Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

Collapse
X
Collapse

How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

Last updated: October 27 2013
5 | Posts
1117 | Views
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

    What is the best way to attract direct sellers (not brokers) and hopefully get best re-sale price by doing that?

    I am asking this because I work overseas and planning to visit home (delhi) for 1 month starting Mid Nov. My plan is to buy a 3 bedroom flat which will be RTM by next diwali may for self use. Budget 4-5K psf. My preference is GGN probably NH-8 or New GGN or any location close to good schools and proposed metro stops.

    Since I have limited time in delhi, so want to do ground work before landing there

    Cheers
    Manish
  • #2

    #2

    Re : How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

    Well as a buyer u cannot attract the sellers directly. You can search for adds posted by the owners at various forums like newspaper's property section and various property websites. Once u finalize the project, u can try talking to the staff of the builder, at times they are able to give references( the one's handling transfers). If its a RTM property whose possession has been offered, you can talk to the security at the site, they can give u the contact info of any flats on for sale( for a few hundred bucks, usually brokers pay them on regular basis.)

    Btw, at times brokers are needed for mediation cause the seller can demand an unrealistic price. I have seen it a few times. The brokers can advise the seller that his demand is higher than the current market price. The seller might get into an argument with u if try telling him that.

    A friend of mine was renting an appt in Park Place and we went to check out a few of them. We liked one of the 4BHK's, but the owner asked for 80k as rent. There was no point convincing him, as he was short tempered, so we walked out. Btw, the rentals were around 60k at that point of time.




    Originally posted by mkbonline View Post
    What is the best way to attract direct sellers (not brokers) and hopefully get best re-sale price by doing that?

    I am asking this because I work overseas and planning to visit home (delhi) for 1 month starting Mid Nov. My plan is to buy a 3 bedroom flat which will be RTM by next diwali may for self use. Budget 4-5K psf. My preference is GGN probably NH-8 or New GGN or any location close to good schools and proposed metro stops.

    Since I have limited time in delhi, so want to do ground work before landing there

    Cheers
    Manish
    Last edited October 27 2013, 12:09 AM.

    Comment

    • #3

      #3

      Re : How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

      the best option would be that family/friends or you remotely start talking to some brokers in advance (before your visit) and shortlist some options. Then during your visit you can meet the sellers (via the broker ofcourse) and see which one suits/fits your needs most and finalized it. It is a bit difficult to close everything in a month if you intend to start the process after you land on ground zero....a friend has done it but he ended up buying fresh from builder ( for which prices are obnoxiously high compared to resale ).

      i know it doesnt sound easy to start ping-pong with brokers remotely, but its not as impossible as it sounds. And you are your own boss in this case, so if you dont like a particular brokers tone/handling you can hop on to next one. Regarding whether they are quoting you an obnoxious price or not you can bring that to discussion here at IREF and there are lot of senior members here who would give you a hint of range you should look for. (the best to get some ref for brokers from friends/family if possible...P.S. - i have exactly followed this path that i am suggesting you and it worked with some ups and downs. all the best)

      Comment

      • #4

        #4

        Re : How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

        Thank you for your wonderful insight. I open to using broker provided their charge is reasonable and they are working for my favor.

        This would be my first prop, so not sure how to handle broker as some of them are very pushy. Also brokers are still very unorganized business. Though there are some bigger organized bokerage companies now like prop tiger, trust bank but not sure which one to chose

        In my budget (60-80 lacs), 3 BHK could be possible only in New Gurgaon it seems.
        If you know any, Can you PM to any reliable brokers ?

        Originally posted by someday View Post
        the best option would be that family/friends or you remotely start talking to some brokers in advance (before your visit) and shortlist some options. Then during your visit you can meet the sellers (via the broker ofcourse) and see which one suits/fits your needs most and finalized it. It is a bit difficult to close everything in a month if you intend to start the process after you land on ground zero....a friend has done it but he ended up buying fresh from builder ( for which prices are obnoxiously high compared to resale ).

        i know it doesnt sound easy to start ping-pong with brokers remotely, but its not as impossible as it sounds. And you are your own boss in this case, so if you dont like a particular brokers tone/handling you can hop on to next one. Regarding whether they are quoting you an obnoxious price or not you can bring that to discussion here at IREF and there are lot of senior members here who would give you a hint of range you should look for. (the best to get some ref for brokers from friends/family if possible...P.S. - i have exactly followed this path that i am suggesting you and it worked with some ups and downs. all the best)

        Comment

        • #5

          #5

          Re : How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

          Originally posted by mkbonline View Post
          Thank you for your wonderful insight. I open to using broker provided their charge is reasonable and they are working for my favor.

          This would be my first prop, so not sure how to handle broker as some of them are very pushy. Also brokers are still very unorganized business. Though there are some bigger organized bokerage companies now like prop tiger, trust bank but not sure which one to chose

          In my budget (60-80 lacs), 3 BHK could be possible only in New Gurgaon it seems.
          If you know any, Can you PM to any reliable brokers ?
          i would not recommend proptiger, they are no better than a road side prop dealer...who always says yes to everything but does nothing - (source - first hand experience)

          (dont have any exp with trustbank)

          check your pm

          Comment

          • #6

            #6

            Re : How to attract Sellers in Gurgaon?

            Not confident on either of brokers - false commitment experience is what I have heard - trustbanq has not been a good experience for many in my circle so better avoid .

            Try fetching some direct deals instead.

            Comment

            Have any questions or thoughts about this?
            Working...
            X