Folks, just wanted to share that after a lot of delibration, have made up my mind to abandon Gurgaon & move to Greater Noida. The process has started and should happen soon. Had an opportunity to visit Greater Noida and it's a much much better place.

Gurgaon, I have realized is absurdly priced and it's not at all worth it considering the infra etc. It's not a planned city either. Fortunately, my job gives me the flexibility to work from home so work wise i would be fine.

Incidentally, I also came to know of a Big MNC which has moved half of it's staff to Noida last month to cut costs as Gurgaon was not sustainable.
Read more
80 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I stay in Gurgaon too, and know of 1-2 other people who are considering moving out of Gurgaon given the exorbitant prices of everything. Good luck with the move.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BitterTruth
    Folks, just wanted to share that after a lot of delibration, have made up my mind to abandon Gurgaon & move to Greater Noida. The process has started and should happen soon. Had an opportunity to visit Greater Noida and it's a much much better place.

Gurgaon, I have realized is absurdly priced and it's not at all worth it considering the infra etc. It's not a planned city either. Fortunately, my job gives me the flexibility to work from home so work wise i would be fine.

Incidentally, I also came to know of a Big MNC which has moved half of it's staff to Noida last month to cut costs as Gurgaon was not sustainable.

so what's your expectation from starting this thread?

You want co members to say ' bye-bye' or to organize a farewell for you??
    CommentQuote
  • Lol... There still isn't another place like Gurgaon in India.

Originally Posted by golu11
    so what's your expectation from starting this thread?

You want co members to say ' bye-bye' or to organize a farewell for you??
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BitterTruth

Well Done !!

Gurgaon has no value for Money.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "BitterTruth

Care to share the MNC"s name? I would say all the best but you will repent very soon about this decision of yours.
    CommentQuote
  • Fibcom move there office from gurgaon to noida.
    CommentQuote
  • Cookieji you have indicated your location as South City - I Gurgaon. Are you still in Gurgaon or have bid farewell and moved to Noida/G Noida area.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by teamplayer
    Cookieji you have indicated your location as South City - I Gurgaon. Are you still in Gurgaon or have bid farewell and moved to Noida/G Noida area.

I stay in Gurgaon and have bought in vatika Gurgaon and in Greater noida too.
    I stay in Gurgaon and have invested in Gurgaon, it doesn't mean Gurgaon is the best place. It could be best for me but not for everyone.
    its individual choice where to live and where not to.
    CommentQuote
  • Gurgaon has no value for money , at least in NCR region.

Just for an example, I love to eat "executive thali" in Halidram but on weekends, in Gurgaon Halidram store, this Thali is not available because they have to sell their special Thali only so they deliberately do this. It is the case of Sahara Mall.

Not only this, for the same "Executive Thali", we pay 30 Rs extra in Gurgaon while we pay 30 Rs less in Noida.

Guys are paying, eating and enjoying because they have no other option and can't go to Noida or elsewhere to eat but the fact is we are paying more in Gurgaon for the same thing.

Above was just a small example.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Gurgaon has no value for money , at least in NCR region.

Just for an example, I love to eat "executive thali" in Halidram but on weekends, in Gurgaon Halidram store, this Thali is not available because they have to sell their special Thali only so they deliberately do this. It is the case of Sahara Mall.

Not only this, for the same "Executive Thali", we pay 30 Rs extra in Gurgaon while we pay 30 Rs less in Noida.

Guys are paying, eating and enjoying because they have no other option and can't go to Noida or elsewhere to eat but the fact is we are paying more in Gurgaon for the same thing.

very correct, just for the name sake – people wants staying in poor infrastructure location and ends up paying their hard earned money to others (i.e., brokers, halidram :bab (59):, veg. street hawkers others) all basic things are relatively costly with no any reason…
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by cookie
    Gurgaon has no value for money , at least in NCR region.

There is no dispute that Gurgaon RE is more expensive than NOIDA, therefore it follows that Haldiram or any other retailer either pays more to buy that space or to rent that space and must make up that by charging more to the customers. I am sure if one was to move away from NOIDA too things may be even cheaper in Khurja or Hathras or move to Rohtak or Jhajhar, first rule in RE is location, location, location and so go the prices and all other things follow
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by miketest
    Care to share the MNC"s name? I would say all the best but you will repent very soon about this decision of yours.

Why would he repent? If his job is stable and he is getting the work from home option then what's the harm? Gurgaon scores because people have jobs in the region. In his case that's negated since he is working from home. Gurgaon prices are high because of job factor else GN can give better value for money. With time the facilities in GN would only get better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by "mpandey78

Why would he repent? If his job is stable and he is getting the work from home option then what's the harm? Gurgaon scores because people have jobs in the region. In his case that's negated since he is working from home. Gurgaon prices are high because of job factor else GN can give better value for money. With time the facilities in GN would only get better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

He will repent when he will have to travel 30 kms for a mug of proper drought beer. He will repent when he will have typical desi crowd around him in malls. He will repent when he will have to travel more to reach his friends and relatives in other parts of NCR cities. The list is endless.

I live in Faridabad and many of these factors are applicable to me too but location wise i am still closer to GGN and South delhi but Greater Noida? Forget it man.
    CommentQuote
  • Move out of Gurgaon... No way

It's Tier 2 companies who move out of here
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by who me
    There is no dispute that Gurgaon RE is more expensive than NOIDA, therefore it follows that Haldiram or any other retailer either pays more to buy that space or to rent that space and must make up that by charging more to the customers. I am sure if one was to move away from NOIDA too things may be even cheaper in Khurja or Hathras or move to Rohtak or Jhajhar, first rule in RE is location, location, location and so go the prices and all other things follow

"MRP" bhi koi cheez hoti hai Sarkar. :)

Mother dairy milk should also be sold at higher rate in Gurgaon and at lower rate in Palam Village. hai na?
    CommentQuote