A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
19775 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by verma29
    Originally Posted by sourabhv

We are into Dwarka market since 2005, Let me tell you the difference between Dew & sector 22 Dwarka societies are :

1- Area of Sector 22 (All dwarka ) societies are within 1 acre plot. Dew societies area's start from 11 acre minimum.

2- Dwarka societies don't have swimming pool & club in single society. You can easily find out in every society of Dwarkaexpressway.

3- Construction of Dwarka expressway projects are doing by medium to high class construction contractor's. Kindly check the construction qualities of Dwarka societies especially Shubham & DGS appartment.

4- Kindly check class of maintenance in Dwarka societies because nobody wants to pay maintenance charges of Rs 2000 pm. Standard rate of maintenance in Gurgaon is 2.30 to 3 psf per month.

That's why rental prices in Dwarka societies are Rs 20 k pm for 3 bhk and people are paying rent of Rs 18 - 21 k pm in Mahindra Aura project at this stage only.

Hi Verma29,

Appreciate your explanation! I am aware of these differences and hence the question here:

If we should expect an equalization of prices (by the way carpet area basis price is already similar. Here I mean total cost of a 2 bhk or a small 3 bhk) between Dwarka Sector-22 and DEW MIG Flats in three years from now? Would common facilities win over Delhi tag, supporting infrastructure and neighborhood? Let's try to see from the eye of an MIG buyer!

By the way, I am not sure if Mahindra Aura should be included as a reference point. Isn't it a premium project?

Regards,
    S

Hi Verma29,

Appreciate your explanation! I am aware of these differences and hence the question here:

If we should expect an equalization of prices (by the way carpet area basis price is already similar. Here I mean total cost of a 2 bhk or a small 3 bhk) between Dwarka Sector-22 and DEW MIG Flats in three years from now? Would common facilities win over Delhi tag, supporting infrastructure and neighborhood? Let's try to see from the eye of an MIG buyer!

By the way, I am not sure if Mahindra Aura should be included as a reference point. Isn't it a premium project?

Regards,
    S
    CommentQuote
  • While I agree with you that Dwarka housing would be a poor cousin of DEW but ..

Dwarka has malls, commercials, a running metro, cinema halls. schools, courts, colleges, hospitals, offices. restaurants, organised and defined roads.

Where is the social infra in DEW? It takes a hell lot of years to build that social infra. I don't see even a single post devoted to explaining where and when the social infra would come up?

We used to have similar discussion in New Gurgaon thread and members always suggested that new GGN would be the next big thing and people would move en-masse to that area. But we all know what happened. I always used to ask about social infra in new GGN thread and people used to laugh it off.

See development without social infra is not the way forward and would always be a "mazboori". So, if I am working in Cybercity, Gurgaon and am upwardly mobile, I would not shift to DEW even on rent. And people here seems to be missing that point.

Originally Posted by verma29
    Originally Posted by sourabhv

We are into Dwarka market since 2005, Let me tell you the difference between Dew & sector 22 Dwarka societies are :

1- Area of Sector 22 (All dwarka ) societies are within 1 acre plot. Dew societies area's start from 11 acre minimum.

2- Dwarka societies don't have swimming pool & club in single society. You can easily find out in every society of Dwarkaexpressway.

3- Construction of Dwarka expressway projects are doing by medium to high class construction contractor's. Kindly check the construction qualities of Dwarka societies especially Shubham & DGS appartment.

4- Kindly check class of maintenance in Dwarka societies because nobody wants to pay maintenance charges of Rs 2000 pm. Standard rate of maintenance in Gurgaon is 2.30 to 3 psf per month.

That's why rental prices in Dwarka societies are Rs 20 k pm for 3 bhk and people are paying rent of Rs 18 - 21 k pm in Mahindra Aura project at this stage only.
    CommentQuote
  • DDA is coming up with penthouses in Dwarka. People here do not realize the amount of land available in that area. Do yourself a favor and drive around Dwarka L zone area and you would realise the amount of land that is available and what all it can house.

DDA to Launch HIG Flat Housing Scheme in Dwarka with Penthouses

Delhi Development Authority may launch a new housing scheme for HIG (High Income Group) in Dwarka in upcoming years. The authority will be constructing HIG flats in high-rise towers in Dwarka for the scheme. The land owning agency has taken a decision to construct 14 penthouses in the 7 towers under the scheme. The agency will construct a total of 1114 high-end dwelling units. The 14 penthouses under the scheme will offer latest and modern lifestyle facilities and terrace garden.

