The buyers of various projects of Ramprastha City at Sector 37D have come together to create a registered association called the Ramprastha City Welfare Association. The initial group of people spearheading this effort have got the society registered in Gurgaon Haryana and have opened a bank account.

This is a call to all buyers in various projects in RP City in 37D like Edge Tower, Atrium, View, Skyz, Rise, Primera and other future projects also to please join up. It is important for everyone to cometogether and take concerted action to protect our interests and also to be proactive in solving other problems related to government provision of civic amenities in the region. This association will remain active from now onwards for various welfare activities to improve this location in addition to interacting with the builder regarding various buyers issues.

This membership drive is backed by an easy online registration process. Only those with booking or BBA if this has been issues can join and the documents scan have to provided. The annual membership fee is 1000 Rs which can be paid by easy online fund transfer to the bank account of the society.

I am making this post in Gurgaon thread because the project is located here and maximum readership will come from Gurgaon. I am sure people will find it mutually beneficial to join this association for solving various problems.

The PDF attachment gives details regarding joining
Read more
70 Replies
Sort by :Filter by :
  • I have joined the association few weeks back. Requesting all the buyers of Ramprastha City to pl. come forward and do join.
    CommentQuote
  • I too have joined - waiting for other RP City folks to step up and help reap the benefits of being united for a common cause.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by Venkytalks
    The buyers of various projects of Ramprastha City at Sector 37D have come together to create a registered association called the Ramprastha City Welfare Association. The initial group of people spearheading this effort have got the society registered in Gurgaon Haryana and have opened a bank account.

This is a call to all buyers in various projects in RP City in 37D like Edge Tower, Atrium, View, Skyz, Rise, Primera and other future projects also to please join up. It is important for everyone to cometogether and take concerted action to protect our interests and also to be proactive in solving other problems related to government provision of civic amenities in the region. This association will remain active from now onwards for various welfare activities to improve this location in addition to interacting with the builder regarding various buyers issues.

This membership drive is backed by an easy online registration process. Only those with booking or BBA if this has been issues can join and the documents scan have to provided. The annual membership fee is 1000 Rs which can be paid by easy online fund transfer to the bank account of the society.

I am making this post in Gurgaon thread because the project is located here and maximum readership will come from Gurgaon. I am sure people will find it mutually beneficial to join this association for solving various problems.

The PDF attachment gives details regarding joining

Dear Mr Venky
    This is a really wonderful job. Could you please tell how many Flat-owners have already joined the Association. Thanks and Regards
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by palyash
    Dear Mr Venky
    This is a really wonderful job. Could you please tell how many Flat-owners have already joined the Association. Thanks and Regards

I would really not like to disclose that in a public forum but many have joined. It has been a herculean task but some very active executive body members have spearheaded the effort.
    CommentQuote
  • Rs 1000 per member per annum!!! that's a quite a lot of money. Members please think twice before joining such money making associations.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by golu11
    Rs 1000 per member per annum!!! that's a quite a lot of money. Members please think twice before joining such money making associations.

Have you registered an association? Do you know how much you have to pay the lawyers and certain other people who shall remain unnamed to get an association registered?

Try to find out.

I generally spend about 1500 bucks each time I watch a movie with my family. I dont know about you.

I donated 1000 bucks a few weeks ago for rescuing a baby squirrel in our garden which we took to the animal shelter NGO.

Each visit to the barber in Green Park Geetanjali costs 1000 Rs. Although my kids get 15 Rs hair cut.

Each time I drive to Gurgaon it takes about 75 to 100 Km of driving depending on location whether sector 44 or 37D and each trip costs about 500 Rs in petrol and a days cost in leave.

I must have spent about 5000 Rs in petrol this year alone on driving to Gurgaon from my Delhi home. So my 1000 Rs contribution was just chump change compared to the time money and effort which also got expended thanks to the tardiness of the builder.

Please note that association funds are only spent on lawyer fees - not on any other expense.

Have you ever employed a lawyer? Have you ever been to court? Do you have any idea about cost?

