A lot of companies are advertising for property citing nearness to Dwarka expressway corridor.

Shilas, Indiabulls Centrum Park and Ramprastha Edge Tower come to mind.

Does anybody have news on when this construction will start and when it is likely to finish? Has the contract been awarded and to whom?
Date of completion and start of operation will be vital news for evaluating the pricing of flats sold in this corridor.

Last I heard was that a few houses in Palam Vihar were slated for demolition for this expressway in May June 09 or thereabouts.
Read more
Reply
19763 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Hi Autotech - I think you may be mistaken, the delay is happening because of the disagreement between MEA and MUD and not because of embassies. Infact there are a lot of applications pending and DDA will not be able to allot land to even a fraction of the applicants. Pls. refer to the latest Hindu Article on this. But the ministries have agreed on the modalities and the land will be allotted within this year itself.

    The link is here : DDA-MEA stalemate over enclave at Dwarka - The Hindu
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by autotech
    D
    Dear Venky,

    The forum is full of L zone/diplomatic enclave debate, BUT DO WE ACTUALLY KNOW WILL ANY EMBASSY WILL RELOCATE TO THIS SIDE OF Delhi?? I have serious doubts!! This seems to be all hype and marketing technique.

    What I know for a fact is a lot embassy have not given positive opinion about this place and logically thinking why would they do so? Currently they are located in one the best areas of Delhi, near to PM house, khan market, central offices,hotels.


    Best

    Diplomatic enclave is some 5 to 10 years away at least.

    They will not relocate. No way.

    Additional embassy buildings will be in the new enclave. Currently the peoole renting in Vasant vihar Gulmohar park etc will shift to the new enclave. Additional and larger offices will also come up.

    Perhaps the VFS offices might relocate for easier embassy access.

    Most of the back office only will shift. That is my understanding. No govt will ever vacate their land - it is their countries soil. US embassy stands on US land. They will never give it up.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Hi Autotech - I think you may be mistaken, the delay is happening because of the disagreement between MEA and MUD and not because of embassies. Infact there are a lot of applications pending and DDA will not be able to allot land to even a fraction of the applicants. Pls. refer to the latest Hindu Article on this. But the ministries have agreed on the modalities and the land will be allotted within this year itself.

    The link is here : DDA-MEA stalemate over enclave at Dwarka - The Hindu

    great information
    CommentQuote
  • Yes, of course.

    Dwarka extension, Gurgaon extension, New Gurgaon - all marketing monikers.

    The point is that majority of the members think L Zone is the LIG equivalent of DEW and it would be a sacrilege to compare or worry about the supply of L Zone in coming times.

    Your views?



    CommentQuote
  • Bumping it up because did not get a response to the question.


    Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Could you please post the source of Infy coming to Gurgaon? Which part of Gurgaon? Also, which other new IT firms are in pipeline?

    If the news is correct, it's great news.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Bumping it up because did not get a response to the question.

    There is no response because there is no such plan anyone has heard of.

    Infy business plan under sikka will probably see their Indian workforce shrink. Smaller but more skilled and acquisitions abroad. Their existing floor plates will be falling vacant.

    The old model of body shop IT is dead. Life has moved on
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by JethroNull
    Yes, of course.

    Dwarka extension, Gurgaon extension, New Gurgaon - all marketing monikers.

    The point is that majority of the members think L Zone is the LIG equivalent of DEW and it would be a sacrilege to compare or worry about the supply of L Zone in coming times.

    Your views?


    I doubt if we will see much residential. More likely we will have CBD in dwarka ext, diplomatic enclave, convention centers hotels commercials and retail.

    LIG will probably come in Kanjawala and Baprola. Giant central govt office also likely there or could be in dwarka ext.

    But with kejriwal at loggerheads with center I am pessimistic about movement. 1/5 years of Modi gone. Nothing much on smart city except GIFT. Such slow pace means just ignore it. Next central govt only will see some real achievement on the ground.

    HIG and MIG in DEW is already enough for many years. There is vacant flats in Dwarka also.