On Tuesday, 23rd June, Delhi Development Authority approved the plan of this construction and the proposal to redevelop the authority’s own staff quarters. This will be the first ever project of authority with this majority of HIG houses. The new project will fulfill the growing demand of HIG houses in the capital city. The project will come up in sector 19B in Dwarka and the construction will start soon, according to the sources.

The project will include HIG units with 3 bedrooms while the penthouse will have four bedrooms with terrace garden. Out of total, 932 will be HIG houses, 168 HIG houses with servant quarter and 14 penthouses. These units will be constructed in 11 towers, of which seven will have penthouses. Ground floor of each tower will have no flats and to be used for parking.

The authority will also redevelop DDA staff quarters in Rajendra Nagar and Mayur Vihar Phase-I. The DDA staff quarters are constructed over two hectares with 1BHK, 2BHK & 3BHK units and these units have a very low floor area where parking is also a major problem. The redevelopment plans will cover all the problems and the capacity of site will be increased by threefold.

DDA will provide the luxury facilities inside the project for HIG flats. The authority will construct high rises with local shopping centers, community facilities, clubs, indoor and outdoor sport facilities, swimming pool and gymnasium. These features will definitely attract the HIG category from private developers to DDA housing schemes.

The final decision, however, is yet to be taken about when the scheme will be launched.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    DDA is coming up with penthouses in Dwarka. People here do not realize the amount of land available in that area. Do yourself a favor and drive around Dwarka L zone area and you would realise the amount of land that is available and what all it can house.

DDA to Launch HIG Flat Housing Scheme in Dwarka with Penthouses

There is no comparison between Dew & L zone.

It seems like you are comparing medium to ultra luxury apartments with so called L zone societies.

Very Very Long term investor's are buying flat in L zone for the sake of attractive price Rs 35 - 40 Lac.

I know few dwarka based developers who have bring the projects in same area.

According to them there will be massive escalation, Don't surprise if cost of flat will become double at the time of delivery.

I can give you number of Dwarka societies which are under construction or not deleivered since last 10 years where escalation already taken place by 45 %.

Kindly don't compare L zone with Dew.

I do agree L zone is better than Noida Extension & Faridabad or Sohna.
    CommentQuote
  • I think most DEW developers have an escalation clause and there will be many builders who will not be able to deliver in 10 years in DEW as well. I can predict for you developers on DEW who will not deliver in 10 years and will escalate by 45%.

And Verma Ji, you did not answer my post on social infra?

Originally Posted by verma29
    There is no comparison between Dew & L zone.

It seems like you are comparing medium to ultra luxury apartments with so called L zone societies.

Very Very Long term investor's are buying flat in L zone for the sake of attractive price Rs 35 - 40 Lac.

I know few dwarka based developers who have bring the projects in same area.

According to them there will be massive escalation, Don't surprise if cost of flat will become double at the time of delivery.

I can give you number of Dwarka societies which are under construction or not deleivered since last 10 years where escalation already taken place by 45 %.

Kindly don't compare L zone with Dew.
    CommentQuote
    I think most DEW developers have an escalation clause and there will be many builders who will not be able to deliver in 10 years in DEW as well. I can predict for you developers on DEW who will not deliver in 10 years and will escalate by 45%.

Jethro, seems most of the property owners on DEW are actually 'investors' (not end-users) who r not bothered about social / physical infra. Coz they r not planning on living here. They're just expecting xx% returns over yy years and they will exit after that.

Leave social infra, I've been asking people about basic infra (electricity, water etc) in various threads and never seem to get an appropriate answer).

