Gurgaon story in second half of 2013 is complete contrast of same time last year. Apart from daily bytes of doom and gloom, there is definetely a sign of fatigue in the story that has so far Kepts it's investors dance to it it's tune for last so many years.

What started as a cheap alternative to Delhi's expenssive/substandard commercial real estate or let's say the lack of it , today has carved out its niche as a corporate hub of NCR .

This city has already reached its peak employment level for its existing and floating populace. If it has to grow to the next level and to give employment to all the new families that would shift in next 10 years, then certainly the existing employment generation capacity cannot justify the expected growth in population.

With expected supply of 3-4 lakh appartments coming in next 10 years , where are the jobs going to come from?

I would like to invite knowledgable members to share their views on following to understand the potential of the city in the coming decade.

1. What kind of opportunities that would get created or will migrate to gurgaon on the basis of existing and proposed ecosystem of the city?

2. Will depreciated rupee bring in more ITES opportunities to the city and where does it stand vis a vis other cities in India .

3. Now the most important question. Is cyber city enough to take care of existing and future demand?

4. If the answer above is no then where do you think the next cluster of ITES/BFSI or traditional Mnc would come up?

5. Seeing the cost structure of gurgaon manufacturing would keep on shifting out of gurgaon region and would go closure to DMIC. What kind of companies would find it lucrative to set their base in gurgaon going forward.

6. Lastly wrt to forthcoming supply of residential units in gurgaon where do you think gurgaon would be 10 years hence in terms of providing gainful employment to its residents.

Though this topic and the questions are nothing short of cliche yet I choose to raise them again to get the views in extremely pessimist ice environment that we are witnessing today.

Would definetely visit this thread on same day 10 years hence to see the reality.

Thanks

RA
Read more
Reply
65 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • Originally Posted by rahgup
    All these points above do not exist now and Cybercity was still a success before it. All these are being developed by DLF because tenants started moving out due to the bad connectivity (being stuck in traffic for 30 mins within cybercity itself). The only thing that matters to customers (corporate clients) is good connectivity with power backup and related infrastructure (fast Internet, etc.). If the new sectors 74, 88 etc. offer the basics at reasonable price (say 50% of cybercity) you will see many corporates move there.


    And that is called vision . creating infrastructure which ensures business cointinuity , is not limited to connectivity alone and fast internet ( if one is willing to pay ) , can be laid pretty quickly . Security , social infrastructure like schools/ hospitals , continued / assured power at less cost / world class mass transport are the ones which make huge difference and take huge amount of time, not just one expressway :).

    sohna road offers the same price difference and so do Noida. But has the pace slackened at all for DLF cybercity . sohna road is capturing the incremental business or business from other parts ( like unitech cyberpark ) .

    They are creating new and increasingly difficult benchmarks to emulate. How much time will it take out to roll a metro , it is not even in the DPR stage .

    Metro is atleast 10 years away , world class hospitals , social infra do not get developed overnight. New Gurgaon has its best advantage as it lies in the DMIC corridor and it will attract manufacturing. But it can not emulate DLF Cybercity in the next decade .
    CommentQuote
  • cybercity is one of a kind development and it would be difficult even for DLF to repeat this..specifically considering that it is almost totally based on leasing model..so leveraging that kind of capital again would be tough..

    Lease model is the prime reason why DLF is working all out to ensure every bit of facility for the tenants and would continue to do so in foreseeable future.

    next big destination could be the commercial belt running across on the GCX road as well as IREO commercials...these would have readymade metro connectivity and 16 lane connectivity upto the GC terminal point thanks to DLF.. GCX would also have huge RTM supplies in next 2-3 years...also players like Walmart have already bought land in this area...

    other areas would come up gradually and would take anywhere between 6-10 years..
    CommentQuote
  • GCX Commerical is expensive as compare to new gurgaon ...in today's era all company are running into cost saving mode , they will prefer Good infrastructure and less cost ... Bharti Airtel is live example of same..They have moved their operation center from different area to Manesar... All big hotels and good commercial are coming on NH-8 Area ...My POV , New Gurgaon will be better and cheap as compare to GCX... While designing New Gurgaon they have put right mindset and clear all the issues which currently Gurgaon is facing...
    No doubt KD Toll Plaza and Hero_Honda Chowk are the major raodblock for NH-8 Growth...
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    It would be pertinent to analyze what does it take to create something like DLF Cybercity to give it sustainable competitive advantage and in what time frame. some of the things which have been created are :

    1 100 MW Captive Power Plant with co-generation technology offering 40% energy saving.