    More - nobody will build. No buyers.
    CommentQuote
  • IT is still up and running, if IT is dead or slow down real estate market will go into recession and crash badly.
    To let you all know that IT is growing and there is a strong movement across companies due to huge demand line up. Every weekend there are drives going in IT companies.. Q1 2016 results will show the growth..

    I will soon share with you the Gurgaon Infosys address as I get the updates.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Hi Autotech - I think you may be mistaken, the delay is happening because of the disagreement between MEA and MUD and not because of embassies. Infact there are a lot of applications pending and DDA will not be able to allot land to even a fraction of the applicants. Pls. refer to the latest Hindu Article on this. But the ministries have agreed on the modalities and the land will be allotted within this year itself.

    The link is here : DDA-MEA stalemate over enclave at Dwarka - The Hindu


    According to sources in the DDA, land development in the allocated area is nearly complete. The enclave only awaits further direction from the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA), which at present is in talks with foreign missions to gauge the quantum of allocation required for each country.
    So far, the MEA has received around 50 applications from countries for land allotment. The requests range from space for embassies to cultural centres. While at least 60 diplomatic missions are housed in Chanakyapuri, embassies of at least 39 countries function out of rented apartments, primarily in South Delhi.
    CommentQuote
  • Sir

    This is for your reading.

    Global tech spending set to drop 5.5% in 2015: Gartner - The Economic Times

    I wait for your confirmation on Infosys setting up a new facility in Gurgaon. It would be great news. Infact, it would be great if you could share plans of other IT company wanting to setup shop in Gurgaon.

    Originally Posted by samsekh
    IT is still up and running, if IT is dead or slow down real estate market will go into recession and crash badly.
    To let you all know that IT is growing and there is a strong movement across companies due to huge demand line up. Every weekend there are drives going in IT companies.. Q1 2016 results will show the growth..

    I will soon share with you the Gurgaon Infosys address as I get the updates.
    CommentQuote
  • Jethro - I am not saying that Tech is immune to any economic shocks, but the news of 5.5% drop ($ terms) is attributable to currency movements and renegotiations and not demand side movement. We will have to see it in the right context. We have turmoil in Europe, that can also have a ripple effect, so there can be a demand slowdown as well. However we should now also start looking at our IT/service industry as also inwards facing. Our digital india campaign is going to add 450,000 crores to the kitty. So if export is sluggish to a bit, domestic orders would come handy to the industry.

    Pls. dont mistake as saying that our IT industry can sustain the volumes, margins and growth by domestic orders alone, but seen as a package, domestic IT spending is set to grow very heavily following e-governance initiatives and mobile penetration etc. Also due to a strong dollar realizations are robust in rupee terms.

    But yes, I would also like to know if there are any big movements in Gurgaon on the IT scape.
    CommentQuote
  • If airport at jewar or anywhere in UP becomes a reality d eway will be the biggest flop.
    All those are projecting 20+ irr % should factor in these kind of shocking risks.
    CommentQuote
  • Rohit ji - Airport in Jewar or elsewhere would not mean that IGI would be closed down. Also any other airport is another 8 years down the line and IGI would also continue to grow in the meantime, making the neighborhood more relevant. DMIC is also touching DEW and gurgaon, so that's not going away because of Jewar.

    We need more infra in this country, but that doesn't really mean that one infra will make the others irrelevant. DEW RE is not or rather should not be dependent on an international Airport. Its one of the USP's for that area, that too this works only in India. Eventually living near an airport should no longer be a premium.

    i would imagine that in about 5 years when DEW becomes a force to reckon with in the NCR, income levels, lifestyle changes and urbanization would help create more demand for urban housing and infrastructure projects like DMIC, TOD projects in Dwarka, and large FDI projects in Gurgaon make the DEW micro-market strong enough internally that its able to sustain its own place in the RE map of Gurgaon and also support Lzone and other further developments in SPR and NH8.