I sometimes think that this is the fallout of high investor %age in Gurgaon (more than half of buyers in last 6-7 years in Gurgaon r investors acc. to some news report). Given that majority of their customers don't give a damn about social / basic infra, builders launched projects anywhere and everywhere. They just had to make sure that they increased prices every 3 months to keep the customers happy.
    CommentQuote
  • JethroNull sir,
    This area just came out of litigation issue give some time infra will also come.In India nothing comes that fast.
    Remember my word this whole area will one of the best place to live in coming time.Just patience bro...
    CommentQuote
  • JoBhiMain,
    Social infra work like water,elec and sewerage works are going on, sir,why don't you personally visit and look you will get idea.
    You should be aware of this place ,litigation slow down every think.
    CommentQuote
  • Khalsa Ji

Please go through new GGN thread and read the posts some 2 years ago. We used to have similar discussion and till now there is no social infra and nothing coming up as well.

Social infra takes atleast 5-7 years to come up even after planning and here even planning has not been done.

I know things happen slowly in India but the current prices do not reflect the ground realities, consequently there are no buyers.

Also, I wish it becomes the best place to live in coming time but it got to have some fundamentals.

Originally Posted by Khalsa
    JethroNull sir,
    This area just came out of litigation issue give some time infra will also come.In India nothing comes that fast.
    Remember my word this whole area will one of the best place to live in coming time.Just patience bro...
    CommentQuote
  • JethroNull,
    Plannings are there sir, just give time and patience.Rome was not built in one day,even gurgaon was not developed that fast it took decades still the infra is mess.
    CommentQuote
  • Deja-vu.

Anyways, I leave the topic here.

Originally Posted by Khalsa
    JethroNull,
    Plannings are there sir, just give time and patience.Rome was not built in one day,even gurgaon was not developed that fast it took decades still the infra is mess.
    CommentQuote
  • Sir ji rates to aise kar diye haib area ke ki Jaise sub Kuch already set up hook .. Area will become Good but no ROI INFACT will not match FD returns for 3-4 years

This is the point abu h we are discussing , India main kabhi na kabhi toh sab badiya Kuch Ho hee jata hain..

DEW dream has been show to many people and joh salaried class hain khoon pasine ki kamai wale ; they will be crying in near future .

Stay away for next 3-4 years
    CommentQuote
  • Sir,
    You can stay away for life nobody's is forcing you to invest.After 3-4 years you can not even think to buy here.
    Dew dream would have been realty by now if it was not stuck in litigation.like to know who's bleeding or crying in Dew street .I see you ranting every where.
    CommentQuote
  • Today news in HT.

HUDA TO GIVE LAND TO THOSE WHO LOST IT TO EXPRESSWAY .

Starting July 1st.
    CommentQuote
    I think most DEW developers have an escalation clause and there will be many builders who will not be able to deliver in 10 years in DEW as well. I can predict for you developers on DEW who will not deliver in 10 years and will escalate by 45%.

If you are comparing social infrastructure Dwarka vs Dew then I hope you knows that Dwarka starts in 1995 by the name of PAPPANKALA and till 2006 everyone was saying who will stay in Dwarka.

I bought a shop in sector 11 dwarka in 2002 22 lac.
    I have opened my ofc in the same shop in 2005 and when I bought the shop overdere then everybody was saying you are fool coz you can purchased same size of shop at Janakpuri DC which was ready but I invest in Dwarka only due to planned sub city like Dew.

I have put it on rent my shop to big MNC before 2 years 1.12 Lac pm for 9 years with escalation clause of 15% after every 3 years.

Dwarka story starts only when Dabri drain was covered, Palam flyover was opened & Sector 21 underpass was opened at the same time in 2006 only.

Keep some patience coz Dew starts from 2008 only and as Khalasji mentioned it has litigation free just before 1 month.
    Let's demolished the NPV houses first then you will see the speed of infrastructure progress.

Sir

Investors or end users have to wait in India.

If someone invest in Share market then they can't wait for 3 minutes only while viewing the stock price rate on CNBC coz stock prices strip takes 3 minutes to take round alphabetically.

FYI New end user's don't want to live in Dwarka now due to poor maintenance in societies and lack of common facilities, end users are preferring Gurgaon over Delhi even there is infrastructure or not doesn't matter.

For Instance My flat is lying vacant since last 8 months & nobody wants to take it on rent.

Till 2014 I was getting rent Rs 21 k pm but now I am struggling to find out tennant who will pay Rs 16 k per month only.

It's a 3 bhk +servant just adjacent to Pizza Hut.

End users are happily paying Rs 21 to 45 k per month in Gurgaon for 3 bhk +servant.

Keep some patience.
    CommentQuote