Do you know how much DLF people paid to make their association and how much they paid to their lawyer - do you know what was the cost per family to hire R Ghaggar to represent them?
    CommentQuote
  • Dear Mr Golu11

I feel the above post will definitely give a clear picture of expenses incurred to form an Association. In case you are not interested to become member that really does not matter, but please do not comment like this..!!
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by palyash
    Dear Mr Golu11

I feel the above post will definitely give a clear picture of expenses incurred to form an Association. In case you are not interested to become member that really does not matter, but please do not comment like this..!!

guys please take help of your driver/domestic help...even he will get your association done in less then Rs 20,000. Else go to mini secretariat and you get it done in less then 15K.

I don't understand why personal expenses are being quoted to justify a membership fees of Rs 1000. If 1000 people join then 10 Lkahs per annum?

Top legal partners are ready to work for Rs 5,000 per hour and they are ready to work as retainer for such easy cases at a fixed fees for less then 3 lakhs per annum as fixed price.
    CommentQuote
    guys please take help of your driver/domestic help...even he will get your association done in less then Rs 20,000. Else go to mini secretariat and you get it done in less then 15K.

I don't understand why personal expenses are being quoted to justify a membership fees of Rs 1000. If 1000 people join then 10 Lkahs per annum?

Top legal partners are ready to work for Rs 5,000 per hour and they are ready to work as retainer for such easy cases at a fixed fees for less then 3 lakhs per annum as fixed price.

Your assumption of 1000 members seems too agressive..its a known fact that in the initial times only few people make the first move and hence the cost has to be adequate so as to cover the costs.

Plus I do not who which top law firm partners are available for 5000 per hour rate. Even associates biling rates in top firms are to the tune of 7000 per hour.

Also 1000 is a meagre amount considering the amounts that we have paid to the builder. So instead of wasting time on such minor non issue items let the members focus on more important items like ensuring timely possession, representing buyers interests etc.

Btw I havent joined as yet..but wont even think twice on the amount to be paid for joining...I am sure that the senior members of the association will be maintaing collection and expense records.
    CommentQuote

Golu....Pardon my ignorance, I had a few questions I would request you to answer:

1) How many associations have you got registered till date?
    2) What as per you should be the right membership fees? and how did you come to this figure?
    3) How many cases have you won till date? or how many cases have you filed till date?
    4) Any personal success story you would like to share where you have been able to stop abuse from builders and helped people in ur community.

I am asking these questions to understand where is your statement coming from. Strange part is your own calculation takes total fund to Rs. 10 lakh which is nothing for a fight this big. Also the assumption that 1000 owners will join is day dreaming. Is it not strange that some people will pay 10 lakh extra to builders and than cry on forums but will not invest a few thousands to save their rights.

I am myself a lawyer and let me assure you the kind of lawyers one needs against builders don't come at 3 lakh PA. These fights are expensive and take a lot of personal time of individuals. Waise you can get lawyer for Rs 5000 PA as well depends on who you want to stand in-front of Harish Salve and argue your case.

My personal opinion is Rs. 1000 is extremely less. The number of people who come forward and join initially are normally not too many unless the body has been able to create a name for itself. You will run a risk of running out of money quickly and be left in a situation where you will be stuck in middle. You can't withdraw the case nor continue it due to lack of money. It is important to charge the right amount which gives you enough cushion to fall back on and continue to fight. Asking people to contribute multiple times is a lost cause. You can't file a case if you don't know you will have enough money for the appeal. All cases against builders do go to Supreme Court.

The membership fees for NTH association is Rs. 20,000/- and our member base is one of the largest in all such pre-possession associations. we have been active as an association for around 2 years with more and more people joining every month with no one having left.

Offer value for the money the association takes. Our 20 K has saved customers lakhs even without a court judgement as our case is still being argued (which if we win will solve our remaining issues). Lastly never give false hope or make false promises. Always promise less and deliver more and you guys will continue to grow stronger.

