who had over leveraged and did invest in 2013 inspite of me clearly saying that not a right time : are bleeding now..

Lots of cancellation will happen , if some one has patience wait for 2 years keep accommodating money and then buy ; buy now of u want for end use and really love unit and project..

Wait my friends wait..

Massacre is about to begin...

Same thing is being accomodated in stocks : peole are running after them ; another doom time is coming ..
    CommentQuote
  • I had brought a unit in dec 2011 and in one of the most sought project in GCX now want to swap it with 3 Bhk ; not even a single buyer is there .. everyone assume that seller must be in distress ..
    CommentQuote
  • Since there is a mad scramble to get homes and all homes are sold out (according to you), then I am sure transfers would be happening, resales would be happening. I am talking about actual transfers/registries happening? Dónt be so naive. I am sure you got my drift.

Originally Posted by Khalsa
    JethroNull sir,
    It's paid business article so there are spining and twisting of words to sound good.
    Regarding to find out transfer and new sales in Raheja office why when project is sold out already.We are talking about is project in sec109.
    So what new sales or transfer you are looking sir.
    CommentQuote
  • Absolutely and the builders still have the balls to put such crap articles on front pages of our "esteemed" newspaper.

Those heady days of RE are gone. Lets keep the expectations real.

Originally Posted by doobti
    I had brought a unit in dec 2011 and in one of the most sought project in GCX now want to swap it with 3 Bhk ; not even a single buyer is there .. everyone assume that seller must be in distress ..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by doobti
    Do not know what people expect from RE.. It has been squeezed , no point in putting money in RE asset class for 3 years : u will not get even FD returns ; peole with cash in bank will be treated like king : it is just a dull market now ; wait for 2 years and it will be massacre .. There is still some juice left in investors . I personally know 25 plus investors who had over leveraged and did invest in 2013 inspite of me clearly saying that not a right time : are bleeding now..

Lots of cancellation will happen , if some one has patience wait for 2 years keep accommodating money and then buy ; buy now of u want for end use and really love unit and project..

Wait my friends wait..

Massacre is about to begin...

Same thing is being accomodated in stocks : peole are running after them ; another doom time is coming ..

:) some "ordinary" people believe that they have a magic wand and they can time everything.. it just shows that people are quite naive.. if everyone becomes really as smart as they believe themselves to be.. then everyone will be Warren Buffet..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Since there is a mad scramble to get homes and all homes are sold out (according to you), then I am sure transfers would be happening, resales would be happening. I am talking about actual transfers/registries happening? Dónt be so naive. I am sure you got my drift.

Listen sir,
    I am not naive and I understand your drift very well.
    I am talking about Raheja project in sec 109 only is sold out. You think Raheja cares if any new transfers or new sales.Pl don't broad brush that I mentioned there is mad scramble to get homes.
    Everybody knows RE market is very slow right now and how long it will go nobody's knows.
    CommentQuote
  • @jethonull- don't be to negative on dew, think positive.

Market will soon turn positive.. Days and time are not same always.. Some positive already started with dew clearance.. Wait and watch some investors are tired of long wait but time will change soon in 6month to a year
    CommentQuote
  • I really did not get point ki u r criticizing or accepting my statement.. Just a simple question u have 1 cr and want to do investment; will u do in RE now? If yes where .. Please suggest . I might be wrong but will give a perception and can investment my fund more maturely
    CommentQuote
  • I am not negative on RE including DEW, it is a cycle but the time frame you are mentioning, a'int gonna happen.

I think some realism is extremely important. Something fundamental is changing in RE in my humble opinion and is imperative that over-exuberance is challenged through arguments and facts.

Keep them coming. :)

Originally Posted by samsekh
    @jethonull- don't be to negative on dew, think positive.

Market will soon turn positive.. Days and time are not same always.. Some positive already started with dew clearance.. Wait and watch some investors are tired of long wait but time will change soon in 6month to a year
    CommentQuote