    2 Safety Initiatives with DuPont as a safety Partner .

    3 Dedicated Fire Station set up by DLF at Cybercity with 90 Mtrs Hydraulic Platform - First in India Operational .

    4 Tier Security, CCTVs & 1500 Single Frequency Walkie-Talkies for Cybercity .

    5 BMS of Siemens installed in all DLF Buildings Operational .

    6 16 lane Signal Free Road Network in association with HUDA – First Private Developer in India Work Commenced .

    7 Peripheral Security by CISF for entire Cybercity Work in Progress .

    8 Rapid Metro with 05 metro stations across Cybercity Q1, 2013 , to be followed by Phase 2 covering 8 more stations.

    9 Retail Hub designed by International architect Mr Paul Friedberg Cyber Hub" spreed over 2 lac sq ft.,will offer a one stop destination for the best and iconic restaurants with specialty cuisines, an amphitheatre for live enterrainment and a lot more.

    10 Skywalks connecting buildings on both sides of the road as well as rapid metro stations Q1, 2015 .

    11 Landscaping, open and green areas and aesthetic beautification of Cybercity .

    12. District Cooling System that circulates equally to all the building in the district, through central underground vents.

    13. The new and expanisve surface parking areas can easily accommodate 4000 cars.


    Now these are cybercity specific developments which were visualized and executed by DLF and requires tremendous amount of investment, political clout and a long term vision.This has happened over last 10 years and is still will take another 5 years to execute it fully.

    That is the reason that despite the price disadvantage it has remained the CBD of Gurgaon and with competitive advantages which are unlikely to erode over next 10 years atleast, it will continue to remain so .

    That is borne out by data also with continued uptake in office absorption ( Rupee fall boosts office deals - The Smart Investor )

    so it would be wishfull thinking for any new Business district to anywhere replicate this over the next 15 years from today , as no major infra has been even planned except possibily land bank and paper projects .With the removal of toll plaza , all the advantage of nearness to airport simply evaporates .

    secondly complimenting this is the fact that all major social infra wether school, hospitals, entertainment hubs ( KOD , MG road etc. ), shopping hubs have been developed on the cybercity side of the NH8 and there is a solid reason for this , with miniscule development on the other side.

    Finally the impact of the current recession / slowdown , is an uncertainity one has to contend with . It will set back the development plans of very financially sound builders by atleast 2 to 3 years + and even more for the weaker builders.

    so my take is that the IT/ Corporate/ Financial developments will be clustered around the DLF Cybercity and its nearby clusters . They will leverage a very well developed business and social infrastructure which is impossible to replicate over the next decade atleast .

    The manufacturing cluster requires a different paradigm and the most suitable areas would be the DMIC corridor , which again is unlikely to happen anytime less than 10 years


    Hi
    Greetings

    All things start on paper and need a lot of capital/effort/time for execution. Licenses have been obtained after spending on Land banks, Marketing and development has already started, construction and absorption will take another 5-7 years, few 5 stars already in place around 88/74/NH8/Dway commercial stretch.

    FASTER: If it took 10 years for DLF cybercity, maybe 5-7 years for 88-74-NH8 area. Success of Cybercity only boosts confidence about DLF as an achiever.

    BIGGER: 40 acres JV DLF/Orris in 88, conjointly with their commercials all along NH8, 74 and opposite Huge Public Utilities in 36. Along with Huge expanse owned by Bestech in 88, who by no means is a mean achiever. Vatika has already got retail commercials in place near its 8x residentials.