    Another interesting fact is that we don't need all the good things to happen only in DEW for the RE market there to prosper, as long as it provides good quality of life at a relatively reasonable price and good transport facilities to others economic centers of south Delhi and Gurgaon, it should be able to sustain a healthy growth in the RE space.

    i am very much in favour of another airport coming in Jewar to share the growing burden of aviation hubs and to create more capacity so that pricing can be kept benign and spur demand. This is like fearing that New Delhi station will lose its business if Anand Vihar is developed. I think there is space for enough and more in our country.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Bala2107
    Rohit ji - Airport in Jewar or elsewhere would not mean that IGI would be closed down. Also any other airport is another 8 years down the line and IGI would also continue to grow in the meantime, making the neighborhood more relevant. DMIC is also touching DEW and gurgaon, so that's not going away because of Jewar.

    We need more infra in this country, but that doesn't really mean that one infra will make the others irrelevant. DEW RE is not or rather should not be dependent on an international Airport. Its one of the USP's for that area, that too this works only in India. Eventually living near an airport should no longer be a premium.

    i would imagine that in about 5 years when DEW becomes a force to reckon with in the NCR, income levels, lifestyle changes and urbanization would help create more demand for urban housing and infrastructure projects like DMIC, TOD projects in Dwarka, and large FDI projects in Gurgaon make the DEW micro-market strong enough internally that its able to sustain its own place in the RE map of Gurgaon and also support Lzone and other further developments in SPR and NH8.

    Another interesting fact is that we don't need all the good things to happen only in DEW for the RE market there to prosper, as long as it provides good quality of life at a relatively reasonable price and good transport facilities to others economic centers of south Delhi and Gurgaon, it should be able to sustain a healthy growth in the RE space.

    i am very much in favour of another airport coming in Jewar to share the growing burden of aviation hubs and to create more capacity so that pricing can be kept benign and spur demand. This is like fearing that New Delhi station will lose its business if Anand Vihar is developed. I think there is space for enough and more in our country.

    Dmic touching d eway?
    From where?

    Airport just one usp - okay
    How about another the proximity to diplomatic enclave - that too is in limbo
    Another usp - connectivity to nh8 - well we all know how that is and the ground reality of that road.
    What else?
    At present zero infrastructure - people stuck in no where for 6 plus years paying rent and emi.

    It's just media hype and nothing else
    CommentQuote
  • Rohit ji _ I cant believe that you really mean that. I never said DMIC is touching DEWAY in a literal sense. I used it as a metaphor. You are talking about actual alignment and I am talking about influence, projects that are spawned to cater to the DMIC. Pls. see their website and you will know what I am talking about. There are many ways in which Gurgaon, Dwarka, NH8, Deway will play a crucial role in the DMIC project. For eg. The Manesar Bawal industrial region is to be connected by an MRTS corridor which is passing right on the DEW, whether we like it or not! See picture attached from the DMIDC's official presentation. Also a convention centre and cargo complex is planned in Dwarka as a part of the Airport/Manesar Corrdior, this is a DMIC funded project.

    Proximity to Diplomatic enclave - We also read the same newspapers and I think I have read that a diplomatic enclave is coming there. Now if you do have a contrary opinion on that, its fine. I have nothing to say

    Connectivity to NH8, Zero infrastructure - yes you are right, at present what you say is absolutely true. In this country successive govts and courts have failed the common man and this is an outstanding example of that. The master plans are there, approval are there but still its not getting completed. But yes, right now the NH8 connectivity and social infra on the DEW is slightly better placed than Jewar getting an airport. so my reply should be taken in that context. Look at the status of Faridabad and the bypass etc they are supposed to make. Look at SPR and KMP bypasses, We know that how political vote bank games have destroyed this country. This has nothing to do with DEWAY in particular.

    Media hype - It may be your opinion and you are entitled to that. I would have agreed if I had not seen the real movements on ground and various official documents. BTW, there is a special documentary on NDTV profit this saturday at 9 am. pls. do watch it.
    Attachments:
    CommentQuote