Have started to see a lot of distress sales being listed on 99 acres.com. Sample below

Central Park 2 - 1200 sqf for 8200 psf
Universal Aura - 1100 sqf for 3900 psf
M3M Woodshire for 4500 psf
Vatika inxt 400 sq yard floor for 82L

Are these really distress sales ? Also, please share any distress sales you come across on this thread.

Moderator's Note -

No Buying/Selling Solicitations
IREF is a NOT meant for buying or selling real estate. Advertisements, solicitations for real estate services or business are strictly prohibited in threads/posts or Private Message Boards.

Links/Solicitation
Advertising goods or services related or unrelated to Real Estate, posting of affiliate or referral links, or any other form of solicitation is NOT permitted (this includes member profiles or any other publicly viewable area). Links on first post (or first couple if you're being slick) to your own site: If it's a competing website, not okay. If it's a blog entry you're referring to, that's alright. Bottom line - Don't come here to pimp your site – come here to be a member. Links to your own site, in general: Sorry. Not Allowed.
Read more
1859 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Thats true. Im currently a prospective buyer and Im happy to see this correction, even though its not much.
    Anyways Im looking for enduse, and I feel a few Rs 100-200 here or there dont matter that much in the long run, but what matters is that I get a unit of my choice.

Originally Posted by kinjalchato

But I believe there are lot of genuine buyers who will benefit from the correction , so hopefully no brickbats, now if one is pretending to buy then they will be distressed again :)
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    people who are true buyers are generally not distressed or depressed , and people who pretend to buy are generally so distressed that they depress others by talking constantly of distress in the market and usually do not buy . This is my pov and one may disagree.

Another one of your substance-less post, deriding others' point of view. How do u come up with such posts out of the blue? Just to keep the thread alive?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    today I came to know that I did not know my math , sometime earlier one was obsessed that I was a builder employee, someone said I was a google employee . so no worriess , will tell the truth as I see it .

But I believe there are lot of genuine buyers who will benefit from the correction , so hopefully no brickbats, now if one is pretending to buy then they will be distressed again :)

was that builder IREO?? if yes, how come i never saw you at office.. !! ;)

good day kinjaljee!!! greetings!!!
    As you know, I have been on a sabbatical and was pleasantly surprised to see the rates when i came back.. ?? Since how long has this southern trend been going on ???
    I really dont know the ground realities of gurgaon as of now.. but yeah i inquired about the Delhi RE scene from a few people.. "BADDD!!" is what they say....
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by neutral
    Another one of your substance-less post, deriding others' point of view. How do u come up with such posts out of the blue? Just to keep the thread alive?

good one :), which part you think derided others . and what made you not quote the other one also ' But I believe there are lot of genuine buyers who will benefit from the correction , so hopefully no brickbats, now if one is pretending to buy then they will be distressed again "
    CommentQuote
  • Anger bhai - kitne dino ke liye aaye ho vapass.

Great to see you back...

Else the forum was very dull with half baked economic theories :(
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by St_Anger
    was that builder IREO?? if yes, how come i never saw you at office.. !! ;)

good day kinjaljee!!! greetings!!!
    As you know, I have been on a sabbatical and was pleasantly surprised to see the rates when i came back.. ?? Since how long has this southern trend been going on ???
    I really dont know the ground realities of gurgaon as of now.. but yeah i inquired about the Delhi RE scene from a few people.. "BADDD!!" is what they say....

welcome back sir market has very few buyers that is the harsh reality .even the few ones are highly selective . and there are people in between who would like to exploit the situation.
    CommentQuote
  • Mr. Nag - aapki kyo sulag rahi hain??

Cant one friend greet another one ....

Boss bubble bust unki hoti hain , people who are short term punters, not long term big pocket investors.

Kindly mind ur own business.
    CommentQuote
  • Is this a distress sales thread or a Mutual Admiration Society for exchanging pleasantries.Or is a ploy to keep the attention away by indulging in non-sense girlish talk.
    CommentQuote
  • Warning

Off Topic
    Please make every effort to keep your posts relevant to the active thread topic. Detours usually take a thread wildly off topic, and invite others to do the same. Off topic posts (and any responses to such posts) may be deleted without notice.

Personal Feuds - Zero Tolerance Policy
    A personal feud can be defined as an ongoing, largely personal rather than issue-driven, reciprocal hostility between two members, or among three or more members in groups, whatever you wish to identify, wherein the primary focus is a flame war intended to undermine forum member reputations, and not to advance arguments on policy, philosophy, politics or other primary interests of our forum.

Quote:
    Our Admins and moderators are not here to cast blame or choose sides. We can't be expected to research the pros and cons of your personal arguments with one another. We prefer that forum reputation be based on your commentary and dialogue on the issues of importance to all of us.
    CommentQuote
  • Super lol amit ji
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by MountainDew
    73 pages / 730 posts in less than a month ... this has to be one of the fastest milestones for IREF, if not a record

Has anyone been able to close on a distress deal based on this thread?? or shall we say that its still early days?

My friend has closed Spaze 84- 2070 feet 3825psft. I had sold my unit 7 months back 4250 but then only 30% payment was gone and now construction is full pace and so is installment request! So 10% fall is significant.

Seeing this deal has generated excitement in 3-4 of my office colleagues and they are now actively looking for similar early 2012 rates deal.
    CommentQuote
  • Golu bhai - did u exit all ur investments except Spaze like Unitech etc?

Does it not make sense to wait for 6-9 more months and then look for more attractive deals?
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by amit001
    Golu bhai - did u exit all ur investments except Spaze like Unitech etc?

Does it not make sense to wait for 6-9 more months and then look for more attractive deals?

Hi Amit, Unitech etc is still there but my collegues are getting some really good deals . They are looking for end use and they are getting many options in there budget with less cash outflow which they were not getting earlier. They don't want to take chances with rates so are looking to close early .

I don't have money else there are many deals which were quite tempting.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by golu11
    Hi Amit, Unitech etc is still there but my collegues are getting some really good deals . They are looking for end use and they are getting many options in there budget with less cash outflow which they were not getting earlier. They don't want to take chances with rates so are looking to close early .

I don't have money else there are many deals which were quite tempting.

Means market is really dooooooobing????????
    Rates has gone down.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by golu11
    My friend has closed Spaze 84- 2070 feet 3825psft. I had sold my unit 7 months back 4250 but then only 30% payment was gone and now construction is full pace and so is installment request! So 10% fall is significant.

Seeing this deal has generated excitement in 3-4 of my office colleagues and they are now actively looking for similar early 2012 rates deal.

What is the status of construction of Spaze-84 and when is the realistic timeline for possession if one is looking for end use?
    CommentQuote