    In any case, commercial/corporate/retail/business Hub Success Precedes the residential success.Habitation to about 3000+ offered for possession by dlf/tulip and 10000 residential units projected by vatika, RP, Vipul, Sare, Bestech, Antriskh etc by 2014

    BETTER and ALL ENCOMPASSING: For manufacturers and ITES/BPO,
    -It offers a strategical advantage even better than DLF Cyber City due to low cost,
    -Better planned proposed infra,
    -No sector road below 45Mtr + 12X2 Mtr service roads
    -Latest UTILITIES back Bone in terms of Piped gas, Fiber Optic Data/Voice communications, Water, Sewerage, Storm Water provisioning etc
    -Connectivity to SPR/NPR/DMIC/KMP/N8/State Highways/Multi-Utility Corridor/CPR once fully developed
    -In close proximity to proposed WIDEST 150mtrs Dway.
    -Demand from Non- ITES/BPO migration generators. More than a 1000 Auto Manufacturers/Ancillaries spread over 2 IMTs of Gurgaon, IMT Manesar, Industrial area Dharuhera, IMT Rewari, Roj Ka Meo all within 0-20 kms of these New Gurgaon Sectors.
    -At least 5 international schools under construction
    -Social infra with hospitals 50 Acres ISBT, MRTS terminus, RRTS Land being surveyed and acquisition of land making headways.
    -Strong promoters including DLF/Vatika/Bestech/Orris/RPS, each with minimum land Bank size of 500 acres and track record of delivered proejcts (except Orris but it alone holds 2000 acres)

    Existence of "HUGE" Mfg Hub in proximity provides larger width and depth to the potential users for these "Neighbourhood" commercial spaces.

    Only hiccup is TOLL at Kherki Dhaula, which will have to go one fine day. Case already in Honble High Court for a couple of years.

    Few Projections

    CIEL SQUARE:
    Be ready to get a Grand office Space in Sector-83, Gurgaon. Location is close to Grand Hyatt/ Vatika City Centre & Right on NH8.

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/city-forums/ncr-real-estate/gurgaon-real-estate/28349-new-gurgaon-update-sectors-8x-9x-3x-gurgaon/page187?t=30341&page=187

    Raheja Business & Corporate Floors Sector84, Gurgaon

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/1235-advice-on-investment?p=1760#post1235

    Ansals HUB 83

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/1218-repatriation-of-funds-back-most-neglected-aspect?p=1734#post1218

    JW MARRIOT NH8


    Orris Floreal Towers, Sector 83



    Vatika INEXT CITY CENTER, Sector 83:
    Located on NH8 in Sector 83, INXT City Centre adjoins the intersection of NH8 with the upcoming 150m wide Dwarka Expressway, in close proximity to the proposed ISBT and the new Metro hub** (As per Gurgaon Manesar Urban Complex, 2025 Master Plan)

    Watch Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1f5CttwrW-w
    Vatika Inext Town Square, sector-82.

    Hyatt Regency, sector-83


    http://www.gurgaon.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
    http://www.hyatt.com/hyatt/images/hotels/delrg/factsheet.pdf

    Bestech City gate- sector-81


    BESTECH COMMERCIAL , 88 in 20 Acres Appx

    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/legal-vastu-home-loans/home-loans-in-india/700-your-dream-house-with-free-insurance?p=1053#post700

    Vatika Inext Market Place- Sector-84
    Vatika Inext Urban Centre- Sector82A

    and MANY MANY MORE PROJECTS already licensed and being Marketed and Constructed at various stages of construction/approvals.


    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

    All things start on paper and need a lot of capital/effort/time for execution. Licenses have been obtained after spending on Land banks, Marketing and development has already started, construction and absorption will take another 5-7 years, few 5 stars already in place around 88/74/NH8/Dway commercial stretch.

    FASTER: If it took 10 years for DLF cybercity, maybe 5-7 years for 88-74-NH8 area. Success of Cybercity only boosts confidence about DLF as an achiever.

    BIGGER: 40 acres JV DLF/Orris in 88, conjointly with their commercials all along NH8, 74 and opposite Huge Public Utilities in 36. Along with Huge expanse owned by Bestech in 88, who by no means is a mean achiever. Vatika has already got retail commercials in place near its 8x residentials.

