Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

Collapse
X
Collapse

Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

Last updated: September 8 2014
65 | Posts
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #51

    #51

    Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

    Originally posted by Venkytalks View Post
    Wish you all the best dost. [emoji106]

    Dost, you have put RTM in Dwarka in your list of predictions for investments to be made in 2014.

    Is it because prices there are at an all time low?

    Comment

    • #52

      #52

      Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

      Originally posted by rwnano View Post
      1. I think it was more, being realistic about the price that one can expect for ones property, having a trustworthy and highly capable broker is what is helping people sell their property

      2. The demand and the serious inquiries that are there, I find, are coming from other people who are ALREADY residing in the apartment complexes themselves. Unreasonable demands on the side of the seller is also not getting met.

      In the buying selling process- there is not too much serious interest from laypeople who are visiting and passing by and are looking for "investments".

      I also find that apart from the buyers being from the complex themselves, they are buying it for their own residence and not for investment/rental.

      3. I think there is a proper, 10% discount going on (approx), which is why I expect properties on golf course road, also to be going for 10% less than the expected sale price - a point I made in the DLF Icon thread, but I was refuted by SH-saxena who is living there.
      True all these are enablers, but none will work if there are no buyers, as claimed by lot of people.

      Good areas with RTM for good projects do have buyers.

      Further there is hardly any buyer who buys for end use but will not bother for end use. If someone believes that prices are going to crash by half, even if he is an end user, he will not buy.

      There are several purveyors of prices will crash or have already fallen by half.

      Even by normal standard closing in 2 months is pretty fast.

      Comment

      • #53

        #53

        Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

        Congrats on selling your flat in record time !!
        Last year my Dwarka flat took almost an year to sell, hence selling in two months is indeed great.

        There is already a discount of 5% in Golf Course properties (the peak quotes for Icon were 3.8 for smaller size 4BHK and the sales which have happened recently are 3.6 for smaller size, hence a 5% discount). Not seen prices go down more than this yet in Icon atleast. The few owners whom Ive spoken to dont seem to be in any kind of desperate state.

        Originally posted by rwnano View Post
        1. I think it was more, being realistic about the price that one can expect for ones property, having a trustworthy and highly capable broker is what is helping people sell their property

        2. The demand and the serious inquiries that are there, I find, are coming from other people who are ALREADY residing in the apartment complexes themselves. Unreasonable demands on the side of the seller is also not getting met.

        In the buying selling process- there is not too much serious interest from laypeople who are visiting and passing by and are looking for "investments".

        I also find that apart from the buyers being from the complex themselves, they are buying it for their own residence and not for investment/rental.

        3. I think there is a proper, 10% discount going on (approx), which is why I expect properties on golf course road, also to be going for 10% less than the expected sale price - a point I made in the DLF Icon thread, but I was refuted by SH-saxena who is living there.
        Last edited September 1 2014, 04:20 PM.

        Comment

        • #54

          #54

          Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

          Hi, if you find it ok can you please let us know at what price you were able to sell. 10% here means 20L which is a big amount. Also - do you have any idea at what price one can expect for a 3BHK (1805). I am considering to buy one.

          Comment

          • #55

            #55

            Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

            Originally posted by Realvester View Post
            Hi, if you find it ok can you please let us know at what price you were able to sell. 10% here means 20L which is a big amount. Also - do you have any idea at what price one can expect for a 3BHK (1805). I am considering to buy one.
            10% is just 10%. If it happens to be 20L then also think of the buyer who is committing 2 Cr. in this market when there is every chance of prices dropping further. Would the buyer even care to look at a 5L discount when he is putting in 2 Cr?

            Comment

            • #56

              #56

              Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

              This wasnt closed in 2 months, this was on the market for a much longer time than it seems. the question in the OP was an afterthought, my family had already decided to sell this one, largely since having 2 in gurgaon is riskier than 1 in delhi, and 1 here
              .


              still waiting for venkys reply to my post above.

              Comment

              • #57

                #57

                Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

                Originally posted by kinjalchato View Post
                congratulations, it appears from your post you were able to sell OP in less than 2 months . It goes to show that there is a healthy demand for RTM properties in sohna road.
                Now that he is saying it took much longer and at 10% discount to advertised price, what do you say? Still in denial?

                Comment

                • #58

                  #58

                  Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

                  Originally posted by rwnano View Post
                  Dost, you have put RTM in Dwarka in your list of predictions for investments to be made in 2014.

                  Is it because prices there are at an all time low?
                  If I remember it was because downside was already over. Prices were already down. So safety of capital was greatest among all locations and segments.

                  In retrospect prices have fallen some more. But not much.

                  They fell much less than builder floors, Rohini, south delhi and Dwarka expressway as predicted.

                  Prices in GCX Sohna road performed much better again as predicted.

                  All in all Dwarka would have been better avoided in Jan 2014. I think till 2016 one can forget about it. I had said that property was avoidable in 2014 and Dwarka was for "if you must" category.

                  For end user it was good enough time to buy. Taking loan of 70 lakhs now ( if affordable ) means you save rent and loan amount would be same now or in 2016 with same EMI.

                  Stagnation is irrelevant for end users on loan.

                  It is bad only for investors.

                  Price falls however is bad for both. Why pay 50L today if 2 years later you get for 40L? With increments with same 50L loan why not buy a bigger better flat?

                  Currently even price and rental falls in Dwarka look possible. Another 10% downside in Dwarka might have already happened as I havent tracked
                  Last edited September 2 2014, 12:57 AM.
                  Venky (Please read watch a or before posting)

                  Comment

                  • #59

                    #59

                    Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

                    Originally posted by Catbert View Post
                    Now that he is saying it took much longer and at 10% discount to advertised price, what do you say? Still in denial?
                    OOps you seemed to have missed that his first post was in July 14th asking for advice to sell or not to sell. so I can only comment on what he has written. It takes atleast 3+ months in the best of times to complete a RE transaction , hence my surprise. everyone knows since 2013 it has not been best of time. In 2008 prices in certain area went down by 20% and still many invested and made a huge amount of money. and some were still waiting for prices to fall and hence we know who are in denial still.

                    and it appears you have never sold any apartment in your life otherwise you will not be asking such questions.

                    But no point in continuing this discussion as it s not add value to the gentleman. Please continue.
                    Last edited September 2 2014, 10:13 AM.

                    Comment

                    • #60

                      #60

                      Re : Poll Should My Dad Keep Orchid Petals Gurgaon Dwarka WCGHS Flat

                      Originally posted by kinjalchato View Post
                      OOps you seemed to have missed that his first post was in July 14th asking for advice to sell or not to sell. so I can only comment on what he has written. It takes atleast 3+ months in the best of times to complete a RE transaction , hence my surprise. everyone knows since 2013 it has not been best of time. In 2008 prices in certain area went down by 20% and still many invested and made a huge amount of money. and some were still waiting for prices to fall and hence we know who are in denial still.

                      and it appears you have never sold any apartment in your life otherwise you will not be asking such questions.

                      But no point in continuing this discussion as it s not add value to the gentleman. Please continue.
                      When questioned about present, talk of 2008. When that argument fails, talk of 2000 and so on... blah blah blah...

                      Comment

                      Tags: NULL
                      Have any questions or thoughts about this?
                      Working...
                      X