can i add my mother's name during registration ,as i have booked the flat in my name?Any one please answer.?????
Read more
4 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • It depends on your builder's policies, most of them donot allow adding names while registry and charge some amount to first transfer and then register. While few small builders allow the same.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lasidash
    can i add my mother's name during registration ,as i have booked the flat in my name?Any one please answer.?????

I think you can - initially one completes the application form of the builder which is an internal document between the builder and buyer. The registration of sale deed is what is official ownership of title and at this stage you should be able to add a name.

If you have taken loan in your name then you name probably needs to be the 1st owner and you may need to keep you lending bank informed
    CommentQuote
  • Even if you can - please DO NOT DO THAT. All your siblings can stake a claim on this property. Please consult someone. Offcourse, i do not know your personal situation and thought this is something you should know.
    CommentQuote
  • I and my wife are co-borrowers of the home loan. We are about to get possession. At the time of registry if I wish to add my mother's name also as a co-owner of the property, can I do that? Although, she would not be added in the home loan. Is that possible?
    CommentQuote