    In any case, commercial/corporate/retail/business Hub Success Precedes the residential success.Habitation to about 3000+ offered for possession by dlf/tulip and 10000 residential units projected by vatika, RP, Vipul, Sare, Bestech, Antriskh etc by 2014

    BETTER and ALL ENCOMPASSING: For manufacturers and ITES/BPO,
    -It offers a strategical advantage even better than DLF Cyber City due to low cost,
    -Better planned proposed infra,
    -No sector road below 45Mtr + 12X2 Mtr service roads
    -Latest UTILITIES back Bone in terms of Piped gas, Fiber Optic Data/Voice communications, Water, Sewerage, Storm Water provisioning etc
    -Connectivity to SPR/NPR/DMIC/KMP/N8/State Highways/Multi-Utility Corridor/CPR once fully developed
    -In close proximity to proposed WIDEST 150mtrs Dway.
    -Demand from Non- ITES/BPO migration generators. More than a 1000 Auto Manufacturers/Ancillaries spread over 2 IMTs of Gurgaon, IMT Manesar, Industrial area Dharuhera, IMT Rewari, Roj Ka Meo all within 0-20 kms of these New Gurgaon Sectors.
    -At least 5 international schools under construction
    -Social infra with hospitals 50 Acres ISBT, MRTS terminus, RRTS Land being surveyed and acquisition of land making headways.
    -Strong promoters including DLF/Vatika/Bestech/Orris/RPS, each with minimum land Bank size of 500 acres and track record of delivered proejcts (except Orris but it alone holds 2000 acres)

    Existence of "HUGE" Mfg Hub in proximity provides larger width and depth to the potential users for these "Neighbourhood" commercial spaces.

    Only hiccup is TOLL at Kherki Dhaula, which will have to go one fine day. Case already in Honble High Court for a couple of years.

    Few Projections

    Cheers


    excellent post as always :).

    Few points :

    1. Better infra wether roads, sewage, water all are common to the new sectors courtesy the masterplanned approach . That is not unique to New Gurgaon alone .

    2. excellent state of the art commercial projects are being developed in all the sectors , but all of them are not integrated developments ( business ) like dlf cybercity . again not unique to New Gurgaon.

    3. 5 star hotels are being developed in the existing Gurgaon ( sector 1 to 57 ) as well as the new sectors and also around sohna road. again nothing unique about new Gurgaon per se.

    4. New Gurgaon has no option but to create these as it is difficult for it to leverage the existing one unlike say GCx or SPR . Hence unlike in the poast it will take even more time to reach that level of maturity .

    5. New Gurgaon is the furthest away from the airport , atleast for another 5 years atleast .

    It is a myth that the major Multinationals only look at the cost , they look at the cost benefit equation. That is why Greater Noida may have the best roads and best planning but it lost out to Noida ( expressway parts ).

    6. Metro is still a far cry for new Gurgaon and infact to every other new sectors except GCR and some part of GCx .

    Development which leverages existing developed social infrastructure is always preferable.

    Having said all these one should also agree that the best thing going for it are :

    DMIC & DLF having large ownership of land .

    DMIC will ensure that manufacturing hubs emanate here. But atleast for another decade, the undisputed Central Business district will be DLF Cybercity and DLF with a huge amount of forsight ( wether by choice or by compulsion ) DLF has ensured that the competitive advantages remain undisputed . I have my doubts wether for another decade it can become a corporate HUB . unless India sees a huge boom over the next 4 years and Gurgaon is a huge beneficiary of it and all the existing places are chock a block occupied.



    This is my pov .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    excellent post as always :).

    Few points :

    1. Better infra wether roads, sewage, water all are common to the new sectors courtesy the masterplanned approach . That is not unique to New Gurgaon alone .

    2. excellent state of the art commercial projects are being developed in all the sectors , but all of them are not integrated developments ( business ) like dlf cybercity . again not unique to New Gurgaon.

    3. 5 star hotels are being developed in the existing Gurgaon ( sector 1 to 57 ) as well as the new sectors and also around sohna road. again nothing unique about new Gurgaon per se.