Important-

I don't own an apartment with Ramaprastha, I am not a member of their association and neither do I know anyone in the association. Thus I am neither endorsing it nor saying anything against it. Anyone who joins should do his due diligence before taking decision.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi nbk.

Thanks for your input.

I am aware of the new town heights association charging 20000. Actually i thought it was 25000.

How many members do you have? Would appreciate this info if you dont mind.

Associations have other uses apart from court case. It is needed for going to the media. It is useful for mediation with builder. It is needed even after delivery of the flat when amenities have to be provided I.e. mediation with builder and govt agencies in this regard.

Finally if builder becomes bankrupt and defaults it helps to have association to take over project through court order. Keeping all these benefits in mind we felt it useful to prepare an association well in advance.

So the 1000 Rs was decided keeping the middle class mid level profile of the buyers in mind. Very different from DLF.

But then the builder is also small and cannot afford Harish Salve either. There are other ways to fight in courts than all out war. Trick is to figure out how to hurt the other side then offer a way out.

Lawyers are needed for mediation meetings and agreement drafting also. I am involved in 2 court cases unrelated to real estate and know how our courts function.

Fee has been kept low keeping the initial onjectives as well as the pockets of the buyer profile in mind. Most are middle class mid level people and cannot afford Rs. 20,000. I certainly cannot. One should keep within ones limits both financial commitment wise and with respect to time and effort commitment. Also the final outcome desired is also to be kept in mind.

For RP we only need to ensure speed up of construction and higher compensation for delay if any more occurs. The first objective is in builders favour also since it helps to sell more flats. Noboy buys in delayed project and price also doesnt perform in line with market.

A Second time contribution it is not a lost cause though. Only when the situation justifies it will people pay for it. Right now the situation does not require big contribution. Nobody will pay.

People will pay it when their entire investment faces financial ruin. Like if builder runs away or abandons construction. Or widespread illegalities suddenly surface. Marta kya na karta. At that time, a 20,000 Rs contribution to save 70 lakhs will seem a small price.

RP is a good buiilder and likelihood is low for these extreme events. But better safe than sorry. Our is a preventive proactive measure rather than curative. The collection amount is in keeping with the immediate one year objective.
    CommentQuote
  • Venky, agreed. Have already joined the association. I don't understand people in the forum crying for Rs.1000/- to join an asoociation for their own good. Let commomn sense prevail and we can have as many members for our next meet with RP.
    CommentQuote
  • That to when there hard earned money is at stake. Common guys 1000 is not a big amount. Please come forward and join the cause.

Originally Posted by RS Raghav
    Venky, agreed. Have already joined the association. I don't understand people in the forum crying for Rs.1000/- to join an asoociation for their own good. Let commomn sense prevail and we can have as many members for our next meet with RP.
    CommentQuote
  • Hi Venky,

We are RP Primera buyers group ( around 25-26 members), Who booked in Prelaunch stages and now facing many problems with BBA, we was trying to talk to RP management to remove the open ended Escalation clause and rectification of many other points like double parking etc.. Now the Management denied to change a single word in BBA.

15 Members have already decided to cancel the booking in group, and start fight to get our money back with least/no deduction.

As you have a long exp dealing with RP we need your view about the situation. What should be the best solution of our problem. We all are wiling to be out from this project with minimum deductions.
    CommentQuote
  • Originally Posted by lalit229
    Hi Venky,

We are RP Primera buyers group ( around 25-26 members), Who booked in Prelaunch stages and now facing many problems with BBA, we was trying to talk to RP management to remove the open ended Escalation clause and rectification of many other points like double parking etc.. Now the Management denied to change a single word in BBA.

15 Members have already decided to cancel the booking in group, and start fight to get our money back with least/no deduction.

As you have a long exp dealing with RP we need your view about the situation. What should be the best solution of our problem. We all are wiling to be out from this project with minimum deductions.

Media has to be involved and they have to be briefed as to how the builder made promises of wonderful project and then after taking the money they put in lethal clauses into the BBA.

A group protest with media coverage might be the only way - especially given the media friendly image built up by certain people.

Definitely you must get the full refund
    CommentQuote