    4. New Gurgaon has no option but to create these as it is difficult for it to leverage the existing one unlike say GCx or SPR . Hence unlike in the poast it will take even more time to reach that level of maturity .

    5. New Gurgaon is the furthest away from the airport , atleast for another 5 years atleast .

    It is a myth that the major Multinationals only look at the cost , they look at the cost benefit equation. That is why Greater Noida may have the best roads and best planning but it lost out to Noida ( expressway parts ).

    6. Metro is still a far cry for new Gurgaon and infact to every other new sectors except GCR and some part of GCx .

    Development which leverages existing developed social infrastructure is always preferable.

    Having said all these one should also agree that the best thing going for it are :

    DMIC & DLF having large ownership of land .

    DMIC will ensure that manufacturing hubs emanate here. But atleast for another decade, the undisputed Central Business district will be DLF Cybercity and DLF with a huge amount of forsight ( wether by choice or by compulsion ) DLF has ensured that the competitive advantages remain undisputed . I have my doubts wether for another decade it can become a corporate HUB . unless India sees a huge boom over the next 4 years and Gurgaon is a huge beneficiary of it and all the existing places are chock a block occupied.



    This is my pov .


    Hi
    Greetings

    Kinjal Ji, "Tel Dekho Tel Ki Dhar Dekho";);)

    There is a difference between "5 Stars being developed" and "Already operational" and "Under Construction" properties.

    Currently, AIRPORT access roads are more a bottleneck than a daily use amenity for access to various parts of Delhi/North. Hardly a fraction of the total Gurgaon Population would be using the airport on a monthly basis..a 10 min extra drive for a 30-50% cost of office would make a lot of sense to them. Besides we are talking of volumes as big as 100000+ residential units and not a small percentage of people who want to fly daily..

    The Speed of development in New Gurgaon 3x/8x/9x sectors is unmatched as compared to any and every other micro market of Developed or Developing Gurgaon. You are well versed with "HUDA BOOK of MAJOR Hiccups and Hangups!!";);)

    Manufacturing sector has no presence in DLF CBD while No manufacturing company can ignore the closeness to the top Per capita Earning Markets of NCR. DMIC is all out to provide this once in a Lifetime opportunity to these manufacturing companies to cut cost due to transportation and time taken. Besides most will enjoy the already developed base of best engineering talents in the ancilliaries for various automotive giants.

    Infra which I am talking about is not only restricted to wide roads/water/sewerage/utilities but through DMIC, DWAY, KMP, SPR, NH8 connectivity giving unmatched access to goods, commodities and services all across NCR and beyond.

    Metro was not expected for Faridabad in 2010 and will be a reality by 2014 end. RRTS connecting New Gurgaon to DMIC, has already been surveyed and plans submitted for financial vetting and approvals.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/1242-about-house-selling?p=116982#post116982





    In 10 years, the area may surpass others by decades.

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by BlessU
    Hi
    Greetings

    Kinjal Ji, "Tel Dekho Tel Ki Dhar Dekho"

    There is a difference between "5 Stars being developed" and "Already operational" and "Under Construction" properties.

    Currently, AIRPORT access roads are more a bottleneck than a daily use amenity for access to various parts of Delhi/North. Hardly a fraction of the total Gurgaon Population would be using the airport on a monthly basis..a 10 min extra drive for a 30-50% cost of office would make a lot of sense to them. Besides we are talking of volumes as big as 100000+ residential units and not a small percentage of people who want to fly daily..

    The Speed of development in New Gurgaon 3x/8x/9x sectors is unmatched as compared to any and every other micro market of Developed or Developing Gurgaon. You are well versed with "HUDA BOOK of MAJOR Hiccups and Hangups!!"

    Manufacturing sector has no presence in DLF CBD while No manufacturing company can ignore the closeness to the top Per capita Earning Markets of NCR. DMIC is all out to provide this once in a Lifetime opportunity to these manufacturing companies to cut cost due to transportation and time taken. Besides most will enjoy the already developed base of best engineering talents in the ancilliaries for various automotive giants.

    Infra which I am talking about is not only restricted to wide roads/water/sewerage/utilities but through DMIC, DWAY, KMP, SPR, NH8 connectivity giving unmatched access to goods, commodities and services all across NCR and beyond.

    Metro was not expected for Faridabad in 2010 and will be a reality by 2014 end. RRTS connecting New Gurgaon to DMIC, has already been surveyed and plans submitted for financial vetting and approvals.
    https://www.indianrealestateforum.com/forum/other-forums/general-real-estate-discussion/1242-about-house-selling?p=116982#post116982





    In 10 years, the area may surpass others by decades.

    Cheers

    bl;essu ji

    aapse behas karna matlab aa bail mujhe maar. IREF mein jis din aaya hai us din se maar hi paad rahi hai , aapki to bahut decent aur deserving maar rahti hai.

    as per you " There is a difference between "5 Stars being developed" and "Already operational" and "Under Construction" properties.". I agree and similarly there is a difference between metro on paper, metro under planning, metro under construction and metro about to be operational. similarly also for other social infra schools and hospitals .

    ek taraf aap ROB and bridges ki time ki baat karte ho aur doosri taraf metro in 4 years ki baat karte ho . DPR 5 saal se nahin bana kahan se 4 saal mein ban kar khada hoga .


    Please see why all the new office lease is happening in Gurgaon and Noida ( almost 80% + now ), industry is moving towards Gurgaon, so having 3 or 4 connectivity to delhi will help in what way . what is needed is connectivity to CBD , which wether one likes or not is GCR / Cybercity and that is what everyone terms it as.

    DMIC is a game changer no doubt and RRTS is part of that , one will wait and see how this RRTS evolves and when it sees the light of the day . and all your options have cybercity as common and cybercity will be linked to GCR/ GCx much before by rapid metro.

    By which measure has new Gurgaon better developed compared to GCx , I have discussed this in a poll forum, but did not get any answer . There is not one measure of development that it is seeing by far the better development, maybe I am wrong , do educate me . Be it sector road/ sewage/ storm water drain/ water pipeline/ connectivities to CBD / south delhi / airport . development of Ready for fitouts commercial .

    In Noida also you have ganga expressway, Yamuna expressway , but it had no impact on status of Noida at the expense of its suburubs .

    Manufacturing cannot touch cybercity for a reason , because manufacturing happened across the road in cybercity and now we know which part is better developed, the one with corporate or the one with manufacturing.

    I am also saying that DMIC will be a big boost for new Gurgaon , but not for another decade.

    Overall there is a place for every part of Gurgaon , but there is a pecking order . a CBD remains a CBD and despite almost 5 years of continuous development, sohna road could not take much from Cybercity .
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by kinjalchato
    bl;essu ji

    aapse behas karna matlab aa bail mujhe maar. IREF mein jis din aaya hai us din se maar hi paad rahi hai , aapki to bahut decent aur deserving maar rahti hai.

    as per you " There is a difference between "5 Stars being developed" and "Already operational" and "Under Construction" properties.". I agree and similarly there is a difference between metro on paper, metro under planning, metro under construction and metro about to be operational. similarly also for other social infra schools and hospitals .

    ek taraf aap ROB and bridges ki time ki baat karte ho aur doosri taraf metro in 4 years ki baat karte ho . DPR 5 saal se nahin bana kahan se 4 saal mein ban kar khada hoga .


    Please see why all the new office lease is happening in Gurgaon and Noida ( almost 80% + now ), industry is moving towards Gurgaon, so having 3 or 4 connectivity to delhi will help in what way . what is needed is connectivity to CBD , which wether one likes or not is GCR / Cybercity and that is what everyone terms it as.

    DMIC is a game changer no doubt and RRTS is part of that , one will wait and see how this RRTS evolves and when it sees the light of the day . and all your options have cybercity as common and cybercity will be linked to GCR/ GCx much before by rapid metro.

    By which measure has new Gurgaon better developed compared to GCx , I have discussed this in a poll forum, but did not get any answer . There is not one measure of development that it is seeing by far the better development, maybe I am wrong , do educate me . Be it sector road/ sewage/ storm water drain/ water pipeline/ connectivities to CBD / south delhi / airport . development of Ready for fitouts commercial .

    In Noida also you have ganga expressway, Yamuna expressway , but it had no impact on status of Noida at the expense of its suburubs .

    Manufacturing cannot touch cybercity for a reason , because manufacturing happened across the road in cybercity and now we know which part is better developed, the one with corporate or the one with manufacturing.

    I am also saying that DMIC will be a big boost for new Gurgaon , but not for another decade.

    Overall there is a place for every part of Gurgaon , but there is a pecking order . a CBD remains a CBD and despite almost 5 years of continuous development, sohna road could not take much from Cybercity .


    Hi
    Greetings

    :D:D

    Ok if Agreed, GCX is the best as it is connected to CBD somehow... which projects then and what rates for retail underconstruction projects.

    the measure being if close to CBD, will be good.. any new area being marketed for last 1-2 years and located away from CBD cannot give good return..

    Simple request, global tour pe mat le jana!!

    Any idea of unsold commercial inventory on GC Road which is much closed to CBD than GCX?Unsold/Unoccupied inventory for delivered/constructed projects elsewhere on Sohna road, GCX, GC, MG road etc.? Main Reasons please.

    Cheers
    CommentQuote
  • Cybercity is prime cauz DLF didn't sold individual units but owned it and leased it. That's the unique point of DLF cyber city which no other area has been able to match till date.

    GC Road - Even the prime buildings have area of size ranging from 1000sf feet...MNC companies don't want a small travel agency as it neighbours!! so quite low occupancy.
    Same is the case with Sohna road...GCX ..digital greens etc have also been sold at small sizes. So I see them facing the same fate.

    Now it depends what model DLF adopts in Sec 8X..
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by golu11
    Cybercity is prime cauz DLF didn't sold individual units but owned it and leased it. That's the unique point of DLF cyber city which no other area has been able to match till date.

    GC Road - Even the prime buildings have area of size ranging from 1000sf feet...MNC companies don't want a small travel agency as it neighbours!! so quite low occupancy.
    Same is the case with Sohna road...GCX ..digital greens etc have also been sold at small sizes. So I see them facing the same fate.

    Now it depends what model DLF adopts in Sec 8X..

    DLF is not a chindi builder.. it is 100% thaat DLF will only lease..

    Has anyone ever seen DLF selling per sqf commercial spaces of the order of 500-1000 sqf? Never.. only small time builders do it and their commercial spaces will never take off as it is not just about construction but also about the eco-system which only bigger players such as DLF, Unitech, Vatika are able to provide and maintain..
    CommentQuote
  • The only thing is favor of cyber city is that it has become a brand in itself. why it became so could be discussed for ever but fact is that its a brand with a very high snob value. And no, there are no rationals behind it, in fact one the basis of rationals, Cyber city sucks big time.
    There is no space for people to walk around and it takes bloody 30 mins to come out of parking at 6PM. I work there hence i know. All roads around full of potholes and dugged up.

    But then its is now a snob brand, thats it. Bumbai's infra sucks and pune offers better QoL but mumbai is mumbai for its snob value.same is the case of cyber city
    CommentQuote
  • How about Udyog Vihar, not the big names opening fancy B/KPOs but a large chunk of employment comes from there as well. That doesn't follow to-let model by a large corporation.
    Do you think a large number of growing start ups would move to New GGN sectors as they need more space and better infra.
    CommentQuote
  • DLF is selling their office spaces starting from 1000 sq ft in Corporate Greens , Those days of DLF are clearly over where it can sustain any more buy to lease buildings , Even the Retail area has been sold by DLF in 74A
    CommentQuote
  • Bhallaji,

    When is the below mentioned commercial opening ?

    Originally Posted by amit.bhalla
    DLF is selling their office spaces starting from 1000 sq ft in Corporate Greens , Those days of DLF are clearly over where it can sustain any more buy to lease buildings , Even the Retail area has been sold by DLF in 74A
    CommentQuote
  • CommentQuote